[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-11 00:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
it's about damned time that they made some strong grips to compensate for the stat difference of two handers versus dual wielders

I can see where you're coming from this, but I kinda feel dual wielders are getting kicked on the ground as is.

- Lower PDIF cap
- 95% accuracy cap on offhand
- Lower weaponskill damage
- Better TP gain

2 handers already reign supreme for DPS, if anything dual wield needs a buff.
[+]
By Chyula 2016-12-11 01:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

instead of weapon skill accuracy stat, it raised dex. I guess its tiny boost to anything that can critical beside the acc boost to all ws.
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-11 02:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
it's about damned time that they made some strong grips to compensate for the stat difference of two handers versus dual wielders

I can see where you're coming from this, but I kinda feel dual wielders are getting kicked on the ground as is.

- Lower PDIF cap
- Better TP gain

2 handers are capped at 95% accuracy for all swings, and with such a sub par Sub slot, have to work a bit harder to make up that difference. expecting a grip with better stats than 6 Acc/Att/sTP, or Acc +10/Haste 4% isn't exactly asking for the moon, here.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-12-11 03:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Added to mainpost picture of the new grip shown from Omen:

HP+70 ACC+30 ATK+30 WS DEX Mod +10%
Lv 99 WAR DRK SAM DRG RUN
Excellent for Mercy Stroke.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2016-12-11 03:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Mercy Stroke? lol
It's a grip for WAR/DRK/SAM/DRG/RUN.
[+]
By sudsi 2016-12-11 04:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

90% of the population (edit: of people on earth) are *** morons... it wouldn't really be much of a loss.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-12-11 06:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
Mercy Stroke? lol
It's a grip for WAR/DRK/SAM/DRG/RUN.
Obvious troll is obvious
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-11 13:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

- Lower PDIF cap
- Better TP gain

2 handers are capped at 95% accuracy for all swings, and with such a sub par Sub slot, have to work a bit harder to make up that difference. expecting a grip with better stats than 6 Acc/Att/sTP, or Acc +10/Haste 4% isn't exactly asking for the moon, here.

The big disparity between DW, H2H and 2H is how the weaponskills are constructed. 1H Weapons have a bunch of easily exploitable WS's that can be stacked and geared into obscene damage. 2H and H2H are far more limited, there is Resolution and Stardiver for 2H but Victory and Shijin are both extremely bleh. SE needs to serious rework many of the mods or fTP values for various weapon categories.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-12-11 13:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh work is going to suck tomorrow.....
By Creecreelo 2016-12-11 13:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I just wish that the first hit of 2h (and H2H as well I think?) WSs would cap at 99% Acc like 1h WSs; that's gotta be one of the most infuriating parts about 2h jobs.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-11 14:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to see the rest of the stuff tonight, curious to see if we'll get grips with other WSC+% besides just DEX, also want to see the other accessories they may add since, if the grip is any indication, they're gonna be disgusting.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2016-12-11 16:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

CHR WS mods to boost Gate of Tartarus obv
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-11 22:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

- Lower PDIF cap
- Better TP gain

Sorry for the delayed response. You actually often aren't receiving any additional accuracy or overwhelmingly useful stats from your mainhand or offhand if you have RMEA. I also forgot to mention one of the largest downsides to dual wield - RME aftermath only applies to half of your strikes.

Not saying offhand stats aren't helpful or that they shouldn't add high stat grips, just that the implication of there being some kind of balance issue that favors dual wield is not true.

Also just realized my first post should have stated lower TP gain, not higher.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-11 22:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
If there's something like this coming down the pike in two days from Omen for 2 handers, I shudder to think if some of the possibilities in terms of magic grips. A grip with magic burst bonus and relevant stats could completely turn existing nuke sets on their heads.

not really, we'd see stuff like Mizu. being replaced with... Eddy Necklace? Merlinic Augs for MBD are already pretty common. what WILL be interesting is if we see comparable MAcc and MAB which will help shore up weaknesses of BLMs who are either casting without an Idris GEO, while also loosening up the requirements on Merlinic pieces as a whole. hitting the cap of 40 MBB isn't exactly difficult unless you are rocking HQ Amalric, which is thoroughly unaffordable by the majority of the player base. (we're talking a cost comparable of starting from zero and building an Afterglow mythic on nothing but gil per HQ slot.) it would go a long way to leveling the playing field, but won't be groundbreaking for people already wearing the best gear.

grips and necklaces are not going to do enough on their own to change gearing paradigms, now if we add earrings/rings into the mix too, THEN things will go all wonky.

Was picturing a stuation that frees up a merlinic augment for, say, Occult Acumen instead of MBB.

Earrings- I wouldn't be too surprised to see one. Most sets rock BiS with an earring from Delve era, and many Death sets use an earring from Bahamut. That alone should tell SE it might be time to visit nuking earrings. Barakole is a great first step.

More Magic Burst II for mages ala Amalric Gages and Samhuna(sp?) Coat on a grip would be fantastic, though. An easy addition to existing sets.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-11 23:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I Just wana see Mnk do a 50k chi blast!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-12-11 23:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thaumas coat finally making a comeback? Memories
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-12-12 00:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »

We must first unlock/exploit the secrets of RAND factor within the formula...

Then MNK will have Kaoken level ChiBlast...
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-12-12 00:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »

We must first unlock/exploit the secrets of RAND factor within the formula...

Then MNK will have Kaoken level ChiBlast...

The secret is.....pizza!

If anyone remembers that old school massive Boost x15 macro you'll get the reference.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2016-12-12 01:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Added to mainpost picture of the new grip shown from Omen:

HP+70 ACC+30 ATK+30 WS DEX Mod +10%
Lv 99 WAR DRK SAM DRG RUN

Yeah so.. If this is a taste of the "power" that they are referring to with the new accessories then..

Insert Brother [Draylo's] Quote:

Quote:
Yes its worth it.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-12 01:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth it for what its worth it for.
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2016-12-12 01:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth it for what its worth it for.

XD

Miss ya bro.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-12 02:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You left, I didn't!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-12 02:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Was picturing a stuation that frees up a merlinic augment for, say, Occult Acumen instead of MBB.

I get what you're saying and that's one way. Of course, that's ignoring the more direct route of just sticking a bunch of Occult Acumen directly on a grip, which has the benefit of avoiding a potentially annoying process of getting new Merlinic augs...

(though to be fair, more sources of burst damage are probably nice for other mage jobs)
 Carbuncle.Xylus
Server: Carbuncle
user: DaDrifter
By Carbuncle.Xylus 2016-12-12 09:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Think there will ever some a time when SE change grips to work like the ammo slot in that you don't loose TP due to swaps? Treat grips not so much as an object but rather a hand placement or battle stance of sorts. This would allow for increased versatility in the slot particularly for jobs like RUN or even mages namely BLM+SCH what want to hold TP for MP conversion.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-12-12 10:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xylus said: »
Think there will ever some a time when SE change grips to work like the ammo slot in that you don't loose TP due to swaps? Treat grips not so much as an object but rather a hand placement or battle stance of sorts. This would allow for increased versatility in the slot particularly for jobs like RUN or even mages namely BLM+SCH what want to hold TP for MP conversion.

I would imagine their code is just a generic "if slots x,y, and z change then start TP building over" (meaning main,sub, and ranged). I would seriously doubt that they could easily change the code to recognize "oh! slot y is a grip, not a dual wielded weapon, don't lose TP if player swaps it!"...because the error in the coding would be that dual wielders could all of a sudden change offhand weapons without losing TP. Whoopsie.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-12 11:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xylus said: »

No. Grips were created as a way for 2H to benefit from stats in their sub slot the same way Dual Wielders do. DW folks can't change out their weapons without losing TP and so it's extremely unlikely SE would allow 2H to do that. You can change Ammo because you can run out of it and need to reload.