Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 98 99 100
By Ramyrez 2017-10-19 14:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
1, BIG woman, about size 24 1/2 long. Works out hard. Her dad, a HS football coach, says watching her work out makes him tired. Can't loose a pound. Good muscle tone though.

Eats too much for her TDEE.

2, Lounge around beer drinking guy. His wife lives a similar inactive lifestyle but without the beer. She's pretty round, he has six pack abs.

Eats below his TDEE. Wife eats above.

Women need fewer calories. Any woman keeping up with a guy beer-for-beer or burger-for-burger is in all likelihood going to put on pounds.

Liquid calories count. "Light, airy" sugars are still packed with calories.

It is very, very easy to think you're eating far less than you are.
By Blazed1979 2017-10-19 14:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
carbohydrates
I didn't say anything that contradicts what either you or Ramyrez said about type 1 and type 2 diabetes. They are both about insulin.

You can be Hypoglycemic and not type 1.

Ramyrez presented a very false stereotype that everything can be explained by calorie intake vs calorie expenditure.
That is an oversimplified statement closer to being false than true. It is outdated.

The real reason is insulin and how effective your body is at regulating it.

Type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, comes about, as you said, through years and years of bad eating habits. That does not mean an overconsumption of calories. It is, (and the medical world agrees now) due to processed foods that have too much carbs/sugars in them. A calorie of fat is not equal to a calorie of carbs/sugars is not equal to a calorie of protein is not equal to a calorie of alcohol in fat management.

Living on a 2000 calorie a day diet that is 70% fat is not the same as living on a 2000 calorie a day 70% carb diet.

While they both are equal in calories, they are not equal in the effects on the human body.

The Glycemic effects of carbs on blood sugar cause a spike in insulin. The higher the glycemic effect, the more insulin will be produced. Carbs are quickly accessible as a fuel source.

Not the same effect as fats.

The correct statement would have been a diet heavy in carbs and sugars without the adequate amount and right type of exercise will result in the accumulation of fat (by insulin) due to the metabolic pathways associated with carbs consumption (there are exceptions of course- genetics, medical conditions). Either burn the carbs through prolonged cardio to deplete/eliminate the glucose from your body, that is either in the state of blood glucos or in the form of stored glycogen, or invest that energy in enhanced muscle performance (lifting weights) that results in a long term greater calorie requirement due to increased muscle mass/lean tissue, providing you have an adequate amount of protein.

To summarise - eating carbs and being inactive will make you fat.
Being in a state of ketosis will put you in a state that favors burning fat (either your own reserves or the fats you consume). Y

Not even getting into "not all carbs are created equal", the role of fibre, adrenal fatigue, or the role of estrogen, testosterone, slow twitch and fast twitch muscle, Vitamin D, cortisol and their effects on fat and body composition.

Way too nuanced to say "calories in vs calories out".
By Ramyrez 2017-10-19 14:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The good old days:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Joey-Joe-Joe! Come back!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-19 14:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

an't loose a pound. Good muscle tone though.

It's not weight, it's body fat mass. Having over 25% of your body mass as fat is not healthy to a homo sapien, having over 35% of your body mass as fat is disastrous.

2, Lounge around beer drinking guy. His wife lives a similar inactive lifestyle but without the beer. She's pretty round, he has six pack abs.

If he has a six pack then he's an active person who watch's his weight. The abdominal muscles aren't visible unless the person is under 15% fat body mass, and not really visible until their under 12%. Working the obliques just cause's them to puff up and doesn't give them that definition people look for. Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym. You can see this by comparing power lifters and body builders.

Of course your probably just lying or distorting the facts. Fat doesn't appear out of an interdenominational space-time rift, the glucose must come from somewhere and all creatures on this planet only store what they don't immediately use.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-19 14:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping for A tale of two titties

The sequel to the dickens classic !

Z’plot thickens
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-19 15:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
also has big woman ever had her thyroid tested

Trick question. Of course she has. Every fat woman has a bad thyroid that won't let her lose weight. It's a feminist thing. Fat is misogynistic.

We'll ignore that my wife dropped nearly 2/3 of her body weight while on synthroid the entire time.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-19 15:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Way too nuanced to say "calories in vs calories out".

No. it isn't.

You will lose weight with kcal in < kcal out.

Period.

If you're 5' 3" and eating 2000 kcal a day of anything and you're sedentary, you're going to put weight on.
By Zerowone 2017-10-19 15:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phentermine and Vitamin B shots say hi.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-19 15:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Next time, on Random Politics & Diet #28:

Will Trump ever stop eating those liberal steaks? Will the media stop eating that crow? Whose milkshake really does bring the boys to the yard, Pelosi or Warren?

Will the vegans take down the carnivores in the next general election? Only time will tell.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-19 15:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed, look. You're subscribing to endless amounts of fatlogic right now.

You are not discussing weight loss/gain, you're discussing nutrition. Your micros and activity will come into play.

But literal pound-for-pound weight loss absolute is as easy as kcal out > in.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-10-19 15:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

By Ramyrez 2017-10-19 15:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course your probably just lying or distorting the facts. Fat doesn't appear out of an interdenominational space-time rift, the glucose must come from somewhere and all creatures on this planet only store what they don't immediately use.

In fairness there's so much god damn misinformation about this out there spread like it's truth to assuage people of their "guilt" for being fat and to sell them weight loss miracles and it all sounds so god damn smart that it's really hard to combat.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-19 15:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shitty youtube videos don't prove points. We've established that time and time again.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-19 15:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Shitty youtube videos don't prove points.
Just ask *redacted*

We've established that time and time again.

....and *redacted*
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-10-19 15:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You will lose weight with kcal in < kcal out.
Watch the video i posted at minute 4:10.
By Zerowone 2017-10-19 15:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fatlogic
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-10-19 15:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shitty youtube videos don't prove points. We've established that time and time again.
That's Dr Eric Berg....***if you don't know who he is then there's no point in continuing this.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-19 15:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
How are those football ratings going? Tired of losing yet?

It not a good idea to take away places of common ground. sports, alcohol, food, love, and freedom should be places that stay away from politics. hell, all of us have ff11 in common, at the least, but to stay on this website as long as we have, for a game well past it's prime to *** with each other, is indicative of the fact that we've all got issues.

It's just funny.

Almost as if this division is purposely planned.....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-19 15:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Almost as if this division is purposely planned.....
Kojo planned it all along.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-19 15:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
fatlogic

It's missing the "my condishuns!" excuses.

Look. Be fat. I don't care. I won't judge. I know lots of cool fat people. I was fat for a long time. I'm still slightly overweight.

But don't *** me and, more importantly, don't *** yourself. Losing weight is difficult and a lot of work. It's cliché, but it is complete lifestyle change. And if you're not in a place where you can do that right now, I get it.

But is absolutely *** simple. Not easy st all. But dead *** simple.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-19 15:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

He couldn't plan his way out of an Oklahoman trailer house.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-19 15:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

. You can see this by comparing power lifters and body builders.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-19 15:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez presented a very false stereotype that everything can be explained by calorie intake vs calorie expenditure.
That is an oversimplified statement closer to being false than true. It is outdated.

It's 99.99% accurate, especially when applied to every day people.

The body converts unused fuel sources into glycerol for storage. That's unused fuel of all types, including lipds and proteins. The actual funny thing is lipids and protein are converted into glycogen through various metabolic process's and afterwards is treated the exact same. Someone sitting on their *** all day with a low caloric burn rate who is over eating a protein based diet will still have the same health problems as someone eating a lipid or carbohydrate based diet. Ultimately it's all the same to our bodies.

Now we can discuss caloric density, in which case lipids and carbohydrates easily are the most dense. It's really hard to over consume lipids without first over consuming carbohydrates, try eating a stick of butter or drinking some oil without first mixing it with something else. Protein is similarly hard to over-consume because of how much you would need to eat. Plus it's more energy intensive to convert protein into glycogen so your body only wants to do that if there is no glucose present.

Stop making excuses for unhealthy overweight people to continue being unhealthy and overweight. It's just enabling them to continue their unhealthy addiction to that dopamine hit we get from overeating. People don't need these perfectly Hollywood generated bodies, but they do need to be under 25% body fat. Ideally men should be in the 15~17% range and women around 20% to really have the health benefits.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-19 15:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
He couldn't plan his way out of an Oklahoman trailer house.
That's what he wants you to think.

In reality, he is as devilish and cunning as Nik is.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-10-19 15:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Look. Be fat. I don't care.

[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-10-19 15:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Look. Be fat. I don't care. I won't judge. I know lots of cool fat people. I was fat for a long time. I'm still slightly overweight.

But don't *** me and, more importantly, don't *** yourself. Losing weight is difficult and a lot of work. It's cliché, but it is complete lifestyle change. And if you're not in a place where you can do that right now, I get it.

But is absolutely *** simple. Not easy st all. But dead *** simple

Define fat - I'm 6'2 and at 240 pounds at 28% body fat. Working out 3 times a week, in ketosis, down 80 pounds since last aug, From 49% body fat and 320 pounds

How did I get here? Not by monitoring "calories", but through ketosis up until July where I weighed 205 pounds and 20% body fat

But I was week, yet very fit, and didn't like the slight loose skin around my chest. But pure ketosis got me down that far with minimal activity. I never did more than 20 minutes of brisk walking a day. And it wasn't to burn calories, it was to regulate cortisol and destress.

Now, as I'm trying to put on another 10 lbs of muscle on my upper body, I carb load 30 minutes before a work out (30 grams + creatine) but swing back into ketosis (0.9-1.2) within 2 hours of my work out. while I have had a ever so slightly dirty bulk, its a lot cleaner than the idiots consuming 3500 calories of pure carbs a day. I'll spend 8 weeks maximum cutting from 250 to 200 lbs when I'm done by Jan 2018.

Its hormone management, not calorie.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-19 15:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy lifts.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-19 15:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In fairness there's so much god damn misinformation about this out there spread like it's truth to assuage people of their "guilt" for being fat and to sell them weight loss miracles and it all sounds so god damn smart that it's really hard to combat.

But is absolutely *** simple. Not easy st all. But dead *** simple.

This ***is so *** true. All this "we don't want to make them feel bad" *** will never help anyone. You don't tell meth addicts "it's ok, it's not your fault, your perfect just the way you are, it's just how you were born, it's in your genes, don't let those non-meth addicts meth-shame you into quiting".

The general assumptions are
Code
One pound equals 454 grams.
Pure fat contains 8.7–9.5 calories per gram.
Body fat tissue is 87% fat.

Now the last part is where genetics can come in, some people store fat with less water (therefor it's denser), others store fat with more water (therefor it's less dense). This is why measuring it as a body fat percentage is far more useful then strictly weight. But going with general purpose 3500 calories per pound, a person would need to burn 3500 more calories then they ate in order to lose one "pound of fat". So it's definitely an simple energy in vs energy out mechanic. Of course saying that doesn't sell billions of USD worth of treatments, medications, and products, nor does it encourage people to vote for you, thus it's something that gets ignored and often actively suppressed.

Now for building muscle mass, toning, flexibility and general health, that's a different story entirely. A morbidly obese person could be forced to lose weight by sticking them in a cell and feeding them bread and water every day for a couple of years. They would, without a doubt, leave that cell with a far lower body fat percentage. They would also not be very healthy and thus this method of weight loss isn't particularly useful.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-19 15:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-19 15:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Define fat - I'm 6'2 and at 240 pounds at 28% body fat

Your fat, period.

Its hormone management, not calorie.

No it's caloric management, you admitted as much.

Not by monitoring "calories", but through ketosis up until July where I weighed 205 pounds and 20% body fat

You've cut out carbs and most lipids and forced your body to use protein as it's energy source. The process of converting protein into glycogen is very energy inefficient but since your body doesn't have anything else it is forced to use it.

And if your forcing ketosis but not lifting your doing it wrong. Lifting big ***gives your body an outlet to use that excess protein which further amplifies the effect and you'll drop even more fat while also putting on muscle mass.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 98 99 100