Let's Go! Vana'diel Day [May - Spawn Killing/Head Shotting Moogles]

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Let's Go! Vana'diel Day [May - Spawn Killing/Head Shotting Moogles]
Let's Go! Vana'diel Day [May - Spawn Killing/Head Shotting Moogles]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 17

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-15 16:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

LennartHK said: »
Got a friend's mule character every single Voidwatch NM, key item and mission done yesterday and holy crap what a nostalgia trip lol

from killing everything once with capped lights:
43 crystal prefects
250 ores
50 goldsmithing gemstones
1000 logs
5 gear or weapon drops

sounds about the same consistency, lol.
Good work!
By clearlyamule 2017-06-15 16:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Suminagashi said: »
I feel like SE could have handled this a lot better. There was barely any advanced notice (think maybe it was a day or two prior at most), absolutely no info about what campaigns would be in effect, and it flat-out lies about the date in the description for anyone who isn't living in Asia. Yeah, it clarifies it at the end, but I ignored that because I trusted the main portion to be correct.

I didn't know things like increased capacity points and Domain Invasion spam were only going to be for one day, and wasn't even aware of them in the first place for a good while. Then I thought, "Oh hey, whatever that thing they're doing on the 15th, they'll probably give more info about it when that comes. But since today is the 14th..." Nope.

Well at least now I know to be on the lookout for random, undisclosed campaigns going on during the 14th of every
month.

This is why people need free education.
Willing to bet this person got free dayca... education. Need quality.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-15 16:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
I feel like SE could have handled this a lot better. There was barely any advanced notice (think maybe it was a day or two prior at most), absolutely no info about what campaigns would be in effect, and it flat-out lies about the date in the description for anyone who isn't living in Asia. Yeah, it clarifies it at the end, but I ignored that because I trusted the main portion to be correct.

I didn't know things like increased capacity points and Domain Invasion spam were only going to be for one day, and wasn't even aware of them in the first place for a good while. Then I thought, "Oh hey, whatever that thing they're doing on the 15th, they'll probably give more info about it when that comes. But since today is the 14th..." Nope.

Well at least now I know to be on the lookout for random, undisclosed campaigns going on during the 14th of every
month.

This is why people need free education.
Willing to bet this person got free dayca... education. Need quality.

Lol
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-06-15 21:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a friend's mule character every single Voidwatch NM, key item and mission done yesterday and holy crap what a nostalgia trip lol

43 crystal prefects
250 ores
1000 logs
5 gear or weapon drops

We didn't call it LogWatch for nothin'!
By Suminagashi 2017-06-15 21:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that's right, try to discredit my post with unrelated conjecture. I don't see how a well-written few paragraphs translates to being uneducated, but my point still stands that there was a distinct lack of information on SE's part about this new monthly event. Forcing players to discover which campaigns are involved might work for, say, a month-long thing. But when it's only for a single day, that doesn't leave much time for players to make use of it, assuming they don't already have a full schedule that day.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-15 21:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with you that the release of this new event was shitty, but there's no point in bitching about it, is there?

For one, you should know that this is a Japanese MMO. For another, you should know that the timing of this event coincides with Japanese midnight, so it would be safe to assume that, while it says the 15th, those of us in the Western Hemisphere would experience it most on the 14th.

Just be glad that they gave us an event like this. It shows that SE hasn't given up on this game at least.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-06-15 21:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing was though only a little of it was on point. The part about them not telling us anything sure it's been brought up a few times.

But that gets greatly overshadowed by how many times you harp about it being the "wrong" date. Which shows either a complete lack of understanding on how time zones work or a complete lack of understanding of what time zone a Japanese company would use for the main header
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-15 22:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »

43 crystal prefects
250 ores
1000 logs
5 gear or weapon drops

We didn't call it LogWatch for nothin'!
Omg logwatch I remeber :(
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-15 22:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Thing was though only a little of it was on point. The part about them not telling us anything sure it's been brought up a few times.

But that gets greatly overshadowed by how many times you harp about it being the "wrong" date. Which shows either a complete lack of understanding on how time zones work or a complete lack of understanding of what time zone a Japanese company would use for the main header
The main point and fact. Clearlyamule wins the post of the day :).
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-15 22:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't think anyone is going to disagree with you that the release of this new event was shitty, but there's no point in bitching about it, is there?

For one, you should know that this is a Japanese MMO. For another, you should know that the timing of this event coincides with Japanese midnight, so it would be safe to assume that, while it says the 15th, those of us in the Western Hemisphere would experience it most on the 14th.

Just be glad that they gave us an event like this. It shows that SE hasn't given up on this game at least.
That is a good point.
By fillerbunny9 2017-06-15 22:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it clarifies it at the end, but I ignored that because I trusted the main portion to be correct.

the entire post is stupid small, you glazed over the font in red which says what the time is, you admit that you just ignored it, but still you're bitching when everyone's stance is basically 'lol reading comprehension' and 'you've no one to blame but yourself.' just give it a rest, you're only digging that hole you're in deeper.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-06-16 03:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-06-16 06:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Yeah, it clarifies it at the end, but I ignored that because I trusted the main portion to be correct.

the entire post is stupid small, you glazed over the font in red which says what the time is, you admit that you just ignored it, but still you're bitching when everyone's stance is basically 'lol reading comprehension' and 'you've no one to blame but yourself.' just give it a rest, you're only digging that hole you're in deeper.
And two points for bunnny!
By Suminagashi 2017-06-16 11:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So I wrote a wall of text to explain the whole thing from my position, then it occurred to me that no one cares what my reasons are. I'll go ahead and leave it in spoilers for anyone with the patience to berate me some more, but I mostly just wanted to get it off my chest before departing from this thread for good. There are some things I will pull from it and say here, though. Thank you for your words Kingnobody. Not reading the entire news post is my own fault, and I fully admit that, even if I had my reasons. To everyone else, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you have friendlier dispositions more often than shown here. Try to have a good day, yeah?

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-14 08:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So, it's that time again™

It's FFXI's "time of the month" where everything flows freely for one day.

So, what is it going to be this time? Another "let's do everything for one day, and laugh at those who can't do it all" day?
[+]
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2017-07-14 08:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping for domain invasion because I'm a scrub and can't get that gear the real way haha. So I'll take a break from voidwatch for a day to go do that lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-14 09:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing it's going to be the same "unlock every campaign" button turned on, for 24 hours. Just a guess though. They could kind of do something cool like allow free Omen visits for 24 hours! That'd be cool.

I have 40 Sp Goblin Key's I'm waiting to unload
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2017-07-14 09:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They change or add new stuff that you can get with the Gobbiedial key sometimes?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-14 09:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Last month it was all of the active campaigns at once, which included the special dial campaign, which gives better results of spoils. I happened to get a few Su3 pieces last month. I'm hoping for the same, or better (Dagon Breastplate)
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-07-14 09:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously irrelevant this month, but if they do opt to go with all campaigns open for 24 hours each month, gonna have to save canteens for the 14th every time... loving the extra cards.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-14 09:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Obviously irrelevant this month, but if they do opt to go with all campaigns open for 24 hours each month, gonna have to save canteens for the 14th every time... loving the extra cards.

I had considered if they would accidentally turn on the Omen card campaign today, for an enhanced effect. So instead of double cards, triple. Not likely, but praying SE spills the coffee on the equipment.
By Felgarr 2017-07-14 09:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Doe the campaign have an exact start/end time?
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-07-14 09:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, starts on the 15th every month (JP time) and ends when the clock strikes midnight. If you were a US east coast player the time would be 11am on the 14th to 11am on the 15th. As of this post it will begin in about 15 minutes.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-14 10:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is camped around Oseem. When the campaign timer hit, checked NPC.

No techniques.

Sadfacing already.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-07-14 10:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Google Translate:

Keywords for July 15

Monsters around the Three Kingdoms really serious!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11/detail/15671/detail.html

いこう!ヴァナ・ディールの日 (2017/07/15)

15周年を記念して、毎月15日を“いこう!ヴァナ・ディールの日”としました!
この日は1日、ヴァナ・ディールにちょっとした変化が起きます。
キーワードを頼りに変化を探して、いつもと少し違う特別な日をお楽しみください!

7月15日のキーワード

三国周辺のモンスターが本気を出した!

開催期間

7月15日(土)0:00頃~23:59頃
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-14 10:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A better translation would be, Monsters around the Three Kingdoms have gotten serious.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-14 10:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Swiss cheese translation:

lets go! Vana Deal 's Day (July 15, 2017)

To celebrate the 15th anniversary, I made 15th of every month "Vacation! Vana Deal 's Day"!
On this day, a little change will occur in Vana Deal.
Please look for changes by keyword and enjoy a special day a little different from usual!

Keywords for July 15

Monsters around the Three Kingdoms really served!

Duration

Saturday, July 15 (around 0:00 to 23:59)
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-07-14 10:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So any1 knows what the campaign is?? maybe the escha dragons??
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-14 10:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Three Kingdoms implies Bastok, Sandy, Windy I would presume. Checking now to see if they released Vinipata to Gustaberg.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 17