FFXI On PC With A 360 Controller?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI on PC with a 360 controller?
FFXI on PC with a 360 controller?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Mastermago
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Mastermago 2011-09-07 19:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gone though quite a battle to get ffxi to finally download "my internet lulz", now im onto the next battle.

I can link my wireless controllers to my pc, but I have no idea how to get it to work with Final Fantasy 11. Suggestions? I've played on the xbox for all of my ffxi career, so im just so used to the controller, I don't want to learn how to play with a keyboard.

Suggestions?
 Sylph.Kingzak
Server: Sylph
user: Kingzak
By Sylph.Kingzak 2011-09-07 19:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxi config from start menu > playonline >ffxi, then click gamepad settings and choose the buttons. u can only get the triggers working with a wired controller and third party drivers + running your pc in test mode
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-09-07 19:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kingzak said: »
ffxi config from start menu > playonline >ffxi, then click gamepad settings and choose the buttons. u can only get the triggers working with a wired controller and third party drivers + running your pc in test mode

^This is absolutely correct.

I'm a 360 man myself and used the controller for a while, but later on I found that an adapter with a PS2 controller seemed the best choice for the game. Those extra two top buttons make a difference.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-07 19:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly suggest XBCD as your driver.

http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html
 Bismarck.Diki
user: Dharshi
By Bismarck.Diki 2011-09-07 19:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are using the wireless 360 controller, you'll need a PC 360 Wireless receiver adapter and the drivers from X360wc.

But with those drivers you can make it work exactly like on the 360 itself. Going to have to ebay/amazon the receiver though, as they were discontinued some time ago afaik.
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2011-09-07 19:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I set up the 360 controller for my PC awhile back. I forget the exact way I did it. But basically, since the triggers don't work because they're not listed as operational buttons under settings, I used several guides. One of them I used is here: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/game-setup-tweeking-optimizing-q/70859-xbox-360-controller-pc-ffxi-howto-5.html.
 Odin.Mastermago
By Odin.Mastermago 2011-09-07 19:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I have the receiver and the drivers =p
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-09-07 19:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I play ffxi on a laptop with a wired xbox controller. I tried using a wireless controller but found that wired worked better for me.
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2011-09-07 19:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as buttons go under FFXI Gamepad Config Tool:

Select / Confirm - Button 1, Cancel - Button 2, Active Window / Window Options - Button 4, Main Menu - Button 3, Autorun - Button 5, Macro Palette CTRL - Button 11, Macro Palette ALT - Button 12, Logout - Button 8, Hide Menus - Button 7, Heal / Lock Target - Button 9, Change View - Button 10, Take Screenshot - Button 6
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-07 19:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Set it up like this to match the way the controls are on 360.

Edit: Guess I was beaten.
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2011-09-07 19:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd call it a tie.
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-09-07 19:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I use my ps3 controller + any bluetooth adapter, you can also use it with the charging wire for a wired controller. triggers work.
 Odin.Mastermago
By Odin.Mastermago 2011-09-08 00:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help all. Im just playing without the triggers, just changed the controls around a tad, and its going to take some getting used too.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2011-09-08 15:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Use the Back and Start buttons to replace the triggers...

Suggestion of a linkshell mate of mine.
 Odin.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2011-09-08 15:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Use the bumpers to replace triggers, and just move auto run to Back and w/e the right bumper normally is to Start.

Thats what I've done with my 360 controller on the PC because my drivers made no difference to the triggers and I couldn't be arsed to mess around to make it work.

Luckily though I play on a 360 normally, the PC is just a back up in case my console should have an accident *god forbid* >.<
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2011-09-08 16:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

it works but you cant get triggers to work, period. i made my start and select button my macro buttons lol, dont use 360 controller for ffxi anymore though
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-09-08 17:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I know motioninjoy will let you use ps3 triggers, and it says something about support for 360 controller in it, not sure if it will work or not, I don't have a wired (or wireless adapter) to attempt it.
 Bismarck.Moghedian
user: Moggly
By Bismarck.Moghedian 2011-09-08 21:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diki said: »
If you are using the wireless 360 controller, you'll need a PC 360 Wireless receiver adapter and the drivers from X360wc.

But with those drivers you can make it work exactly like on the 360 itself. Going to have to ebay/amazon the receiver though, as they were discontinued some time ago afaik.

These drivers work great and allow the triggers to be recognized as regular buttons. They are a bit of a pain to install but once they are you're golden. 
The only problem you will have is with vista and 7. You'll have to bypass their driver enforcement every boot up for the controller to work. They also work with 64 bit.
All you have to do is hit f8 after the pc POSTs like you needed to go into safe mode. 
One of the menu items is "disable driver signature enforcement". 
Select that and you're set.
 Bismarck.Diki
user: Dharshi
By Bismarck.Diki 2011-09-08 22:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
These drivers work great and allow the triggers to be recognized as regular buttons. They are a bit of a pain to install but once they are you're golden.
The only problem you will have is with vista and 7. You'll have to bypass their driver enforcement every boot up for the controller to work. They also work with 64 bit.
All you have to do is hit f8 after the pc POSTs like you needed to go into safe mode.
One of the menu items is "disable driver signature enforcement".
Select that and you're set.

Personally never had to bypass the driver enforcement after the first install. Can Translate JPversion of site to english and get the approriate one for your system which should solve that issue.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-09-08 22:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kingzak said: »
This except worked just fine without test mode for me.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: josht25
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-09-08 22:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Use the Back and Start buttons to replace the triggers...

Suggestion of a linkshell mate of mine.

this is what i do as well. Use the bumpers for macros and back button for autorun
 Odin.Jaregue
user: jaregue
By Odin.Jaregue 2011-09-08 22:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm on windows7 with 360 controller and the triggers working fine
you have to use XBCD and driver signer enforcement overrider to enable testmode, that gets windows to sign the xbcd driver for the triggers to work

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/9118-xbcd-drivers-xbox-360-gamepad.html
instructions post #3

guess i should edit, this only works for wired controllers i believe
[+]
By Mcmurdles 2011-09-08 23:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

you can get your triggers to work, you just have to replace the windows xbox 360 controller driver with the XBCD driver as suggested above.
By Sharre 2011-09-09 09:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

XBCD Driver and Xpadder4. All buttons and triggers work great on wired controller.
 Leviathan.Yogurt
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Yogurt 2011-09-09 10:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a wireless 360 controller. So I don't think I can use those third party drivers to make R2 L2 triggers work. I think what the problem is that they are treated like axis' and not buttons. They work if you set them up for moving the camera, but that's just silly because you can only pan left or right. Does anyone have a workaround for the wireless?
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
user: MoonZ
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2011-09-09 10:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said: »
I use my ps3 controller + any bluetooth adapter, you can also use it with the charging wire for a wired controller. triggers work.

how how!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i have been played w/o triggers on my mule, drop the controller to press macros in keybord its meh for me, since my main is on xbox, im feeling better pressing macross on controller.

im gonna try the alt way using back and start buttons =p

<<<<< using PS3 controller whit motioninjoy (sp)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-09-09 11:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lunazetha said: »
Phoenix.Deboro said: »

how how!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i have been played w/o triggers on my mule, drop the controller to press macros in keybord its meh for me, since my main is on xbox, im feeling better pressing macross on controller.

im gonna try the alt way using back and start buttons =p

<<<<< using PS3 controller whit motioninjoy (sp)

takes awhile to get it to work but I've managed to a few times, you have to use a compatible blutooth adapter (my built in one on my laptop works) and I set it for ps3 controller and then modified the buttons manually.

Kind of have to hit "enable" just about every time you go to use the controller, and if I hit vibrate (and it works) it's working fine, usually I've noticed that the controller will still input but the buttons won't work when the motioninjoy program isn't seeing it properly (which makes sense) but as to why it doesn't always see it properly I still haven't managed to figure out
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
user: MoonZ
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2011-09-09 11:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ya that is weird to me too, why in the hell i need set up the controller everytime i shut down the laptop lol.

the controller always start as normal one w/o the joysticks only the d-pad enable (on that mode the triggers just work fine, but not camera move or character move), to fix this i need "disconnet" the controler and unplug it, then plug it and "enable" it.

to play whit my mule is like a huge ritual to start lol!!!!11!
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2011-09-09 12:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

what ive found to be perfect for me, is a program i found about 2 weeks ago, lets u set any key to ur controller so u can also use it as a mouse if u wanted or with games that dont support controllers.

Its called xpadder, the offcial site has it for sale, pretty cheap, its also pretty popular on "free" sites as well.

by doing this, u can leave ur controller on and/or turn it off (ive had issues using the official gamepad setup) at any time as well as use every single button to do everything u want, as well as alt+tab! i'm mainly a pc player my self but i enjoy to lay back and bust out the controller and just have some chill play.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-09-09 14:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lunazetha said: »
ya that is weird to me too, why in the hell i need set up the controller everytime i shut down the laptop lol.

the controller always start as normal one w/o the joysticks only the d-pad enable (on that mode the triggers just work fine, but not camera move or character move), to fix this i need "disconnet" the controler and unplug it, then plug it and "enable" it.

to play whit my mule is like a huge ritual to start lol!!!!11!

it's nice though, to play wireless
First Page 2 3 4 5