Increased Job Points. Winners And Losers.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Increased job points. Winners and losers.
Increased job points. Winners and losers.
First Page 2 3
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-11 11:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

With job points and gifts going to 1200 which jobs are the winners and which are the losers?

Link below to see the full bonuses and gifts.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47901#threads/45366/?page=2

Red mages looks cool with refresh 3. Black Mage with death. Bard with song duration plus 5 %. Although 1200 Jp is a long way away and most people prob won't even go for it, which jobs can really benefit from 1200 Jps? Can a warrior with 1200 Jp be useful now?

Opinions? Facts? Thoughts?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-11 11:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU won the update with their 1200 gift.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 11:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
BLU won the update with their 1200 gift.

Yes. So much yes. I never put much time into farming JP's and now i really regret it. 1003 job points to go...

Personally, I also like RDM's 1200 gifts.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-11 11:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Corsair...

I can't even pretend ;;
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 12:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think BLM got a crappy 1200 gift as well.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-11 12:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I should have taken a SS of the TH13 proc I got the other day, that was me getting frustrated with never getting savory shanks + never getting a dring that I decided to poke behemoth with level 1 weapons.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-08-11 12:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC's 1200 point gift is honestly pretty poor. When we got it at 100 JP, it was incredible; going from 5 FMs to 7 was pretty game-changing since Reverse Flourish can only consume 5 FMs, allowing you to reliably close a self-SC with Climactic Rudra's without using No Foot Rise, for instance. However, I've yet to see anybody give an example of something we can do with 9 FMs that we couldn't do with 7.

2% Crit damage and Skillchain damage gifts are hard to get excited about, too (to say nothing of the 550 JP gift actually being a DPS loss), and the generally lackluster nature of the DNC JP categories themselves may lead to a lot of DNCs putting their JP progress in park. The Contradance bug was awesome but hey, nothing lasts forever.

Nobody could expect BST's 100 JP gift to be repeated at 1200 like the other jobs, but what they got could have been worse. It's a flat, if modest, damage increase. At lower levels, the familiar stat increases are getting pretty big (even if that's just compensating for BST not really benefiting from the player stat gifts) and really, given that BST has arguably the best JP categories in the game they'd be a winner this time around even just from the increased caps.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-08-11 12:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Cure for WHM seems interesting, not sure where it would be useful though. Using all your mp to cure 1 PT member seems kind of over the top, can pretty much do that with a cure V and sacrifice for less mp cost.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 12:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Full Cure for WHM seems interesting, not sure where it would be useful though. Using all your mp to cure 1 PT member seems kind of over the top, can pretty do that with a cure V and sacrifice for less mp cost.

This is a last ditch effort when a bad whm actually manages to find a way to run out of MP. Use Full Cure on the tank with your last 20 mp then rest.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-11 13:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
A lot of jobs got a tier of a job trait for a 550 gift, like THF for example. It is cool BLU gets to pick it, and all my BLU friends are really loving it, but I don't think it's the best one.

It may not be the best overall but still there is a VERY big difference compared to THF TH gift. BLU gets tier buffs for ALL job traits it equips except double attack (triple attack), gilfinder (treasure hunter) and auto-refresh.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-11 13:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »

RDM got great ones. And if the 100 point gift for PUP was as game changing as I read it was, then having it doubled at 1200 is going to be very big for PUP.

SMN is my favorite, SMN has gone from 60 second bloodpact timer (one each for rage and ward) to 45 seconds with bp delay gear, to 30 seconds with bp delay II and the 100 job point gift, to 25 seconds with the 1200 gift.

PUP's gift is very welcome with the new attachments, but to be honest I'm not really sure how I am going to use it. My PUP is basically just a tank these days, and +2 elemental capacity won't help much with that. The only thing I think this will do is make my automaton MORE unkillable, which is kinda nice for those i135 fights with gimmicks I can't regen through as of now.

As for SMN, there was a change done to how BP delay works. The summoners in my shell have theorized that the it might be possible to take that time down to 21 seconds now. I don't remember exactly what they were saying, but chances are pretty damn good they they'll have 1200jp today, so we'll see tonight.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-08-11 13:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, set dw 1, get dw3, then take advantage of the stupid amount of dw that SE is throwing on all the gear.
By waffle 2015-08-11 13:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, blu's is a tier up for every job trait you set at once. And in the process of getting there you will get another 5 blu spells points allowing you to set even more traits.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-08-11 13:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hit 1200 SCH. Got +12MACC +10Eleskill +10MAB out of it. Helix II are a streight upgrade of course. Around 300-400 dmg more on a cast without many buffs. Not game breaking but very nice.

SCHs get very nice gifts yo.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-11 13:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
PUP's gift is very welcome with the new attachments, but to be honest I'm not really sure how I am going to use it. My PUP is basically just a tank these days, and +2 elemental capacity won't help much with that. The only thing I think this will do is make my automaton MORE unkillable, which is kinda nice for those i135 fights with gimmicks I can't regen through as of now.

Another PUP here to say that the extra attachment capacity isn't really all that. Even the 100JP gift is overrated, and 1200JP is certainly not some massive gain on the level of the truly excellent 1200 gifts like BLU (come on guys, BLU is the obvious winner).

PUP gift doesn't fix any of the major issues with puppets (which are still issues despite the near constant job adjustments):

Tank automaton is just as unkillable with/without 2 extra slots, especially with stronger new attachments just released. It's also just as hard/impossible for tank puppets to keep hate off any decent DDs & BST pets, regardless of gifts.

DD automaton (Sharpshot, DD-spec Valoredge) is still mediocre damage and it's nearly always better to focus on maximizing damage from the master. The gifts are nice, and definitely a welcome addition, but hardly game-changing even if it is the situation where the gifts help the most. At least you can send a DD Valoredge in with the BST pets on fights that are too dangerous to melee and it can do SOMETHING for damage (and be pretty sturdy at the same time), but no equivalent to BST Ready moves means it's hardly going to compete with a competent BST's pet [the real answer here is that PUP needs a more significant boost in automaton WS power, that would pretty much fix things].

WHM/RDM automaton does the exact same thing with 0 JP as with 1200 JP gift.

BLM automaton is theoretically improved by gifts opening up room for more ice attachments, but still not really worth using.

Not that JP are bad. PUP will actually get far more benefit out of the in-between gifts (Accuracy/Attack/Defense Bonus and the like), as opposed to the more eye catching automaton capacity ones.
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-08-11 14:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Corsair...

I can't even pretend ;;

SE1: "Hey, let's give COR a really nice 1200 JP gift since they've basically been shafted on gifts."

SE2: "Whoah whoah there... we have them -10 sec delay on Quick Draw at 550, plus they always get the bonus on Corsair's Roll."

SE1: "True... Snapshot+5% it is!"
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 14:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, not gonna say COR didn't get a garbage gift, but at least the +5% snapshot is always active.
RNG got:
Reduces ranged attack delay while under the effects of Velocity Shot by 5%.
So they only get their 5% delay reduction 40% of the time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-08-11 14:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Well, not gonna say COR didn't get a garbage gift, but at least the +5% snapshot is always active. RNG got: Reduces ranged attack delay while under the effects of Velocity Shot by 5%. So they only get their 5% delay reduction 40% of the time.
40% of the time, it works every time.

Unless they changed it, you can fulltime Velocity Shot (Duration 2:00:00, Recast 5:00).
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-11 14:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, not gonna say COR didn't get a garbage gift, but at least the +5% snapshot is always active. RNG got: Reduces ranged attack delay while under the effects of Velocity Shot by 5%. So they only get their 5% delay reduction 40% of the time.

But, Velocity Shot last two hours once used.

Edit. Beaten. I assume you are thinking of Rapid Shot, that has a random proc rate.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-08-11 14:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »

Unless they changed it, you can fulltime Velocity Shot (Duration 2:00:00, Recast 5:00).

Oops I read 2 min and not 2 hours. my mistake.
By Chyula 2015-08-11 14:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Winners: War, Drg, Drk
Losers: Sam, Blu, bst

Sam, blu, bst need a buff.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-11 14:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Winners: War, Drg, Drk
Losers: Sam, Blu, bst

Sam, blu, bst need a buff.
So obvious, 0/10, must try harder.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Wordspoken 2015-08-11 15:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one whos first thought was that "we all lost" since this means more job point farming?
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-08-11 15:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Am I the only one whos first thought was that "we all lost" since this means more job point farming?

Yes and no.

I already had a massive amount of JP's stored up on several jobs prior to the latest version update, so in a sense, that put me (and many others) ahead of the curve.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-11 15:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, nobody won as much as BLU. The 1200 is insane and escalates the job even further ahead of all others when it comes to DD, and even allows for a lot more versatility spells. SCH and SMN also got some very nice buffs, and GEO's Ra 3 spells are quite nice as well.
By dedrummer000 2015-08-11 15:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i kinda like the rune ones, the 1200 is trash, but the boosts in inquartata is nice. with the base trait and the boosts, assuming you are also using empty legs, i think its a 21% boost in parry. so 26% is the lowest you can get, thinking thats epic. also with embolden going to to 15, that is a 65% boost to that pro 5 your whm is casting on ya. also can never complain about the MDB gift.
First Page 2 3