users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Bonanza May 2016
Mog Bonanza May 2016
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-05-12 15:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. That effectively answered my question.

Since I'm a galka, all I really could think of when reading this was "derp derp your peanut brain cannot fathom the density of this subject. Pick the damn weapon!"

Orz
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-05-12 15:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

other than stupidity, does anyone know why SE has the individual Kupo items as Rank 2, and the Koupon to get the same items as Rank 1? Makes zero sense.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Wordspoken 2016-05-12 15:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh lol, bonanza prices have always been wtf SE kind of thing.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-12 16:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I should probably have added the GP item breakdown:

- 15k for Emblem, bought when you hit 90, used to make a Stall furnishing (synergy level 80). This grants a Mega Moglification for +5 skill. Should be your #1 purchase with GP unless you're leveling so fast that you need...
- 20k for "Way of the ____" KI, which is required to level up beyond 100, bought at 98+ skill after talking to the guild leader. A lot of people don't know about this and end up missing the tail end of a crafting skill-up campaign due to not preparing the GP. The leader also asks for you to sign a specific recipe, which may require a little extra GP to buy a signing crystal.
- 70k for the skill +1 item (mitts, specs, etc), can be bought at like 48 or something. Get this after you've acquired or set aside GP for the previous two things.
- 100k for the apron for +1 skill, this'll be your last purchase. With a shield, you can still turn a big profit before acquiring this or the 70k item.
- You'll probably want more GP to get some KIs, particularly the ones that let you craft in bulk.

Also bear in mind that to hit the needed amount of skill, you'll need to get Advanced Synth Support from the guild, in addition to equipping all this crap. With everything including the shield, you're at skill 125 in your main craft. Any synth that's 31 or more below your level is something you can HQ about 25% of the time. Note that HQ rings and food (rusks) are multiplicative, not additive. None of this matters cuz we're all *** on the Bonanza numbers anyway.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-12 16:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Can i just point out that the gil scale from Marble purchases -> Rank 1 Prize was removed?
They are now a set amount, 100mil for R1...
 Sylph.Tuptup
By Sylph.Tuptup 2016-05-12 16:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I *** hate crafting and generally avoid it.

If I get rank 2, I am getting a Kupo Shield. You own the market at that point, unless there's another Kupo Shield crafter in the same discipline on your server. It's basically a license to print gil. The fact that it's still rank 2 is hilarious to me, because it's far and away the best item available right now.

When I was deciding whether or not to get the Kupo Shield there were roughly 10 Rank1 winners and 110 Rank2 winners. Around 8 selected the shield. Now that it is in the game, more people are aware of its benefits. Go ahead and safely assume there will be 5 shield owners PER server after this MogBonanza if not more. There are already 3 on mine and one of them is an alchemist like myself. We've found a way to coexist but I can't imagine how that would work with even more shields out there.

I do worry that this possible flood of shields will not be a windfall for all the winners but will end up pushing all the other crafters out of business so to speak. Honestly, I'm afraid of what that will do to the game. Many of the high end items are already near impossible to make a profit on unless you own a shield. Trust me.

All that being said, if you are lucky enough to get the option to select this, do it. Not because it will bring you Gil, but because you're going to NEED it just to keep up.

Good luck to all!

PS: Listen to what Funkworkz and Jeanpaul have to say about crafting and the shield. I did. I was a Lv.0 Alchemist when I won and they are spot on about what it takes to get to cap.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-12 16:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The funny thing is, the shield is really only helpful for synths between 92-94, or anything they add that's 112-114 without high level subcrafts. Crafting in general is, as I see it, more of a way to get items you want on your own terms than a way to strike it rich easily. I'd get a shield for my Bonecraft mule but I think, as an Alchemist on Jean, I would strongly consider something else.

Luc, what craft does that 3rd person with shield on Sylph have?
 Sylph.Tuptup
By Sylph.Tuptup 2016-05-12 16:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Goldsmithing. They've been hiding pretty well, keeping it unequipped when running around town as much as possible so I'll not name the person directly. ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2016-05-12 18:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

yoichinoyumi
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-12 19:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
yoichinoyumi

This reminded me the forum drama happened years ago when someone won a yoichi lol.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2016-05-12 19:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that the joke?
[+]
 Asura.Xijaah
Server: Asura
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-05-12 19:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bayld crystal fulfills the entire requirement, so the 13099 HPB. This means if you've already started on a weapon, its probably best to finish the one you're on and use the crystal for another.

and then dualwield 2x idris like a boss
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-12 21:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
None of this matters cuz we're all *** on the Bonanza numbers anyway.
Not unless you rig it!

Protip: The Rank 1 numbers this time is 12345.
By fillerbunny9 2016-05-12 22:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
None of this matters cuz we're all *** on the Bonanza numbers anyway.
Not unless you rig it!

Protip: The Rank 1 numbers this time is 12345.

12345? That's the stupidest combination I have ever heard in my life! It's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!
[+]