Forum » FFXI » General » Termination of FF XI Linkshell Community
Termination of FF XI Linkshell Community
First Page 2
 Siren.Dagget
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Dagget 2016-04-19 11:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this mean that FFXIAH will loose access to achievements and player profiles?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-19 11:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Rooks is working to phase out LSC dependency.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-19 11:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

All of ffxiah will be gone when this happens, the whole website will be shutdown, nothing will remain!

:(

trust me I heard it from a good source
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-19 11:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
All of ffxiah will be gone when this happens, the whole website will be shutdown, nothing will remain!

My last post was a lie, the end is near.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-19 11:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

Yeah, my timeline has accelerated, that's all. The bigger problem is my free time to actually work on the stuff, but I've got plans for it all.

The Guildwork plugin still works for updates, and really, the only thing I couldn't reliably get from it before was mission info. I'm just going to start basing it all on titles/equipment (if you have a Rajas Ring, you beat CoP, etc). What I'll lose is the ability to do incremental mission progression/points, but that hasn't really been relevant in a long time; after the changes, you'll get full credit for completion, and nothing before that.
[+]
 Siren.Dagget
By Siren.Dagget 2016-04-19 11:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot Rooks, much appreciated
 Siren.Kahri
By Siren.Kahri 2016-04-19 12:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the info. After all that is said and done will r/m/e weapons and shields count for us once again? Again, thanks, all your work and effort is appreciated :)
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-19 12:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kahri said: »
Thank you for the info. After all that is said and done will r/m/e weapons and shields count for us once again? Again, thanks, all your work and effort is appreciated :)

Yeah, the breakage right now wasn't planned :(

My plan for them is this: unfinished (anything below the 119-III afterglows) count for a certain amount, and the finished weapons count for much more. I go back and forth on keeping the staggered point totals for the various phases, but the fact of the matter is that a 75 Ragnarok, a 95 Almace, and a 119-non-afterglow mythic are all about the same level of relevance; not very. So you'll get points for "Unfinished Tizona" and whatnot, but the real point bonanza will hit when you get the completed version.

It leaves the question of what to do with shields and instruments, since they don't have a 119 form; probably slightly more than the unfinished versions of other things, but less than the 119 III weapons. I'm also building the point scale to be configurable at runtime, so I'll be able to change it on the fly without needing Scragg to do a deploy (in case the scale is completely screwy or something, and it's not immediately obvious).
[+]
 Odin.Vuq
Server: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-04-19 12:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
The Guildwork plugin still works for updates,

Not really tho.
Look at odin me. And then look at asura me. Asura is a later version of the same character, For a month now guildwork has not cooperated.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-19 12:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Vuq said: »
The Guildwork plugin still works for updates,

Not really tho.
Look at odin me. And then look at asura me. Asura is a later version of the same character, For a month now guildwork has not cooperated.

I'll look into it. It ought to work, though.
 Odin.Vuq
Server: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-04-19 12:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Iv correctly linked everything together, and ive been doing //gw update and //gw flush everyday in game. As well as force update on the website.
By ibm2431 2016-04-19 15:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

a 75 Ragnarok, a 95 Almace, and a 119-non-afterglow mythic are all about the same level of relevance; not very. So you'll get points for "Unfinished Tizona" and whatnot, but the real point bonanza will hit when you get the completed version.

My non-afterglow 119 Laevateinn is a lot more relevant than the 75 Yoichinoyumi sitting in my Mog Safe. Having a non-afterglow 119 Burtgang is several times more relevant than the difference between a non-afterglow 119 Nirvana and an afterglowed one. And a level 75 Yagrush provides more utility than an Afterglowed Conqueror, because that WAR isn't getting brought to content requiring that level of accuracy without the AoE -nas to support them. And then there's Idris.

We can't use tiers when assigning points - every RME is different. Lumping every type of "unfinished" RME into the same category and considering them equals (ie: level 75 relic with 119 non-afterglow mythic) based on relevancy is crazy talk.

Unless you meant by difficulty to complete, but that isn't the case either. A level 75 mythic costs ~165,000,000 gil in alexandrite alone. Afterglowing a 119 mythic costs ~151,500,000. While an afterglowed mythic should definitely reward many more points than a level 75 mythic, the point value difference between 119-1 and 119-3 shouldn't be more than a base 75.

Gil values, gil values, gil values. That is the only standard, objective measure we have for how much something is worth. How much work/resources went into it. You don't need to wonder what to do about shields/instruments lacking 119 versions, because they had X amount of gil/effort put into them, regardless of weapon type. You don't need to worry about people yelling that the balance between certain RMEs is wrong, because all you have to do is point at the numbers and say, "it cost X gil to make, so it's worth Y points".

Gil values, Favorite Red! I'll even make the chart if you need it!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-19 15:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that mean we have to use GW to display char info correctly?
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-19 19:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

My last post was a lie, the end is near.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!
By Verda 2016-04-19 20:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »
Having a non-afterglow 119 Burtgang is several times more relevant than the difference between a non-afterglow 119 Nirvana and an afterglowed one.

Caveat, afterglow Nirvana is crap. The only situations where afterglow nirvana is better than non afterglow nirvana, is if you wish to melee with staff or cast t1 nukes from a subjob (of which there is better staves for). I.e. not very and even then the difference is very slight. This is so true that I know a SMN who quit the game for a while when patch notes came out, it in fact pissed most summoners right the hell off and only 2 SMN I heard of even bothering to afterglow it, one to be first and the other in case they ever further upgrade them and to get it out of the way. On the other hand, people have reported rng mythic doubles it's damage. So I totally agree with you that one afterglow doesn't equate to another at all. I will eventually afterglow mine but I can't really justify spending 150 mil to afterglow for mostly vanity at the moment. I also agree some on your next point:

Gil values, Favorite Red! I'll even make the chart if you need it!
That's a good metric, gil, but not the only to be considered. Mythics also have an inordinate amount of questing associated with them, not to mention other currencies that can't be bought or sold that should entirely factor into their points. Gil should be converted into time, and time should be the metric. Simply taking an average dyna run and converting that to gil would be sufficient for that for 2 hours, divide by 2 to get gil per hour and there you have it. People can decide on a common ground for how much time each stage takes to complete for quests, given standard resources. In fact Byrth made a fairly good post on that already last time it came up, imo. He also made the point that unlike others, if you have mule accounts, empyrean scales with the number of mules you have and that for single account players it's simply not worth farming hmp/cinders etc.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-04-19 21:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, my timeline has accelerated, that's all. The bigger problem is my free time to actually work on the stuff, but I've got plans for it all.

The Guildwork plugin still works for updates, and really, the only thing I couldn't reliably get from it before was mission info. I'm just going to start basing it all on titles/equipment (if you have a Rajas Ring, you beat CoP, etc). What I'll lose is the ability to do incremental mission progression/points, but that hasn't really been relevant in a long time; after the changes, you'll get full credit for completion, and nothing before that.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not one who pays 100% attention at all times in game but don't most missions give different titles usually after fights in the storyline? I realize that it may be more difficult to code in and all.
By Jetackuu 2016-04-19 21:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Does that mean we have to use GW to display char info correctly?
Yeah.
By ibm2431 2016-04-19 22:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll admit I deliberately chose Nirvana for that example because I knew SMNs got majorly shafted.

And yeah, time value needs to be accounted for too, which I think several people (myself included) mentioned the last time this came up. It's a bit harder to determine and more subjective though, so I wasn't about to go into it.

Overarching point is that by gil alone (additional time effort for mythic aside), a mythic costs twice that of a relic. There's no reason why someone should get the same amount of points with a 75 relic as someone who spent twice as much on a 75 mythic. The current point values of 15k lv.75 relic vs 20k lv.75 mythic are already off-base, before you start factoring in time for assaults, Nyzul, and Ein. I try to take a "lol internet epeen" stance towards achievement points, but I at least want the numbers to make sense.

I am currently working on a chart, though!

edit: While working on chart, I have discovered that relics cost 60,700,000 gil, and a mythic costs 174,000,000 gil in alexandrite. That's almost three times more, not two as I previously stated.

edit2: And I just realized that I was treating the loanless, last 3000 as just disappearing into thin air. Which it doesn't. Adjusting the final 10,000 stages to be worth 7,000 results in relics costing 50,500,000 gil.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nekdal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2016-04-19 23:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Good cause nothing is showing up/updating none of my gear is showing now my relics 75-119 or progress on others
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2016-04-20 00:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Will seekers missions and rhapsody missions be added to our profile?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
Server: Asura
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2016-04-20 01:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »

As far as I understood Rooks, it'll be easy to add Seekers as it'll take the trophies (rings) into account as proof of completion.
It will however not track mission progress, just completion of the full story.

Rhapsodies however will likely be more dificult as that expansion doesn't have a physical reward. (Although I do remember that Guildwork was able to detect key items in the past, not sure if that has changed.)

[edit]
The GW plugin does still register key items, but not the ones from Adoulin and beyond.
By ibm2431 2016-04-20 02:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can one check available Trusts? Having Iroha II in your spell list means you completed Rhapsodies.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-20 02:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH profile points has to be based on dedication, not relevance. Burtgang being more "useful" than Murgleis doesn't mean anything. Mythics are all completed in the exact same way.

For relics, price difference among coins can just be ignored at this point tbh. I would consider them identical as well.

Empyreans could be categorized based on required key item counts to pop material NMs, i.e. Almace requires 3 > 3 > 1 while Ukonvasara requires 4 > 3 > 1.

Riftcinder and Riftdross have very similar pop rates based on FFXIDB data. You could say they require almost the same amount of work to become available. I would just consider them equal and call it, but you could go deeper and allocate points based on average gil cost across all servers for the rift stage. That would make sense to me, but then it would have to be updated it all the time. Maybe a simple script could do that without a problem.

Same could be done for relics if you would like to take that route, although being much less needed imo.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-20 07:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
The GW plugin does still register key items, but not the ones from Adoulin and beyond.

That's fixable. The problem is that the KI list isn't updated (and the GW IDs don't match what's in POLUtils, so I just have to make them match). KI is still an option.

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »

Completion will be!

Can one check available Trusts? Having Iroha II in your spell list means you completed Rhapsodies.

I don't think it does now, but might be worth adding. That's a GW client change though. KI is probably my safer bet to start.

---

Re: gil as the measure

I'm not really a gigantic fan of that, but I realize it's for reasons that can be summed up as "feelz". Meh.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2016-04-20 08:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fixable. The problem is that the KI list isn't updated (and the GW IDs don't match what's in POLUtils, so I just have to make them match). KI is still an option.

Thought it would be something like that, good to see it confirmed. :)
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-20 09:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it does now, but might be worth adding. That's a GW client change though. KI is probably my safer bet to start.
Slightly off topic, but I'd like to see a Trusts checklist. I'd be happy even with a manual one.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-04-20 09:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The old wiki had templates for checklists, probably easy to replicate for trusts.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-20 10:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
The old wiki had templates for checklists, probably easy to replicate for trusts.
I have a sort of checklist in my FFXI notes doc, but I'd like to see something like for Atma that has the wiki link next to it for easy reference. I like having what information I can on FFXIAH so it is more centralized.

Edit: I've used the node system quite a bit since it came out for the same reason. For example: my trials checklist (which is badly in need of updating).
[+]
 Asura.Nareyon
user: Nareyon
By Asura.Nareyon 2016-04-20 15:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This doesn't directly apply to this but I checked this thread as I was curious what would happen since I can't access a fanzone link anymore on the LS community site.

I am just returning to ffxi about 1 week ago from about a 9 month break. When I stopped playing everything was working fine (windower) including GW. I saw GW was mentioned here for updating and such, but I have yet to be able to get mine to work. Keeps telling me file is corrupt, re-download, which I have. I've deleted and installed windower a couple times, deleted all the files associated with it both times and once, specifically GW files. Nothing has worked, but randomly once this week when I logged on, it decided to work. And the time it worked, I didn't do or change anything. Any ideas on whats going on with mine?
First Page 2