Deal: MSDN-AA Access - $19 :: (4x Win7 Pro, 8x Vista Keys!)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Deal: MSDN-AA Access - $19 :: (4x Win7 Pro, 8x Vista Keys!)
Deal: MSDN-AA Access - $19 :: (4x Win7 Pro, 8x Vista Keys!)
First Page 2 3
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-04 07:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

All Win7 choices (versions, languages, architectures) have been removed from the MSDN student offer.

(Nabbed this from BG which nabbed from Slickdeals, but this is an amazing deal if you qualify for it.)

If you're interested in MSDN access and cannot do so through your school this is a very affordable option. I have no need for 90% of this software, but it's an amazing deal for $19 so I felt the need to spread it around. lol The sign-up form is for students, but as far as I can tell there's not much of any checking, and worst case scenario is they just refund your money if you don't qualify, so I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot.

Relevant links:
- http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/81057-deal-msdnaa-access-19-a.html
- http://www.overclock.net/online-deals/565690-msdn-aa-access-19-4x-win7.html

Quote:
FAQ:

Q: I only see 2 keys (x86 and x64) how do I get 4 keys?
A: Windows 7 Keys are architecture and languge independent. You can use a x64 key to activate a x86 installation and vice versa. Likewise, you can use a French key to activate an English installation. On this computer, I've used a French x86 key to activate an english x64 installation with no problems. On the MSDN-AA page, you will see English x86 and x64 keys, as well as French x86 and x64 keys, for a grand total of 4 keys.

Q: What is the correct hash value of a valid download?
A: For 64-bit English, MD5: 7B7AF5FE3A01E9FD76DE4DACB45A796B.
SHA1: 50127304441A793EE51B3F501289F6599A559E9F
CRC: 502C42C1

Q: I still haven't been charged yet! What gives?
A: They manually process your application so it takes some time. It can take as little as an hour, or up to 2 days depending on their workload.

Q: What's the procedure for getting access to the MSDN-AA page?
A: 1. Sign up for an ACM STUDENT membership and create a web account.
2. Head to the myACM page and click on the link to "Developer Academic Alliance" under the My Services tab.
3. You will either get a message saying that "if you recently joined, you have to wait for your payment to be processed", or a long page. If you get a long page, near the top, Opt-in to the Developer Academic Alliance program.
4. Wait until you receive an email stating that you now have access to the Developer Academic Alliance page.

Q: What's the subject of the email containing my MSDN-AA login info?
A: Subject is: "Welcome to MSDN Academic Alliance: Online Software System" sent by "system_mail@e-academy.com".

Alternatively, you can go to the ACM MSDN-AA page, and request a lost password for [your username]@acm.org

Q: I don't have any blank DVD's. Can I use a flash drive to install?
A: Yes you can. I didn't think of adding this section for some reason, but Emmanuel wrote a nice little quick guide how to use a flash drive to install Windows 7.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
I feel as this is going to be a very asked question in the near future as people try to mount the iso to a USB stick!
So here's what to do:
-Follow this easy guide until step 5 (you'll figure out quick why you can't do step 5):
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-in...working-guide/
-Then get this freeware:
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/mi...sc-history.htm
-It will create a virtual CD drive, mount the Windows 7 iso to the virtual drive by following this easy guide:
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/mi...?=mdisc_hlp106

From now on, you can start step 5 from the first tutorial, just keep in mind your virtual CD drive & USB key assigned letter when you enter the commands.

I tried this myself as I was trying to find a way to get Windows 7 on my USB key, and it works perfectly, you won't believe how fast the Windows Installation setup loads files!

Q: Will this expire after my membership is up?
A: No, this is a retail key and a retail install. It will last forever as far as I know

Q: So is this the RTM version I'll be able to get later on in October?
A: Yes this is the RTM version.

Q: Do I only get the key? If so, how am I supposed to install Windows 7 without having a DVD?
A: MSDN-AA provides you with an ISO of the respective program. More specifically, you download a downloader which will download the ISO for you
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-04 13:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is sexy. Just signed up, thanks for putting the information out there.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-04 13:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad you got use out of it! I about lost my ***when I saw this deal, so I had to spread it around. lol
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-04 13:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

GRRRR I wish I had my own CC so I can do this @.@
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-04 13:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooo I'm gonna try this, already did everything it said to do.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-04 15:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Oooo I'm gonna try this, already did everything it said to do.
Mine hasn't cleared and the deals site said it may take some time, but so far everyone else has reported success that I can tell. In an awfully nerdy way this is really exciting. xD

Sectumsempra said:
GRRRR I wish I had my own CC so I can do this @.@
If you can nab a prepaid card from a 7-Eleven for $20 you could use that? D:
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-04 15:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I texted my older, in college brother about this. I can probably persuade him to split it 50/50 with me. He just got a raise at his internship, so I don't think 10 bucks is gonna kill him :D
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-04 15:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

His internship PAYS? I need to make a phone call. -. -; lol Goodluck. :p
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-04 16:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, he works for Panasonic. It extended his college time by a year though.

We're not talking a desk job, either. My brother literally has a quota of products he has to break per time period or something. He gets to do all sorts of cool but really technically advanced stuff.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-04 17:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
Yeah, he works for Panasonic. It extended his college time by a year though.

We're not talking a desk job, either. My brother literally has a quota of products he has to break per time period or something. He gets to do all sorts of cool but really technically advanced stuff.
The extra year sounds like a kick in the pants, but that's pure resume extras which should benefit him big time in the long run. My internship was not nearly as cool. lol
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-05 07:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My membership's live and just got my Developer Alliance Opt-In offer. Just a reminder, but make sure you're following the FAQ on the Overclock.net post (http://www.overclock.net/online-deals/565690-msdn-aa-access-19-4x-win7.html) in order to ensure you actually take advantage of the offer, guys.
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-09-05 09:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is awesome, I hope i did this right.

EDIT:

Developer AA – ACM/Developer Academic Alliance (formerly known as MSDN AA)
Free Software for ACM Student Members
ACM Student Membership Benefit

Thank you for your interest in the ACM/Developer AA Partnership Program. This program is an ACM Student Member Benefit only, available to current Student Members of ACM. If you've just joined ACM, you will have access to this feature once your payment is processed.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-05 11:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

After the purchase you setup a web account for the ACM members correct? If so that's the same message I got and it took about a day to get the opt-in access which will be right on the front page when you login once it's available. Looks good so faaaar. After the opt-in it'll take another short amount of time, the site gauges roughly 24 hours for you to take advantage of the offer.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-05 11:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically, for 20 bucks I get a few keys, right?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-05 11:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much, and it's not just these few OS keys in the thread title; it's a pretty big range of MS software as well.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Thegiftedmonkey 2009-09-05 12:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snap, I'll have to hit this up. =O I was planning on building a new computer when black friday hit and wasn't sure which OS I was going to use. This works out. Kudos Cai. *tips hat*
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-05 13:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

:D np!
 Sylph.Lalo
Server: Sylph
user: jdelabra
By Sylph.Lalo 2009-09-05 15:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

keep this thread alive
!!!
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-09-05 18:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Pretty much, and it's not just these few OS keys in the thread title; it's a pretty big range of MS software as well.

Right it's an awesome deal. If this is the same deal I signed up for a couple years ago you'll get invites to tech conferences and everything(this was optional but free when I signed up).
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-05 19:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Caiyuo said:

Right it's an awesome deal. If this is the same deal I signed up for a couple years ago you'll get invites to tech conferences and everything(this was optional but free when I signed up).
*obligatory "niiiice"* lol I might actually start taking this friggin tech degree seriously if I went to a conference!
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-09-05 22:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honost this isn't really new news.

There are some things you need to know though.

The keys given are one time use only.
Hence the reason that you have access to 4 different keys with Windows 7 Pro.

But if you're like me and rarely ever reformat it's a great deal.

By the time I'll be done with all 4 keys win7's WGA should be hacked/bypassed with ease.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-05 22:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that's weird, I didn't realize that's what it meant by one-time use. I'll just have to image the install afterward so as to avoid any reinstalls. ;x
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-09-05 22:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Oh that's weird, I didn't realize that's what it meant by one-time use. I'll just have to image the install afterward so as to avoid any reinstalls. ;x

This is why you gotta read the fine print.
But hey what's $19 dollars and after thinking about I think the best time to buy windows 7 would be when their first service pack is released.

You should never rush into a new operating system unless you're a developer of some sort
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-06 10:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rushing into new ***is the best part about it! lol Bleeding edge tech nerds everywhere will attest to this!

If anyone isn't keeping up with the BG thread posted in the OP, apparently the Developer Alliance emails aren't likely to come until after Labor Day if you're wondering where the hell yours is at. lol
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-06 11:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably too late now, but Microsoft is giving away free copies of the final build of Windows 7 Ultimate to people who goto their Launch Event in late Sept/Oct.

microsoft.crgevents.com/TheNewEfficiency/default.aspx
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-06 12:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the notice! Wasn't able to register from that link, but found this: http://www.mediafire.com/?reoyxakowtl - A little confusing as I'm not sure if these are literal parties or not. lol
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-09-09 07:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt get an e-mail that my account was activated, but i checked back on myACM and it let me "opt-in" so just waiting for the e-mail with the login info for MSDN-AA :3 Just in case anyone still waiting on that e-mail. I was able to do it tuesday morning.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-09 15:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The links in the OP have been updated to reflect a new condition they're enacting for the Opt-In, presumably because of a flood of applicants. Student IDs and Faculty Advisor names are being requested now after choosing the Opt-In and while some are reporting putting in anything and getting by, it might be worth researching the info. I'm still trying to figure out who I'd use as a Faculty Advisor for my school. D:
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-09 15:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I really go to college so I think I'll be ok, even did the orientation on the site too.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-09 15:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

All legitimate students should be totally fine, but I know a lot are using old info or flat-out making ***up in hopes it works, so I just wanted to pass along the warning that the rest of these threads are blowing up with. lol It may still work as I doubt they'll manage to do background checks on every new applicant, but better safe than sorry.
First Page 2 3