Great Achievements of the 75 era
First Page 2
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-23 22:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What are some of the most memorable solo achievements of the 75 era.

This is 75 era. Even before the ACA, ACP, MKE add-ons.

What was even considered a great solo achievement, what solos weren't considered great?

Were they a test of skill?

Sky God's a test of skill?
Added poll, there was mention of Sky God solos not being a test of skill. Not on here, but in game. Again, we are talking up to 2007. Before level-sync, before exp books, any of that.

Maat a Test of skill?

Links fixed
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2016-07-23 22:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Alliance wise, being able to kill PW and AV was a pretty huge deal. Early on, Kirin, KB, Nidhogg were impressive, as were Tiamat, Jorm, and Vrtra - but like anything, they were less of a big deal as time passed. Even Dynamis Lord was a big deal at one time.

Basically, it boiled down to being able to claim, and getting drops.

The 75 era spanned a very long time, so things that were impressive at one point (sky gods, Byakko's Haidate) eventually became "lulz", as in "you're a scrub, you're still up in sky farming Ullikummi".

The apex of level 75 challenges were AV and PW though. Everything that followed them up until Abyssea was mostly shitty filler content, specifically WotG stuff.

As for soloing, the best I can remember is Avesta soloing sky gods on RDM. I don't think anyone was tackling things more significant that that.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-07-23 22:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We cannot forget the knowledge Kaeko brought to the community and the power he unleashed in very low-man/solo situations. I believe he mastered the Salvage/Sea Jailers/Limbus solos and created the science of BLM and SCH Soloing at lvl 75. I am not sure if he did his highlight solos post 75+.

I always enjoyed his guides/blogs while playing BLM main during HNM Era.

He still has it up:
http://kanican.livejournal.com/
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-23 22:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when we got our last bit of NMs in the 75 era.

NM guide.

Also, soloing Canal Moocher and Brazen Bones for said guide.

Edit: Oh god, soloing Brazen brings back some fun memories of SMN75!
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-07-23 22:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Good Ol Days

(did you know you can summon Trusts on a MAAT FIGHT nowdays ?)

Well back in the day, Maat was a True TEST of skills.

Simple thing like Maat Fight was a HUGE Achievement for some.

Unlike nowdays.........
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-23 23:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did my first Maat fight on RDM in around 4 minutes I believe. I remember people saying at the time that it was one of the harder fights, but all I remember doing is drinking yagudo drinks using ethers and chainspell nuking.

Was able to get RDM up to 70 before abyssea came out and people figured out abyssea leveling.

Duoed most of CoP and Aht Urghan story with me as RDM and my old buddy as SMN; he did more of the work obviously, I think I mostly just cast refresh haha.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-23 23:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember my first Maat fight, was smn lvl 66 with waaaaay under capped skills, was not nearly as easy as those strat guides said it would be.
Again, I was 4 levels lower, went in with gear on, and skills being in the 150-180 range. Was a bad idea, but I won first try.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-23 23:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

First Maat - 5 seconds - THF with stealgear - Steal - succes.

Unno my greatest achievement - i had a good time in 75 era with all the stuff i did ingamewise.

I think a great achievement is to play still after seeing how 75 era was and how your dear Leader run off with LS bank or told you to pass on the A. Abjuration Body because the girlfriend of the month wants it >:D
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-07-23 23:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

domaru
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-07-23 23:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

1st Account did on SAM :

Maat Glitched and started off with "Meikyo" > "Hundread Fists" > WS > WS > Skillchain > 1 punch > I died ><

then 2nd try did fine with "Opo-opo Necklace" + Sleep pots

this Account did on MNK:

1/17 ><

Kept getting pwned at end til Kyumo and Neocloud helped me get Destroyers lvl 72 , new Testimony and teach me how to "Counterstance" right at the end when he pops Hundread Fists !!!!

Then had to do Maat Fight for Friend on SMN ><

1/1 but was a bit Rough as I have no idea what to expect of it.

:D

Having MAAT's CAP back then does NOT Mean what having it today does.

Bakc then: SKILL

Today: Nothing better to do.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-07-23 23:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
First Maat - 5 seconds - THF with stealgear - Steal - succes.

Unno my greatest achievement - i had a good time in 75 era with all the stuff i did ingamewise.

I think a great achievement is to play still after seeing how 75 era was and how your dear Leader run off with LS bank or told you to pass on the A. Abjuration Body because the girlfriend of the month wants it >:D

Manthra* (The Male Transvestites of FFXI) of the month who role-played as females for benefits.. I saw it happen many times.. lol
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-24 00:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Final BC of ToAU.

Alexander and that *** of a BLU.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-24 00:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Manthra* (The Male Transvestites of FFXI) of the month who role-played as females for benefits.. I saw it happen many times.. lol

Thats a given - I dont wanna state the obvious over and over again :p
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-07-24 00:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

With the 75 cap, my greatest solo achievement was finding a party for my Samurai to level on colibri.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-24 00:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Greatest achievement:
3 man Jourm.
2 X PLD Aeg/Exc
1 x RDM
49 minute fight

2. Others greatest achievements: everything Avesta posted.

3. Memorable mentions:Solo'ing Serket as NIN/WHM and getting full drops while 50 other people watched and talked ***.
Darksaiko where you at hater?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-07-24 01:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess for me, it was killing Ark Angel GK 1v1 during Divine Might as WAR/nin. Everyone else was dealing with AA MR and AA Hume up the stairs and back in the entrance tunnel. I was on the stairs with AA GK. Not technically a solo at all, of course, but with just haste and shadows I negated his Meikyo Shisui, and killed him with no additional support before we wiped and reraised.

Other than that, all I can think of is after the 2handed update. Again, not a solo achievement. WAR has never really been able to solo, but in the final TOAU 44 fight against Alexander, I did a Mighty Strikes Steel Cyclone towards the end of the fight, because our healers were out of MP, and we were all going to die shortly. Alexander was at 13% We'd been saving TP to burst him down when he got low, so he couldn't stop us with PD or whatever he was supposed to do. It's been a long time, but my Steel Cyclone did like 1780 damage, and took him from 13% to 3%. We won because of that. Was a big deal, cause the fight had just come out recently, and most people were still confused about getting past Raubahn. That and it was a ***ton of damage. I loved the week that update dropped. I did all sorts of godly numbers with 2handed weapons.

Before he 2handed update, things like clearing 6-4 airship fight in a single try. 8-3 pots, basically most of the COP fights.

As for soloing, the craziest solo thing I think I ever did at 75 was soloing Shii on Darksday. That was after your set time frame though, since Dancer was a thing.

Duoing, me and a RDM friend duoed ZM16 as WAR/nin and Rdm/nin. Basically the same thing as Avesta soloing it, except I did all the melee work in the first phase, and made quick work of him. My friend was one of those backline RDMs, and we failed the first time. Second phase petrification, my friend had to invest in a nuking setup so he could Chainspell Blizz 3 him down fast enough. Think we did that in 08~early 09, but was definitely possible and doable prior to then.

Solos that have impressed me during the 75 era, that weren't Avesta, and I guess weren't really all that grand were just simple random people doing ***I found cool. Like some DRG solo Behemoth. Some NIN/dnc soloed Charybdis. I watched them both happen while camping lol. WAR can't do cool ***like that so, was always cool to see.

I guess another achievement of mine was that I capped all weapons that WAR could use, solo, in The Boyadha Tree. I went through a lot of Bloody Bolts, and it took forever, but I did it. I got 11/14 WSNMs before 2008. I didn't do Monk and Ranger until Abyssea, because I did not enjoy either of those jobs enough to level them prior to that.
[+]
By Trashboat 2016-07-24 01:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloing Genbu and Gration on RDM, and Hakutaku on BST, were a few solo accomplishments I was most proud of.
 Asura.Iuno
user: freyavp
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-24 02:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

my brother says his was "doing tenzen while COP was still capped with 2 noob summoners. it might not be the grandest, but it was the most memorable feeling."
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-24 02:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iuno said: »
my brother says his was "doing tenzen while COP was still capped with 2 noob summoners. it might not be the grandest, but it was the most memorable feeling."

Or the bomb fight.. god damn that bomb fight sucked with idiots.
 Odin.Pharaoh
Server: Odin
user: Farroh
By Odin.Pharaoh 2016-07-24 03:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

camping Nidhogg, he pops and a JP linkshell gets it. Zone was packed with 7-8 linshells. JP linkshell wipes at 1% and Nidhogg goes unclaimed. Everyone in the zone attempted to claim it. flashes went off, provoke, etc. instead of attempting to claim it, I had a NIN mule in the zone and 2hrs on it in attempt to kill it instead of claiming it. Nidhogg dies from my 2hr and got all the drops.
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-07-24 04:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Pharaoh said: »
camping Nidhogg, he pops and a JP linkshell gets it. Zone was packed with 7-8 linshells. JP linkshell wipes at 1% and Nidhogg goes unclaimed. Everyone in the zone attempted to claim it. flashes went off, provoke, etc. instead of attempting to claim it, I had a NIN mule in the zone and 2hrs on it in attempt to kill it instead of claiming it. Nidhogg dies from my 2hr and got all the drops.

Pics or it didnt happen.
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-24 06:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My very first dynamis windurst and dynamis bastok. I made so much gil compared to what I was used to. The LS leader had it very well planned and practiced, and let me come on RNG. I remember in Bastok, someone attacked a MNK. One of the mages slept it, but someone mistargeted it with a damage over time spell. It wiped almost the entire alliance with 100 fists and I couldn't stop laughing (the leader wasn't nearly as amused) but we recovered and I have a very fond memory of the time.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-24 07:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Pharaoh said: »
I did the exact same thing but with Faf. It didn't count as claim and I didn't get any drops.
By nyheen 2016-07-24 08:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

getting a job to 75 was a achievement it self.
a person with a Relic was a god!
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-07-24 09:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I was lvl 52ish, my LS leader was a 75 pld, his friend was a lvl 75 Dnc. His friend Soloed Sewer Syrup for me to get my Jelly Ring since at the time I was nothing but a no nothing noob and my Ls leader had died 3 times saving me. To this day greatest thing I have ever seen in game.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-24 09:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

simply reaching your first 75'
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-26 07:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Helping others experience different content while making new friends.

Still keeping at it
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mayulaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-07-26 13:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting a relic weapon, seconded by B.Haidate which itself took 2 years of doing sky 2x each week... ( 1x farm & 1x kills with no drops for like 12 weeks in a row -.-; )
By BlaTheTaru 2016-07-26 13:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I deleveled a lot.
[+]
First Page 2