First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-10 20:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vethric said: »
"boomer forum lol" i snicker to myself, a grown *** adult, just blasting AFI and Taking Back Sunday while trying to relive my middle school glory days in a 20 yr old bootleg version of the game i keep calling dead
You need to listen to classic rock like nirvana

edit: crap, paged! Here have some this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Vethric
user: fusional
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-10 20:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
Coming in here to troll because some people on a forum they aren't even signed up to might have laughed at a few streamers getting DCMA'd is extremely petty and their discourse in here gives me no reason to have any sympathy honestly.

main character syndrome tbh. streamer ego leads them to believe they can come here to stir ***up "for free content" and when things don't go as planned they start stomping around and yeeting their toys out of the pram.

nature is healing, they are the virus
[+]
By Seun 2023-12-10 21:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

kacici said: »
Seems that people here have a very poor understanding of copyright law. Not surprising.

was it poor understanding of law, hubris or willful ignorance that got you DMCA'd in the first place?

In CDC formation

[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-10 21:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They obviously don't like the retail community and this forum as they said this on their stream on Friday so why come in here? Aren't they just proving people right about the Horizon community instead?
[+]
By Radiantmoon 2023-12-10 22:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They obviously don't like the retail community and this forum as they said this on their stream on Friday so why come in here? Aren't they just proving people right about the Horizon community instead?

Both sides have been really shitty. While I haven't seen the HXI side personally (recently), from the time I spent in their discord and the few weeks I played it when they first launched I can 100% believe how dumb some of the people can be.

As a retail player that enjoyed watching people playing and experiencing XI for the first time, even in a pserver, it's been enjoyable. The disgusting replies I've seen from retail players in this forum though reminds me why I keep socializing to a minimum.
[+]
By Shenaniganz 2023-12-10 22:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm ashamed that I've spent most of my Monday hate-reading this topic, then periodically refreshing it to hate-read the newest posts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2023-12-10 22:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait....I think I'm really late to catching up to all of this...

Are you people saying that people watch other people play video games? Like...on video? On the interwebs?

We did that, kinda. But we were physically with each other..

Also there was a basement...and pizza rolls...also weed. And grunge music.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-10 22:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Radiantmoon said: »

Both sides have been really shitty. While I haven't seen the HXI side personally (recently), from the time I spent in their discord and the few weeks I played it when they first launched I can 100% believe how dumb some of the people can be.

As a retail player that enjoyed watching people playing and experiencing XI for the first time, even in a pserver, it's been enjoyable. The disgusting replies I've seen from retail players in this forum though reminds me why I keep socializing to a minimum.

Yes and I have said that in this thread, all communities have toxicity. But as I also said, stay in your lane. I'm not going to the Horizon discord or to Horizon streamers and harassing them or trying to troll so why come in here and do that as a Horizon streamer? Why do Horizon players have to go to MrHappy videos and tell him he should be doing his event on Horizon and spam that everywhere? I'd have more sympathy if they tried to be the bigger person and not petty.

Oh also you called Ejin's community "mentally challenged" so how are you any better?
[+]
By Draylo 2023-12-10 22:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Wait....I think I'm really late to catching up to all of this...

Are you people saying that people watch other people play video games? Like...on video? On the interwebs?

We did that, kinda. But we were physically with each other..

Also there was a basement...and pizza rolls...also weed. And grunge music.

They gonna call you a boomer!
By Radiantmoon 2023-12-11 00:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes and I have said that in this thread, all communities have toxicity. But as I also said, stay in your lane. I'm not going to the Horizon discord or to Horizon streamers and harassing them or trying to troll so why come in here and do that as a Horizon streamer? Why do Horizon players have to go to MrHappy videos and tell him he should be doing his event on Horizon and spam that everywhere? I'd have more sympathy if they tried to be the bigger person and not petty.

Oh also you called Ejin's community "mentally challenged" so how are you any better?

Oh I'm 100000% not any better, I'm toxic as feck, I love how one guy in his chat called me a communist though just because I disagreed with his comments. As another constantly talked about how there's a hard line in the law and ToS violations but sits in Ejin's stream daily as he 6 boxes in his way through the game using all sorts of addons and programs on his other screens that we can't see. They are, in all intent and purposes, mentally challenged, media illiterate and obtuse thinking anything else I can throw in there yes.

One of them literally went into Slag's stream to shet talk her about how she fecked around and found out. In reply Slag said "yes I did feck around and found out, I've been talking about this on stream for 2 hours, if you're just gonna come in here out of no where to re iterate the same insults that retail people have been throwing at me over and over again I'm just going to ban you" (paraphrased but this is how the basically conversation went)

Comes back to Ejin's chat just to call her chat r-tarded even though it was pretty chill with her talking about what game she should play next until he came in and started riling her up. Make it make sense.

Going into MrHappy's stream to tell him to do his relatively dead event on HXI is also dumb asf that falls under what I said before about advertising it so hard like a bunch of smooth brains.

But yeah arguing with people is my toxic trait, my gf hates it LOL.

Edit: FFXI RoZ HC for 5$ if you have a FFXIV already would def sell. I don't think people would be as bored with it quickly but idk, humanity is pretty fickle.
By Rabadaba 2023-12-11 00:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
They gonna call you a boomer!

Let's be honest, calling forum posters in late 2023 "boomers" is an apt insult. How many forums from the 2000's are still active these days? Most communities moved on to larger platforms. Hell, this place seems more active than BG which should tell you something about the game. Especially, when all some of you seem to care about is a private server.

And while I know most people don't like it, the reality is more people care to watch streams of people playing on Horizon than someone grinding Odyssey for the 100th time or w/e. If Ejin and that other retail streamer stopped streaming XI and SE truly went after private server streamers then the FFXI category would be completely empty. It's been this way for several years on twitch, get over it.

So, if people want to be mad, be mad at SE for using your subscriptions to subsidize other projects. I think all fans of FFXI whether it's 75-cap enjoyers or 99 retail fanboys would've been much happier to see SE do something meaningful for the 20th anniversary. They always mention how difficult it is to make new content for the game because lolPS2 devkits, but that's a bs copout. If SE actually cared about FFXI then they would've remade FFXI in a new engine to leave that technical debt in the past where it belonged years ago. The sad reality is that hobbyists will probably port FFXI to a modern game engine before SE ever does. What's even sadder is some of you will still hate on it for "stealing" assets.
By Mrxi 2023-12-11 00:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I'm 100000% not any better, I'm toxic as feck, I love how one guy in his chat called me a communist though just because I disagreed with his comments. As another constantly talked about how there's a hard line in the law and ToS violations but sits in Ejin's stream daily as he 6 boxes in his way through the game using all sorts of addons and programs on his other screens that we can't see. They are, in all intent and purposes, mentally challenged, media illiterate and obtuse thinking anything else I can throw in there yes.

One of them literally went into Slag's stream to shet talk her about how she fecked around and found out. In reply Slag said "yes I did feck around and found out, I've been talking about this on stream for 2 hours, if you're just gonna come in here out of no where to re iterate the same insults that retail people have been throwing at me over and over again I'm just going to ban you" (paraphrased but this is how the basically conversation went)

Comes back to Ejin's chat just to call her chat r-tarded even though it was pretty chill with her talking about what game she should play next until he came in and started riling her up. Make it make sense.

Going into MrHappy's stream to tell him to do his relatively dead event on HXI is also dumb asf that falls under what I said before about advertising it so hard like a bunch of smooth brains.

But yeah arguing with people is my toxic trait, my gf hates it LOL.

Edit: FFXI RoZ HC for 5$ if you have a FFXIV already would def sell. I don't think people would be as bored with it quickly but idk, humanity is pretty fickle.
Yes some people hate Horizon with a passion but its like 1 or 2 guys. If you are talking about me Snowbals I'm sorry I offended, I mostly just say play retail. It's a great game and you should all give it a try, really fun no kap.
By Radiantmoon 2023-12-11 00:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrxi said: »
Yes some people hate Horizon with a passion but its like 1 or 2 guys. If you are talking about me Snowbals I'm sorry I offended, I mostly just say play retail. It's a great game and you should all give it a try, really fun no kap.

Damn it snowbals I said you were the ONLY one not acting like an incorrigible *** in that chat at the time lmfao.
[+]
By kacici 2023-12-11 01:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Me, a horizon player, posting a horizon related topic in a forum titled "HorizonXI":

You, posting in my thread: This is harassment
By kacici 2023-12-11 01:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone on here is mad at me for "trolling" consider the fact that you literally have a HorizonXI subforum that is intentionally inaccessible to HorizonXI players. What in the world does this exist for, if not to troll? LMFAO
By kacici 2023-12-11 01:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
If she is the streamer i think she is, then she seemed much more measured and chill about the whole DMCA thing on Friday. I would assume, and she can feel free to correct me, that she got saltly/riled by these threads and the fun we may have had at her's and the other DMCA'ed streamer's expense.

At any rate I am surprises that would be enough to bother her based on how she seemed in the stream i watched friday, which i was watching to confirm some of the point made during the other DMCA discussion thread she did a good job clarifying a lot of points, She seemed mostly fine and just skeptical that it was a actually issued by SE (which i still think could be a fair stance until SE actually says "yeah it twas me").

Anywho I wouldn't pay much mind you us (ffxiah) if I was you kacici.

That was me, I am not bothered so much as I think this is really funny. I think I do come off as brusque / harsh in text sometimes hahahah. It's fun to get a bit riled up at stuff occasionally.

I think people took the "boomer" thing as very insulting when it's something I use all the time to refer to anything I don't understand. If it's old and I don't get it, it's boomer. If it's new and I don't get it, I'm boomer (or it's zoomer). I said "boomer forum" bc I couldn't figure out how to work the quote. It was a description of the forum like, itself, not the people in it LOL
By Draylo 2023-12-11 01:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How old are these people even? Calling us boomers for using a forum but you are playing a 20 yr old game format in 75 era... Let's see

Quote:
And while I know most people don't like it, the reality is more people care to watch streams of people playing on Horizon than someone grinding Odyssey for the 100th time or w/e. If Ejin and that other retail streamer stopped streaming XI and SE truly went after private server streamers then the FFXI category would be completely empty. It's been this way for several years on twitch, get over it.

Nobody is watching that private server ***either. XI is just not a game most people stream or find enjoyment in watching, always been that way even in its prime. Most MMO are like that
By Rabadaba 2023-12-11 01:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is watching that private server ***either. XI is just not a game most people stream or find enjoyment in watching, always been that way even in its prime. Most MMO are like that

There seem to be plenty of people that are watching Horizon streamers right now, so this is some cope. The total number of people watching Horizon streams each day is at least double that of what Ejin gets and he's been a faithful XI streamer for years.

Also, not sure how much you pay attention but modern MMOs or at least popular ones get plenty of viewers. FFXI category is practically dead because SE doesn't release any new meaningful content for the game and hasn't in years.
By kacici 2023-12-11 01:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is FFXIAH gonna DMCA me for showing these posts?

Seems that people here have a very poor understanding of copyright law. Not surprising.

was it poor understanding of law, hubris or willful ignorance that got you DMCA'd in the first place? :) anyway DMCA deez, nerd (gottem)
As I've stated, every streamer violates the Materials Usage License if they play any music at all over the gameplay (silent dunes!!) so it could have been that - OR - it could be some very miserable retail player committing fraud and perjury to own the pserver streamers! Remains to be seen. One guy literally dedicates all of his free time to creating new accounts so he can spam ascii *** in Horizon streamers' chats tho, when he realized I thought it was amusing he started slurring me instead. Real cool guy, that one. Totally mentally stable.

Also tone is hard to understand via text lol
By Draylo 2023-12-11 01:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't watch people play video games on twitch especially MMOs, so yeah I don't pay attention to it. Just from a glance it doesn't seem to get much viewers at all. So I wonder what is "plenty of viewers" to you? Is this some kind of contest? I already know XI in general doesn't and hasn't gotten a lot of viewers, even in its prime. This coming from someone who used to upload a lot of videos in the past and keep up with the Youtube scene for it for a long time. You acting like you are some pop star for a private server of a 20 year old game... I just can't.
[+]
By Rabadaba 2023-12-11 02:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I wonder what is "plenty of viewers" to you? Is this some kind of contest?

No contest, but when private server viewership for a game outpaces retail viewership on a regular basis then I think that's something to take note of. One might ask why that is the case, but for anyone who pays attention the answer should be obvious, SE doesn't do anything with FFXI so it gets hardly any views on content platforms. Runescape gets far more viewers than XI, but that's because developers still pay attention to that game.

Also, XI's prime was back in 2005 pre-WoW and the game's population had already taken a huge dip by 2009 and was even smaller by the time content creation became what it is today. Although, that's what happens when you don't really react to the market until its too late and hardly bother to market your game.

You acting like you are some pop star for a private server of a 20 year old game... I just can't.

This doesn't make any sense, but ok?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Rabadaba 2023-12-11 02:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
gonna be a broken record talking about wow all the time, but it does piss me off seeing what's possible if you spend the effort to maintain and improve an old game. yoshida learned plenty from them and applied it to ffxiv but this lesson he failed.

I used to sing Yoshida's praises until I played XIV long enough to know that he doesn't have too many original ideas of his own. XIV's a great game if you're a fan of the Final Fantasy franchise and want to meet similarly minded people. As far as MMOs go it's a mediocre game with a lot of flaws. So, it's a safe bet to say that he won't be the one to breathe any life back into an old game like XI. He laughed when an interviewer asked him a question from fans of 1.0 about ever seeing that version of the game again. A failure on his part to understand why people might be asking for that.

Around the time SE dropped PS2 support for FFXI is when they could've made a huge announcement saying, "oh btw we remade/ported FFXI to a new game engine and it'll be available for PC and PS4!" I could go on, but anyone should be able to tell that I'm not fond of SE's stewardship of the FF franchise. It honestly deserves a lot more than what modern SE is able to give it.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-12-11 02:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Rabadaba said: »

No contest, but when private server viewership for a game outpaces retail viewership on a regular basis then I think that's something to take note of. One might ask why that is the case, but for anyone who pays attention the answer should be obvious, SE doesn't do anything with FFXI so it gets hardly any views on content platforms. Runescape gets far more viewers than XI, but that's because developers still pay attention to that game.

Also, XI's prime was back in 2005 pre-WoW and the game's population had already taken a huge dip by 2009 and was even smaller by the time content creation became what it is today. Although, that's what happens when you don't really react to the market until its too late and hardly bother to market your game.

The game barely had streamers/viewers even before this p server was an idea in their heads. It just is not a popular game, has never been one even when that content was relevant. The reason this server has more viewership is because its newer and also because it was hyped by Ninja and also because of the funds being thrown at it. People just go to things that are "popular" even if those things are popular due to shady behind the scenes things (no other private server had any kind of viewership either, so why does this one suddenly? Why don't you ask yourself that.)

As far as SE and failing to market the game, I agree with you on that. It is a shame they never gave this game the attention it deserved, mainly because they didn't think it would last and they invested so much into XIV which is why it was neglected towards the end of 75 cap.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Klynn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: kacici
By Quetzalcoatl.Klynn 2023-12-11 02:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You acting like you are some pop star for a private server of a 20 year old game... I just can't.

This doesn't make any sense, but ok?

Yep, these are some statistics I compare often: FFXI vs WoW Classic vs Oldschool Runescape. I was shocked at the amount of players / viewers of OSRS, which is objectively hideous, and it seems the gameplay is... cookie clicker with more steps? Idk maybe I'm not high enough level to grasp the intricacies. But it seems developers still develop it bc there's an in-game voting booth where you can vote on changes.

Tbh I have lost the plot of this conversation. It seems Draylo is confused on who they are talking to, bc I'm assuming the pop star comment was directed at me, but the rest of the comment wasn't? lol
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-11 02:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Klynn said: »
Tbh I have lost the plot of this conversation.
Same.

Let's make it about millennial single player games?
 Quetzalcoatl.Klynn
By Quetzalcoatl.Klynn 2023-12-11 02:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The game barely had streamers/viewers even before this p server was an idea in their heads. It just is not a popular game, has never been one even when that content was relevant. The reason this server has more viewership is because its newer and also because it was hyped by Ninja and also because of the funds being thrown at it. People just go to things that are "popular" even if those things are popular due to shady behind the scenes things (no other private server had any kind of viewership either, so why does this one suddenly? Why don't you ask yourself that.)

As far as SE and failing to market the game, I agree with you on that. It is a shame they never gave this game the attention it deserved, mainly because they didn't think it would last and they invested so much into XIV which is why it was neglected towards the end of 75 cap.

I've played FFXI since 2004. I joined horizon bc it sounded like what I wanted in a private server, 75 cap content and gradual release of other expansions. It sounded like fun to me. I had no interest in going back to retail bc I consider it an entirely different game by 2012. You can literally look at the character I am on rn's AH history to verify I quit retail in 2012.

As to why it has viewership? Well, MY stream has for a number of reasons. I have lots of friends on twitch from multiple categories. I was highly involved in overwatch one tricking communities since 2016. I get raided by partners who enjoy my content, because I'm entertaining, apparently. I'm extremely consistent and I stream high hours. I plan out bits and stunts (like this one). I spend time networking. I spend time on my makeup. I practice conversation skills and study what other streamers do to retain an audience. I post to other social medias. I play a game I deeply love and am enthusiastic about. Effort and luck.

At least 50% of my audience has never played XI and have no interest in it whatsoever. The fact that I play on horizon isn't relevant to them at all. Some of my audience are people who used to play, who don't have time to play anymore, and just enjoy the nostalgia. Some are horizon players. Some probably watch me on mute before they hit up PH. That's just how it goes. And I get a chunk of change I can throw onto my student loans every month.
 Quetzalcoatl.Klynn
By Quetzalcoatl.Klynn 2023-12-11 02:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Tbh I have lost the plot of this conversation.
Same.

Let's make it about millennial single player games?

Big fan of Super Mario RPG: 7 stars. Haven't gotten to play the remake yet tho, too busy w my regular day job having overtime :(
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-11 02:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

time and a half or double time?
By Rabadaba 2023-12-11 02:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I spend time...

This is why I can't stream. I don't want to put the time or effort into entertaining people. And then of course there's dealing with overzealous companies and/or trolls who want to ruin people's fun. Big ups to anyone who puts in the effort to make it work.
[+]