Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Sanity Check
Sanity Check
By Numquam 2015-08-31 22:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone telling him that he is wasting other people's time need to quit this game. This game is nothing but a waste of time that's wasted enjoyably. Yes, you can work on your gear OP and yes you are sane. Screw the guy that put you down and pay no mind to the mindless peanut gallery on here that need to type away a negative post to justify their existence.

You'll find friends along the way that will help you. Just be open to advice and constructive criticism when it is given. Be well dude and play the the game!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-31 22:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Numquam said: »
Everyone telling him that he is wasting other people's time need to quit this game. This game is nothing but a waste of time that's wasted enjoyably. Yes, you can work on your gear OP and yes you are sane. Screw the guy that put you down and pay no mind to the mindless peanut gallery on here that need to type away a negative post to justify their existence.

You'll find friends along the way that will help you. Just be open to advice and constructive criticism when it is given. Be well dude and play the the game!
I don't think whoever booted him is obligated to take him or anyone else along whom they dismiss as unfit.
That person is just as free to boot him as he is as free to not bother gearing his job up to a higher standard. It is kinda laughable being it's only CP but thinkin other ppl should quit the game even tho they don't owe you a leech spot is just as hypocritical. He's above you in gear but now you're above him in morals? Meh I guess I understand both sides and am impartial to either or.....
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-08-31 22:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Me? Yeah. I blow a lot of people's minds with that.

But on the other hand, I get the luxury of being able to say my mules are better than 99% of people's mains.

rofl
By SUPERSAMPOWER 2015-08-31 22:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a game....someone kicks you, Blist em and move on lol. There are plenty of people who will kick you, and plenty who don't really care - find those who don't really care lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Namonaki
Server: Sylph
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-08-31 22:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

CPing is srsbsns.
I think your armor set would've been fine unless you were the sole aoe dmg, then it might've been questionable. Idk as long as you were doing ***, who cares?
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-08-31 22:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Well congrats on getting less than you would have gotten if people were properly geared.

Some people will tolerate it, others won't.

A single player can keep those camps cleared lol, what does it matter what most of the people are wearing?

That said, grouping up to farm JP/slit in escha is pretty pointless if it isn't with friends due to party penalties.
By SUPERSAMPOWER 2015-08-31 22:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lol true - always good to level blu for such tasks! Don't take a blm for any mass nuking!! Blu's do it much better and safer.

Post deleted by User.
By AsuraDeathStick 2015-08-31 23:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am happy to report that after reading my post and feeling sorry for a wretch like me, a fellow Asura'n CP farmed with me out in Escha + Gave me some advice on which stats to prioritize. He said that I should have been wearing my MAB gear instead of MAC gear in anything less than VT MOBs. So i threw on:

ItemSet 337528

While there are plenty of mindless solo farms and quests at which you can acquire better gear, I can only do so many before I want to quit the game because it is so boring. The only time I have real fun is grouping with other people.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-08-31 23:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

moldavite->novio/barakole (novio is dirt cheap, barakole is from a questline)

change body back to spaekona +1, you can also get an acumen ring with sparks which has 4 mab and i think 2 int? otherwise it's pretty passable. you can easily book alluvion yorcia skirmish and leech up helios gloves and boots and augment them for less gil than hagondes
[+]
By AsuraDeathStick 2015-09-01 08:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
AsuraDeathStick said: »
He said that I should have been wearing my MAB gear instead of MAC gear in anything less than VT MOBs. So i threw on:

ItemSet 337528
Did you have any luck with that skirmishing augmenting system?

I was able to buy / farm up enough to get around + 11 MAB on each piece except legs which has + 11 mac.

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
moldavite->novio/barakole (novio is dirt cheap, barakole is from a questline)

change body back to spaekona +1, you can also get an acumen ring with sparks which has 4 mab and i think 2 int? otherwise it's pretty passable. you can easily book alluvion yorcia skirmish and leech up helios gloves and boots and augment them for less gil than hagondes

I can use my blue to farm Alluvian Yorcia. I've gotten a few Teon pieces out of there. I ran it when it first came out but simulacrum ingredients were so expensive then.

As it turns out I had the acumen ring, I just assumed the shiva's was better.

I looked it up and that quested earing is sick. Ill get started on that right away. Would you advise losing the earring with enmity even though its a loss in MAB?

Thanks for the help!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-09-01 09:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend losing the moldavite earring. If you're soloing stuff like you would be in escha CP parties then enmity really doesn't matter and if you're doing stuff with a tank then while enmity matters it doesn't matter much. Also when people look at your gear and see a moldavite earring they assume you're not interested in trying to get good gear.
By SUPERSAMPOWER 2015-09-01 10:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea think I will level blu on this toon, never did try out blu for some reason lol. And its good to see Bst back, when I quit a year ago bst did not have much dps.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-01 10:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SUPERSAMPOWER said: »
Yea think I will level blu on this toon, never did try out blu for some reason lol. And its good to see Bst back, when I quit a year ago bst did not have much dps.

BLU is a lot of work to get up to speed, but once you do, it's so worth it. Also, FF players cringe when you say "Toon", call it a character, pretty please?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-09-01 11:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SUPERSAMPOWER said: »

Good ole' BST, guess it's good it's having some spotlight at the very end, after years and years of being mediocre at everything, and terrible at some things.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SUPERSAMPOWER 2015-09-01 12:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You sir....are a toon....lmao
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-01 12:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Lol, but we can safely assume almost anyone who calls it a toon is not terribly great at this game. At the least, not anyone I have ever seen.
Toon.
By SUPERSAMPOWER 2015-09-01 12:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea gotta love the block feature....

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-09-01 13:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
Your gear seems fine for 119~ mobs but there is a variety of better gear than what you are wearing. It is not a huge deal but who ever you were dealing with wanted someone in more up to date gear to get mobs killed faster. Maybe they were on a time limit with a goal in mind, maybe they are just entirely rude. Also there is the doubt in under geared players that plenty of players express. Don't let them anger you or give them attention they don't deserve.

Funny how they said they were going to call a GM on you if you continued to contest to their player discrimination.

GM's will not get involved in Player disputes unless it's a Direct Personalized Insult or Racial attack.

Disagreements on Gear/Strategy is not something a GM will look at, nor care about. This also includes the extract I bolded, whether what he did was being *** or not is irrelevant, it's not illegal in game so to speak.

I have this in writing for those who require proof!
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-09-01 13:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wearing this gear:
ItemSet 337507

The only thing I can see that the party leader could have had a problem with is the average iLevel of your gear, since there are a few 113 and 115 pieces in that gear set, which would have at least some effect on the capacity points per kill.

But for the most part, he was just being a prat.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-01 13:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I'd be more concerned with the possible implication that the gearset is fulltimed.
By AsuraDeathStick 2015-09-01 17:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
I was wearing this gear:
ItemSet 337507

The only thing I can see that the party leader could have had a problem with is the average iLevel of your gear, since there are a few 113 and 115 pieces in that gear set, which would have at least some effect on the capacity points per kill.

But for the most part, he was just being a prat.

That is a very important point! If the iLevel affects CP yeild it would be very bad.

That would indicate that I need to wear whatever 119 iLVL pieces I have when CP farming.

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Talked to you briefly last night, but if you end up needing people. Then I can do some [A] Yorcia with you on BLU.

Thank you, I haven't done Alluvian Yorcia in many months. I will see if you are interested in doing one when I am playing next.

Post deleted by User.
By AsuraDeathStick 2015-09-03 08:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

OK Made some minor changes to my gear.

ItemSet 337599

I haven't had a chance to mess with Alluvian Skirmish yet but I did find a party doing the tier one Escha nm's.