Mog Bonanza, Whatcha Getting (5 Days Away)?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Bonanza, whatcha getting (5 days away)?
Mog Bonanza, whatcha getting (5 days away)?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-07-11 01:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Its maintenance and I am bored on my day off! What do you all plan to get from your wins this 15th?

here is my list, please shares your and a reason if youd like. Do not fight people, everyone has a reason for not getting 100m and sending me it (the only prize worth doing IMO ~.^)!

Rank 1: Idris (the gift that keeps on giving)
Rank 2: R. bronzepeice (easy 40m, or completes my rag)
Rank 3: Tatarus body (no reason to NOT get this unless you already have it, just for lockstyle its worth it even if you dont play the jobs:D)
Rank 4: O. Pell if theres some useful trust, I dont see any I am missing so it will have to be a crafters torque.
Rank 5: IDK... music?
By Boshi 2016-07-11 01:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Before ppl shred you apart:
Kupp shield rank 1 and 2 is the win.
By Nocki 2016-07-11 01:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 1 or 2 = Kupo Shield.
Kupo Shield + Crafting = Lots of gil made
Lots of gil = Idris or any dyna currency

With that said though, my friends and I all picked different last 3 digit numbers in an attempt to get shield one anyone we know this bonanza. Hoping for the best~
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 01:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

30 bonanza balls and then 30 inventory spaces. Same thing Moogle Clause brings me every time.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Conini
Server: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2016-07-11 02:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My usual disappointment that I get with (almost) every update/announcement that comes with this game.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-11 02:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done all of the Bonanzas, and I've only won rank 4 twice and rank 3 once. Don't really expect anything better this time around lol.
Either way:

Rank1: I seriously don't know. There's not really any RME that I want that I don't already own (except maybe Epeolatry). Especially considering how vexing the new 119v3 trial can be. Not really looking forward to farm or buy that stuff, would take a player like me ages, literally. Maybe Wailing Belt I suppose.

Rank2: Kupo Shield would be awesome but it's useless for Cooking and I'm not delevelling cooking to 70 to level something else to 110 and then spend 5+ months to farm the Guild Points. Plus I hate the crafting system in FFXI, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Soooo I dunno. Maybe a Bayld Crystal to get an Epeolatry, altough the 10k Beitetsu trial puts me off (see above), granted that Epeolatry is awesome even without the 119v3 trial done. Maybe Kupo Rod (get rid of weakness once every 20hrs) or the Kupo Mask (doubles duration of food once every 30 mins) could be nice to have.

Rank3: Think I would totally get Gyve Doublet.

Rank4: Uh... Mats kupon to convert into some mats to sell on AH, I guess?

Rank5: No clue. Maybe one of the skillup things I'm missing for collection purposes, only have 3 iir.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mayulaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-07-11 03:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Only did 2 first, won rank 1 @ 1st one ( i was one of the 56 total winners ) and took 100M which helped a LOT to upgrade my Mandau. ( it took me around 170M at the time iirc to fully upgrade excluding the loan )

Being very casual now, guess i'll go with a mythic or empyrean if get rank 1. But Lightning rarely strike twice... :D
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-11 05:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to get marbles, so lots and lots of regret.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-11 05:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the first bonanza that I don't participate in since I started playing in 2006 :(

I bet I would have won this time!!
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-07-11 10:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

nothing. I forgot to buy marbles as I was recovering from a car accident. :(
[+]
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Server: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-07-11 10:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I made an excel file of ten random numbers for each of the characters I should have bought on just to heighten the regret when one of them wins. Didn't buy any due to laziness/forgetfulness/not caring so much.
By eliroo 2016-07-11 10:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's say you don't craft at all is the Kupo shield worth getting?

If you get it what craft would you level? And how would you level it?

It seems great but even for someone with 0 crafts?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-07-11 10:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

kup shiled + alchemy = you beat the game
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-11 10:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure what i would go for tbh

Rank 1: Probably an Idris or Gamba i119, then i could grind Riftborn boulders and beitetsu (as traded yag) for AG. Or even get a Mythic for PLD then farm an aegis.

Rank 2: Kupo Shield without a doubt. Would swap my 110 cooking to Clothcraft.

rank 3: Taru Platemail

Rank 4: a Crafting Torque, it would probably push me to change craft to cloth anyways.

Rank 5: Sheet of Zilart tunes
By fillerbunny9 2016-07-11 11:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
I made an excel file of ten random numbers for each of the characters I should have bought on just to heighten the regret when one of them wins. Didn't buy any due to laziness/forgetfulness/not caring so much.

amusingly, I have an excel file that I use to track progress on goals and such. (Quest Checklists, a spreadsheet of my AF/Relic/Empyrean levels, progress on RMEA, etc.) and I do have a sheet of the numbers I use every year for my main and mules. I will be sorely disappointed if I WOULD have won something had I not been concussed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-11 11:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

From Jeanpaul. Best answer to this question and effectively gives you an idea of what you can hope to achieve with this:

Mog Bonanza May 2016 thread

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
If you've never crafted a wooden stool before, would it make sense to pick this shield and do crafting? Starting from 0, how long and expensive would it be to see a worthwhile return on the shield?
Depending on who else has a shield on your server, consider the following:

All Crafts: It is going to take you time to not only level the craft, but also get Guild Points and a torque. Leveling could take as little as a few days if you're focused on it (more so if the campaign is in effect). You'll need 205k GP to max out (required for some synths' profitability), which would probably take about a month and a half to two months. Torque is random, enjoy box hunting. Also, the improved skill from shield won't really help with Hexed synths due to how high level they are. While normally crafters can only HQ the feet from -1 at a 1/4 rate, with a shield you can do the same with head, hands, and legs of any set. HQ rate for any and all body synths are not improved with the shield.
Alchemy: Costs very little to level, with nearly all skill up recipe materials being bought from either NPCs or spark vendors. Doesn't really need most subcrafts. You can level this craft fairly painlessly without much funding. With Mog Garden KIs, you'd never have to pay more than about 600k + the cost of 4 Eschite Ores to create Carmine (crimson) hands/legs/feet HQ. If you have no competition (as in, other shield owners), you can effectively set the price to be very profitable for only yourself. You would need a bonecrafter friend of mule (90ish) to make the Dragon armor in bulk, however. Jinxed set (Amalric) is in extremely high demand still. Note that this is the most popular choice for shield owners, so you're most likely to have competition here.
Goldsmithing: A pain to level due to limited materials and it's also rather popular. A shield here would only really improve your HQ rate on Souveran (koenig), but I've noticed there's already a lot of that stuff floating around due to the fact that the materials used can be largely bought from NPCs, so people have already spammed the ***out of it. Also, Apogee (zenith) head, which is gold instead of cloth like the rest of the set. Jinxed set (Emicho) seems uncommon enough that you'd sell it for a good price.
Smithing: I understand it's a little easier than Goldsmithing to level, but not by much. With this, you can crank out the Argosy (adaman) in bulk, but I'm not certain there's much of a demand for this stuff, since it's very limited by jobs. The materials (except for the body) are not too crazy to get in bulk but I don't think you can get adaman from NPCs. I don't know much about the Jinxed set's (Ryuo) value, so I can't comment on that.
Bonecrafting: I'd say it's sort of easy-middlish in terms of leveling difficulty. You could crank out Lustratio (hecatomb) subligar in bulk, though you're limited by the availability of Angel Skins. Could also make the hands but they're far less useful. Just short on being able to spam the feet. Jinxed set (Adhemar) is very much sought after, but you only improve your rate on the hands (awesome) and feet (ok).
Clothcraft: On par with Bone in terms of leveling difficulty, I'd say. Sadly, the Zenith synths (body, hands, legs) are too high for the shield to make a difference, so you'd only be helping your rate of making Voodoo/Jinxed gear from HQ bases. Jinxed gear includes not only the Kaykaus set (which is of limited demand, from what I've seen), but also the Adhemar head and legs, both of which are in demand.
Leathercraft: Middlish difficulty to level. For some reason, instead of getting their own set, they kinda just steal a few synths the other sets. Like with cloth, with a shield you only get a boost to Voodoo/Jinxed gear when using HQ bases.
Woodworking: Unsure of the difficulty to level. Only synths that get a boost by shield are Shura legs and feet bases, which I understand has some demand for PUPs? No hexed/vexed set in Woodworking, sadly.

tldr; Arguably, Alchemy, Gold, and Bone are the crafts most profitable for shields right now. Alchemy is the easiest to level and Carmine is probably the easiest to both craft and sell in bulk, but it's also the craft with the highest rate of shield owners.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I should probably have added the GP item breakdown:

- 15k for Emblem, bought when you hit 90, used to make a Stall furnishing (synergy level 80). This grants a Mega Moglification for +5 skill. Should be your #1 purchase with GP unless you're leveling so fast that you need...
- 20k for "Way of the ____" KI, which is required to level up beyond 100, bought at 98+ skill after talking to the guild leader. A lot of people don't know about this and end up missing the tail end of a crafting skill-up campaign due to not preparing the GP. The leader also asks for you to sign a specific recipe, which may require a little extra GP to buy a signing crystal.
- 70k for the skill +1 item (mitts, specs, etc), can be bought at like 48 or something. Get this after you've acquired or set aside GP for the previous two things.
- 100k for the apron for +1 skill, this'll be your last purchase. With a shield, you can still turn a big profit before acquiring this or the 70k item.
- You'll probably want more GP to get some KIs, particularly the ones that let you craft in bulk.

Also bear in mind that to hit the needed amount of skill, you'll need to get Advanced Synth Support from the guild, in addition to equipping all this crap. With everything including the shield, you're at skill 125 in your main craft. Any synth that's 31 or more below your level is something you can HQ about 25% of the time. Note that HQ rings and food (rusks) are multiplicative, not additive. None of this matters cuz we're all *** on the Bonanza numbers anyway.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-11 12:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Better chance of FFXI releasing an full expansion than me winning anything other than rank 6.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 12:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For the first time since Bonanzas began, I'm getting nothing, because I didn't play.
[+]
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Server: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2016-07-11 14:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Idris, Kupo Shield, Tartarus Plate, crafting torque, music I think.
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-07-11 14:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing.

I forgot to get marbles again.
For the 4th time in a row. Even if I got, probably still nothing.
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-07-11 14:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Inventory space, my inventory space back...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-07-11 14:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

But on a serious note;

1) Idris or Epeo, but probably Idris

2) Kupo Shield

3) Tartarus Body

4) Goldsmithing Torque
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-12 07:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You'll need 205k GP to max out (required for some synths' profitability), which would probably take about a month and a half to two months.
This sounds very optimistic. VERY.
Not sure if it's any different for other professions but for cooking it took me WAY longer than that.

1) Sometimes you can't be online or you forget about your GP item
2) Sometimes the requested mat isn't on on AH/NPCs and it's a pain to craft with 200000 different ingredients and sub-crafts that you basically have to spend 2-3 hours to farm yourself
3) Even without the 50k ring (which I imagine it's gonna be very useful for some situations) there's a plethora of KIs that you have to buy, and they all cost 10/20k each, so it's more than 205k

It took me several months, I'd say at least 4 to get everything I needed (>300k GP)

Again, not sure if GP on cooking are more annoying than on other professions, but it's not really something I'd be leaning to repeat, it was simply horrible and not entertaining at all.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-12 07:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

cooking is more annoying than others, the average cap is something like 40-60% any other guild's average cap

edit: also, the rare fish various synths need are much more frequently not on ah than most crafts
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-07-12 08:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I have 11 characters, played the same 10 results on all 11. So whatever I win, I win it 11 times. Needless to say that it has brought me only rank 5s since the first Bonanza.
Money is less interesting than before so even winning R1 10 times isn't really as crazy as it used to be, which sucks. However, since I'm historically poor as ***, 1 billion would allow me to buy a lot of things I'm still missing.

R1: Kogarasumaru (unless it gives me some problems since I'm at the Alexandrite stage on it, in which case I'd just get Tizona or Liberator)
+ Ebisu
+ 900,000,000

R2: Cat's eye (I don't think it can be sent from a mule so if it can't, I'd just pick 11 Ranperre pieces)
+ 10 Ranperre Goldpiece

R3: Tartarus
+ Rhadamantus
+ Tenkomaru
+ I don't know

R4: Boneworker's torque
+ I don't know

R5: Various event items I may have missed
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-07-12 08:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

R1 should be a year without sub fees lol my friend Otss chose judgement day for R1 a few years ago
By Leadleaf 2016-07-12 13:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

1: Idris
2: Cat's Eye
3: Gyve Doublet or Tartarus Platemail
4: Ochre Pell>August
5: Prouesse Ring
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-07-12 13:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually had a dream a couple of nights ago that one of my marbles had all matching numbers except the last one, so I'm not feeling confident about this year's event.

If I get first prize I'll get the shield for sure.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-07-12 14:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I`ll be winning 30 inventory space, same as every year :)
By Boshi 2016-07-12 14:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

On Boshi
1 kupo shield
2 kupo shield
3 tt mail
4 craft torque for fishing, if a mule wins shield (lollll) then alchemy torque
5 goobue statue

on Mules
1 kupo shield
2 kupo shield
3 tt mail
4 craft torque
5 sendable statues to send to Boshi (goobue unsendable due to mistake) [guaranteed 1 rank5 per character]

......soo some statues and some freed space.
First Page 2 3