Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-08-10 03:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15714/detail.html
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/morbol/index.html

A limited-time event, the Green Festival, will be coming to Lower Jeuno! Several stalls will be available for the duration of the event, but some are more...pungent than others.

Event Period
Thursday, August 10, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, August 24 at 7:59 a.m.

Morbol Cafe
Vendors:

Festering Wound

Sulfur 1147 G
Popoto 72 G
Rye Flour 60 G
Eggplant 66 G
Rolanberry 180 G
Gyshal Greens 102 G
Ginger 232 G
Olive Oil 24 G
Wijnruit 180 G
Derfland Pear 210 G
Olive Flower 2700 G
Moval. Water 1200 G
Copper Ore 18 G
Danceshroom 6720 G
Coral Fungus 1132 G
Kopparnickel Ore 1200 G
Thundermelon 487 G
Cactuar Needle 1395 G
Watermelon 300G

Raneutimiore

San d'Or. Carrot 48 G
San d'Or. Grape 114 G
Chestnut 180 G
San d'Or. Flour 90 G
Arrowwood Log 30 G
Crying Mustard 42 G
Blue Peas 42 G
Ash Log 144 G
G. Sheep Meat 72 G
Dried Marjoram 72 G
San d'Or. Flour 90 G
Rye Flour 60 G
Semolina 3000 G
Selbina Butter 90 G
La Theine Cbg. 36 G
Selbina Milk 90 G
Maple Log 90 G
Faerie Apple 66 G
Beaugreens 150 G
Sage 277 G
Frost Turnip 48 G

Fhara Mashuhba

Rarab Tail 36 G
Lauan Log 54 G
Popoto 72 G
Saruta Orange 48 G
Win. Tea Leaves 30 G
Mhaura Garlic 120 G
Yagudo Cherry 66 G
Dhalmel Meat 360 G
Buburimu Grape 300 G
Casablanca 2700 G
Horo Flour 60 G
Millioncorn 72 G
Roasted Corn 186 G
Yagudo Feather 60 G
Sunflower Seeds 150 G
Bay Leaves 195 G
Holy Water 4350 G

Flasco-Rasco

Magic Pot Shard 6720 G
Apple Mint 474 G
Ground Wasabi 3892 G
Lufaise Fly 162 G
Misx. Parsley 474 G
Habaneros 1500 G
Rock Salt 24 G
Fish Scales 144 G
Chamomile 195 G
Sweet William 2700 G
Kazham Peppers 90 G
Kazham Pineapl. 90 G
Mithran Tomato 60 G
Black Pepper 382 G
Ogre Pumpkin 144 G
Kukuru Beans 180 G
Phalaenopsis 2700 G
Panamas 120 G
Cinnamon 390 G
Rattan Lumber 240 G
Cattleya 2700 G

Cafe Maid

Morbol Latte 750 G (various malboro costume)
Fetid Curry 850 G (inflicts 30s gravity when eaten)
Rancid Coffee 600 G (3 min food effect)
Morbol Shield 9310 G
Morbol Cap 9310 G

Manually typed it so might be some mistakes.
[+]
By Felgarr 2017-08-10 04:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

But why?
[+]
By Justuas 2017-08-10 04:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
But why?
Why not.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-10 07:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like we choked on the Marbol vomit that was the August downdate, now so can our toons enjoy the taste of a Rancid Coffee.

Art imitates life imitates art.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-10 09:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone discovered the point of this?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-10 09:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
That they were being literal when they were referring to how much this event stinks?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-10 09:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

it's full of items that are tied to regional vendors, probably will end up permanent or bimonthly to help cooks keep stock of those rare and annoying mats

at least on leviathan, half of the zones are beastman controlled every week
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-10 09:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
it's full of items that are tied to regional vendors, probably will end up permanent or bimonthly to help cooks keep stock of those rare and annoying mats

at least on leviathan, half of the zones are beastman controlled every week
I see.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-10 09:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
That they were being literal when they were referring to how much this event stinks?
Lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-10 09:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an anniversary Records of Eminence quest that involves digesting Sandy Grapes. Easy way to get it done.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-08-10 09:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a spoof video they made just for this event, a lot of effort i would not have expected.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-08-10 09:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the jp website they made for this event http://www.morbolcafe.finalfantasyxi.jp/
By Jadey 2017-08-10 10:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Here is a spoof video they made just for this event, a lot of effort i would not have expected.

They even gave it full English subtitles!
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-08-10 10:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so *** excited. I can't wait.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-10 10:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the jp website they made for this event http://www.morbolcafe.finalfantasyxi.jp/
I have no words....the insanity :0
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-10 10:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

...they can subtitle that, but not half of their announcements that are actually game related?
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-08-10 10:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Google Translate of the Q&A

Q. How do I touch Morbol?
A. As you get closer you will tangle the tentacles to your body so please gently stroke them. It is a sign that I am pleased if I send mucus from my mouth.

Q. What does Morbol eat? May I give you some meal?
A. I primarily eat animals and people, but Morbol in the cafe is eating rice at a fixed time. Please refrain from feeding by customers.

Q. What should I be aware of?
A. It is vulnerable to attack by fire attribute, so it is strictly prohibited. If you have a breath, immediately treat the mage nearby and treat it with Esna. Also, please do not defeat Morbol in the cafe to gain experience value.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-10 11:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oscar Scarf equipped before you stroke the Morbol's appendages. Reikyo Hairpin so you look like a diva doing it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-10 12:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Q. How do I touch Morbol?
A. As you get closer you will tangle the tentacles to your body so please gently stroke them. It is a sign that I am pleased if I send mucus from my mouth.
oh my lordy lord
They do stuff like that but completely shut down my request to take the rare tag off of furnishings so I can fill my mog house with Yovra statues and Mithra mannequins
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-08-10 12:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in the AMA or maybe some forum post since they said something about the Yovra furnishing actually put a strain on the server somehow if there were too many in the Mog House.. why that would be Altana only knows.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-10 12:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in the AMA or maybe some forum post since they said something about the Yovra furnishing actually put a strain on the server somehow if there were too many in the Mog House.. why that would be Altana only knows.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49697-SE-please-remove-Ra-tag-from-furniture-cosmetic-gear?p=570970&viewfull=1#post570970

That said I don't buy it given how you can say have as many cherry trees as you want. Or how basically anything in your mog house can even compare to the stress of any large battle lol.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-10 12:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no reason the server should have any stress from any amount of any furnishing. They should just be telling the client the model id and location, client does all the heavy lifting. At absolute most, an additional 4 byte synchronization value so any animations are the same across anyone in zone.

Either blatant lying or the most backwards implementation I've ever heard of.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-10 12:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/49697-SE-please-remove-Ra-tag-from-furniture-cosmetic-gear?p=570970&viewfull=1#post570970

That said I don't buy it given how you can say have as many cherry trees as you want. Or how basically anything in your mog house can even compare to the stress of any large battle lol.

I love the last comment in this thread, which details possibly the most server-strained instance in the game (which doesn't crash the servers; I've never once been kicked out of game for this extreme case, and I'm on Asura). They just pulled that answer out of their a$$
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-10 12:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how much they get into this, the video explains it all .. they REALLY love marlboros. Anyone know what stats the rancid coffee gives? I know the curry slows you down with gravity, and latte changes you into a marlboro (either baby, fully grown, or aht urhgan style fully grown) costume. Anything else from this event aside from looking at the cutest Cassie around?
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-08-10 12:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I love how much they get into this, the video explains it all .. they REALLY love marlboros. Anyone know what stats the rancid coffee gives? I know the curry slows you down with gravity, and latte changes you into a marlboro (either baby, fully grown, or aht urhgan style fully grown) costume. Anything else from this event aside from looking at the cutest Cassie around?

Didn't see any stat differece from equip screen or /checkparam with the coffee, I'm curious myself what it does. I was thinking maybe it might give you some kind of resistance to morbol breaths?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-10 12:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Seems like it's hinted at in the vids bg dev tracker thread has it as Double Attack +1 Beast Killer +3
By Blazed1979 2017-08-10 12:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was a kid growing up in the 80's in L.A, I used to hate it when my grandparents would come and spend the weekends with us. It meant that the one TV in the house was now going to be dedicated to channels that showed the most boring content. Stuff that was plagued with "for a limited time only, buy Neil Diamond's greatest hits/Timeless love songs/best of the 60's." I missed so many episodes of Voltron, Robotech, Transformers, G.I Joe, Thundercats, the A-team because my grandparents were watching fishing shows..

That's how sad this FFXI advert makes me feel. Only its worse, because I'm suddenly realizing I'm the grandparent that has shitty content like this marketed to..

oh wait, there's a tentacle rape scene...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-10 12:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It feels like some people just want to complain about everything. The regional stuff is a constant problem, not even a month ago people were posting about conquering tavnazia because their progress on cooking shield was blocked by it ( http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51177/bismarck-take-over-tavnazia-region-for-parsley#3276983 )

lo and behold, the item causing that roadblock is readily available on all servers during this event, among other items that may be problematic for shield or guild points

it's not an amazing event, but it's an extra event that solves an annoying problem for a handful of players and they probably spent less than an hour in combined effort to set it up.. relax
[+]
First Page 2