Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 39 40 41
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 11:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Quote:
Seems to me you don't wanna talk about it. Seems to me you just turn your pretty head and walk away.

Quote:
Strange old feeling is a tugging me. It's pulling me by the sleeve.

Quote:
I was standin' at the station; out at the end of the line. Feelin' mad, just a bit impatient. And I wish that you would make up my mind.

Quote:
We got madness, Yes we do. Floating everywhere today. We got madness, Hey when's it going to go away?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 11:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I asked, I didn't accuse. Please stop with that.
Nope.

I will call *** when I see it.

Probably you creating the argument that I was saying that Trump was involved.
You inferred a possibility. You may not have specifically accused Trump of collusion, but you certainly alluded to it. No strawman there.

That isn't an answer to my question, and you weren't asking me.
Just because you didn't ask the question first doesn't mean the question hasn't already been asked and answered. Either way, it has been asked, and it has been answered.

You are flailing.
Hey, that's my schtick! Don't be stealing my ***! You flowerhead you!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 11:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
For eliroo

I find it funny how you link an article that proves the point I am trying to make to you:

Quote:
Now, we’re shifting into our Russia Panic phase. The CIA – or at least one leak from the CIA, as of now – claims that the Russians had attempted to interfere in the election to assist Donald Trump. This seems wholly plausible, considering Trump’s favorable view of Putin, and should be fully investigated.
I never said that it's impossible for Russia to be involved. However, my argument is that there were neither formal charges nor accusations made, and it's possible that this was either political in making, or, as evidenced by CNN's story about the person who talked to CNN, who talked to Trump, who said that we should nuke all the countries, that this was a completely false story made by WP and nobody at the CIA has even alluded to a Russia involvement.

Remember, it's Washington Post who stated that the CIA said this, without revealing their source in this.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-12 11:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You inferred a possibility. You may not have specifically accused Trump of collusion, but you certainly alluded to it. No strawman there.

Yes, you created an argument around me of making the accusation.

In the same notion though, you can't go around making accusations about Obama's administration and not accept that Trump being involved with Russia is a possibility, albeit it slim, it is still there.

Just because you didn't ask the question first doesn't mean the question hasn't already been asked and answered. Either way, it has been asked, and it has been answered.

No you didn't answer the question I asked, I don't get this point.

My personal opinion, is that it isn't true. Or if it is true it is just them leaking information, I don't think Trump is involved directly. But we need to accept the possibility and not criticize the investigation. Even the Federalist agrees with that statement.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy now though, because you were on the other end of a similar argument when it came to Clinton's email - I was on the same end as you. I was critical of her and that investigation and the same applies to this one, we can't pick and choose battles based on our political affiliation.

If anything though, I was misguided in assuming that the CIA and FBI are incapable of political plays.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-12 11:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Seems to me you don't wanna talk about it. Seems to me you just turn your pretty head and walk away.

Quote:

Quote:
I was standin' at the station; out at the end of the line. Feelin' mad, just a bit impatient. And I wish that you would make up my mind.

Quote:
We got madness, Yes we do. Floating everywhere today. We got madness, Hey when's it going to go away?

Quote:
Uh-oh, here comes a flock of wah wahs."
By eliroo 2016-12-12 11:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

isn't a possibility*
By eliroo 2016-12-12 11:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember, it's Washington Post who stated that the CIA said this, without revealing their source in this.

Didn't WaPo expose Watergate? Also, I think we can take WaPo a little bit more seriously they aren't Bretibart, Infowars or Vox.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-12 11:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't WaPo expose Watergate? Also, I think we can take WaPo a little bit more seriously they aren't Bretibart, Infowars or Vox.

The Washington Post has become, in conservative eyes, basically a blog or completely editorialized.

Which seems to be how people deal with any news they don't want to be true, but just sayin'. It's hard to use them as a source one way or another anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 11:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you created an argument around me of making the accusation.

In the same notion though, you can't go around making accusations about Obama's administration and not accept that Trump being involved with Russia is a possibility, albeit it slim, it is still there.
I can admit that Russia being involved with the DNC hacks, which directly benefited Trump, as a possibility.

I, however, don't believe that Trump is involved with the hacks at all. I mean, Trump is a very smart man, and I highly doubt he would be involved in a Watergate-type scandal here.

At anything, this will end at Russia as the instigator, which won't see anything done about it (except DNC having a little better security on their email system and not sending such damning emails again, unless they are idiots). Like I stated before, what are we going to do about it?

My personal opinion, is that it isn't true. Or if it is true it is just them leaking information, I don't think Trump is involved directly. But we need to accept the possibility and not criticize the investigation. Even the Federalist agrees with that statement.
If an investigation is being taken place that is, and this isn't some sort of witch hunt.

Like stated before, if the FBI and CIA couldn't prove that Russia hacked into Clinton's emails, but alluded that they probably have, why is their "electronic fingerprints" all over the DNC's email hack that "points to Russia involvement."?

Why would the Russians bring their "A" game in hacking the Clinton server but not when hacking into the DNC server? Can you explain that away?

If anything though, I was misguided in assuming that the CIA and FBI are incapable of political plays.
And that was my entire argument. No strawmaning there.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 11:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Sunday highway driving. It all looks about the same. Nowhere, just arriving. Still I play the game, yeah yeah.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 11:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

They did, when they were more impartial than they are now.

Those very reporters would have broken out the Clinton email scandal well before it was "discovered" by something unrelated. Then again, the editors themselves would have to indict themselves, since they were all shown to be on those email chains on Clinton's server....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 11:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I protest on the title of this thread.

Why should people who contribute nothing to it be allowed to say what the title of this thread to be?
By Ramyrez 2016-12-12 12:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I protest on the title of this thread.

Why should people who contribute nothing to it be allowed to say what the title of this thread to be?

I'm going to start calling you Phantom Limb.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-12 12:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Sunday highway driving. It all looks about the same. Nowhere, just arriving. Still I play the game, yeah yeah.

Quote:
Welcome to cyberspace, I'm lost in the fog; everything's digital I'm still analog
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-12 12:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone contributes anything in this thread.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 12:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone contributes anything in this thread.
Having discussions and debates about political activity is more productive than throwing out random song quotes from an obscure "artist" in a political thread.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 12:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to cyberspace, I'm lost in the fog; everything's digital I'm still analog

Quote:
well it started with a couple of beers and it went for I don't know how many years, like a runaway train headed for the end of line
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 12:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Joe Walsh is obscure?! Now who is out of touch with blue collar America s?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-12 13:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I wouldn't call throwing a tantrum about semantics more productive.
Then don't throw a tantrum next time.
By eliroo 2016-12-12 13:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I wouldn't call throwing a tantrum about semantics more productive.
Then don't throw a tantrum next time.

This is like the equivalent of the "No your stupid!" argument.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-12-12 13:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Christ almighty

NEW RULE: RPR thread titles have to be total nonsense. The more esoteric the reference the better

There, problem solved
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-12 13:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe we should re-rename the thread Salty McSalty's Saltfest.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2016-12-12 13:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe we should re-rename the thread Salty McSalty's Saltfest.

I'm not renaming the thread in your honor, no.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-12-12 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"Walk Away"

Taking my time
Choosin' my line
Tryin' to decide what to do
Looks like my stop
Don't wanna get off
Got myself hung up on you

Seems to me
You don't want to talk about it
Seems to me
You just turn your pretty head and walk away

Places I've known
Things that I'm growin'
Don't taste the same without you
I got myself in
The worst mess I've been
And I find myself startin' ta doubt you

Seems to me
Talk all night, here comes the mornin'
Seems to me
You just forget what we said
And greet the day

Seems to me
You don't wanna talk about it
Seems to me

I've got ta cool myself down
Stompin' around
Thinkin' some words I can't name ya
Meet ya half way
Got nothin' to say
Still I don't s'pose I can blame ya

Seems to me
You don't want to talk about it
Seems to me

Walk away
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-12 13:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice it feels like MySpace is born again here!! Those were the days!
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-12 13:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember looking for hours to find the perfect set of songs to auto-play on myspace.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-12 13:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

when glitter was everywhere!!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda