A Time For Change In My Life. Need Some Opinions Or Thoughts Please! [Navy]

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » A time for change in my life. Need some opinions or thoughts please! [Navy]
A time for change in my life. Need some opinions or thoughts please! [Navy]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18
By chichi 2010-08-21 20:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

@vinvv plz tell me when you have signed up and your screenname and I will invite you to a game
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-21 20:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

chichi said:
www.chess.com

you have to sign up of course but it's really easy
okidoke.
I'm vinvv on it.

I have a philly cheesteak pizza coming my way soon so I might only be able to get 1 game in.
By chichi 2010-08-21 20:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

k looking for you
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 20:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
lets goooooo broooooooooooooooooooooo
Play where how?
By chichi 2010-08-21 20:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@vinvv where r u ??
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-08-21 20:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Play where how?
you have msn ya? add me heartwhisper76@hotmail.com and we can play on there.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 20:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Play where how?
you have msn ya? add me heartwhisper76@hotmail.com and we can play on there.
Otays
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-08-21 20:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot how to play chess ;/
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-08-21 20:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
i dont even know how to play chess
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 20:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
I got taught by a guy who taught my dad when I was like 4. What my dad forgot to tell until I was like 10 was the reason I never won a game was cause this guy played tournaments lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 20:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha /wins!
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-08-21 20:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ha /wins!
stupid move!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-08-21 23:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe this is a stupid question....but why do army/navy/marines commit suicide? is they dont like what they doing, or to much to handle? or is it just mainly cause by something outside of the army/navy/marines like after they get out?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 23:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
maybe this is a stupid question....but why do army/navy/marines commit suicide? is they dont like what they doing, or to much to handle? or is it just mainly cause by something outside of the army/navy/marines like after they get out?
Some people can't handle the stress of the job. The hours can be killer. I've personally done 20 hours a day for 7 days in a row several times. Or 12-18 hours a day for a couple of times. All this while getting paid meh cause you certainly don't get paid overtime. Alot of times when there is litterally no work to do. But don't tell your boss that or they will find stuff for you to do.

And dealing with complete douchebags that would've been fired 5X over in the real world gets to you. Especially when they are your boss. Also alot fake it to get out.

Then of course there is the war thing. Or being away from home for a long time when deployed. Or getting *** over all the time etc.

Not as a big a problem as before but alot of people couldn't deal with the transition to the real world afterwards and would get emo. It's almost like being in jail for awhile and then coming out lol. Don't know how to deal with having to make all the decisions in there life and such. Though we have TAPS now for that for sometime to help.

I see you didn't include the chairforce and that's good cause they got it easy!
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-08-21 23:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

On the Canadian side of things, I planned to join the Army as a medic a couple years ago. I talked to a recruiter and passed the fitness and aptitude tests.

During the medical exam the chief medical officer said I had good 'spirit', said he would help me get a leg up in the army, even send me to the 25th FA brigade, if I was serious. Pity I turned down the offer... only cause my mom wasn't doing so well and needed me around. Now I'm college taking paramedic classes for 3 years . _.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-21 23:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to know how that suicide ratio compares to that of the USA as a whole.

And when I say this, understand I'm not knocking people for joining, but I get the impression it's a last resort for some to join. And as such, they're messed up to begin with, and the military itself has no bearing on them killing themselves.
 Cerberus.Ethics
Server: Cerberus
user: zerohoax
By Cerberus.Ethics 2010-08-21 23:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does anyone commit suicide? Life blows.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-21 23:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:

And when I say this, understand I'm not knocking people for joining, but I get the impression it's a last resort for some to join. And as such, they're messed up to begin with, and the military itself has no bearing on them killing themselves.

You don't need to be messed up to commit suicide, suicide is actually an act of impulse it just takes a lot of stress for a period of time and the right bottons pressed, and there, You're done for.

haven't read it yet, trying to finish chronicles of anne rice before I touch this book..but theres a big reason why she named it Impulse.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-21 23:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Fairy.Spence said:

You don't need to be messed up to commit suicide, suicide is actually an act of impulse it just takes a lot of stress for a period of time and the right bottons pressed, and there, You're done for.

One day...

One day...
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-08-22 00:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Fairy.Spence said:

haven't read it yet, trying to finish chronicles of anne rice before I touch this book..but theres a big reason why she named it Impulse.
i love her books. <3
edit: and i believe what darki said. not saying who but someone irl i know snapped in front of me and went crazy, she/he is fine now(untill it happens again..) idk how I can look at them now. its like it never happened but it did and they act like nothing happened..
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-22 00:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I met a person that actually did it several times, and she was just attention whoring, she would drink enough pills to just make herself sick but not kill herself and then pass out in a place in her house where she would be found quickly.

after she came out of the hospital she called me and I told her next time to use a gun if she was serious, she stopped talking to me lol (finaly)
besides, it was really just attention whoring, she just told everyone at university 'omfg last week i tried to kill myself' out of nowhere.
so *** ridiculous.

a person that is a real suicide... really has *** up time on their life after doing a real attempt.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-22 00:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:

edit: and i believe what darki said. not saying who but someone irl i know snapped in front of me and went crazy, she/he is fine now(untill it happens again..) idk how I can look at them now. its like it never happened but it did and they act like nothing happened..

You're going to have to elaborate ~
Phoenix.Darki said:

I met a person that actually did it several times, and she was just attention whoring, she would drink enough pills to just make herself sick but not kill herself and then pass out in a place in her house where she would be found quickly.

after she came out of the hospital she called me and I told her next time to use a gun if she was serious, she stopped talking to me lol (finaly)
besides, it was really just attention whoring, she just told everyone at university 'omfg last week i tried to kill myself' out of nowhere.
so *** ridiculous.

a person that is a real suicide... really has *** up time on their life after doing a real attempt.

That proves your point how?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-22 00:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

All the suicide training I've been too (and yeah they make us go alot) while attempts are often cries for attention people who actually plan to go thru with it are general thought out over time and only done after they feel there is litterally no other choice. It's not so much as wanting to die as it just seems like the best solution since they can't fix whatever is wrong in there life. And usually wont tell anyone or leave too much in signs

Which isn't to say the people that attempt it don't need help. While some are attention *** alot are doing it as a last resort to get help/attention before they actually do it. Though all the people that I've seen supposedly attempt were douches trying to get out of the navy. Which was about 3 lol one was even my roomate
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-08-22 00:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Asura.Poupee said:

as in, they said they wanted to blow there brains out and took a knife and was holding it in front of there chest?
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-22 00:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, so they killed themself?
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-22 00:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Asura.Poupee said:

as in, they said they wanted to blow there brains out and took a knife and was holding it in front of there chest?

I knew a girl like that in highschool.. almost seemed like she would do it for attention lol

By EtienneLoire 2010-08-22 01:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

so *** ridiculous.

Bonjour! chéri, Je trouver tu ignorant.

Cerberus.Ethics
Server: Cerberus
user: zerohoax
By Cerberus.Ethics 2010-08-22 01:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

I am unsure as to what exactly you're attempting to say, but if I have indeed translated it correctly, I would like to point out that if suicide is enough of an option to attempt, their life probably wasn't much more *** after than it was before.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-22 02:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:

i will throw down in chess, whoeva, i ain't cur
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-22 02:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:

i will throw down in chess, whoeva, i ain't cur
Click this, and I'll play you. I just woke up but even so I used to be really good at Chess.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18