Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Reminder News For PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 Players
Reminder News For PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 Players
By Bloodrose 2016-03-31 15:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all goodi on equipment. I don't craft so mats would clog my inventory, as stressed as it is.

Gil, i could use and put towards pet projects.

But I'd say send it to whoever needs it most.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 15:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Been sending Cert stuff when it does not kick me out. Want him to finish his REMs. Since I can't, lol.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 15:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

And BR, your one of the people I miss . Always been a good dude to me. Thank you!
By Bloodrose 2016-03-31 15:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about Certerus, i take it?
Yeah, he's a good guy
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 18:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You know it. Certerus is a great dude.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 18:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's it for 360 and PS2 users. Its over...
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 18:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn..2009 to 2016 RIP B3
[+]
By Kokonoe 2016-03-31 19:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Damn..2009 to 2016 RIP B3
Yeah, I started out on 360 and eventually became a PC player since the PC version ran much better, but it still was nice having the console version. (I'm a PC gamer but at heart I'm a console gamer 100% all the way)

The console versions may be gone but the memories are there with us always.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 19:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sucks. Wish I was into PC games more. Thinking about FF14. But now I have time for all the Xbox1 and PS4 games I bought. Still, there are some plp I will really miss playing with...
By Kokonoe 2016-03-31 19:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sucks. Wish I was into PC games more. Thinking about FF14. But now I have time for all the Xbox1 and PS4 games I bought. Still, there are some plp I will really miss playing with...
You don't have be into PC games, really. Just use a cheap laptop, hook up your controller to the PC and just considered the PC your FFXI machine. Haha.
By Azurea 2016-03-31 19:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question. There are people that don't own PCs capable of running this game? I mean, if you don't own a PC at all that's one thing (how do you survive!?), but chances are if you do and it was made in the last 10 years (maybe even further back), it should be beyond playable, aside from maybe those crappy early-day netbooks.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 20:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No PC. Internet is for my consoles. My TV is internet ready so I stream movies right to it. Or use one of my counsels to stream it.
By Kokonoe 2016-03-31 20:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No PC. Internet is for my consoles. My TV is internet ready so I stream movies right to it. Or use one of my counsels to stream it.
It's up to you what you decide to do, but just know that any 150$-200$ brand new laptop can run FFXI easily.

You could even just get a 100$ to 150$ PC and hook it up to your TV and it'll run fine.

And a lot of laptops these days have HDMI out anyway so you can hook that up to your big TV as well with a controller. All in all, it just depends on how much you are willing to spend to play FFXI or if you're going to move on for a period of time.
By Draylo 2016-03-31 20:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Azurea said: »
Serious question. There are people that don't own PCs capable of running this game? I mean, if you don't own a PC at all that's one thing (how do you survive!?), but chances are if you do and it was made in the last 10 years (maybe even further back), it should be beyond playable, aside from maybe those crappy early-day netbooks.

That's what everyone is saying, but someone comes out of the woodwork with a lame excuse as to why they don't have one lol.
By Kokonoe 2016-03-31 20:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in this day and age it's actually more common for people to have tablets or smart phones (this in particular) over computers. And stuff like Android OS Chromebooks are becoming a thing as well.

For the casual user, a PC isn't really a necessity if they own a smart device so I can kinda see how this happens.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-03-31 21:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I am one of those Dray..
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-03-31 22:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Here is a simply cure macro using in-game sets
Equipset 21 is pre-cast, 22 is cure potency

/equipset 21
/ma Cure <t> <wait 0.2>
/equipset 22
FYI, I think "wait 0.2" still only works with Windower. Vanilla only works with whole seconds. (Assuming you were trying to point out how to do it without Windower.)
By Yzzerdd 2016-03-31 22:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Azurea said: »

That's what everyone is saying, but someone comes out of the woodwork with a lame excuse as to why they don't have one lol.

People don't need PCs in 2016, honestly, they could be considered obsolete to those who don't play video games on them. Tablets do just fine, if not, do a better job at replacing PCs for professional use.
 Bismarck.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-03-31 22:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yzzerdd said: »
Tablets do just fine, if not, do a better job at replacing PCs for professional use.

I'd like to know how I could do high definition video editing or audio re-mastering on a tablet at a professional level. To be more correct tablets do a better job at replacing PCs for personal/general tasks, such as email, web browsing, video streaming or presentations.
By Masterbuyer 2016-03-31 23:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

this was just a reminder someone through a nuke here or something lol

Overall PC will ALLAYS WIN when it comes to gaming.

Playing Rust the game where you just run to survive and build your home really lol
By Draylo 2016-04-01 00:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I am one of those Dray..

Can't quit XI man!! Get that PC or laptop :)
By Draylo 2016-04-01 00:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
People don't need PCs in 2016, honestly, they could be considered obsolete to those who don't play video games on them. Tablets do just fine, if not, do a better job at replacing PCs for professional use.

Uh no not really. Why would I wanna type up a paper or business report on my phone LOL. Why would I wanna upload/edit quality videos from my phone or stare at a small phone when I can look at my PC to browse and enjoy things? You dont NEED any of it, but its a very helpful QoL item.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-04-01 00:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. Not every day you see something pretty much about FFXI as the #3 post on reddit:

http://fraghero.com/playstation-2-officially-dies-today/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2016-04-01 02:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So random question. What happen's if you try to log on to a 360 or ps2 now? I am kinda curious. I canceled my ID a month ago so I can't try it. does it just say connection error when you try to log in?
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2016-04-01 04:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It will update your Playonline Viewer. It will restart it only to load a PNG stating "Notice of termination of Final Fantasy XI on Xbox 360."

Heartfelt thank you, etc.. Then the only option it will give you if you press O/B it'll bring you to a Playonline menu similar to when you didn't shutdown game correctly.

It simply gives you an option to uninstall Playonline viewer. I'm not 100% sure if it uninstalls FFXI.

EDIT: I've uploaded a screenshot about 2 minutes ago if anyone is curious what screen looks like.
By Masterbuyer 2016-04-01 09:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Now is the time to up-scale everything SE from graphic to FPS I want 100+per sec dam it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2016-04-01 09:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It uninstalls completely.
 Asura.Ramsy
Server: Asura
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-04-18 12:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kokonoe said: »
It's up to you what you decide to do, but just know that any 150$-200$ brand new laptop can run FFXI easily.

You could even just get a 100$ to 150$ PC and hook it up to your TV and it'll run fine.

And a lot of laptops these days have HDMI out anyway so you can hook that up to your big TV as well with a controller. All in all, it just depends on how much you are willing to spend to play FFXI or if you're going to move on for a period of time.
Where exactly could I find a new laptop for $150-$200? I've been looking around the last couple days and haven't really found anything decent.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.