Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
Random Politics & Arguments Over Nothing #16
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41
By fonewear 2016-12-23 13:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The latest media outrage is:

@realdonaldtrump "The so-called "A" list celebrities are all wanting tixs to the inauguration, but look what they did for Hillary, NOTHING. I want the PEOPLE!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-23 13:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you want any proof that actors are not actually people, look at all those stupid car (and other) commercials that say "Real people, not actors" on the screen when the yuppies give their fake reactions to the newest Chevy or whatever.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-23 13:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That looks more like Trump outrage rather than media outrage. Nobody wants tickets.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-23 13:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump Team Will Trade Ambassadorship for Katy Perry: Report
Talent bookers 'shocked' by offers they're getting from inauguration planners

Quote:
(Newser) – Rumor has it the people planning Donald Trump's inauguration are offering ambassadorships to anyone who can bring in an A-lister like Justin Timberlake or Katy Perry. Two talent bookers, at least one of whom has booked previous inaugurations, tells the Wrap they were offered money, diplomatic posts, or unspecified posts in the Trump government if they could find a star to perform at the inauguration, which so far boasts a 16-year-old from America's Got Talent as its big name. One booker says he was shocked. "Never in a million years have I heard something so crazy," he tells the Wrap. Both bookers declined, but one says he knows of at least two others given similar offers. But the Trump team denies anything of the sort. “First-class entertainers are eager to participate," a spokesperson for Trump's presidential inaugural committee says.

Rockettes Kick Back Against Trump Inauguration
Trump team has also lined up Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Quote:
(Newser) – Some of the Radio City Rockettes have been horrified to learn that they'll be providing the entertainment at Donald Trump's inauguration next month. TheWrap reports that the famous New York City dancers have been told by their union that they have to perform at the event or risk losing their jobs. According to Perez Hilton, Rockette Phoebe Pearl said in an Instagram post that the women are "embarrassed and disappointed" to be "performing for a man that stands for everything we're against." She said the Rockettes have been "performing with tears in our eyes and heavy hearts" since getting the news. Madison Square Garden Company boss James Dolan announced Thursday that the dancers would perform at the inauguration, as they did for George W. Bush in 2001 and 2005.

The Trump transition team has also confirmed that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and 16-year-old former America's Got Talent contestant Jackie Evancho will perform at the Jan. 20 event, the BBC reports, though big names like Celine Dion and Elton John have reportedly refused to perform. Trump, however, says celebrities are clamoring to come to the event—but their presence is not desired. "The so-called 'A' list celebrities are all wanting tixs to the inauguration, but look what they did for Hillary, NOTHING. I want the PEOPLE!" he tweeted Thursday.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-23 13:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Said the person who still is holding onto his Clinton Inauguration Ticket.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-23 13:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how the media can maintain outrage 24/7 maybe they do four lines of coke a day ?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-23 13:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Trump Team Will Trade Ambassadorship for Katy Perry: Report
Talent bookers 'shocked' by offers they're getting from inauguration planners

Quote:
(Newser) – Rumor has it the people planning Donald Trump's inauguration are offering ambassadorships to anyone who can bring in an A-lister like Justin Timberlake or Katy Perry. Two talent bookers, at least one of whom has booked previous inaugurations, tells the Wrap they were offered money, diplomatic posts, or unspecified posts in the Trump government if they could find a star to perform at the inauguration, which so far boasts a 16-year-old from America's Got Talent as its big name. One booker says he was shocked. "Never in a million years have I heard something so crazy," he tells the Wrap. Both bookers declined, but one says he knows of at least two others given similar offers. But the Trump team denies anything of the sort. “First-class entertainers are eager to participate," a spokesperson for Trump's presidential inaugural committee says.

Rockettes Kick Back Against Trump Inauguration
Trump team has also lined up Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Quote:
(Newser) – Some of the Radio City Rockettes have been horrified to learn that they'll be providing the entertainment at Donald Trump's inauguration next month. TheWrap reports that the famous New York City dancers have been told by their union that they have to perform at the event or risk losing their jobs. According to Perez Hilton, Rockette Phoebe Pearl said in an Instagram post that the women are "embarrassed and disappointed" to be "performing for a man that stands for everything we're against." She said the Rockettes have been "performing with tears in our eyes and heavy hearts" since getting the news. Madison Square Garden Company boss James Dolan announced Thursday that the dancers would perform at the inauguration, as they did for George W. Bush in 2001 and 2005.

The Trump transition team has also confirmed that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and 16-year-old former America's Got Talent contestant Jackie Evancho will perform at the Jan. 20 event, the BBC reports, though big names like Celine Dion and Elton John have reportedly refused to perform. Trump, however, says celebrities are clamoring to come to the event—but their presence is not desired. "The so-called 'A' list celebrities are all wanting tixs to the inauguration, but look what they did for Hillary, NOTHING. I want the PEOPLE!" he tweeted Thursday.
Sorry Chanti, but when the article starts with "Rumor has it..." then that's part of the "facts I don't like" you hear so much about.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-23 13:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Katy Perry I think is literally impossible. She's still campaigning for Hillary Clinton.

Cause it's not january 20 yet!
By fonewear 2016-12-23 13:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I haven't watched a inauguration ever. Why would I start now ?
By fonewear 2016-12-23 13:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I do find it very petty that people can't separate their job as an entertainer and politics. To perform for a President no matter which party.
By fonewear 2016-12-23 13:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be like me boycotting all liberal things. Hell I couldn't watch any TV or movies or read most books.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-23 14:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The latest media outrage is:

@realdonaldtrump "The so-called "A" list celebrities are all wanting tixs to the inauguration, but look what they did for Hillary, NOTHING. I want the PEOPLE!"

He sounds outraged.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Well, if you want any proof that actors are not actually people, look at all those stupid car (and other) commercials that say "Real people, not actors" on the screen when the yuppies give their fake reactions to the newest Chevy or whatever.

That sounds like outrage.

I don't know how the media can maintain outrage 24/7 maybe they do four lines of coke a day ?

That's not an outrageous amount. 20 lines then we can talk outrage.

That would be like me boycotting all liberal things. Hell I couldn't watch any TV or movies or read most books.

Imagine the outrage if you couldn't watch the social satire written by Ivy League liberals known as The Simpsons.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-23 14:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sorry Chanti, but when the article starts with "Rumor has it..." then that's part of the "facts I don't like" you hear so much about.
Well, just saying that a lot of people are saying....
By fonewear 2016-12-23 14:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a rumor that Trump is a Muslim...my sources say he converted yesterday 1
[+]
By Zerowone 2016-12-23 14:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a rumor that Trump is a Muslim...my sources say he converted yesterday 1
Sources also say he isn't a natural born citizen.
By eliroo 2016-12-23 14:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sources say God Emperor wasn't born in this realm.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-23 15:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

I'm outraged that you think it's outrage! But seriously, quite a few people in here haven't figured out the difference between humor and legitimate outrage when it comes to me. It's usually safe to assume the former....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-23 15:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm outraged that you think it's outrage! But seriously, quite a few people in here haven't figured out the difference between humor and legitimate outrage when it comes to me. It's usually safe to assume the former....
Come on man, we all know you are a boiling pot of hate!

I mean, you lean conservative. Obviously you are racist/sexist/homophobic/deplorable/<insert hate flavor of the week>
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-23 15:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Come on man, we all know you are a boiling pot of hate!

I mean, you lean conservative. Obviously you are racist/sexist/homophobic/deplorable/<insert hate flavor of the week>

I take offense to that. At the very least, I'm a boiling cauldron of hate.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-23 16:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So ignoring this witless humour..

UN tells Israel to stop colonizing and for the first time USA abstains!
By fonewear 2016-12-23 17:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

UN:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-23 19:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Why Dictators Hate Chess
Garry Kasparov on Vladimir Putin’s meddling and America’s response.

For those who might know Kasparov is a former world's chess champion. Also Russian born.

And even though this piece is published in Slate, our Obama hating friends are going to LOVE it.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-24 18:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There are far to few (+)s on that Katy Perry gif.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-12-24 20:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's time for a silent night or two. I'm gonna close RP&R for Christmas and we'll make a new one Monday.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41