November 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-11 04:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It also offers an AoE spell to claim stuff on which you can afterwise keep enmity with Foil.
And stun! lol
Not sure I'd use Last Resort for tanking though.

Also /SAM is still a very good option. If the additional STP brings you one hit lower in your Xhit build, I think it's gonna win.
Also in superbuffed situations (where your attack is capped) I think SAM is gonna win as well, or possibly in fights that last more than 3 minutes, since you can fulltime Hasso whereas you can't fulltime Last Resort.
/SAM also offers a bit more of accuracy (granted it's only ~10 I think so it's hardly gonna make a difference...)
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2016-11-11 06:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I get the Moogle mount? Did someone find out yet? Report (Yes, please.)
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-11 06:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
It also offers an AoE spell to claim stuff on which you can afterwise keep enmity with Foil.
And stun! lol
Not sure I'd use Last Resort for tanking though.

Also /SAM is still a very good option. If the additional STP brings you one hit lower in your Xhit build, I think it's gonna win.
Also in superbuffed situations (where your attack is capped) I think SAM is gonna win as well, or possibly in fights that last more than 3 minutes, since you can fulltime Hasso whereas you can't fulltime Last Resort.
/SAM also offers a bit more of accuracy (granted it's only ~10 I think so it's hardly gonna make a difference...)

Remember Hasso and Seigan screws with your FastCast / Recast. That's the big reason I like /DRK, gives you offensive power along with better hate tools without messing with your casting ability.
 Sylph.Taruranto
Server: Sylph
user: Tarlant
By Sylph.Taruranto 2016-11-11 07:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Camlann said: »

It's from the event:

Slowly but surely turning into XIV. My immersion. :(
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2016-11-11 07:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Taruranto said: »

It's from the event:

Thanks!! Any info on how the event works?
[+]
By Justuas 2016-11-11 11:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Taruranto said: »

It's from the event:

Thanks!! Any info on how the event works?
It's pretty easy to learn.
I got Cursed Cuirass -1 from the Jingly Ticket price so I got basically like over 7 mil^^ seems like this event is worth doing.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2016-11-11 11:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not seen an extra REM page drop in personal pool in my two goes at Avatar II high tier battles yet.

Exactly same drops as before for me. 2 pages in treasure pool and 1 page in personal pool.
So an increase in drops of precisely... zero.
By Boshi 2016-11-11 11:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
My JP friend said that in the interview there was going to be an alternative way to get the Kupo Shield outside of the bonanza. Can anyone confirm?

From my understand it'/ not kupo shield but a new sheild that'/ also very powerful for crafting that will be some sort of relic-type equivalent for the crafts. (Like lushang/ebisu +1)
By Treizekordero 2016-11-11 11:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
Not seen an extra REM page drop in personal pool in my two goes at Avatar II high tier battles yet.

Exactly same drops as before for me. 2 pages in treasure pool and 1 page in personal pool.

HTB Campaign doesn't increase REM drops only loot drops.

Quote:
High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign
The number of personal drops in the following battlefields will be increased by one, and players will receive either a pluton, a pluton case, a pluton box, a chunk of beitetsu, a beitetsu case, a beitetsu box, a riftborn boulder, a boulder case, or a boulder box.
★Ark Angels 1 / ★Ark Angels 2 / ★Ark Angels 3 / ★Ark Angels 4 / ★Ark Angels 5 /
★Return to Delkfutt's Tower / ★The Celestial Nexus / ★The Savage / ★The Warrior's Path /
★Puppet in Peril / ★Legacy of the Lost / ★Rank 5 Mission / ★Head Wind /
★One to be Feared / ★Dawn / ★Pentacide Perpetrator / ★Trial by Fire / ★Trial by Ice /
★Trial by Wind / ★Trial by Earth / ★Trial by Lightning / ★Trial by Water /
★The Moonlit Path / ★Waking the Beast / ★Waking Dreams
* Higher quality items will drop more frequently on higher difficulties.
[\quote]
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-11-12 04:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is wondering; you can get the new music key item from high-tier shadow lord battle in any difficulty (note: it is miles better than the original)

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Purgonorgo Isle needs a HP/survival guide BAD

not BAD, really. You can get there by using the voidwatch warp for Bismarck.
[+]
 Leviathan.Thoma
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Thoma 2016-11-12 13:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

PvP, from what I understand, is presently dominated by COR at the moment since Last Stand can one shot anything...
By Sabishii 2016-11-12 14:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Treizekordero said: »
Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »

HTB Campaign doesn't increase REM drops only loot drops.

Quote:
High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign
The number of personal drops in the following battlefields will be increased by one, and players will receive either a pluton, a pluton case, a pluton box, a chunk of beitetsu, a beitetsu case, a beitetsu box, a riftborn boulder, a boulder case, or a boulder box.
★Ark Angels 1 / ★Ark Angels 2 / ★Ark Angels 3 / ★Ark Angels 4 / ★Ark Angels 5 /
★Return to Delkfutt's Tower / ★The Celestial Nexus / ★The Savage / ★The Warrior's Path /
★Puppet in Peril / ★Legacy of the Lost / ★Rank 5 Mission / ★Head Wind /
★One to be Feared / ★Dawn / ★Pentacide Perpetrator / ★Trial by Fire / ★Trial by Ice /
★Trial by Wind / ★Trial by Earth / ★Trial by Lightning / ★Trial by Water /
★The Moonlit Path / ★Waking the Beast / ★Waking Dreams
* Higher quality items will drop more frequently on higher difficulties.
[\quote]

You mean you ARE getting an increase in REM items (plutons, beitetsu, and boulders), but not in pages or other loot. Obviously REM items give you a bonus for money making or farming stuff for REM upgrades. HTB campaigns, when you're running VD (for example), you get a third box/case instead of just two cases/boxes of stones.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2016-11-12 14:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
If anyone is wondering; you can get the new music key item from high-tier shadow lord battle in any difficulty (note: it is miles better than the original)

Thank you so much and Jean Paul for the swap tip, the new song completely blows the old one away. /bravo SE
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-12 19:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Purgonorgo Isle needs a HP/survival guide BAD

not BAD, really. You can get there by using the voidwatch warp for Bismarck.
Yeah but new characters don't have that! Also the same argument can be said for sooooo many zones in the game, yet there's hps/books!
 Sylph.Taruranto
Server: Sylph
user: Tarlant
By Sylph.Taruranto 2016-11-13 05:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone having the same problem? Ever since I came back Ambu NPC names changed to... NPC.

I asked in around and everyone else sees him with the old name.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-11-13 06:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that a thing that sometimes happen from Windower plugins derping something?
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2016-11-14 11:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Any information on Ambuscade this month? Is it just easy enough that people aren't posting many strats?

Can a RUN tank intense VD? Just Battuta during Hundred Fists? Any other information?

What's a good setup/things to look for?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-14 12:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutrax said: »
Any information on Ambuscade this month? Is it just easy enough that people aren't posting many strats?

Can a RUN tank intense VD? Just Battuta during Hundred Fists? Any other information?

aoe physical and magic ws remove the aura on intense, which also removes DT, they get reapplied frequently so best to have 2 dd dedicated to aoe physical and aoe magic while the remainder of the party focuses on damage if doing a melee setup

triple death MB with RUN GEO SCH BLM BLM BLM can drop megaboss before he gets a chance to put aura up(~15s after pull) and make it pretty easy.. but obviously not an easy setup to field if you're limited to PUG
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-11-15 01:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutrax said: »

Like Comeatmebro said, spamming AoE WS is key. Have some DDs dedicated to magical and physical AoE WS. Tank WHM GEO DDx3 party setup works well.

As far as tanking, I have done many runs as RUN on D without much issue. I assume VD is basically the same idea though I haven't personally done it. RUN spam JAs for hate (before engage is good, because Legion zone hate), especially AoE stuff. I used 3x Tenebrae runes, Battuta before HF. I used /WAR for Defender/Voke/Warcry enmity (and was fine holding hate with good DDs), though I'm sure some other subs like /BLU for enmity generation would be fine too. /NIN won't be great, too many mobs beating on you to try to blink tank.

Tank should grab the big NM after buffs and pull back ALL THE WAY to the starting corner, like, even above the little ridge on the ground if you can (sometimes the floor doesn't cooperate nicely though) and back yourself right into the corner. Try to line up the mobs/adds so the AoE people can hit em all. Hate is shared from big NM and its adds. Kill the big guy, then pick off the adds.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-11-19 18:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

would bst pet aeo be any good for this months ambu? Getting rdy to come back soon.