Game: FFXI
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-11 00:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Asura.Thorva said: »
Flamma Zucchetto +1
DEF:118 HP+80 MP+20 STR+32 DEX+28 VIT+24 AGI+16 INT+12 MND+12 CHR+12 Accuracy+38 Magic Accuracy+38 Evasion+49 Magic Evasion+53 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+4% "Triple Attack"+4% "Store TP"+5

Flamma Gambieras +1
DEF:88 HP+40 MP+10 STR+27 DEX+30 VIT+20 AGI+26 MND+6 CHR+20 Accuracy+36 Magic Accuracy+36 Evasion+74 Magic Evasion+86 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+2% "Double Attack"+5% "Store TP"+5

Both of those look like solid TP pieces.

Lose out on a lot of acc, sTP and haste from augment gear though.
It saves you from playing the slot machine that is augmenting. Haste is not an issue since all those jobs are on the Iosekha Belt.

Would be just undercap even with hq belt, but hardly noticeable with right buffs. A great set for new/returning players no doubt, but eventually it will be to the lotto with random augments.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 00:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just realized something else about the set...

With that much Magic Accuracy it could well be best in slot for Leg Sweep and Tachi: Hobaku. Leg Sweep in particular is unusually powerful with it's Stun effect so this only makes it more powerful.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-10-11 00:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Something to note, they removed the AA TT, HM and MR trusts. Probably unintentionally.

how dare they remove a tarutaru!?!?!!!!!!
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 00:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Flamma Zucchetto +1
DEF:118 HP+80 MP+20 STR+32 DEX+28 VIT+24 AGI+16 INT+12 MND+12 CHR+12 Accuracy+38 Magic Accuracy+38 Evasion+49 Magic Evasion+53 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+4% "Triple Attack"+4% "Store TP"+5

Flamma Gambieras +1
DEF:88 HP+40 MP+10 STR+27 DEX+30 VIT+20 AGI+26 MND+6 CHR+20 Accuracy+36 Magic Accuracy+36 Evasion+74 Magic Evasion+86 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+2% "Double Attack"+5% "Store TP"+5

It saves you from playing the slot machine that is augmenting. Haste is not an issue since all those jobs are on the Iosekha Belt.

Would be just undercap even with hq belt, but hardly noticeable with right buffs. A great set for new/returning players no doubt, but eventually it will be to the lotto with random augments.
If someone is seriously considering using all pieces of the set just because then I don't know what to say.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-11 00:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing happened with Sulevia. People just don't know what they're doing.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-11 00:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Flamma Zucchetto +1

Flamma Gambieras +1

If someone is seriously considering using all pieces of the set just because then I don't know what to say.

Don't think anyone was making that statement as a full time option. I was just bouncing off what you mentioned.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-10-11 00:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Flamma Zucchetto +1

Flamma Gambieras +1

Don't think anyone was making that statement as a full time option. I was just bouncing off what you mentioned.

for ppl that are jsut returning, or just starting a job, or simply like the game but dont have a lot of time, sets like these have there there place. - Mean while the rest will pick the numbers apart'
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-11 01:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, while it's not meant for 5/5 (none of the sets are), I'd rather see a returning player 5/5 it and have pretty good damage output than miss at maximum speed.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-10-11 01:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Check Version is up.

[Edit: Everything's mined and shipped off to Scragg for upload.]
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-11 01:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Dat Macc?

Possibly not useless for DRK Aspir/Drain Stun and whatnot? I'm pretty clueless on DRK gear though, so I could definitely be off base.

As for Flamma set, from a SAM perspective... I'm a bit behind the times as I haven't touched my SAM much in the past half a year or so. Seems like head is a winner for sure though and will go in my TP set, and maybe hands/feet (esp feet) as pretty solid Acc TP gear?

Gear haste is fine, assuming:
NQ Ioskeha Belt (7%)
Empy legs (5%)
Valor or Flamma+1 hands (4%)
Empy/Valor body (3%)

Looking at Haste+25% using Flamma+1 head (4%) and feet (2%), or 26% with HQ belt (LOLyeahright I know) or Valor feet. Seems reasonable.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-11 01:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp Orobon has AoE charm.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-11 01:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »

Yeah, while it's not meant for 5/5 (none of the sets are), I'd rather see a returning player 5/5 it and have pretty good damage output than miss at maximum speed.

I agree, as I sad loss of haste in gear with right buffs will be hardly noticable. Wouldn't be half bad to help them get moving.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-11 01:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Attunement/Vex or pet job time I guess, unless parties can consistently smash the lantern.

The strategy might just end up being Attunement/Vex until lantern breaks, then Fury/Frailty and melt it.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-11 01:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »

Attunement/Vex or pet job time I guess, unless parties can consistently smash the lantern.

The strategy might just end up being Attunement/Vex until lantern breaks, then Fury/Frailty and melt it.

Charm resist sets/fealty and ranged dmg is also an option.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-11 01:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »

I mean, we haven't actually fought the thing yet either. Might be some sort of gimmick to beat charm.

Or could be something like mages out of AoE range for damage with a PUP tank (maybe ideal) or RUN if able to resist charm (hopefully without needing both of Vex/Attune).
By Calinari 2016-10-11 01:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll still be bluzerg maybe throw a headbutt in.

Or the ever popular immanence burst.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-11 01:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If the orobon shares mechanics with previous NMs, crit WSs can break the lanterns and lock the charm. Prepare for the BLUs.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 01:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be that the Intense isn't as bad this month and is actually viable to spam.
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-11 01:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
If the orobon shares mechanics with previous NMs, crit WSs can break the lanterns and lock the charm. Prepare for the BLUs.

Living in a world full of blus, we are prepared.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-11 01:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
If the orobon shares mechanics with previous NMs, crit WSs can break the lanterns and lock the charm.

Can't necessarily assume that's the case though. Delve Orobon did have that mechanic, but the last Orobon NM we got (Kamohoalii) didn't work that way, and IIRC neither did Cirein-croin. But yeah, it's certainly a reasonable possibility. I'd guess there's probably gonna be some way to eliminate the lanterns though...
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 01:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd laugh if they made this Oboron different to others in that his lanterns could not be broken.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-11 01:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd laugh if they made this Oboron different to others in that his lanterns could not be broken.

Would be no big deal really. PUP RUN tanks, Vex/Attune, ranged damage... plenty of setups that could handle that.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-11 01:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Living in a world full of blus, we are prepared.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Calinari 2016-10-11 01:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jamal doesnt give quest for AAEV QQ

It should be the same req's as GK but it's not

Zone and come back... and he gives it... wtf.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-11 02:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

run should be able to resist charms on this via pfulg (feet) and runes. And there's a handful of gear for it too.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-11 02:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »
Jamal doesnt give quest for AAEV QQ

It should be the same req's as GK but it's not

Zone and come back... and he gives it... wtf.

If you haven't spoken to him since beating AA GK then yeah, need to get his dialogue about that, zone, then talk to him again for the AA EV RoE
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-11 02:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
run should be able to resist charms on this via pfulg (feet) and runes. And there's a handful of gear for it too.

Not to knock RUN at all (I like RUN!) but should be able also means sometimes won't (vs pld which is probably won't, lol). Could be pretty lame for spambuscade.

Prot said it has AoE charm, so even if the tank resists, what's that mean for the melee/bsts (since they have be close at least sometimes).

(Haven't done it, don't know what's stunnable)

So is it back to mage jobs? (That's fine if so, the last several have sucked for mage jobs)

Antlion was probably my favorite. Like most other content in the game, you don't really mix your party setup. Still, melee and mage both worked extremely well (mage was better imo).

It's also funny that they go from gnole which was the closest thing this game has ever had to a dps-target-dummy to something with annoying mechanics.
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-11 02:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just cleared Vol. 2 on VD, my observations.

- NM has VERY HIGH Regain, spams TP moves back-to-back throughout the entire fight.
- Lanterns CAN NOT BE BROKEN. Three BLU spamming CDC were unable to break it.
- NM has access to a unique TP move, Bewitching Lantern, which is an AoE Charm and puts a Crab costume on everyone who gets Charmed.
- Bewitching Lantern charmed three people, completely bypassed Vex and Attunement from an Idris GEO using Bolster.
- NM has a high amount of DT-%.

Just attempted Vol. 1 on N, my observations.

- We only got it to 87% before it pulled out a unique TP move, Quenching Hammer, which one shot three DD (again ignored Vex and Attunement) and reduced everyone's MP to 0.
- Keep in mind this was on NORMAL. VD will be even worse.
- He did not spawn adds, but he probably will when he gets to lower HP.

Both Vol. for this month seem to heavily favor pet jobs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-10-11 02:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
What else do you expect, some kind of god tier DD set that trashes people's hundred million HQs? :S

Nope, not expecting that, but I'd expect something useful to my friends acct(s) who hasnt played in 3 yrs. (head looks useful atleast)

Is the Orobon in Ambuscade stunnable?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-10-11 02:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just cleared Vol. 2 on VD, my observations.

- Lanterns CAN NOT BE BROKEN. Three BLU spamming CDC were unable to break it.

Um... that doesn't prove they can't be broken. Just that it doesn't seem crit WS are the trick. Anybody try magic bursts or mage damage? Anyway, I could enjoy PUP tanking this month...

On a different note, got AAEV. So far seen her use:
- Flash
- Sentinel
- Reprisal
- Palisade
- Divine Emblem
- Enlight
- Vorpal Blade
- Arrogance Incarnate

She doesn't seem to hold hate all that well when Sentinel isn't up. PUP/WAR just auto-attacking was able to take hate. Doesn't seem like she's gonna replace August (or Amchuchu for RUN-friendly stuff).
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12