How Do You Access Zone 210 Debug Room?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How do you access zone 210 debug room?
How do you access zone 210 debug room?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-23 02:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a few people who did that with FFXI, and one especially who did that ALL the time in WoW (he used to bot for Gold, and sell gold to friends).

But I think it's a different issue. People using that silly trick were using the "rollback" function, which is something completely different from the one time one item restoral ticket.

The one time ticket isn't used to rollback or restore your character or multiple things, it's used exclusively on a single item and you don't need to give a specific reason, you just say you had Item X and lost it/trashed it, period.
 Asura.Aaliana
user: edster105
By Asura.Aaliana 2016-11-23 04:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Kainstryder or any of the people who still have the GM manual be able to send me a copy? I'd like it purely to read out of the interest of FFXI history
By Darksparksnot 2016-11-23 04:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I know a few people who did that with FFXI, and one especially who did that ALL the time in WoW (he used to bot for Gold, and sell gold to friends).

But I think it's a different issue. People using that silly trick were using the "rollback" function, which is something completely different from the one time one item restoral ticket.

The one time ticket isn't used to rollback or restore your character or multiple things, it's used exclusively on a single item and you don't need to give a specific reason, you just say you had Item X and lost it/trashed it, period.

What if i never had that item and claim i did?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-11-23 04:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Darksparksnot said: »

The one time i tried using the one time like 11-12 years ago, I was told that it had been to long since I dropped it for them to check. I waited like 7-8 days before asking for the restoral because I didn't know you could even ask for it back then.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-23 04:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Darksparksnot said: »

They check that, if they can't see track in their logs of that item being actually part of your DB entries logs then they will answer that such item wasn't part of your inventory or that it was lost too far back in the past for them to restore it.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-11-23 05:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I know someone who did something similar to this. He played for several years, and geared up his character to top level during ToAU era, and sold his account to a person/website for a good deal of cash. Waited a few months, called SE and said he was hacked, and started playing again for a few months, and repeated the process. He did this several times.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2016-11-23 13:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aaliana said: »
Would Kainstryder or any of the people who still have the GM manual be able to send me a copy? I'd like it purely to read out of the interest of FFXI history

PM'd you.
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-11-23 15:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aaliana said: »

Links are active from another post here for anyone that's interested.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-11-23 16:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
So apparently Square hires employees that must remain secret service level status and hide their Batman identities to the public?

I sure as hell didn't read in the manual "if you disclose you are a GM to anyone, we will find you. Please look forward to it."
We had a GM disclose his information to a player of FFXIV and he was suspended for a month.

The thing is, you can tell who you are and what you do, but you have to remain somewhat smart about it. I've met so many players when they called that I wish I could have told about who was behind (either people from my server/LS or people that were just really nice) but I couldn't. If I had done that, then my credibility as an impartial GM would have been stained.

In fact, I did suspend/permaban several people I knew/was friend with. I also prevented several bans whenever it was possible, but as a general rule I never turned a blind eye.

Yeah Senkyuu, the girl I'm talking about was an Asuran player, we were in LS together. She was american and contacted an US GM.
Don't know exactely how the issue escalated, but I can say for certain she wasn't lying, I knew her before and after the name/face change, and her character/gear/macro/stuff/achievements were exactely the same.
Well that's honestly not the norm at all but if she was the target of extreme harassment, then I can see it happening.

There are a lot of things that can't be done (not just by a GM, but technically, too), if it was done it was definitely approved by a LGM and most likely Japan. So it requires a rather highly ranked person.

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
if i remember correctly the issue with the restores were people faking that they got hacked and moving their stuff between a bunch of characters then letting playonline id lapse on payment. they would get their stuff restored then reactivate the playonline id that had all the stuff and essentially double ancient currency etc.
Exactly.

We restored a guy once and then I saw him brag on a forum. I reported it to my superior and I left a note to the service so that when I wasn't on shift, people would be able to deal with him accordingly.

The guy called us again and that's where we busted him.

After this case happened, we were REALLY cautious with Game Data Recovery and I denied several of them (some of them thanks to FFXIAH/BG checks).
NA had different policies, though.
By Draylo 2016-11-23 17:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I really have a hard time believing you the way your posts come across.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-23 17:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Well that's honestly not the norm at all but if she was the target of extreme harassment, then I can see it happening.
She was a seriously lovely person, but she was a bit egocentric? Not sure how to say it, she always thought everything was about her, sorta.
I honestly think she was exagerating, I knew the guy she claimed was harassing her and honestly it was... Well I don't want to be superficial, I don't know exactely what happened, but from the outside it sure looked like she played "little princess" part.

I remember that thing surprised me a lot because I thought GMs didn't even have the technical instruments to change players' appearance. I guess LGMs or SGMs do maybe, just like you said.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2016-11-23 18:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And who doesn't remember [GM]Dave? hehehe.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-11-24 09:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I really have a hard time believing you the way your posts come across.
Want me to list all the cheats you've used and when you did so so you can believe me?

I still have a text file with your unknown feats. I can't remember if I gave you a 72h suspension, did I? Refresh my mind please, I always mistake you for Bechinyy for some reason (maybe it's because your /tell chats were very similar).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-24 09:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ohhhh, do me next!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-11-24 09:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My Thanksgiving wish- this thread stays unlocked long enough for real fireworks. C'mon, I miss a good drama thread!
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-24 09:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, no. Let's not.
[+]