First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 67 68 69
 Asura.Psycosocial
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Psycosocial 2024-04-18 11:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
just be realistic with yourself about what you're doing and why you're doing it, stick to your own personal arbitrary rules, and own it.

Exactly. Particular emphasis on the own it bit.

Use whatever, no one cares.

Just don't get on a high horse pretending to be legitimate while everyone can see a dozen other not legitimate tools that do a lot more than just WS while disengaged. It's hypocritical to the extreme.

I mean, both sides of the fields always sounds like a high horse conversation. Especially the more it is discussed.
By Godfry 2024-04-18 11:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It just seems like a weird line in the sand to have, WS while disengaged, even going as far to take it out of the official gearswap release just because of some self conceived notion of cheating, while also using 200 other addons and tools at the same time.

Slippery slope etc etc, it just seems like a weird thing to have a hang up on.

Especially on videos that show vanilla macros for WS and also no one gets knocked back ever in a fight with AoE knock backs. What, you think viewers are too stupid to realise what's happening? Or playing the "oh that's just lag" game.

If everyone is "vanilla" no one gets banned for third party tools I guess.

They are not making a moral equivalence. But they should know that there are a handful of people who will even go as far as to use quotes (""), even though the website allows us to actually quote what was posted.

Some people in my group use gearswap but refuse to use fastcs and anchor. They feel like that's not for them. They don't make any moral equivalence or think that they are better than the other players in the group. They even laugh at the hypocrisy of it. Because some people in our group dont use anchor, and one doesn't even use gearswap, it adds a little bit of stress to some of these fights. But, except for speed-hack, I use everything. When I share a video I even share the GM mark on top of my name.

It's pretty clear to anyone who didn't grow up to become a hateful shrew that they (Velner's group) aren't making moral equivalence there. Some people use anchor, some people will WS while disengaged, some people will play full vanilla. But as long as they didn't explicitly make the moral equivalence, attaching that to them is borderline dishonest.

However, it's no surprise to anyone that the people doing it are usually the same suspects. They see a video or a strat and they immediately try to diminish it. They immediately make it about themselves. The intention of video, as stated by the creator, was not show how awesome they are but to help the community. They didn't even post a super polished 7-min one-time-wonder Aminon kill.

I have watched the video countless times because we have recently moved to aminon hardmode. Thanks Velner and Positron for sharing it. It's been super helpful to many groups in Asura.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-04-18 12:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We did the fight a few times with only engaging to WS but after lag didn't disengage us a few time it became really stressful. That said some people in group still engage every run but I won't judge doesn't engage. I wish the fight wasn't poorly designed then maybe it wouldn't feel needed.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-18 12:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
I wish the fight wasn't poorly designed then maybe it wouldn't feel needed.

This is the kind of thing that makes me push back though. People say the Lamia ambu is "poorly designed" or that because of "lag" or animation lock, they "have to use JA0 or React" and SE forced them to do it.

Sorry guys, but SE isn't forcing you to do anything and there are perfectly reasonable ways to do all of this stuff without using programs to bypass the game's mechanics. If you choose to use programs to change the way the game works to make it easier for you, that's on you, not on SE.

See also:
I wish the devs didn't allow enemies to headshot in this game, so I wouldn't feel the need to use Gameshark to make myself immune to them.
I wish the devs didn't put poison in this game, so I wouldn't feel the need to use Gameshark to remove it.
I wish the devs didn't put pits in this game, so I wouldn't feel the need to use Gameshark to remove them.
I wish the devs didn't put exhaustion in this game, so I wouldn't feel the need to use Gameshark to remove it.
I wish the devs didn't require aiming in this game, so I wouldn't feel the need to use an aimbot.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-04-18 13:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
K123 said: »
Haven't watched the video, but how many groups are actually doing this legitimately and not using ws when disengaged?

At the 4:13 mark of their old video, they post the wait macro they use to do it legitimately. Whether you believe them or not is another story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oMXwrfy5pY&t=253s

Sir, we do almost every run live on Twitch. What's with this libel?

I meant K123 not me, I believe you!!!

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
Elvaans are untrustworthy even with video evidence. The people only blindly trust galkas, the best race in the game.

How do you know what race I am? o.0
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-04-18 13:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the videos being presented are incredibly helpful. If your group is attempting or would like to attempt HM Aminon, my guess is that the level of "cheating" in the videos is squarely on the acceptable side of the line. The fact is, even within a group you'll have different levels of comfort. Some players don't even us gearswap (shock and horror!) while others are comfortable with tako and/or anchor.

So here's group presenting a way to position and do the fight that can done by pretty much anybody. The buffs are shown, the weaponskills are shown, the damage is shown. I look at the fight and see how the initial pull goes, how the flow of the fight is. How much damage my role should be contributing to the fight and where we might be deficient.

Rather than spend a page or two nitpicking that one or two players might not be 100% vanilla, take it for the helpful resource it is. So yes, if you see a player just pull out their weapon from nowhere, it was definitely just lag. Must be those PS2 limitations.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-04-18 13:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I get your point but the lamia ambu battle is a bad example.
Quick timings don't go well with a network structure that pings like twice a second. For some players delays of 2-3 seconds are the default with frequent lag spikes that easily exceed 5+ seconds.

If it's a different experience for you congratulations, just be aware it's not like that for everybody.

Btw I don't use react, I just skip months with reaction based gimmicks.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-04-18 13:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
I wish the fight wasn't poorly designed then maybe it wouldn't feel needed.

This is the kind of thing that makes me push back though. People say the Lamia ambu is "poorly designed" or that because of "lag" or animation lock, they "have to use JA0 or React" and SE forced them to do it.

Sorry guys, but SE isn't forcing you to do anything and there are perfectly reasonable ways to do all of this stuff without using programs to bypass the game's mechanics. If you choose to use programs to change the way the game works to make it easier for you, that's on you, not on SE.

See also:
I wish the devs didn't allow enemies to headshot in this game, so I wouldn't feel the need to use Gameshark to make myself immune to them.
I wish the devs didn't put poison in this game, so I wouldn't feel the need to use Gameshark to remove it.
I wish the devs didn't put pits in this game, so I wouldn't feel the need to use Gameshark to remove them.
I wish the devs didn't put exhaustion in this game, so I wouldn't feel the need to use Gameshark to remove it.
I wish the devs didn't require aiming in this game, so I wouldn't feel the need to use an aimbot.
I'm just saying aminon's core design didn't seem intended to be done like how we do it. From their hints it was all about procing enough times to keep the seal. If the game didn't lose packets constantly in sortie we wouldn't have issues using a normal engage > ws > disengage macro.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-18 13:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

One attack round is not instant death. You can hit it everytime its not a big deal. But it means you have to wait and slow down.

The problem is efficiency, not ability. (It is ***design, your argument is just lazy)

The macro "needs" redundant disengage lines to be sure it disengages. (which as stated is broken, it should work everytime, always) The problem most of you have is youre *** around not paying attention and/or too busy boxing to notice you failed to disengage.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-04-18 13:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use windower, you are a cheater, like anybody else. Clintbeastwood has already solved this, scientifically, here.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-04-18 14:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm just saying aminon's core design didn't seem intended to be done like how we do it. From their hints it was all about procing enough times to keep the seal.

Yeah, just like V25 Bumba's intended mechanics revolved around consistently proccing him. And we all know how well that panned out.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-18 14:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »
If you use windower, you are a cheater, like anybody else. Clintbeastwood has already solved this, scientifically, here.

Oh no, I need to fix the picture!

Edit: Added your submission @Godfry
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-18 15:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dressup?

Nvm checked page 2 of that thread
[+]
By Dubaiii 2024-04-18 15:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How many of you got banned and bought new account or started new, and definatly blamed it on SE, because it was just a QOL addon(Tako), Windower base addons did not get ever anyone banned.
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-04-18 15:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that the weird definition of "legitimate" now? Ws while disengaged?

Never mind the curious case of no-knock-back-sies like you have some kind of anchor tied to your feet or something.

Better not WS while disengaged while using 200 other addons, no sir-ee, that's cheating.

Uh, I don't use anchor. I lock Dashing Subligar and Philidor Mantle. And I do still get knocked back randomly but it's rare.
Lol, again, we do this live on Twitch almost every night.

Like Posi said, though, I don't begrudge anybody that does whatever they feel comfortable with. But don't cast aspersions on *everybody*
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-04-18 15:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It does not work 100% of the time. There will be melee attacks. Don't con the rubes.

But every attack is free tp to drain.

The original macro I used in the video did fail to disengage somewhat regularly. I cautioned that it's best to have your cursor over 'Disengage' just in case.

However, once I changed the final line to
/attack off
it almost never fails. I can't remember the last time it failed to work.
By Shichishito 2024-04-18 15:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there are 3 pieces of knockback equipment, not sure if you don't need all 3 of them to negate knockback completely.

According to some people if a AoE knockback attack hits someone who isn't wearing the equipment you get knocked back regardless of how much knockback equipment you're wearing.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-18 16:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubaiii said: »
How many of you got banned and bought new account or started new, and definatly blamed it on SE, because it was just a QOL addon(Tako), Windower base addons did not get ever anyone banned.
Windower addons may get people banned if they're stupid enough to talk about it in game.

/l I fought Lilith and I got knocked around why isnt my anchor working??

But people like that deserve to get banned.

Also calling Tako a "QoL addon" is ridiculous. You should feel bad for calling it such.
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-04-18 16:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Our tank uses subligar and cape, seems to work pretty well.
[+]
By Dubaiii 2024-04-18 16:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Windower addons may get people banned if they're stupid enough to talk about it in game.

/l I fought Lilith and I got knocked around why isnt my anchor working??

But people like that deserve to get banned.

Also calling Tako a "QoL addon" is ridiculous. You should feel bad for calling it such.

Anchor is not included in Windower base addons, also I'm not calling it that, many cheater who got banned consider it as such.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-18 16:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

//sb report (when their default chatmote is s)
"someone help me with my gearswap"
"my ffxidb map is too small how do I fix it"
accidentally typing .//cancel sneak and it winds up in say
"use Distance addon to make sure youre 20' away so youre not in aoe range"
typoing pouches usage

literally anything

Just dont say sus things in game on FFXI server logs. It probably wont amount to anything if you do, but if the wrong person sees and reports it, you might get that LM-17 over it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-18 16:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
According to some people if a AoE knockback attack hits someone who isn't wearing the equipment you get knocked back regardless of how much knockback equipment you're wearing.

Completely untrue
By Seun 2024-04-18 16:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

'Base addons' doesn't mean anything. If SE hired a team to review and approve or deny player created addons, some of these 'base addons' wouldn't make the cut. That's exactly the reason why they have zero tolerance policy. That and our community struggles with discerning a difference between cheating and quality of life.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-18 16:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Certain knockback attacks, those implemented before 2014, take into account the knockback reduction (including pets) of all in range: all victims will be knocked back the highest amount.

Obviously sortie was added after 2014. The statement is still true.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-18 17:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Certain knockback attacks, those implemented before 2014, take into account the knockback reduction (including pets) of all in range: all victims will be knocked back the highest amount.

Obviously sortie was added after 2014. The statement is still true.

The context is very clearly Aminon, 2014 mobs have no relevance here
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-04-18 17:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
I think there are 3 pieces of knockback equipment, not sure if you don't need all 3 of them to negate knockback completely.

Definitely not the case. I don't wear any knockback reduction gear against Aminon and I get knocked back every time he does the ground smash move. Velner does wear the gear and only gets knocked back 1-2 times in a typical fight.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2024-04-18 17:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The knockback gear doesn't negate it completely. Its supposed to lower the amount of distance traveled per piece. BGwiki is saying -2 yalms per piece.

If your saying he doesn't get knocked back at all sometimes, that sounds more like a dodge/miss/meva check or whatever it is to me.

From my experience, knockback reduction gear is inconsistent at best and broken at worst.

I remember doing my own little testing on geo a long while back, if i had a ball out that got hit with knockback, my knockback gear didn't act normally. Grain of salt though, its been a while.
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2024-04-18 18:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zaps said: »
The knockback gear doesn't negate it completely. Its supposed to lower the amount of distance traveled per piece. BGwiki is saying -2 yalms per piece.

If your saying he doesn't get knocked back at all sometimes, that sounds more like a dodge/miss/meva check or whatever it is to me.

From my experience, knockback reduction gear is inconsistent at best and broken at worst.

I remember doing my own little testing on geo a long while back, if i had a ball out that got hit with knockback, my knockback gear didn't act normally. Grain of salt though, its been a while.

Martel's testing clearly shows that minor knockbacks can be completely nullified by knockback reduction gear, but the initial knockback values themselves are somewhat randomized and the effect varies by move.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-04-18 19:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Also calling Tako a "QoL addon" is ridiculous.
I can imagine saving as much time as you do running around with tako sure would be QoL improvement, but it definitely is cheating, too.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 67 68 69