Deal: MSDN-AA Access - $19 :: (4x Win7 Pro, 8x Vista Keys!)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Deal: MSDN-AA Access - $19 :: (4x Win7 Pro, 8x Vista Keys!)
Deal: MSDN-AA Access - $19 :: (4x Win7 Pro, 8x Vista Keys!)
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-09-09 15:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yeah i havent got the e-mail yet but i'm sure they are packed up with apps. I have a student ID so it should be np.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-10 13:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lordy, lordy. I had my MSDN email all along, but for whatever reason it went straight to junk mail. lol

If you're expecting yours, mine came from: "system_mail@e-academy.com"
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-10 13:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I filled in my advisor and student ID # so we will see when I get home.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-12 15:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In the middle of a test install with VirtualBox atm. Once I play with it a little it'll be time to upgrade this 'pewter to 64-bit 7! Not often something this nerdly-exciting comes along. Anyone having trouble with the signup process at this point? Interested to hear what software y'all are after! I've gotten so used to relying on open-source freeware alternatives that I don't even know what to do with all this MS software at my disposal. lolol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-14 12:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Worked for me ^.^ Now to download and copy these to discs :P
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-14 15:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Worked for me too :)

Quote:
You opted in on September 14, 2009.

1. You will receive email confirmation of your Developer AA account over the next 48 hours. The email confirmation will provide you with the URL to the ACM/Developer AA Product Search Page.
2. When you have selected the software you desire, you will be taken to a "Product Details" screen where you can download the software.
3. If you've changed your mind, and would rather we did not create a login account for you, please "opt out" below.

Was able to opt in today. And it's not like they could verify my information really, I really doubt that they contacted my french university. (well I'm an IT student, but pretty certain that you can fill any number + any advisor name to get access).
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-14 15:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Worked for me too :)

Quote:
You opted in on September 14, 2009.

1. You will receive email confirmation of your Developer AA account over the next 48 hours. The email confirmation will provide you with the URL to the ACM/Developer AA Product Search Page.
2. When you have selected the software you desire, you will be taken to a "Product Details" screen where you can download the software.
3. If you've changed your mind, and would rather we did not create a login account for you, please "opt out" below.

Was able to opt in today. And it's not like they could verify my information really, I really doubt that they contacted my french university. (well I'm an IT student, but pretty certain that you can fill any number + any advisor name to get access).
That's what I'm reading from BG. A few filled in random junk and I guess they just did massive approvals for any info being entered. Glad to hear you both got in!

I ended up grabbing all the Win7 and XP keys as well as a few random programs to play with. You can "purchase" keys without downloading, and all the keys apply to any architecture or language, being why you now get 8 Win7 keys from x86, x86 and the 4 languages offered. <3 Dunno if it's safe to hand'em out to friends, though!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-14 15:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

But Win 7 doesn't come out til Oct. 22nd. Is that the beta version?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-14 15:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
But Win 7 doesn't come out til Oct. 22nd. Is that the beta version?
Anything labeled Win7 Ultimate is the Release Candidate (RC) which is like the last step before official release, but the Win7 Professional links are all RTM (Release to Manufacturer) editions meaning this is the same thing HP, Dell, IBM, etc. will be getting for their computers. The only thing missing in the RTMs will be some small patches and security updates which will be available from Windows Update. Other than that it's a finished product as far as I know.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-14 15:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok sweet!
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-14 15:55:02
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

LOL@Aly

Beta version...that would be a huge no-no for a public release.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-14 16:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now, microsoft released a pre-beta version free to download but it expires next month also, so didn't want to download a beta. So was making sure.

Edited: Nvm found the comparison site.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-14 16:16:00

Ya a little hands-on teaser to see what it has, but not the full capability. It's a build they feel is secure enough for public. I'm sure they were taking info from your usage to figure out some issues you may not have known.

Right now I'm actually thinking about doing this, but don't know if Windows 7 is gonna flop.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-14 16:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well either way I have Win XP Pro to go back on. I have the XP version that you don't need a serial key to install it :P Gotta love IT at my job XD.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-14 16:20:59

Running Vista Ultimate on my laptop and Windows XP on desktop after Vistafail. I'll prolly get 7 just to run on the desktop.
 Caitsith.Cyberglider
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Cyberglider 2009-09-14 16:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using Windows 7 since Beta, and then the RC and only had problems with BSOD in Beta. And that was because of ATI's driver support for multiple monitors.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-14 16:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Well either way I have Win XP Pro to go back on. I have the XP version that you don't need a serial key to install it :P Gotta love IT at my job XD.

Slipstream installs are awesome. I made one before that had my XP key, service packs, extra drivers for all of my hardware and extra software that would all be loaded on the computer with a fresh install of windows.
 Sylph.Lalo
Server: Sylph
user: jdelabra
By Sylph.Lalo 2009-09-14 17:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm stuck on this deal, never got the e-mail, but my account has been set up and my card has been charged. And i can't seem to find the "software" link anywhere. ; ;
 Unicorn.Emirii
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-09-14 18:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you update your profile with student ID, and any other info. I just received my login details. I want to make sure though, are these keys one-time use only, or good forever?
 Sylph.Lalo
By Sylph.Lalo 2009-09-14 18:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Emirii said:
Make sure you update your profile with student ID, and any other info. I just received my login details. I want to make sure though, are these keys one-time use only, or good forever?

all my info is there, i'm not sure what to do, i just e-mailed them and see what they can do for me.
 Unicorn.Emirii
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-09-14 18:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lalo said:
Emirii said:

all my info is there, i'm not sure what to do, i just e-mailed them and see what they can do for me.

yeah e-mail them. it took a solid week after updating my student ID to get anything though, just check your spam mail too.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-14 18:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have MSDN-AA access through my school, but I dont really use most of the stuff on there. All I need it for was for Visual Studio and other programming stuff.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-14 19:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Alyria said:

Slipstream installs are awesome. I made one before that had my XP key, service packs, extra drivers for all of my hardware and extra software that would all be loaded on the computer with a fresh install of windows.
Same, made my life much easier when fixing stuff for friends and family. Kind of sad considering the time wasted in retrospect before discovering slipstreams. lol

Lalo said:
Emirii said:

Just in case you hadn't seen my post earlier, have you tried checking your spam/junk folder? It's a long shot, but that was my case.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-14 20:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Better than slipstreams, disc image. Install a ready to run windows system in less than 5 minutes. And way easier to manage than messing up with NLite.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-14 20:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Better than slipstreams, disc image. Install a ready to run windows system in less than 5 minutes. And way easier to manage than messing up with NLite.
I do that as well, actually. Taking a page from PC manufacturers and create a partition to place a clean, brand new image on after all updates and necessary programs are installed when reinstalling an OS so I never have to do it again. lol
 Sylph.Lalo
By Sylph.Lalo 2009-09-14 21:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Hypnotizd said:
Alyria said:

Same, made my life much easier when fixing stuff for friends and family. Kind of sad considering the time wasted in retrospect before discovering slipstreams. lol

Lalo said:
Emirii said:

Just in case you hadn't seen my post earlier, have you tried checking your spam/junk folder? It's a long shot, but that was my case.

Yeah, nothing on my junk folder (i'm using hotmail btw) i'm just waiting on their response. Thanks for the help though
 Unicorn.Emirii
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-09-14 22:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My BF just installed windows 7 on his comp, everything seems good to go. My download is taking forever, however lol.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-14 23:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to leave mine on overnight. lol For whatever reason it took hoursss to download the images to install. D:
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-15 08:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to get the Windows 7 Ultimate but it's saying a message of something of it not being in stock, I forget exact words. How can a download be out of stock??!?!?!??! Well I'll wait a few days and see if I can get Ultimate, if not I'll settle for Pro.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-15 09:06:06

They ran out of Authentication Keys. >.>
You'd think they would register as a corporation/school so they'd get the 1500/unlimited keys, but guess not.