Reisenjima T4s
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 45 46 47
 Asura.Boogerballs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Boogerballs 2016-11-03 15:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Our PLD holds hate fine. RUN tank is a wasted slot in the DD party when you can just use a real DD RUN and deal more damage

Is the pld holding the nm and the adds or just the adds? When we did our 1st meele courage, i was freaking out because at one point i had 6 adds + courage wailing on me. I survived and our pld got the adds off of me pretty quick but im still worried about hate in general when using pld. Our tanks are very well geared and experienced so this cant be written off as them sucking. From what ive seen, dd runs can hold hate way better than a pld.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-11-03 15:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Both. He comes /BLU and geist walls them, then the GEO responsible for vex/wilt cures the PLD and voila, everything does 0 damage
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-11-03 19:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant say one way or the other, I never saved any of the parses(to check crit rates) but doing blu blu cor as dd for it I never seen the blu start loosing dps compared to my cor with bracelets up we all just did less dmg but the %s stayed the same. We did about 20 runs sometimes one of the blus was a war or drk instead though but at-least 12 of those fights were blu blu cor.

When we go for round 2 I will save some parses but there won't nearly be as many runs since we got everyone almost every piece of WoC gear besides body of course.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-04 03:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not too expert about these melee-zerg setups, yet, but I was wondering whats the global consensus about having one SMN in the pt with 4 Melees?
250TP bonus should be quite a boost for most relevant WSs, plus SMN can provide healing in place of a WHM (together with the GEO in the same pt) and also interesting and powerful auras like >25% DA or >20% Crit, or defensive auras (Meva, MDB etc).
Oh and of course another attack% boost in case for whatever reason your DDs aren't capped yet.
This shouldn't be the case, but if you have only one COR for prebuffs, it could save you from using Chaos for instance.

Blahblahblah, so, what's the general consensus about this scenario?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-04 04:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm not too expert about these melee-zerg setups, yet, but I was wondering whats the global consensus about having one SMN in the pt with 4 Melees?
250TP bonus should be quite a boost for most relevant WSs, plus SMN can provide healing in place of a WHM (together with the GEO in the same pt) and also interesting and powerful auras like >25% DA or >20% Crit, or defensive auras (Meva, MDB etc).
Oh and of course another attack% boost in case for whatever reason your DDs aren't capped yet.
This shouldn't be the case, but if you have only one COR for prebuffs, it could save you from using Chaos for instance.

Blahblahblah, so, what's the general consensus about this scenario?

Unfortunately I don't see the SMN providing enough of a boost over a GEO or COR and they most certainly can't main heal such a setup as they lack curaga and yagrush. With multiple-melee's the WHM ends up spamming curaga III / IV as needed and aoe-erase / paralyna / stona / viruna depending on if a status ailment makes it through. Now you might be able to substitute out one of the lessor melee's and use the SMN to boost the remaining 2~3 melee's power.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-11-04 04:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would depend on the NM. Some, like Onychophora, don't even need a WHM, whereas others, like Schah, are shitshows with aoe status and damage. Also few of these fights are really zergs (as in short enough for something like full-time Bolster Frailty) due to defensive mechanics the NMs have.

GEO's the only job you can't outside-buff with anyway, if you're planning to do that sorta thing. Beyond from maybe Haste or Precision, you don't strictly need a GEO in the melee party for offensive reasons.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-04 04:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah depends on the fight. I usually just treat melee zergs as curaga spam for one or two minutes (often less). Being able to instantly restore 600~1100HP to everyone is really nice failsafe.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-11-04 05:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

We've even just relied on stuff like Embrava + Regen, which is handy for Teles when she uses Mute aura, or Kouryu when flails interrupt casting.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-04 06:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Unfortunately I don't see the SMN providing enough of a boost over a GEO or COR and they most certainly can't main heal such a setup as they lack curaga and yagrush.
I see, but someone in the previous page suggested a melee pt with 4x DDs, 1x GEO and 1x WHM.
Then someone else said that for many NMs you don't even need a WHM and that the GEO can provide enough healing.
I was talking about those scenarios.
In such a situation, and assuming COR does only prebuff and doesn't stay in the alliance, couldn't the setup become 4x DDs, 1x GEO and 1x SMN?
>20% Crit or >25% DA auras are no joke, neither is 250TP bonus or the ~15% att boost (which shouldn't be necessary and locks out WARs from using Warcry though).

All in all, it seems powerful enough? And SMN could help the GEO with healing and if need be could start with Perfect Defense, or provide additional damage with BP Rage or even Astral Conduit (altough that would likely *** up SCs...)

Of course for NMs where you really need a WHM it's impossible (unless you can kill before PD wears off? But I doubt anything can be killed in under 60 seconds)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-04 06:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, think about a pt of 4 RUNs with Lionheart and Moonshade spamming Resolution with Shiva's Crystalline Blessing (250 additional TP bonus.
That's like what, 950 TP bonus on Resolution? Sounds like, wow, quite the thing :D Plus RUNs thanks to their innate defensive traits, Valiance, Runes, OneForall and Gifts would need less healing/support, further enhancing the no-whm-needed approach.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-11-04 07:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't always need to consume a slot to receive that buff. For our COR, we have the GEO or other non DPS jobs come on COR, do Phantom Rolls (abusing the NPC for double crooked and fast XI) and then switch back to their primary roll.
By Ruaumoko 2016-11-04 07:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, think about a pt of 4 RUNs with Lionheart and Moonshade spamming Resolution with Shiva's Crystalline Blessing (250 additional TP bonus.
That's like what, 950 TP bonus on Resolution? Sounds like, wow, quite the thing :D Plus RUNs thanks to their innate defensive traits, Valiance, Runes, OneForall and Gifts would need less healing/support, further enhancing the no-whm-needed approach.
Lionheart: +500 TP Bonus
Moonshade: +250 TP Bonus
Blessing: +250 TP Bonus
Warcry: +700 TP Bonus
Total is +1700 TP Bonus with all that active. You can fire at 1300% and be at 3000% for calculation purposes.

It's also worth mentioning that a full powered Ifrit's Favor is +25% Double Attack, which is the same as an XI Fighter's Roll with a WAR in the party.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-04 08:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

People talking about how powerful 500Tp Bonus is from Lionheart while forgetting that WAR has a natural party wide 700 TP bonus / +12% attack bonus that lasts 60s and can be used twice with a temp item. Also has a party wide +40% crit rate boost that does silly things to crit rate WS's.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-11-04 09:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Total is +1700 TP Bonus with all that active. You can fire at 1300% and be at 3000% for calculation purposes.

It's also worth mentioning that a full powered Ifrit's Favor is +25% Double Attack, which is the same as an XI Fighter's Roll with a WAR in the party.

Ruau, tell Saev that I find his lack of faith in SMN's potential disturbing. I give him the benefit of the doubt being that he's been MIA lately. xD

We'll have to show him how everyone can go afk and watch YouTube with me on SMN for Sandworm, etc
By swordwiz 2016-11-04 11:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
Ruaumoko said: »

Ruau, tell Saev that I find his lack of faith in SMN's potential disturbing. I give him the benefit of the doubt being that he's been MIA lately. xD

We'll have to show him how everyone can go afk and watch YouTube with me on SMN for Sandworm, etc

Nope we wont
By Afania 2016-11-05 15:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Boogerballs said: »
Our PLD holds hate fine. RUN tank is a wasted slot in the DD party when you can just use a real DD RUN and deal more damage

Is the pld holding the nm and the adds or just the adds? When we did our 1st meele courage, i was freaking out because at one point i had 6 adds + courage wailing on me. I survived and our pld got the adds off of me pretty quick but im still worried about hate in general when using pld. Our tanks are very well geared and experienced so this cant be written off as them sucking. From what ive seen, dd runs can hold hate way better than a pld.

Ok I would like to share some opinion/experience about the tank hate thing. I have done this with MS WAR+ THF and without THF. With THF SATA hate is really not an issue. Without THF it's actually semi challenging to hold hate off MS WAR on my none epeo RUN, especially if they pop MS right from the beginning(they should IMO) and only 2 ppl in tank pt(thus less enmity gain from aoe enmity JAs). What I did is that I just burn 1hr on woc for hate purpose when WAR start MS and pull hate then flash foil all the way to the end and was able to keep hate that way.

woc has one million ***moves including call wyvern, petri etc, I would avoid losing hate at all costs otherwise it's pretty big dps lose if DD gets status ailment or have to turtle due to wyvern hitting them. That makes THF great for this fight IMO....ability to sc with reso(your heavy hitting ws), stealing 1hr, enmity control etc.

I'm not sure if tank/DD hybrid play style is good for this with lionheart. Even with 55% pdt-, defense food, pld roll I took 1100+ dmg from eagle eye shot without wilt, 700+ with wilt. And ESS can't be parried afaik. If I tp full dps gear and use dd roll/food I would take over 2k dmg from ESS, which is kinda risky with 6 wyvern hitting tank on the same time. Maybe it's less risky with epeo RUN or using some kind of hybrid tp set. But personally I'd rather turtle all the way for safty purpose(and less stun/stoned etc) and I don't think there's anything wrong with safer approach when tanking this.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
Server: Bahamut
user: Sephiran
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2016-11-06 22:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Though very old at this point, Albumen can easily be haphazardly stunned without bots assuming lack of network latency and the like.

Futhermore, in the case of Petalback Spin, even if you stun too late, it gives the WHM a chance to get silence and paralysis off the tank so they can Flash quickly in anticipation of the hate reset. Best implementation of this strategy is to just make SCH's sub BLM and while one's stratagems are on cooldown, one stuns whatever they can. Something is better than nothing, and every Petalback Spin prevented is helpful. Naturally, it does ready fast enough that you won't have time to see it pop up in the log, but if you animation stun, simply hit the button as soon as you see him squat like he's about to take a big dump. Of course, you might hit a spell, but using a Death rotation strategy, how long before he's sucked dry of MP anyway?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-11-14 21:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Recommend doing Onychophora like you would Erinys over mage style. The fight is a complete joke. Did exact same style buffs as Erinys, used less Mewing Lullabies (we're not using Rudra as often so it doesn't gain TP as often) and it still TP'd a total of 0 times.

Used half of our Lucid wings from 100-50%, then saved the rest for 25-0 so we could get 2 rounds of WS in before spells. Had all 3 THF rudra at the same time so it wouldn't skillchain. Took 15 minutes to take it down to 1% while going very slowly then it kinda just chilled on Earth for 5 minutes.

10/10 would recommend
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-11-15 00:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

yea we just throw SMNs at it as well, with 2 geos doing respective malaise/langour and 2nd geo doing torpor/frail

pld, geo, geo, cor smns+bsts easy/quick win since garuda/tiger dont skillchain

as far as SMNs I am curious if its possible to stack enough SMNs to conduit Albumen down. One of ours just for giggles after a lost run did like 15% with 0 buffs/sc's during a conduit, this was awhile ago before recent updates
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-11-15 01:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to try the Erinys method on Albumen too. I could see it working.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-15 01:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Recommend doing Onychophora like you would Erinys over mage style. The fight is a complete joke. Did exact same style buffs as Erinys, used less Mewing Lullabies (we're not using Rudra as often so it doesn't gain TP as often) and it still TP'd a total of 0 times.

Used half of our Lucid wings from 100-50%, then saved the rest for 25-0 so we could get 2 rounds of WS in before spells. Had all 3 THF rudra at the same time so it wouldn't skillchain. Took 15 minutes to take it down to 1% while going very slowly then it kinda just chilled on Earth for 5 minutes.

10/10 would recommend
How do you handle the Fire/Stone modes though?
Compared to Erynys you need to pay attention to:
1) The mode the Worm is in (so physical doesn't heal)
2) Avoid doing WS when he's casting stone spells (physical would heal him under 25% if he's casting stone spells, no?)
3) Avoid Skillchains (Rudra>Rudra is Darkness, at the wrong time in the wrong mode it would heal him for more than 99k. This is especially dangerous because while you can recover by a single SC that happens by mistake, if a second happens it's doomvoid and that's likely game over. (also SC is part of the overall damage on Erynis, if you take that out from the overall DPS, wouldn't it make Onychophora even slower than Erynis? Especially since you have to wait when he's in the wrong mode etc, whereas on Erynis you can just spam WSs whenever you have TP and SA/TA up)

TPing wouldn't be an issue because you would be using WSs without engaging, and likewise Ony's TP moves shouldn't be an issue because without melees meleeing and with SMNs using Mewing Lullabies, no TP moves should ever go off.

I mean it sounds totally doable but it requires lot more attention than Erynis, doesn't it?

...but then again Onychophora requires attention even if you're doing it mage mode. So with that said, it's not a big deal to go for melee setup. If you have a small group it's likely gonna be faster/easier.
For larger groups I think it could be messy though.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-11-15 01:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are thinking about using Mewing Lullaby, it won't work very well. Albumen has a high regain trait unlike Erinys and Onychophora.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-11-15 01:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
If you are thinking about using Mewing Lullaby, it won't work very well. Albumen has a high regain trait unlike Erinys and Onychophora.
Also with a bunch of melees constantly hitting Albumen he would generate a lot of TP.
Of course SMN would still help reducing the frequency of Albumen's TP moves (they can be dangerous!) but I wonder if this difference would be enough to justify the party slot and the consequent raise in Albumen's HP.

I've noticed SMN, even just one, makes a big difference on Onychophora as well instead, even with mage setup.
I wouldn't dare to say it makes the fight "easier", since it's still annoying with his modes etc, what I mean it that it gives you a higher degree of control over the fight and makes it overall slightly more "relaxing" compared to what otherwise is one of the fights where you have to pay most attention on what you're doing and a single mistake can mean a lot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-11-15 03:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Also with a bunch of melees constantly hitting Albumen he would generate a lot of TP.
Of course SMN would still help reducing the frequency of Albumen's TP moves (they can be dangerous!) but I wonder if this difference would be enough to justify the party slot and the consequent raise in Albumen's HP.

I've noticed SMN, even just one, makes a big difference on Onychophora as well instead, even with mage setup.
I wouldn't dare to say it makes the fight "easier", since it's still annoying with his modes etc, what I mean it that it gives you a higher degree of control over the fight and makes it overall slightly more "relaxing" compared to what otherwise is one of the fights where you have to pay most attention on what you're doing and a single mistake can mean a lot.

In regards to Onychophora, I'd say SMN is really helpful for more or less guaranteeing you can get a clean set of death nukes in when Compression's turn comes up.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-11-15 09:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

10/10 would recommend
How do you handle the Fire/Stone modes though?
Compared to Erynys you need to pay attention to:
1) The mode the Worm is in (so physical doesn't heal)
2) Avoid doing WS when he's casting stone spells (physical would heal him under 25% if he's casting stone spells, no?)
3) Avoid Skillchains (Rudra>Rudra is Darkness, at the wrong time in the wrong mode it would heal him for more than 99k. This is especially dangerous because while you can recover by a single SC that happens by mistake, if a second happens it's doomvoid and that's likely game over. (also SC is part of the overall damage on Erynis, if you take that out from the overall DPS, wouldn't it make Onychophora even slower than Erynis? Especially since you have to wait when he's in the wrong mode etc, whereas on Erynis you can just spam WSs whenever you have TP and SA/TA up)

TPing wouldn't be an issue because you would be using WSs without engaging, and likewise Ony's TP moves shouldn't be an issue because without melees meleeing and with SMNs using Mewing Lullabies, no TP moves should ever go off.

I mean it sounds totally doable but it requires lot more attention than Erynis, doesn't it?

...but then again Onychophora requires attention even if you're doing it mage mode. So with that said, it's not a big deal to go for melee setup. If you have a small group it's likely gonna be faster/easier.
For larger groups I think it could be messy though.

I literally browsed reddit for 90% of the fight, it's not hard to just have someone call out when it casts stone or fire, and then wait for it to finish casting before WSing. I did 0 SCs the whole fight because we'd all Rudra's Storm at the same time. Not using Lucid Wings meant that it took long enough to get TP back that we wouldn't SC again. Even if we used wings, we'd just wait a solid 10 seconds to guarantee we wouldn't SC. We could easily fit in 2 rounds of WS between spells (roughly 300k dmg at 50k x3 x2)

I thought BLM method was way way way way worse because spells give more TP than WS and if you use 8 deaths in a row, it is a very likely chance it'll get a TP move off towards the tail end of the MB. Also there were no adds either the entire fight because of the lack of SCs. It's pretty important you don't SC it with THF because if you do Darkness twice I'm sure it'll Doomvoid wipe you.

I also wouldn't even bother meleeing Albumen if I did it with THF+Mewing spam just to reduce the number of TP moves. It does too much annoying ***that it might actually end up being the same speed.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-15 09:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't really see how there's any benefit to mewing albumen, most of his tp is harmless to a tank to begin with

onychophora made sense for a small group, but if you have 6 deaths it's dead in around 10 min with blms anyway.. just have someone sub smn and mewing right after you open compression
By Verda 2016-11-15 09:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say that for mage setups SMN on Onychophora can do upwards of 600k damage off the first darkness chain. We do SCH Helix II on wind, then when dark comes up RUN gambit/raykes and I mew. I wait for a few deaths to go off then conduit night terror for 30s. Night Terror is doing anywhere between 30k and 55k even without burst, with burst it's even more. We can get the worm to 51% before the 2nd rotation even starts sometimes. As most know most of the fight timer is after the 50% mark but it still helps to get to that point as fast as possible.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-11-15 10:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there's definitely more than one way to skin a cat. I dunno why you'd wanna skin a cat though.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2016-11-15 11:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Well there's definitely more than one way to skin a cat. I dunno why you'd wanna skin a cat though.
Because its getting colder and cat fur is a good insulator. Dont google that, im sure its ***
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-11-15 11:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cat gut used to be the main source of violin strings. So if you ever need a reason...
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 45 46 47