Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Ps3 or 360 controller
Ps3 or 360 controller
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2016-03-31 20:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got back from the store i got my self a shitty little 3rd party microsoft 360 controller right.

and i got it all working not every thing is mapped right but i got some things working.

I just found an old topic on the forums here something about the triggers not working as i have the mapped that way on the real 360 and that is how i use my macros all the time now.

Should i return this controler and get a ps3 one i need the triggers can someone explain to me is there a way to work around this or still do it right please.

this is the one topic i am talking about here.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/25190/ffxi-on-pc-with-a-360-controller/

thank you guys for all your help i want to get back in to ffxi on pc as soon as i can. I downloaded the 360 drivers from microsoft found here.
https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
I did not know if where i got the drivers matter but I thought I should put it in there

I am useing this controller btw. the controller mapping is messed up but B is x and x is b but i can get around testing it out now
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2016-03-31 22:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I tryed installing XBCD and I do not understand how i can map it to do what i want i just want to get back in to playing badly.
By Yzzerdd 2016-03-31 22:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

PS4 is the best controller you can get for PC; you can use the touchpad as a mouse button with left/right clicks, and get a chatpad so you never have to use a keyboard again.
By Yzzerdd 2016-03-31 22:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also: google DS4 tool to configure xbox controller
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-03-31 23:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't cheap out, get a Logitech F710.

Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-31 23:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I tryed installing XBCD and I do not understand how i can map it to do what i want i just want to get back in to playing badly.
Fortunately you don't need XBCD anymore, uninstall those drivers and use the official wired drivers from here (which you seem to have done), then go to POL's controller config and pick "Alternate Setup E". Since you are using a 3rd party controller you may have to point it to the correct drivers while reinstalling since they look for a specific hardware PID when installing.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2016-03-31 23:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
Don't cheap out, get a Logitech F710.

were i went i did not see any i wanted that over this rock candy one honestly.

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
Fortunately you don't need XBCD anymore, uninstall those drivers and use the official wired drivers from here (which you seem to have done), then go to POL's controller config and pick "Alternate Setup E". Since you are using a 3rd party controller you may have to point it to the correct drivers while reinstalling since they look for a specific hardware PID when installing.
what do you mean when installing.

can you explain to me how i can get the triggers and stick to work as well or if we cant get the triggers how can i get the macros to be bumpers and the others on back and pause.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2016-03-31 23:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i will be back i need to reset the computer

i am back but what do i do now
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2016-03-31 23:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
Thank you so much.

i think it fixed it 100% for me i made more headway with what you said vs the 2 hours i was trying to do it my self thank you the triggers even get picked up and the sticks you just made me so happy.