Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2016-04-05 02:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Logical said: »
VW is not working for me - have I read something wrong? Perhaps I am just crazy, but I switched all my mules to "Stock" voidstone mode at the appropriate NPC, then popped using a voidstone KI on my main (since you can't pop from the "stock"), got the "no voidstone expended...rewards will be limited message" (no KI voidstones in inventory to test if this works), and upon kill, sure enough, just exp/cruor. What exactly have I missed here?

Furthermore, if the popper has to have a KI voidstone, all this patch has done is add convenience for the non-popping characters and mules (provided it works as intended). Popper will still have to return to restock every 6 kills, unless I've somehow misunderstood the patch. Can someone please clarify?

Examining a planar rift while in possession of a voidstone key item will enable voidstones to be consumed directly from the stock held by the Voidwatch Officer.

Also says to pick stock like you did. If it still does not work, i suppose that kinda sucks lol.
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2016-04-05 02:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone figured out how to unlock the tiger mount yet? I've gone back to the NPC in Batallia Downs and she murmurs something like "If you can't handle a tiger, how can you...."

So I'm trying to figure out if that's hinting to unlock the tiger mount in some way. I killed tigers near her and charmed. Nothing from her.
By ibm2431 2016-04-05 02:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So the weaponskill damage +X, is that percent? Because if so, holy mother of...
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2016-04-05 02:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

any idea where or how to augment the JSE capes the BCNMS are cake
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-04-05 02:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Demonsgate said: »
good luck getting in looks like only 1 party or solo person at a time
Seems like 3-4 groups, maybe max of 6. Bunch of solo people in Legion right now, not even doing the new content.
By Mckellar 2016-04-05 02:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you kill the big orc?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-05 02:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit it until it dies.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-05 02:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mckellar said: »
How do you kill the big orc?

from my test run, looks like you need Magic damage. physical damage was worthless on him, but Sanguine Blade hits for a consistent 1700. probably time for some more SCH Immanence/MB.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-05 02:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Magical damage is not necessary on him. Soloed D Intense fight, he's just a PLD so he's tanky. Dispel his buffs and he goes down eventually. Just careful for Manic Dance.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2016-04-05 02:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i like this new event dont care for the ammount of pop spots havent they learned in 14 years ??
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-05 02:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Critical Hit Damage in the list of augments on the update notes is a typo and is actually Critical Hit Rate.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2016-04-05 03:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Prime v.2 seems to be broken in RoE both say they give primer 1
By Mckellar 2016-04-05 03:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So guy in my LS said he was able to buy the NQ feet/hands/mask without spending the hallmarks. Does this mean we can just buy everything below our hallmark?
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-05 03:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Prime v.2 seems to be broken in RoE both say they give primer 1
Yeah, must be a copy/paste error on SE's part.

Primer 2 is 10 exp-wiedling dragons, not orcs. Escha-Zitah warp2 dragons/puks work.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-05 03:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Been trying to get in for like an hour... can't do new event. Its overloaded. ; ;
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-04-05 03:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

KnifeKatRengar said: »
good luck getting in looks like only 1 party or solo person at a time
Seems like 3-4 groups, maybe max of 6. Bunch of solo people in Legion right now, not even doing the new content.

This is one QoL adjustment SE needs to sort out. Like a numero uno priority.

Mounts... SE can introduce sleeping bags, tents, campfire too whilst they're at it.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-05 04:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it's the same as other instanced BC's; 3 parties max.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-05 04:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The other BCs aren't "instanced" at all.
It's just a zone with multiple arenas suspended into empty space. When you access the BC lobby you get sent to one of them according to free space.
Each zone has like 3 arenas. Not sure if some zone has more.

"instancing" is a completely different concept and is used on stuff like Skirmish, Delve, Incursion, Vagary, Assault, Salvage.
"instancing" means each time a party/person tries to access a certain a content, a "new" version of that zone gets created specifically for that party/person and is only accessible by them. It's a "replica" of that one zone.
There is virtually no limit on the number of instances that can get created, other than the performance of the instancing server that handles them of course.

The BC thing instead, as I was saying before, is the same exact zone for everybody who zones in, just different "parts" (coordinates) of that zone.
With hacking tools you could move between them simply changing your position coordinates.
There is a specific limit here and it depends on how many arenas have been created in advance by the dev team who created the zone (tipically 3 I think?)
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-04-05 04:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Player: Server merge!!!
SE: Ambuscade
[+]
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-04-05 04:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a limit to how much ambuscade you can do? Or can you just spam VE/E solo etc. (not accounting for the massive queues atm!)
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2016-04-05 04:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade primer Vol. 1 experience - yielding orcs! ? Where...
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-04-05 04:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yankke said: »
Davoi
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-05 04:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
"instancing" is a completely different concept and is used on stuff like Skirmish, Delve, Incursion, Vagary, Assault, Salvage.

No FFXI has zero support for instancing. All those other zones are exactly like BC's.

You can ever "clipper" your way from one Salvage / Delve / Vagery / Assault "instance" to another, though it's a REALLY long run and a really easy way to get yourself banned.

FFXI statically allocates zones on server resource compile, which is something that happens before the server boots. It has no support for dynamic resource creation, the developers can't insert a new resource into the game without first shutting it down and doing a resource recompile. This is why you can't have cross-server battlefields and "raid finder" type functionality. So every battlefield / event in this game just has multiple copies of it that are rotated as players enter and leave. Leftover from the EQ Clone days.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-05 04:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yankke said: »
Jugner(S) or La Vaule
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-05 04:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
Is there a limit to how much ambuscade you can do? Or can you just spam VE/E solo etc. (not accounting for the massive queues atm!)
No limit, we've done about a dozen so far. Just gotta go back and forth to complete the RoE's and obtain a new KI.
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-05 04:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So is the Ares 119 set unaugmentable? In that case you're going to have to use a certain Haste+% belt to compensate. Alternatively you can put 10% Haste on your JSE cape and find a belt with 5% Haste, but that is arguably going to cost too much to your set.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-05 04:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
No FFXI has zero support for instancing. All those other zones are exactly like BC's.
Are you sure about this?
Because the BC zones have a fixed and very easily check-able limit on the amount of groups who can participate, whereas for the zones that SE themselves addressed as "instancing" have no reported limit on the numbers of pts who can participate, other than the stress of the so-called "instance server" who handles them.

So you're saying if we both go in Salvage I can move to "your" salvage by pos-hacking? Just like for BCs?

I think there are other differences because there is a max physical/geometrical size a zone can have on their servers, and I'm a bit skeptic they could manage to have a zone so big that it can hold over 20 replicas of the area at the same time and at the same time keep them at least 200 yalms far from each other (I think in BC zones the "arenas" are around 200 yalms from each other?)

Edit:
"at least 20" comes from the fact that I've seen at least 20 different groups into the same "zone".
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-04-05 04:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

darkwaffle said: »
All the items purchasable with hallmarks are limited (presumably on a monthly cycle). The items obtainable with 'total hallmarks' are 'free' in that you don't expend hallmarks to obtain them, they're like achievement rewards.

Example limits: 150 1pc ancient currency, 2 100pc ancient currency, 750 HPBayld, 500 Riftborn Boulders

So regardless of how many hallmarks you earn you can still only buy so much of the stuff. Also it appears you can only buy one of each cape and enough augment materials to max each 'category' of augment twice. This would likely indicate that the capes are going to hang around for a while (and not be replaced next month) imo.

Are the limits total or individual for each item?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-05 05:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambusicade:
"Every month (Earth time) New challengers enter the arena providing diffrent challenges from the month before".
I'm going to also assume the Item pool will also change month to month.

That means that the curret tank/heavy armor DD equipment will only be there for a month....? Possibly.
I'm assuming it's dropped from there in the first place.

It's actually kind of cruel to some level, if that is truly how it's going to pan out.
(The tarutaru tells you it's monthly on his explanation)

Confirmed it. It does.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-05 05:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
So is the Ares 119 set unaugmentable? In that case you're going to have to use a certain Haste+% belt to compensate. Alternatively you can put 10% Haste on your JSE cape and find a belt with 5% Haste, but that is arguably going to cost too much to your set.
You can augment it.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7