Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 61 62 63
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-18 10:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Why not just have Smn in the mix over 1 of the DD choices and Mew its Tp away?

That doesn't work with melee's, only on long slow fights where there isn't any melee's or they only WS every 30~60 seconds like HELM T4's.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-18 11:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
It's important to fight Glassy Thinker with your lock-on off so you can instantly turn when you see a TP move. Melees that swing fast (BLU, NIN, THF etc) might be very bad jobs to use on it whereas jobs with higher weapon delay (WAR, DRK, DRG etc) might be better choices. Jobs that can control when they get TP like COR and RNG might also be very good jobs for this.

Here is a strategy I'm going to try next time our group encounters it.

RUN/WHM/GEO/COR/DRK/WAR
Absolutely no Haste.
Tactician's Roll & Samurai Roll.
Absorb-TP from the DRK whenever it is up.
DRK pops Soul Enslavement at 25%, saps all it's TP for 30s while everyone unloads onto it.

Why not just have Smn in the mix over 1 of the DD choices and Mew its Tp away?

It has TP regain below 50% and higher below 25%. It seemed almost rhythmic how frequently is was using TP even when I wasn't hitting it. Mewing wouldn't do much, if anything, imo.

I think next time I'm just going to ignore the mechanic and ride Migawari while the rest of my group magic bursts off Shun -> Shun. When it does Pain Sync I'll just turn around until Migawari is back up.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2016-12-18 12:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Knobkierrie out of 2nd chest after killing Kin and getting treasure floor after exiting.

I don't know if I'm really happy we got this drop or really depressed that we got this drop instead of possible body/QA ring?
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-18 12:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The mob list in this zone has three groups of chests going from 1 to 16 each. I figure Glassy NM drops are the only possibility there.

edit: did you fight the Thinker in that run?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-18 13:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

We've gotten Ammurapi shield from a chest, so that's definitely not true. It was also not a Kei run.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-12-18 14:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For Kei, what kinda damage are you guys seeing on the MB? Languor/Focus?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-18 14:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That just makes those gil chests all the more painful.

Noticed between myself and another group that the 30k WS objective does not count killshots. If you use a multi-hit WS, it'll count every hit EXCEPT the one that kills it. Sweetwater enemies don't have that much HP, so you'll need to do this on a Transcended.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-12-18 14:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Got knobkerrie from glassy thinker also
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-18 14:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Noticed between myself and another group that the 30k WS objective does not count killshots. If you use a multi-hit WS, it'll count every hit EXCEPT the one that kills it. Sweetwater enemies don't have that much HP, so you'll need to do this on a Transcended.
Not sure if it's slightly different for physical damage, but for magical damage it seems to count only the remaining HP of the mob if you overkill it. For an objective where we had to do a 15k unbursted nuke, I did a 17k one but it only counted 10k of it. I'd have to ask our THF if they ever tried to do an SA WS on a fodder for the 30k WS objective and if it counted or not.
Code
19:30:373: Reduce your foe's HP by at least 15000 using a single magic attack without performing a magic burst.
19:31:36Stani starts casting Thunder V on the Sweetwater Fly.
19:31:36Records of Eminence: Vanquish Multiple Enemies I.
19:31:36Progress: 107/200.
19:31:36Records of Eminence: Vanquish Vermin.
19:31:36Progress: 1/20.
19:31:36There are 271 omens from your foes!
19:31:363: You have reduced your foe's HP by 9888 using a single magic attack without performing a magic burst.
19:31:36Stani casts Thunder V.The Sweetwater Fly takes 17598 points of damage.
19:31:37Carry out your charge before time runs out.You have 30 seconds remaining.
19:31:37Neimii starts casting Curaga IV on Llewelyn.
19:31:38Stani defeats the Sweetwater Fly.
By Bahadir 2016-12-18 15:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Did any1 test if Glassy Gorger copies Souleater :o? I found killing him is very slow. He has a lot of HP. Would be funny if could copy souleater and actually kill himself
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-12-18 15:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
Did any1 test if Glassy Gorger copies Souleater :o? I found killing him is very slow. He has a lot of HP. Would be funny if could copy souleater and actually kill himself
I wouldn't recommend that, might one shot you with that much hp
By Bahadir 2016-12-18 15:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just zombie it. Have a NIn as back up and a tank that will die a couple of times. but would be funny ^^
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-18 16:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Not sure if it's slightly different for physical damage, but for magical damage it seems to count only the remaining HP of the mob if you overkill it. For an objective where we had to do a 15k unbursted nuke, I did a 17k one but it only counted 10k of it. I'd have to ask our THF if they ever tried to do an SA WS on a fodder for the 30k WS objective and if it counted or not.

Oh, that actually makes more sense and lines up better with my numbers than just multi-hits. The other group had a RNG do Trueflight for 50k but they didn't say how much was registered and I doubt they remember.

Also haven't verified if total damage from AoE counts or if it just uses the first hit, strongest hit, etc.
Code
01:17:17  Braden readies Stardiver.
01:17:17  4: You have reduced your foe's HP by 28788 using a single weapon skill.
01:17:21  Braden uses Stardiver.The Transcended Bats take 33473 points of damage.
01:17:22  Braden defeats the Transcended Bats.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-12-18 20:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Niqmaddu Ring from Treasure Room after Mini-boss floor.

Had a "Free Floor":

And Fu dropped the Shulmanu collar:
[+]
By Lexouritis 2016-12-18 22:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Snaps you're right Craver is laughable with DD setup, still a PITA with nuke setup though
By Lexouritis 2016-12-18 22:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also THERE ARE 6 caturaes, Jps supposedly confirmed this if u clear all 5~

edit.......................er just disregard this until we find out the rumor is true, maybe my friend was high >.>......................
By Lyramion 2016-12-18 22:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished my first +2 piece today:

I was worried the Goblin would take the 10 Card for Body and turn them into PUP ones or something. Thankfully everything worked right with the trade.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-18 22:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lexouritis said: »
Also THERE ARE 6 caturaes, Jps supposedly confirmed this if u clear all 5~

edit.......................er just disregard this until we find out the rumor is true, maybe my friend was high >.>......................
There aren't any other enemies in the dat files.

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Got Niqmaddu Ring from Treasure Room after Mini-boss floor.
Hmm... the boxes in your picture are the golden ones. When we got free floor, they were red ones. Wonder if there's significance there.

He copies undispelable buffs like RUN Wards, so there's no reason why Souleater wouldn't copy too. We were thinking of getting him to copy Counterstance if we bring a MNK.
By Darksparksnot 2016-12-18 23:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a trick to get into treasure room? never got to that floor.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-19 00:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Darksparksnot said: »
Is there a trick to get into treasure room? never got to that floor.

Would love to know. Got in 2nd day with a pug, haven't gotten it since going with LS.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-19 00:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if boss kill speed/area time remaining is a factor? Both times we've seen it we killed Craver in like 3 mins and Gin in about the same. Didn't think to check our total time remaining.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-19 00:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if boss kill speed/area time remaining is a factor? Both times we've seen it we killed Craver in like 3 mins and Gin in about the same. Didn't think to check our total time remaining.

The only time I've gotten it was the Gorger and we had every DD die once, took like 10-15min on it, not fast at all.
By Lexouritis 2016-12-19 00:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, my friend was completely wrong, that was a JP group fighting Fu <.> /Disappointed
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2016-12-19 01:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyramion said: »
Finished my first +2 piece today:

I was worried the Goblin would take the 10 Card for Body and turn them into PUP ones or something. Thankfully everything worked right with the trade.

Niceeee
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-12-19 07:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

The only time I've gotten it was the Gorger and we had every DD die once, took like 10-15min on it, not fast at all.

And which setup did you use for it ?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-19 07:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

This was a 2nd day pug where I was desperate just to get a group (since my friends had gone with others already) so our setup was master class: PLD, THF, GEO, PUP, BLU, WHM.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-12-19 07:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

This was a 2nd day pug where I was desperate just to get a group (since my friends had gone with others already) so our setup was master class: PLD, THF, GEO, PUP, BLU, WHM.

and you guys won all the way to the Mega Boss ?

I did 3 runs so far:

BLU BLU GEO WHM + Trusts PLD RDM

got to floor 3 and wiped.....

BLU PLD GEO BLM RDM WHM

same...............

and

BLU BLU GEO + trusts also wiped but found out several things on the Carver mob

Not quite sure what type of setup we need or what is the TRICK to killing the mob at floor 3

So far Everyone I asked keeps wiping on it , Even our Server's END GAME LS

anybody mind clearing up or guiding us on how to do it properly ?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-12-19 07:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note: Mobs at floor 3 have 800,000 HP with 6/6 People.

Astral Flow takes 40 K off which is 5%

so 10% = 80 K
and 100% = 800 K

Roughly judging that is.
By Bahadir 2016-12-19 08:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
He copies undispelable buffs like RUN Wards, so there's no reason why Souleater wouldn't copy too. We were thinking of getting him to copy Counterstance if we bring a MNK.

Just to make sure: Counter only triggers when attacked from the front?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-12-19 08:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

Just to make sure: Counter only triggers when attacked from the front?

As Far as I know, yes
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 61 62 63