MogiVana War AF119+2 preview
First Page 2 3 4
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-09 11:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

MogiVana Stream this morning showed off the Warrior 119+2 set from Omen. Here have a sneak peek in what style Omen will bring stat changes. They seem quite significant for a the +2 version already:

PMマスク+2
防123 HP+57 STR+26 DEX+29 VIT+29
AGI+26 INT+26 MND+26 CHR+26
命中+37 回避+46 魔回避+63 魔防+2 ヘイスト+8%
敵対心+9 アグレサー効果時間+16
被物理ダメージ-4%
Lv99~ 戦

Stat Changes:
DEF+10 HP+19 STR+5 DEX+5 VIT+5 AGI+5 INT+5 MND+5 CHR+5
ACC+37 EVA+10 MEVA+10 ENMITY+3 "Aggressor" duration+2 PDT-4%

PMロリカ+2
防153 HP+91 STR+35 DEX+29 VIT+35
AGI+28 INT+28 MND+28 CHR+28
命中+40 攻+22 回避+54 魔回避+74 魔防+5
ヘイスト+4% バーサク効果時間+16
ウェポンスキルダメージ+5%
Lv99~ 戦

Stat changes:
DEF+10 HP+30 STR+5 DEX+5 VIT+5 AGI+5 INT+5 MND+5 CHR+5
ACC+40 ATK+10 EVA+10 MEVA+10 "Berserk" effect duration+2 WSDamage+5%

The +9 enmity of the +1 version is gone

PMマフラ+2
防111 HP+55 STR+23 DEX+37 VIT+37
AGI+11 INT+19 MND+34 CHR+24
命中+38 回避+32 魔回避+53 魔防+2 ヘイスト+5%
敵対心+10 リタリエーション+17
被物理ダメージ-6%
Lv99~ 戦

Stat changes:
DEF+10 HP+18 STR+5 DEX+5 VIT+5 AGI+5 INT+5 MND+5 CHR+5
ACC+38 EVA+10 MEVA+10 ENMITY+5 "Retaliation"+2 PDT-6%

PMクウィス+2
防135 HP+75 STR+35 VIT+22 AGI+22
INT+34 MND+21 CHR+21
命中+46 回避+42 魔回避+90 魔防+4 ヘイスト+6%
ダブルアタック+8% 被物理ダメージ-4%
Lv99~ 戦

Stat changes:
DEF+10 HP+25 STR+5 DEX+5 VIT+5 AGI+5 INT+5 MND+5 CHR+5
ACC+31 EVA+10 MEVA+10 DA+3% PDT-4%

Enmity +4 from the +1 version is gone

PMカリガ+2
防93 HP+45 STR+19 DEX+21 VIT+26
AGI+38 MND+16 CHR+33
命中+36 攻+30 回避+62 魔回避+90 魔防+3
ヘイスト+4% ダブルアタック+6% ストアTP+2
Lv99~ 戦

Stat changes:
DEF+10 HP+15 STR+5 DEX+5 VIT+5 AGI+5 INT+5 MND+5 CHR+5
ACC+36 ATK+10 EVA+10 MEVA+10 DA+3% StoreTP+2

Bonus new Denali Body and Hat +1 from Ambuscade:

(Credit to Lilgray on BG)

+1 Head
DEF110 HP+37 MP+20 STR+20 DEX+35
VIT+16 AGI+30 INT+15 MND+14 CHR+17
ACC+38 RACC+38 MACC+38 EVA+63 MEVA+75
MDB+3 Haste+8 Potency of Waltz effects Recieved+8%
Crit Hit+4%
MNK THF RNG NIN COR DNC

+1 Body
DEF136 HP+60 MP+35 STR+28 DEX+44
VIT+24 AGI+40 INT+21 MND+20 CHR+20
ACC+40 RACC+40 MACC+40 EVA+69 MEVA+80
MDB+6 Haste+4% STP+5
Crit Hit+8%

Picture of the new grip shown from Omen:

HP+70 ACC+30 ATK+30 WS DEX Mod +10%
Lv 99 WAR DRK SAM DRG RUN

MogiVana Episode showing off Omen gameplay around 22minutes:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-09 12:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

so the next Ambuscade set is... Crit Hit Rate (presumably) and Accuracy? /yawn.

also, at this point, I imagine we are going to need to see a lot more of the other pieces of AF to determine if a lot of this is going to be worthwhile, as even the lesser geared folks here tend to at least have a few Reisenjima pieces, if with poor augments. it's been a while since I looked at my WAR gear, but there doesn't appear to be anything particularly earth shattering thus far; even with far from ideal augments Reisenjima gear seems to still be tops when it isn't +1 Abjuration stuff. we'll just be upgrading macro pieces to get a slight bump in durations and they will remain only really viable as macro pieces. the jobs that I have been focusing my resources towards are unlikely to really see much of an increase (yay, DRG AF will STILL probably only affect Jump/High Jump.....) but maybe before too much longer WAR will be able to full time Berserk - provided that they're not getting hammered by dispels every 10 seconds.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-09 12:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Def+10, Attributes+5, Eva+10, M.Eva+10 and some accuracy across the board it seems. Nice to see JA enhancements got a small boost, though.

New Ambuscade gear looks like it'll be good Light/Dark Shot gear, I guess.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-09 12:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

At the least, it's usable. Some of the +3 pieces should be able to keep up with Reisenjima gear if things like DA+8% are a starting point.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-09 12:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, the AF upgrades were more significant than expected. That's a large jump in accuracy as well as high boosts to DA on multiple pieces. Seeing as it's only +2, +3 could easily allow for some very competitive pieces with strong Reisenjima gear.

Also, stop taking BLU off of light armor gear, god dammit.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-09 12:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll get Homam with RDM and RUN and you'll like it.
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
Server: Asura
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2016-12-09 12:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Darn, I was really hoping BLU would be on that Ambuscade gear since it would be easy to acquire and I'm still kind of outdated on most of my sets.

Upgraded AF stats seem nice though!
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-12-09 12:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, if the WAR sets are any indication, the upgrade from +1 AF to +2 seems pretty significant, especially in terms of accuracy and relevant stats for the job.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the stats for the other AF sets are once the update is out and the info is available via datamine.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 12:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

also, at this point, I imagine we are going to need to see a lot more of the other pieces of AF to determine if a lot of this is going to be worthwhile, as even the lesser geared folks here tend to at least have a few Reisenjima pieces, if with poor augments. it's been a while since I looked at my WAR gear, but there doesn't appear to be anything particularly earth shattering thus far; even with far from ideal augments Reisenjima gear seems to still be tops when it isn't +1 Abjuration stuff. we'll just be upgrading macro pieces to get a slight bump in durations and they will remain only really viable as macro pieces. the jobs that I have been focusing my resources towards are unlikely to really see much of an increase (yay, DRG AF will STILL probably only affect Jump/High Jump.....) but maybe before too much longer WAR will be able to full time Berserk - provided that they're not getting hammered by dispels every 10 seconds.

Most of it is situational or Berserk / Aggressor enhancement pieces. The body is nice because WSD has been a *** for me to get with high accuracy, legs would be decent as a stand-in until HQ Argosy for Reso or other STR based multi-hit WS, same with feet. And it's a great Provoke / Enmity set for when you want Jesus retaliation procs.
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-09 12:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Honestly, the AF upgrades were more significant than expected. That's a large jump in accuracy as well as high boosts to DA on multiple pieces. Seeing as it's only +2, +3 could easily allow for some very competitive pieces with strong Reisenjima gear.

Also, stop taking BLU off of light armor gear, god dammit.

not just BLU.... they also kicked RUN and PUP off the set, reducing the number of jobs that could equip it by a third. I really want the Homam set to have some amazing stuff on it, but as it is Ambuscade it is sure to be disappointing, and at most have a couple niche pieces. (hopefully they don't turn it into another tanking set....)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-09 12:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The removal of PUP makes sense since they had their pet-specific set, removing BLU and RUN is pretty shitty. However, if like Braden said those both go onto Homam, that might work decently. Knowing SE, though, they'll shove BLU on the magic set and screw us out of new melee gear.
[+]
By Lyramion 2016-12-09 12:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Random reminder that there will still be a +3 set on top of the +2.

Also it sadly seems like Omen will be on a 20hours timer when first introduced which hits pretty hard in a new content starved game.

Additionally you gather "Points" in Omen to enhance your AF only for the Job you enter with.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-09 12:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyramion said: »
Random reminder that there will still be a +3 set on top of the +2.

Also it sadly seems like Omen will be on a 20hours timer when first introduced which hits pretty hard in a new content starved game.

Additionally you gather "Points" in Omen to enhance your AF only for the Job you enter with.

so congratulations to the bandwagoners and a big ol middle finger to everyone else? sounds about right for SE.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 12:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
The removal of PUP makes sense since they had their pet-specific set, removing BLU and RUN is pretty shitty. However, if like Braden said those both go onto Homam, that might work decently. Knowing SE, though, they'll shove BLU on the magic set and screw us out of new melee gear.

Well BLU was on the BLM/RDM/SCH/GEO set so I could see them removing them from this set. Seems kind of shitty since it's mostly +crit but BLU already very powerful so it's a bone to the other jobs (MNK/NIN/THF). DNC and RNG are just so situational that who knows until the entire set is released.

Which goes back to my fear (said jokingly) that the AF upgrade items will only drop from the Boss in singles. Time restraints smell heavily on LS based alliance content, which is a good thing considering everything else is small-group stuff.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

so congratulations to the bandwagoners and a big ol middle finger to everyone else? sounds about right for SE.

That's workable, I kinda don't like it but depending on how powerful the megaboss is and what kinds of drops are involved in the mini-boss's we can work around that. I do foresee a bunch of Idris GEO Mules and HM BRD Mules being deployed though.
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-09 12:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

That's workable, I kinda don't like it but depending on how powerful the megaboss is and what kinds of drops are involved in the mini-boss's we can work around that. I do foresee a bunch of Idris GEO Mules and HM BRD Mules being deployed though.

since they already indicated that for the last upgrade it will be more challenging, folks who are routinely relegated to tank and WHM slots are pretty screwed for their other jobs. perhaps it is to try and prevent the congestion that Ambuscade saw, but it still smacks of poor design considering the diversity of jobs in game.
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-09 12:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of it is situational or Berserk / Aggressor enhancement pieces. The body is nice because WSD has been a *** for me to get with high accuracy, legs would be decent as a stand-in until HQ Argosy for Reso or other STR based multi-hit WS, same with feet. And it's a great Provoke / Enmity set for when you want Jesus retaliation procs.

yeah, I saw the body and my first thought instantly went to Savage Blade.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-09 13:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I thought Savage, Judgment, Upheaval at higher TP and then my other one-hit WS's like Scourge / MT / Steel Cyclone / ect. Need +WSD and a lot of accuracy cause missing sucks.
By fillerbunny9 2016-12-09 13:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I thought Savage, Judgment, Upheaval at higher TP and then my other one-hit WS's like Scourge / MT / Steel Cyclone / ect. Need +WSD and a lot of accuracy cause missing sucks.

yeah, nothing quite like whiffing on a Relic WS. -_- my poor Bravura is buried under 6' of dust, I might get around to upgrading it when I am not more devoted to other projects. as it is, WAR isn't utilized by my LS so I have little impetus to focus on it anyways.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2016-12-09 13:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the first reforged armor took us to 109, then the +1 took us to 119, would be nice if the +2 & +3 took us to 129 & 139 respectively. Wishful thinking?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-09 13:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It should have been pretty obvious to everyone that BLU wasn't going to be on the Thaumas set when they made it clear that they were going to release a Homam set within the same series. I had guessed that RUN would be on the same set, but I am a bit surprised that THF and DNC aren't going to be on it as well.

Quote:
Since the first reforged armor took us to 109, then the +1 took us to 119, would be nice if the +2 & +3 took us to 129 & 139 respectively. Wishful thinking?

No, because they already said that they weren't raising it, at least for this.

Saevel said:
DNC and RNG are just so situational that who knows until the entire set is released.

DNC is just as good as the other DDs.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-12-09 13:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, nothing quite like whiffing on a Relic WS. -_- my poor Bravura is buried under 6' of dust, I might get around to upgrading it when I am not more devoted to other projects. as it is, WAR isn't utilized by my LS so I have little impetus to focus on it anyways.

One of my mules has bravura afterglow pretty sick on NMs with the damage taken -
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-09 13:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, I missed the confirmation of the Homam set, so that's my mistake. Apologies for the misinformation.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-09 13:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The Nashira set was the confirmation.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-09 13:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
It should have been pretty obvious to everyone that BLU wasn't going to be on the Thaumas set when they made it clear that they were going to release a Homam set within the same series. I had guessed that RUN would be on the same set, but I am a bit surprised that THF and DNC aren't going to be on it as well.

Agreed. Sticking all of the remaining "light DD" jobs on this set is also quite interesting for... RDM, who might be on track to get some melee gear. I actually kinda like the thought of all of the "magical sword user" jobs on a set, and it's really the only logical way I see things breaking down.

Assuming each job is only on one set in the "second round" of Ambuscade gear (sets 6-10), and assuming there are a minimum of 3 jobs per set (previous low numbers were 3 on Inyanga and Ta'lia sets), seems to me it might be looking like:

Flamma (Askar model): WAR PLD DRK SAM DRG
Ta'lia (Nashira model): BST PUP SMN
Munmu (sp?) (Denali model): MNK THF RNG NIN COR DNC
??? (Goliard model): WHM BLM BRD SMN SCH
??? (Homam model): RDM BLU RUN

It was plainly evident from the November set that previous job mix was not a given for the new sets - BST and PUP weren't on Nashira, and 4 mage jobs were removed from it. These are really just item models, and we can't make assumptions that jobs/stats have any relation to the past sets just because they're visually the same.

This kinda makes me think there will be a lot of solo/lowman farming with your desired job (somewhat like gaining augments on Relic+2 gear from Dynamis exp), as they did say Omen was designed partly with solo/trust in mind.

When it comes to killing the big bad NMs, sounds more like LS/alliance content, so sticking people on a particular job role might not be that big of a deal.

Solo grind for points for +2 upgrade (while wearing the relevant reforged AF piece?), and NMs dropping items for +3 upgrades? Seems plausible. Guess we'll see soon!
[+]
By Verda 2016-12-09 13:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I can finally reliably land def down and other status bolts on thf and rng on stuff that matters with that ambuscade set, same with ninja debuffs.

As for the crit 8% on the body, it still doesn't beat abnoba for evisceration. A waltz head is nice though and they have nice paired evasion + magic evasion that only a few pieces of gear in the game can contest for those jobs. Wayfarer circlet has more mdb and more int but way worse evasion for example. Passion jacket has more int but the same magic evasion and less evasion and way less AGI.

The body is also good in that it has 5 STP for ranger. That's two STP more than my herc vest at the cost of about 13 racc with my augs a pretty decent tradeoff and my vest is a pretty lucky case so it is probably a straight upgrade for a lot of ppl.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-09 13:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This was actually what I had predicted before today:

"Nares"
BLM SCH RDM WHM BRD GEO
"Thaumas"
MNK NIN RNG COR
"Homam"
BLU THF RUN DNC

Given that there are now fewer jobs available for the Homam set, it does seem likely that RDM will be on it. It's possible they might throw BRD on it as well.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-09 13:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm many crits.
Name seems to be Munmu, what kind of name is that? <.<
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-12-09 13:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Jishnu's viable any more? I'm out of the loop on RNG, but that's what pops into my head when I see a set with a lot of DEX/Crit rate pieces.

For MNK, could also result in good V.Smite pieces with STR/Crit. Head clearly doesn't have enough STR to make it worthwhile (over, say, Rao or better). Body doesn't look bad for VS though.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-09 13:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jishnu's is still very strong for RNG. That body is going to be a very nice ranged option for COR especially, and probably RNG to a slightly lesser extent.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4