Random Politics & Religion #11

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 74 75 76
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-30 10:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I'm not sure they reach that threshold... /checks with a toothpick

I suspect he put too low of a wattage bulb in his Easy bake oven....

better than who knows what or hillary easy money clinton.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-30 10:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
People who are voting for Clinton because she is a female are sexist also.

Like how people who voted for Obama because he was black are racists.

There's a lot of bitterness buried below these words, and I'm not entirely sure if it's conscious on your part or not. Either way, it's a major part of the problem with the way we approach these topics in this country.

For instance, I'm not really a fan of affirmative action, but at the same time, it's not a racist program as much as an imperfect response to racism. Same idea with what you're saying. But what you're saying is echoed by a lot of people who, again, consciously or otherwise...are really bitter and directing it at the wrong place.
Maybe I'm tired of being accused of being a racist and now a sexist because I don't support the democrat party.

Hell, I have been accused of being a racist here, and the only thing people know about the real me is that I don't support Obama.

But people who make those accusations, consciously or not, fail to understand that racism isn't just a white against black thing. Racism also occurs when blacks go against whites because they are white. Or African Americans goes against Latinos, or Asians, or Russians, or Italians, because they are different than they are. Or <insert racial group> goes against <insert racial group> for <color of one's skin or ethnicity of one's background>.

I am not a racist. I know I'm not a racist. But I'm constantly accused of being one just because I'm white and a Republican. Evidence is provided by Candlejack and, when he posts racial annotations, Sparthosx. All because I (in Candlejack's case) am Republican or (in Sparthosx's case) don't share his viewpoint.

And now I'm being accused of sexism for the exact same reason (by Candlejack).

So yes, there is bitterness in those words. You would have the same level and kind of bitterness if you have been accused constantly, and for all the wrong reasons, of being something you are not for so long.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-30 10:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
better than who knows what or hillary easy money clinton.

trump will be more fun! vote for him!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 10:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

(by Candlejack).

Yeah, well, don't take everything he says too seriously. Even when I agree with him I don't because he uses all the silly internet words that drive me nuts. Just discount him the same way I do anyone who uses words like "libtard."

I don't think you're blatantly or consciously sexist or racist. I do think you've got some blind spots for some of the more insidious aspects of racist and sexism in our country. And I think that, given I accept the things you say about yourself at face value, you've led a life blissfully absent of the adversity faced by our society's more disadvantaged citizens, and it's given you an incomplete picture of the lay of the land on these topics.

To which you could rightfully counter perhaps I have the same flaws viewing the upper class/high-end earners in the country, because I myself am living at the "richest" I've ever experienced in my life in the upper middle class.

...the fact that I'm upper middle class by current standards was actually sort of a jarring realization, too, when I first realized it.
By eliroo 2016-09-30 10:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
eliroo said: »
No one is here denying his insider trading, scummy business practices or other illegal behaviors.
Funny to see who puts likes on certain comments sometimes.

Well when a comment contains a lot of points, sometimes you just like one point and not all of the points.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I'm honestly all for evidence against Hillary, even if it is non-conclusive. I don't accept their allegations as truth but the information presented can help lead to the truth. There is a lot of grey areas in the case against her and obvious political corruption. I don't think we will ever get a definitive proof because of the political power she commands.
I assume you keep generalizing to avoid talking about the specific case here. There's nothing to it. You're not being objective by entertaining baseless accusations. You're being gullible.

Remember when you talked about how we should be talking about real issues (not silly things like civil equality). How exactly does this fit into that? I would be nice to discuss actual platforms but the Republican candidate doesn't have anything beyond half-baked ideas so that's kinda out the window.

I'm not talking about the case here, I am being very general and that is the point I am trying to make. In this incident it may be coincidence, but it could also be a pattern. Denying either possibility is just as ignorant in an investigation. A Detective doesn't rule out something because he doesn't have enough information, he rules it once the information he has disproves it.

Also, let me be a little more clear (Since I wasn't before), It isn't that I don't think civil equality isn't important, I think that it currently isn't an issue. At best case, it is an overblown issue. If for whatever reasons Trump gets elected and fills the Supreme Court with Radical right judges and then they make gay marriage illegal then I will eat my shoe or something, leaving the "or something" there because I don't think eating my shoe will be healthy at all.

I'm also not entirely deny that, that is a possibility but it is a much slimmer possibility that shouldn't be the focus around the presidential candidacy. I don't think Miss Piggy should be a part of it either. I do agree that Trump's unethical business practices should in the same way that Hillary's potential corruption should.

What makes this whole situation harder is that we can't truly trust either candidates platform since they all pander. To an extent, we can trust Hillarys a bit more but only for the things she has voted for/against. Like we can't take her platform on the TPP currently as any form of truth.
By eliroo 2016-09-30 10:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
There's always Gary Johnson!
And his senior Alepo moments.

Say what you want about him, but he was incredibly candid and honest about that whole situation which is far more than the other two current candidates are showing.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-30 10:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

(by Candlejack).

Yeah, well, don't take everything he says too seriously. Even when I agree with him I don't because he uses all the silly internet words that drive me nuts. Just discount him the same way I do anyone who uses words like "libtard."

I don't think you're blatantly or consciously sexist or racist. I do think you've got some blind spots for some of the more insidious aspects of racist and sexism in our country. And I think that, given I accept the things you say about yourself at face value, you've led a life blissfully absent of the adversity faced by our society's more disadvantaged citizens, and it's given you an incomplete picture of the lay of the land on these topics.

To which you could rightfully counter perhaps I have the same flaws viewing the upper class/high-end earners in the country, because I myself am living at the "richest" I've ever experienced in my life in the upper middle class.

...the fact that I'm upper middle class by current standards was actually sort of a jarring realization, too, when I first realized it.
I know that I cannot know everything about everything in the world. I know that, given my upbringing, my way of life, and how I perceive it, that I don't know the harsh reality of racism seen by those who live in that situation time and again. It still baffles me why people stay in that situation, and the methods they use to fight against it (very counterproductive and not only hurting their message, but causing ideals to be skewed in a way that it's perceived that they want to be the top dog, the bully on the playground, the very evil they condemn) are horrendous at best.

I accepted my limitations, but at the same time, I know who I am and what I do. I am not racist. At all. Ever. And you just indirectly called me racist. You just pulled a Clinton deplorables accusation because, the only thing really that you know about me is that I don't agree with your viewpoints. Which I admitted that I don't know it all.

But honestly, not one person in this country, no matter what they say, has a complete picture of how people live in this country. You accused me of not having it, I will admit that I don't. Will you admit that you also don't, and that you don't truly know if I'm racist/sexist before you make, directly or indirectly, those labels on me next time?

I mean, have I even shown evidence that I'm either of those things? If so, can you prove it?
By fonewear 2016-09-30 11:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama told me he ended racism in 2008. I don't know what you guys are going on ab out !
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-30 11:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Obama told me he ended racism in 2008. I don't know what you guys are going on ab out !

Your right no excuses anymore
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 11:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I know who I am and what I do. I am not racist. At all. Ever.

No, you know that you do not consciously hate people just because they're black.

You don't -- and by definition, cannot -- realize when you are subconsciously and/or unknowingly endorsing racist thoughts or cultural norms because they're not racist to you, they're merely the way things are.

It's Not About Race

Good article that touches on this a bit.
By fonewear 2016-09-30 11:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I do enjoy people on the internet telling me that I'm racist that is pretty rich !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-30 11:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I do enjoy people on the internet telling me that I'm racist that is pretty rich !

yeah I just embrace the evil rather than argue about it....
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-30 11:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but you're totally racist towards People of the Internet.
By fonewear 2016-09-30 11:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well according to this video: I'm insane

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 11:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Good article
I disagree. It starts with some good foundations but then it just drifts off. Being well written makes it appear good but the content is not exactly a philosopher's work.
By eliroo 2016-09-30 11:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you know that you do not consciously hate people just because they're black.

You don't -- and by definition, cannot -- realize when you are subconsciously and/or unknowingly endorsing racist thoughts or cultural norms because they're not racist to you, they're merely the way things are.

It's Not About Race

It's Not About Race

That article is terrible and incredibly sensationalist.

US Society has gone a long way to where Racism is mostly extinct.

There are a few bigots sure, but Racism isn't a bigger issue.

You know it isn't an issue when we have to sensationalize to make it a problem. Or when we have to blur the lines of stereotyping and Racism.

The crazy thing about this article is you could easily take the same logic and compare it to how blacks think of whites and come up with a strong argument for racism. Even then, that is still sensationalizing everything.
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Good article
I disagree. It starts with some good foundations but then it just drifts off. Being well written makes it appear good but the content is not exactly a philosopher's work.

Not, it's not. It's the experience of one man with anecdotal tales of his own experiences and those of fellow black people with whom he's spoken on the topic.

But that's sort of the point, isn't it?

We're not talking about theory and philosophy. We're talking about the experience of being black in America and the inherent societal and cultural obstacles that come with that experience.
By eliroo 2016-09-30 12:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Good article

Not, it's not. It's the experience of one man with anecdotal tales of his own experiences and those of fellow black people with whom he's spoken on the topic.

We're not talking about theory and philosophy. We're talking about the experience of being black in America and the inherent societal and cultural obstacles that come with that experience.

Your experience will be entirely different based on your outlook and conditioning though, which is part of the problem.
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 12:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is such a problem.

People act like because obvious KKK-type racism is drying up that it's over. It's done with. We can forget about it; it's in the past!

Maybe it's not racism anymore. Maybe it's simply what we expect as a cultural norm and are saying "conform or accept our ire."

Which...I guess is fine. In some fashion or another. But it's not really in the spirit of American liberties, is it? In fact it's downright draconian and authoritarian.
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 12:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Your experience will be entirely different based on your outlook and conditioning though, which is part of the problem.

Yes. It will be.

Which is why you just validated the article despite calling it awful...
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-30 12:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Listen racism is rediculous and blown way out of proportion and taken way to advantaged of by multiple " ethnic groups ".

The Truth is there is no way possible to prevent a human being from hating something or someone. Where we get the perception that if you hate one thing you hate everything like that which is the classic example of people taking advantage of someone else to try to make the argument weak for the one who hates. Let me remind you the term racism is a made up word by Leon Trotski in 1927.

Just because you disagree or hate someone you met who is European or african or Hispanic or Asian does not mean you hate every single one and does not make you a racist i could reference Jews but i am not talking about religion and that religion abuses the ***out of the word racist. .

Face the Truth we human beings can be *** to one another we can also be nice to one another. We have the option to coexist or destroy one another. It mutually benefits us all to do the former. No one wants devastation.

The choice is a personal one we make every day we wake up which can change at any moment for any social engagement with society as a whole.

It's simple.

Do you want to be a *** at this very moment or do you want to be nice this very moment.

That's all

Best wishes to everyone in this endeavour.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-30 12:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Good article

It's the same issue regarding people not acknowledging that there is a problem.

Like people who use the faulty logic of "why should we care about the police using excessive force in interactions with black people since black on black crime statistically occurs more often"

Then wonder why when they get informed that, that type of justification of infractions of the color of law is racist.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 12:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

*random provocative video*

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-30 12:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That article is terrible and incredibly sensationalist.

You know it isn't an issue when we have to sensationalize to make it a problem. Or when we have to blur the lines of stereotyping and Racism.

The crazy thing about this article is you could easily take the same logic and compare it to how blacks think of whites and come up with a strong argument for racism. Even then, that is still sensationalizing everything.
Privileged-like typing detected
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-30 12:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you that think racism is on its last dregs and has almost been beaten out of America then to you I say that you have your eyes closed... About the only thing we have done is made it less socially acceptable in general audiences for it to be spoken aloud... While things are definitely better than they were it's still not great...

I will admit the term racism does get thrown around in some situations it doesn't belong in it by far does not mean that it's just a tool of of culture...
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-30 12:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

*random provocative video*

In his comment on the genius visa H1B and 50% foreign born or 100 % of visa geniuses are foreign born here's the factor.

Those foreign born are not poisoned by Fluoride or Vaccines since birth. Like we do here to our populations in the US.

We purposely destroy our intelligence in our future generations by *** up their development with chemicals and poisons that are outlawed in Most countries except for the good old USA.

The hope for making our nation smarter and competing with the rest of the world started to end back when the human eugenics programs started up by the nazi's and then were introduce to America by the Rockefellers.

Now do you realize at why Americans are so docile and let their government take advantage of them and get away without a worry at all ?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-30 12:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-30 12:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemophobia
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-30 12:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tool of PC culture..
By Ramyrez 2016-09-30 12:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Oh Jesus don't post that. He's going to love it because he doesn't understand satire.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 74 75 76