Monothiesm And The 3 Abrahamic Faiths

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Monothiesm and the 3 Abrahamic Faiths
Monothiesm and the 3 Abrahamic Faiths
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 10:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Dehumanizing people that is what I majored in at college !

I thought you majored in womyn's studies!

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-08 10:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And no I don't equate abortion to the same thing as the death penalty they aren't the same thing.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 10:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

And no I don't equate abortion to the same thing as the death penalty they aren't the same thing.

Meh. Not looking to turn this into an abortion thread. Nor into an abortion of a thread.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-08 10:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did that because apparently have an edit button is against someone's religion !
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 10:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did that because apparently have an edit button is against someone's religion !

Obviously it's TED CRUZ.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-07-08 10:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as the death penalty. I'm for it because well some people don't deserve to live. It may be immoral or morally grey but some crimes warrant the ultimate punishment.

Even if we had a perfect justice system and never got the wrong guy, newp.
By fonewear 2016-07-08 10:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
As far as the death penalty. I'm for it because well some people don't deserve to live. It may be immoral or morally grey but some crimes warrant the ultimate punishment.

If it was up to me the death penalty would take place quick and wouldn't have them sitting on death row for 20 years appealing...
By Jetackuu 2016-07-08 10:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

If it was up to me the death penalty would take place quick and wouldn't have them sitting on death row for 20 years appealing...

If it were up to a lot of people it would be that way. Fortunately it's not up to you and those people.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-07-08 11:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
I think you're sort of missing how what I'm saying goes hand in hand with what you're saying.

Empathy is empathy. It's definition doesn't change.

It's merely how you're societally conditioned to dehumanize people whom you want to hurt.

No, to make an analogy: Lets compare empathy to measurement.

Measurement exists, but say when the king dies the value of a "foot" changes. Until you have some golden rule (ie objective standard of measure) its all worth a grain of salt. Things being 'close' or 'about the same' or 'having the same intent' is a far cry from 'absolute'. (i'm not arguing empathy exists, I'm just saying there's no consistent basis for right and wrong nor consistent basis).
By Ramyrez 2016-07-08 11:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well fine, but if that's the hill you're going to die on in this argument you're basically destroying any argument in favor of an Abrahamic/monotheistic God as imagined by any major religion on Earth.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2016-07-11 14:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well fine, but if that's the hill you're going to die on in this argument you're basically destroying any argument in favor of an Abrahamic/monotheistic God as imagined by any major religion on Earth.

Quite the opposite.

If God exists, there is a standard (if there is such a standard knowing exactly what it is is another argument entirely, existence, proof of existence and details of existence are all 3 very different things)

Jean Paul Sartre said:
"When we speak of forlornness, we mean only that God does not exist and that we have to face all the consequences of this....The existentialist thinks it very distressing that God does not exist, because all possibility of finding values in a heaven of ideas disappears along with Him; there can no longer an a priori Good, since there is no infinite and perfect consciousness to think it. Nowhere is it written that the Good exists, that we must be honest, that we must not lie; because the fact is we are on a plane where there are only men....Neither within him or without does man find anything to cling to. He can't start making excuses for himself.

Sartre is one of the more influential atheist philosophers of the 20th century. I'm sure I could argue many things with him, but this wouldn't be one of them.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-22 01:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

worth a listen. I attended this presentation back in 2015 and only recently found it on youtube.

Jihad and War in contemporary Islam
"Attacking other people is Insanity"
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-08-08 08:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Something about Sala (congregational prayer) and Hajj (pilgrimage), both being two of the five pillars of Islam (mandatory practices), teaching people equality:

[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
Server: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2016-08-08 09:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2016-08-08 10:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Christianity and Islam are fundamentally different on all levels.

https://carm.org/comparison-grid-between-christianity-and-islamic-doctrine

As well as a distinct difference between Judaism and Christianity

Your text to link here...
By fonewear 2016-08-08 10:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

More Sartre less whatever that is above me !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-08 10:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nor into an abortion of a thread.
I don't think many people will mind if this thread is aborted.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-08-08 10:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Seidell said: »
You should choose who you listen to more carefully:

It's amusing how whenever someone posts anything positive about Islam (and it's all positive), a Christian has to pop out of nowhere with a ridiculous vid like the one above. I mean, at least contend the initial point so that we can have a focused and fruitful discussion. We can't discuss every hateful vid you're gonna raise.
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2016-08-08 11:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
We can't discuss every hateful vid you're gonna raise.

Hmmm and how is what I posted hateful? Also, look and the next comment after. I did supply links between the basic distinctions between Christianity, Islam and Judaism.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-08 11:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm and how is what I posted hateful? Also, look and the next comment after. I did supply links between the basic distinctions between Christianity, Islam and Judaism.
It's hateful because it doesn't agree with him.

Haven't you learned that by now?
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2016-08-08 11:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Haven't you learned that by now?

Just checking.

Also I will add that the "troll" video he posted in "rebuttal" can easily be considered hateful and slander besides ad hominem against David Wood even when he sites CNN for the studies on debates and obesity.

But what do I know
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-08 11:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nor into an abortion of a thread.
I don't think many people will mind if this thread is aborted.

First you have to de-fund Planned FFXIAHood.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-08-08 12:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you just confirmed what I said about overzealous Christians.

He posted a video of someone mindlessly bashing Islam and Muslims (which seems to never get old). I bet you haven't even watched it. Nor the video I posted afterwards showing the intellectual dishonesty...or maybe it's just pure stupidity, of the uploader. Tbh, I put you in the same category of haters because look, you just showed up with your predictable posts.

Relating the fasting of Ramadhan to the obesity epidemic in the GCC is just..wow.

You'posting nothing useful. That makes you look pathetic. Go troll in another thread.

Also I will add that the "troll" video he posted in "rebuttal" can easily be considered hateful and slander besides ad hominem against David Wood even when he sites CNN for the studies on debates and obesity.
False equivalence. See my reply to KN.

Also, pause for a sec and think about these statements:
Islam isn't only practiced in the GCC.
Muslims have been fasting for 14 centuries.
..I couldn't have the connection that fasting is terrible that it causes obesity even if I wanted to. I really didn't see this one coming.

The dude you listen to is one of those people who thinks putting the word "studies" somewhere in his argument lends credibility to it, except, when you don't understand the studies, it only backfires lol. He was just looking for anything to try and make an argument for his presuppose conclusion that "anything Islam = bad". That's intellectual dishonesty. Are you still gonna trust such source?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-08 12:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

He posted a video of someone mindlessly bashing Islam and Muslims (which seems to never get old). I bet you haven't even watched it. Nor the video I posted afterwards showing the intellectual dishonesty...or maybe it's just pure stupidity, of the uploader. Tbh, I put you in the same category of haters because look, you just showed up with your predictable posts.
Guess what!

They (the videos) are both opinions!

The whole point of religion is to not be able to prove right or wrong, in either argument.

But the thing is, some people (by the sound of your posts, you fall under this category) seem to believe that their version of the religion is true. So, no matter what rebuttal is presented to you, everyone else is a hater in your eyes.

You want to know something about my personal take of Islam? Here it goes:

I don't give a fuck if you believe in Muhammad, Jesus, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny, what you believe in is your choice, just don't force your ideas on others (like me)

If there's a mythical being out there controlling our destinies, they are the ultimate troll for making humans like we are.
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2016-08-08 12:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you just confirmed what I said about overzealous Christians.

So asking you to explain your comments is overzealous now? Wow you really are confused.

False equivalence. See my reply to KN.

Please explain

The dude you listen to is one of those people who thinks putting the word "studies" somewhere in his argument lends credibility to it, except, when you don't understand the studies, it only backfires lol. He was just looking for anything to try and make an argument for his presuppose conclusion that "anything Islam = bad". That's intellectual dishonesty. Are you still gonna trust such source?

You haven't proven why someone shouldn't listen to David Wood. You just supplied a video of someone calling him a troll and yet have no proof.

Also you explain nothing in regards to the CNN article, you just say "wow". Would you care to elaborate?
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2016-08-08 12:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't give a fuck if you believe in Muhammad, Jesus, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny, what you believe in is your choice, just don't force your ideas on others (like me)

If there's a mythical being out there controlling our destinies, they are the ultimate troll for making humans like we are.

Why are you forcing your ideas (and horrible color choices for the web) on us?

:)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-08 12:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you forcing your ideas (and horrible color choices for the web) on us?

:)
I don't care what you say, rainbow text is awesome!
[+]
By maldini 2016-08-08 13:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol David Wood. Classic "Jesus is cursed" rant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO5lGJx8JU8

My personal favorite

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9