Most memorable lot drop you ever won
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-12-16 13:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst (Kitty Pants): Rolled a 998 as first person of 14 to lot that pop. Last guy to roll got 999... He never spoke to the LS again after that night.

I remember jumping out of my seat when I saw 998, like *** yes I finally got them followed by probably the biggest XI sigh I ever had before or after.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-16 15:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Memorable drops were Joyeuse (had to keep track of its time-of-death for several days), Kirin Osode (our sky LS did not have any KCs that I recall, but we did do double-bard soul voice party hops prio to popping to zerg him down), and whatever Salvage Marduk drop off the chigo/widow spiders spawning from ramparts).
By Boshi 2017-12-16 16:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
I once snaked an Optical Hat from someone else's pop (and I didn't have one) in a pick-up group by faking AFK for a doorbell. I timed the 5 minutes perfectly to where I came back seconds before it was supposed to drop to someone else, lotted, won, and said I accidentally lotted and meant to pass.

I can't pick which "Nobody likes you" meme to post here.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-12-16 18:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

got a wind crystal once...
[+]
 Valefor.Ipkus
Server: Valefor
user: ipkuz
By Valefor.Ipkus 2017-12-16 19:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Khimarai had been out for a couple months (2007 I think?) and an HNMLS named Apathy had the king on lock down. No one wanted to camp it since it was always a ***show trying to get a group to the spawn area safely and it had a 48 to 72 hours pop window. I was a PLD main and I really wanted the sword (Hauteclaire). I created a level 1 mule and ran him all the way to the pop zone. I grabbed the TOD when Apathy killed Khim and kept track of the next few spawns. One day I logged into the lonely level 1 taru mule and and Khim was up. I start shouting in ls chat and eventually gathered a holding party, guided everyone there, and claimed. More people showed up and we barely managed to kill him amid taunting from rival linkshells and eating Fulminations. The sword did drop but I did not have enough points to lot it. We used a "DKP" system when it came to looting and there were 3 PLD's with more points than me. Without even asking they all passed the sword so I could lot it. I was ecstatic. Then I afk'd in Whitegate to show it off (the real endgame).
[+]
By Justuas 2017-12-16 20:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Worst (Kitty Pants): Rolled a 998 as first person of 14 to lot that pop. Last guy to roll got 999... He never spoke to the LS again after that night.

I remember jumping out of my seat when I saw 998, like *** yes I finally got them followed by probably the biggest XI sigh I ever had before or after.
What are the odds
By Boshi 2017-12-16 20:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

1/9
Justuas said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »

What are the odds

1/998

<.<