Random Politics & Religion #13

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #13
Random Politics & Religion #13
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 37 38 39
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-21 21:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The media, reporting on what he said, made Trump. The media, reporting on what he said, are destroying Trump.

The media giveth and the media taketh away.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-21 21:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooo.... Paged!

[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-10-21 21:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The Madea, you say?

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-21 22:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Interesting. In the two possible ways my question could be taken you chose the negative path and addressed it fully while ignoring the neutral path. I'm not attacking you with that question, there is no need to be defensive. I'll use bold to clarify.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
For example, the GOP have been using the scapegoat of the liberal mass media for years

It's just that now Trump has lured the media so far out of their caves that there are no longer any grounds for denying their bias.

Sorry, I recognized after the fact that my tone was harsher than intended.

Anywho, the point was that media bias was always present, but it was often much more subtle when it came to the major players (aside from Fox, MSNBC). Now they're all in the tank, largely for Clinton, and I think Trump is the major reason.
Garuda.Chanti said: »
The media, reporting on what he said, made Trump. The media, reporting on what he said, are destroying Trump.

The media giveth and the media taketh away.

Sure, they're reporting on what he says, but they're overreporting and not giving equal time to each candidate's flaws. Sure, Trump has some legitimate gaffes, but they're also turning the most insignificant, minor comments into headline news.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-22 22:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Project MK Ultra the government is watching you !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2016-10-22 23:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's ask a woman what she thinks of Hillary:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-10-24 00:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
French authorities will Monday begin clearing "The Jungle," the makeshift refugee camp at Calais, giving the thousands of people living there the option to seek asylum in France or to return to their country of origin.
The plan is to have the camp completely torn down by December, according to the French Ministry of the Interior.

Some 6,900 people, more than 1,200 of them children, live in the sprawling encampment, a jumble of squalid tents and temporary shelters near the northern French port town.
On Sunday, foot patrols of volunteers will distribute flyers explaining that the camp is to close, and outlining the two options open to them: seek asylum in France and be relocated within the country or return to their country of origin.

Authorities say residents of the Jungle will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning Monday at 8am, local time.
A large police presence will be on hand to prevent crowd problems; more than 1,250 officers have been mobilized for the first three days of the eviction operation.
Most of those living in the camp are from sub-Saharan Africa -- Sudan, Eritrea and Ethiopia -- and Afghanistan; they have spent months or even years there in the hope of reaching the UK, some 30 miles away across the English Channel. Refugees from war torn Iraq and Syria have also set up temporary homes in the Jungle.

Those who choose to apply for asylum will be offered the choice of two French regions; they will be taken to the location they choose by bus almost immediately and offered temporary accommodation in a shelter while their claim is processed.
Up to 60 buses are expected to leave the camp on Monday, with dozens of further departures through the week.
Special provisions are to be made for unaccompanied minors.
The evacuation operation is expected to last a week, but a ministry spokesman told CNN: "If it takes more time so be it. We have all the time in the world."

Anyone who opts to go home will be taken there by plane.
Jungle inhabitants who have already sought asylum elsewhere within the European Union will be returned to that country while their application is dealt with.
Cleaners are expected to begin work at the site on Tuesday, expanding their "cleaning zone" as the evacuation proceeds.

The announcement comes days after a court challenge to halt the demolition of the camp failed.
At a press briefing in Geneva earlier this week, UNHCR spokesperson Adrian Edwards said the closure was welcomed, as long as the French government provided a suitable solution for the displaced. He noted that the lives of children would be particularly at risk during the demolition.
"This is important so that children don't move on to other destinations and risk becoming exploited by human traffickers or end up living on the streets without any support," he said. "Strengthened measures must be taken to reunite children with relatives in Europe."

The UN says 200 of the unaccompanied children in Calais have been identified as having family links to the UK; the British government has pledged to offer them a home, but only a handful have so far been taken to the UK.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-24 04:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

From McKinnon in SNL third debate

"Between the two of us who do you trust to be president: the republican, or Donald Trump?"

made me laff.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Exodus
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Putin On'the'ritz 2016-10-24 05:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
The Madea, you say?

Tyler Perry's Global Liberal Conspiracy
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-24 09:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Proof that Eric Trump is even more clueless than his dad:

Close up of the Tshirt:

Quote:
At rally for Donald Trump Friday, the nominee’s son Eric Trump and his wife, Lara, posed for a photo with a young woman wearing a shirt that said “Latina contra Trump.”
HuffPo Linky
By eliroo 2016-10-24 09:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy he doesn't know Spanish, what a clueless idiot.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 09:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-24 09:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

On a more election related note:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/where-do-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-stand-on-the-at-t-merger/

Quote:
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton expressed skepticism over the weekend about the announced AT&T deal to buy Time Warner for $85.4 billion.

Speaking to his supporters Saturday about the merger of the media companies, the GOP presidential nominee said it would result in too much concentration of power.

“As an example of the power structure I’m fighting, AT&T is buying Time Warner and thus CNN, a deal we will not approve in my administration because it’s too much concentration of power in the hands of too few,” he said in a speech in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.

Trump’s senior economic adviser, Peter Navarro, also released a statement Sunday about the campaign’s position.

“Donald Trump will break up the new media conglomerate oligopolies that have gained enormous control over our information, intrude into our personal lives, and in this election, are attempting to unduly influence America’s political process,” Navarro said.

Clinton’s vice presidential running mate Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Virginia was asked about the merger on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday and whether he’s similarly skeptical.

“I share the concerns and questions,” Kaine said. “We have to get to the bottom of them.”

Kaine said that “pro-competition” and “less concentration” are generally helpful, especially when it comes to media.

Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon was also asked for the campaign’s reaction to the deal and pointed mainly to Kaine’s remarks.

He also added that, “In general, we think that marketplace competition is a good and healthy thing for consumers and so there’s a number of questions and concerns that arise in that vein about this announced deal but there’s still a lot of information that needs to come out before, before any conclusions should be reached. Certainly, [Clinton] thinks that regulators should scrutinize it closely.”

Trumps weakness and strength is displayed here as he isn't afraid to speak his mind while the Clinton campaign seems to be skirting the issue.
By eliroo 2016-10-24 09:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 09:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Trumps weakness and strength is displayed here as he isn't afraid to speak his mind while the Clinton campaign seems to be skirting the issue.

Related to both of their personal interests, really. They're both acting in their own best interests, consistent with their respective histories.

Trump v. media started long before he ever had any serious political aspirations.
By eliroo 2016-10-24 09:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Related to both of their personal interests, really. They're both acting in their own best interests, consistent with their respective histories.

Trump v. media started long before he ever had any serious political aspirations.

Very true but that is how politics seem to work now. Trumps battle with the media may very well produce favorable results for us. Some arguments similarly apply to Clinton of course.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 09:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Trumps battle with the media may very well produce favorable results for us.

Maybe. I doubt it.

I'm not a fan of this merger, but Donald doesn't really care about the far-reaching implications of the merger on consumers. He just knows he wants a weaker, toothless media that he can cow with lawsuits.
By fonewear 2016-10-24 09:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Proof that Eric Trump is even more clueless than his dad:

Close up of the Tshirt:

Quote:
At rally for Donald Trump Friday, the nominee’s son Eric Trump and his wife, Lara, posed for a photo with a young woman wearing a shirt that said “Latina contra Trump.”
HuffPo Linky

You are just jealous the Latinos don't love you!
By fonewear 2016-10-24 10:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also we have rules Chanti Huff Post links are immediately discredited and cast aside just like the infowars links !
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-24 10:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Trumps battle with the media may very well produce favorable results for us.

Maybe. I doubt it.

I'm not a fan of this merger, but Donald doesn't really care about the far-reaching implications of the merger on consumers. He just knows he wants a weaker, toothless media that he can cow with lawsuits.

Potentially but it is a lot better if something is done then if its ignored like the Clinton and Obama campaigns are doing. I also find it very strange that the democrats aren't doing anything about this. Isn't government interference in the free market a liberal idea?
By Ramyrez 2016-10-24 10:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't government interference in the free market a liberal idea?

No, that's what the right enjoys pitching it as to put it in a negative light.

the NBC-Comcast merger was allowed with many, many caveats and regulations in place. I suspect this one has to follow all those same regulations and then some to provide at least a modicum of consumer protections and to allow for competition, at least in theory...

I personally would like to have seen them both shot down in the first place, but I digress.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-24 10:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It'a a fairly complex issue going back to the bell breakup...

breakup of ma bell
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-24 11:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't government interference in the free market a liberal idea?

No, that's what the right enjoys pitching it as to put it in a negative light.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe the way I worded it made it sound like I was demonizing it. I full well think that the government should get involved when a potential monopoly is formed. It was things like this AT&T merger that Obama was supposed to end. If we don't regulate those in power then our democracy will fall apart anyway.

I feel like after this election whether Trump wins or lose(more likely) we will be looking at a shift in parties again in terms of their economical stances. It seems like the democrats are able to get away with anything as long as they continue to push their civil rights objectives.
By eliroo 2016-10-24 11:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
It'a a fairly complex issue going back to the bell breakup...

breakup of ma bell

Complex but argumentatively better for our society in general.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-24 12:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A leaked Podesta email contains an attachment with very specific instructions on how to manipulate polling so that certain groups are oversampled, thus skewing media polling to benefit Democrats.

Quote:
Hey, when can we meet? I also want to get your Atlas folks to recommend oversamples for our polling before we start in February. By market, regions, etc. I want to get this all compiled into one set of recommendations so we can maximize what we get out of our media polling.

Oops.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 37 38 39