Apocalypse I119 III Or Ryunohige?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Apocalypse i119 III or Ryunohige?
Apocalypse i119 III or Ryunohige?
By Ruaumoko 2016-05-07 03:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
TL;DR - Apocalypse but learn how to get the most out of it.

Your post its interesing.

Sadly even if you defend really Good DRG The job its in a garbage stake in the moment.

1.- 30% Less Attack than WAR/DRK. Even this Jobs have problems to cap attack with Extreme Buffs.

2.- Desperate Blows and JA Catastrophe allow DRK can always go /WAR. I can't recall the last time i used /SAM on DRK. When Last resort its down, we have berserk and Warcry. DRG will need even More Buffs to be able to play DRG/WAR. If the DRG go /SAM I will not invite him

3.- We need to parse catastrophe to determine the Hiting %. Everyone play Self SC, the era where we spam a Single WS its death, so catastrophe its necessary to self Tier 3 Skill Chain.

4.- Most of the Important Fights, hell even the Sombra Dragon on Very Difficulty or Difficulty, can one shot a DPS with 2000 + HP and -50% Damage reduction Set(Not talkin about Breaths) Bodyslam say hi for your pet lol. I dont Think the pet can stay alive in a important Fight, yes vs trash mobs it will, so its better dont count the pet to avoid stay perma 70% haste instead of 80%.

5.- Like we all Know Apoc its amazing weapon for Solo / LOw man and everything in FFXI its about Solo + Trust and Low man, the Self Cures will be Sweet to Fit better in content. Even if DRG pet its alive that can't toss a Self heal every 10 seconds like DRK Lol

Until Square enix dont give DRG a Self Berserk. DRG will be lowest Two hander DPS. Mythic DRGS was impressive at LV99 Caps, with Embrava, Double BRD and Corsair. In the Actual Stake of the game DRK, SAM and WAR are a lot more Complete Jobs.

Now if we talk like "Cabrones" How much attack we need for the content cuz everyone only talks about Accuracy

Min Attack acceptable its 2000
Medium Attack 2300
High Attack and the Sweet spot 2600

Less than 2000 attack and your Damage will Sucks horriblity, Sadly we can't use Red Curry bun anymore we are Cursed to use Sushi..So having berserk - Last resort its mandatory to Two hander Jobs

Two handers Jobs sux atm and Not having berserk kill Yourself! Lol
You ignored pretty much everything about my initial post so a counter argument to this falsehood is pointless.
[+]
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-05-07 04:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

2.- Desperate Blows and JA Catastrophe allow DRK can always go /WAR. I can't recall the last time i used /SAM on DRK. When Last resort its down, we have berserk and Warcry. DRG will need even More Buffs to be able to play DRG/WAR. If the DRG go /SAM I will not invite him

4.- Most of the Important Fights, hell even the Sombra Dragon on Very Difficulty or Difficulty, can one shot a DPS with 2000 + HP and -50% Damage reduction Set(Not talkin about Breaths) Bodyslam say hi for your pet lol. I dont Think the pet can stay alive in a important Fight, yes vs trash mobs it will, so its better dont count the pet to avoid stay perma 70% haste instead of 80%.

You are saying, that 2handers need berserk to do damage in the same post you are saying, that wyverns can't stay alive cause PHYSICAL TP moves can oneshot DDs, which is actually an argument against WAR and DRK.

- berserks 25-38% def-down won't help you to not get oneshoted
- last resorts 25-35% def-down won't help you to not get oneshoted
- catastrophes restore-HP-effect won't help you to not get oneshoted
- DRGs 20% att/def bonus might help you to not get oneshoted

DRG isn't far behind WARs attack either. sure, DRK has tons of attack but DRKs strongest WS has an attack penalty, which devalues all the attack. counting angon (which is actually an 33% attack buff for your whole alliance) DRG hasn't any attack disadvantage, unless you are spamming drakesbane
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-05-07 04:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brocovich said: »

You are saying, that 2handers need berserk to do damage in the same post you are saying, that wyverns can't stay alive cause PHYSICAL TP moves can oneshot DDs, which is actually an argument against WAR and DRK.

- berserks 25-38% def-down won't help you to not get oneshoted
- last resorts 25-35% def-down won't help you to not get oneshoted
- catastrophes restore-HP-effect won't help you to not get oneshoted
- DRGs 20% att/def bonus might help you to not get oneshoted

DRG isn't far behind WARs attack either. sure, DRK has tons of attack but DRKs strongest WS has an attack penalty, which devalues all the attack. counting angon (which is actually an 33% attack buff for your whole alliance) DRG hasn't any attack disadvantage, unless you are spamming drakesbane

I was seeing your point until you mentioned resolution's atk penalty. It doesn't matter, the WS on DRK and especially on WAR still shits all over anything DRG has in its arsenal.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2016-05-07 04:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Apoc remains as it always was. A weapon carefully balanced to not be the best DPS.

Not relevant to this discussion at all, but relevant to what you're saying; Apocalypse had the highest DPS in the 75-cap stage of the game under the right correct gear/buff conditions. Besides Mighty Strike/SVKC, of course. Those are very closed situations for ruling out Apocalypse as not the best, if you ask me.

Oh, carry on. ._.
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-05-07 06:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I was seeing your point until you mentioned resolution's atk penalty. It doesn't matter, the WS on DRK and especially on WAR still shits all over anything DRG has in its arsenal.

My point was to say, that DRK needs the extra attack to cap attack for its best weaponskill, since Siren.Sandraa's post sounded like high attack is everything you need to deal damage. not sure why you mention WAR but i guess you mean resolution during mighty strikes
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-07 06:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
TL;DR - Apocalypse but learn how to get the most out of it.

Your post its interesing.

Sadly even if you defend really Good DRG The job its in a garbage stake in the moment.

1.- 30% Less Attack than WAR/DRK. Even this Jobs have problems to cap attack with Extreme Buffs.

3.- We need to parse catastrophe to determine the Hiting %. Everyone play Self SC, the era where we spam a Single WS its death, so catastrophe its necessary to self Tier 3 Skill Chain.

5.- Like we all Know Apoc its amazing weapon for Solo / LOw man and everything in FFXI its about Solo + Trust and Low man, the Self Cures will be Sweet to Fit better in content. Even if DRG pet its alive that can't toss a Self heal every 10 seconds like DRK Lol

Until Square enix dont give DRG a Self Berserk. DRG will be lowest Two hander DPS. Mythic DRGS was impressive at LV99 Caps, with Embrava, Double BRD and Corsair. In the Actual Stake of the game DRK, SAM and WAR are a lot more Complete Jobs.

Now if we talk like "Cabrones" How much attack we need for the content cuz everyone only talks about Accuracy

Min Attack acceptable its 2000
Medium Attack 2300
High Attack and the Sweet spot 2600

Less than 2000 attack and your Damage will Sucks horriblity, Sadly we can't use Red Curry bun anymore we are Cursed to use Sushi..So having berserk - Last resort its mandatory to Two hander Jobs

I lol'd and facepalmed at the bolded part hard. I have never been one shotted by ANYTHING in the sombre dragon fight and that's with using berserk and generally without my DT set on and yes I fight it on VD with a group and D solo. It will do at most about 600-900 damage which is quite easily curable. You are probably getting one shotted because you are using Last Resort and Berserk together.

You really don't know WTF you are saying.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-07 06:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me just throw in that my wyvern has never died in Ambuscade, and I've done enough VD to cap on Sulevia's +1.
[+]
By Mithril20 2016-05-07 09:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Any parses on Sombra Dragon Martel soloing D or VD w/ pt even? if you don't mind/ Curious how much damage a Ryunohige can put out if used correctly.

Also realize Sombra isn't exactly relevant content or the highest tier as people would say, but still curious.
By Yeno7 2016-05-07 13:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

>___> not to brag and I dont have a Ryu, but I can pull 23k-25k per Diver on Sombra dragon VD back to back (if fotia kicks in) and even with out fotia a 1kTP I can pull around 13k with out food effects or that super Attack he/she mentions <_<; angon provides 25% if you have full merits and relic hands, another 15% attack up vs dragons from ancient circle (and 15% def up for you) so yeah, I dont mind inviting any job (just no pup) but so far I have not seen any DRK out dmg me and the only one I have fight along side with, he could not take hate off me and he had Raganrok. but oh well decisions decisions, and the answer to the original question, Go with the job you play the most and make that relic/mythic first then the other, I have Gungnir and I dont regret it, but do plan to get mythic just Burtgang first then Ryu.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-07 13:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithril20 said: »
Any parses on Sombra Dragon Martel soloing D or VD w/ pt even? if you don't mind/ Curious how much damage a Ryunohige can put out if used correctly.

Also realize Sombra isn't exactly relevant content or the highest tier as people would say, but still curious.
I don't really keep the parse library of DD events I used to. Even since Kparser went unsupported.(I know it's been fixed/updated several time since, but the thing seems to be broken again every time I go to parse, so I just gave up.)

And scoreboard doesn't have an export feature. Not to mention has some accuracy issues(it lumps jumps in with ws, reducing our displayed ws avg, and inflating the ws count.)

About all I can say is that I did most of my Ambuscade with a Tizona BLU and went about even dmg with him. Neither of us are afterglowed, and we're both a bit behind the gear curve atm. So take don't take that as standard or an example of top tier gear.
Yeno7 said: »
>___> not to brag and I dont have a Ryu, but I can pull 23k-25k per Diver on Sombra dragon VD back to back (if fotia kicks in) and even with out fotia a 1kTP I can pull around 13k with out food effects or that super Attack he/she mentions <_<; angon provides 25% if you have full merits and relic hands, another 15% attack up vs dragons from ancient circle (and 15% def up for you) so yeah, I dont mind inviting any job (just no pup) but so far I have not seen any DRK out dmg me and the only one I have fight along side with, he could not take hate off me and he had Raganrok. but oh well decisions decisions, and the answer to the original question, Go with the job you play the most and make that relic/mythic first then the other, I have Gungnir and I dont regret it, but do plan to get mythic just Burtgang first then Ryu.
That's not how circle effects work. It's not an attack bonus. It's a straight up % increase to damage. Which would be great, except it appears to suffer a heavy penalty vs NMs. IIRC, SAM vs demon tests of their circle showed about half potency vs NMs. Still, a bonus is a bonus. But don't lump it in with wyvern exp atk bonus.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-07 16:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

I don't really keep the parse library of DD events I used to. Even since Kparser went unsupported.(I know it's been fixed/updated several time since, but the thing seems to be broken again every time I go to parse, so I just gave up.)

And scoreboard doesn't have an export feature. Not to mention has some accuracy issues(it lumps jumps in with ws, reducing our displayed ws avg, and inflating the ws count.)

Does all offensive JA that deals damage counts as ws on scoreboard results? Admittedly never know that(and been using the wrong info from it for ages without knowing)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-07 16:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Does all offensive JA that deals damage counts as ws on scoreboard results? Admittedly never know that(and been using the wrong info from it for ages without knowing)
I can only speak for jumps, but it seems fairly likely.
I mean, I don't think scoreboard even has a report category for JA, does it?

Should be pretty simple to test though. Walk out somewhere,reset SB, JA a mob, report ws.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-07 17:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Jumps return a category 3 action packet (normally reserved for WS) and that's probably why they get lumped into WSs.
By Afania 2016-05-07 18:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What about other ja, such as shieldbash, quick draw, lunge etc?

Unfortunately I can't test it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-07 18:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jumps and (iirc) Mug are the only JAs I know that return WS action packets.

Might actually be worth checking whether WS damage works on the first hit of Jump.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-07 18:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Jumps and (iirc) Mug are the only JAs I know that return WS action packets.

Might actually be worth checking whether WS damage works on the first hit of Jump.
o.o Must test.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-07 19:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So,
Did 43 jumps. 19 with no WS dmg, 24 with +8%.
Spirit/soul jump only. Wyvern present for auto crit.
When changing to wsdmg+ I rebalanced gear to maintain str(I can't recall if fstr would cap, too lazy to figure it out.)

Base, 1388 avg.
wsdmg +8%, 1383 avg.

Not the greatest test, But I'm gonna go with no. +8% dmg should have been very noticeable.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-07 19:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well!
 Siren.Bloodlusty
Server: Siren
By Siren.Bloodlusty 2016-05-09 04:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyform of buffs the pet give will only count in Non-Intensive Fights. This form of buffs are not trustable when you are going a Intensive-Fight. Berserk-last Resort- desperate blow, Hasso are trustable forms of buff yourself, the only way you lose them its if the enemy dispel you.

Even Bravura WARS with -50% Damage reduction and 2200 + HP get one Shoted in important Fights. There is not a way a DRG pet can survive this amount of damage and if the pet die your buffs are gone.

If we go Trash content yes DRG Will be close of DRG/WAR/SAM
IF we go intensive Fight after of First AoE (pet die) DRG will be behind of WAR/DRK/SAM Sadly.

Angon and ancient Circle will Help all other DPS not Only You. This Fight. Any Decent DPS will broke 20k buffed.

Last Resort - Berserk Nobody stack this. /WAR its for Double Attack Rate, War Cry, aggresor, and Berserk when Last resort its down.

Sombra Dragon on VD did to me on -50% damage reduction set 1950 damage on DRK BodySlam. Also Sombra its just a Huge training Dummy, i used him as reference cuz its a content most of us are playing in the present for the capes.

On Real Intensive Fight with equal Buffs. DRG will Never Out Damage a equal SKILLS DRK or WAR. We never will Cap attack and We never will cap accuracy vs ILV135 Mobs. Samurai WS have attack buffs so a Koga SAM will be a lot more efficient than a DRG

Nothing personal vs Dragon its just in general the situation or two hander jobs its ***and have a job can't have a control on 10% Ja haste, 20% attack/defense bonus its sad =/, if square enix allow us use all this buffs without need the pet then Yes DRG will be super competitive.

Also if i have a DRG/SAM. I will ask him in good way. Hey dude can you please use DRG/WAR?. We wll put you at 80% Haste, we will have Miser's Roll. There is not Need you use /SAM losing 25% Attack in a Fight where you will not cap the attack its a Huge lose.

Please shut up......
[+]