Increased Job Points. Winners And Losers.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Increased job points. Winners and losers.
Increased job points. Winners and losers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-13 07:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I dont think WHM's 1200 is bad. I mean i'm in idle of 10 Refresh a tick in adoulin zones, and higher still in escha. if it's a fast cast, it's basically benediction. =-= And with sublimation the MP loss is not an issue.
Shame WHM is used for very little these days T_T
*never gonna get that 1200 JPs*

WHM isn't good for BST setups but where else is it not used? Any time you have someone standing in range of a mob white mage is going to be the best option:

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

WHM is still a tier-S job, with only GEO above it... GEO is too goddamn amazing and ubiquitous.

I think they mean WHM isn't as beneficial to JP parties as other jobs that can heal, like DNC, SCH, GEO, etc, so getting to 1200JP will be hard.

WHM, SCH or RDM are critical to high speed / high capacity JP parties. Your not killing level 128~130+ monsters with a dedicated healer, they will rip you apart. There can be an argument to go with a RDM over a WHM due to Haste II if you don't have a BRD or GEO, but SCH doesn't give you anything over WHM since they should be in LA mode the entire time.

Unless you think "CP parties" is fighting DC ~ EM mobs....

Well whm sch rdm is not needed for bsts plus corsair setups.

If whatever you are fighting is alive long enough to "rip you apart", you're going slow enough to be fighting something weaker.

Also, PUP makes a surprisingly good healer for BST parties. You will always get a full strength PUP roll and the WHM automaton is more than enough to cure the gatherer.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-13 07:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
I dont think WHM's 1200 is bad. I mean i'm in idle of 10 Refresh a tick in adoulin zones, and higher still in escha. if it's a fast cast, it's basically benediction. =-= And with sublimation the MP loss is not an issue.

WHM isn't good for BST setups but where else is it not used? Any time you have someone standing in range of a mob white mage is going to be the best option:

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

WHM is still a tier-S job, with only GEO above it... GEO is too goddamn amazing and ubiquitous.

I think they mean WHM isn't as beneficial to JP parties as other jobs that can heal, like DNC, SCH, GEO, etc, so getting to 1200JP will be hard.

WHM, SCH or RDM are critical to high speed / high capacity JP parties. Your not killing level 128~130+ monsters with a dedicated healer, they will rip you apart. There can be an argument to go with a RDM over a WHM due to Haste II if you don't have a BRD or GEO, but SCH doesn't give you anything over WHM since they should be in LA mode the entire time.

If whatever you are fighting is alive long enough to "rip you apart", you're going slow enough to be fighting something weaker.

Also, PUP makes a surprisingly good healer for BST parties. You will always get a full strength PUP roll and the WHM automaton is more than enough to cure the gatherer.

The masters don't go in there to melee just the pets. 5 bst with 1 cor can get lots of Jps with each multi multi and multi aoe ing
By Sandmaster 2015-08-13 08:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think any WHM will have problems getting JP's whatsoever. Most JP party's are nowhere near optimal (Optimal imo being Blu Blu Cor Geo Geo PLDpuller) but you will get shafted if the Blu's don't have certain spells etc. Today I'm going to either join or make a standard CP party because I've always disliked elitest's and there is noway i'm going to turn into one now but having the very best and optimal is fun from time to time.

Quote:
IIRC the issue with Hassozanshins is that they proc after every other form of multi-attack and, thus, can only proc if every other form of multi-attack fails. So if you're using something like Koga with AM3, they're going to be very, very infrequent.

This is very true, and when I get the last gift I will shed my final two pieces of Double Attack gear (earrings) and just be left with the 10% from /WAR. I use Kasuga+1 body over Acro Surcoat as it has over30Acc/Att, large STP, and 3% Hassozanshin. I was wrong also when I said 22%, I have 22% now (100JP gift/ body/ JSEback/ AHneck piece), it will be somewhere between a 27-28% rate by 1200 which is very nice for SAM. I don't have a Koga, and never will now (Death Penalty however...) but do use a Nenekirimaru with nearly maxed augments, and Koga's Dmg is a mere DMG+224, I have Nene with DMG+285. Playing with a Koga Sam it is plainly obvious that he gained TP faster then I did, but we were still both getting TP as fast as we could use it and the differene in WS DMG (should just say Fudo DMG) was very noticable. There are still many SAM's think Tsuru can compete with a proper Nene, the fact that its delay is longer only serves to benefit it as I had to make next to no changes to my TP/WS sets. That was completely off topic, but going back to the Job point gifts, the 10% HassoZanshin added to my original 17% is a very nice jump indeed. I think WAR's gifts at 100 and 1200 are good also, if I'm correct would'nt that be a minium of a 19% 2H Crit rate from the gifts, 4% merits, and 5% floored crit rate? That's not including any WAR might pick up from gear. To think for years on MNK Destroyer's were the best (except Spharai that were not easy to get back then) weapon and on MNK forum's we used to enjoy saying things like 'Isn't it great when your in a meripo and you sometimes see 6 crit's in a row....'. How times have changed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-13 09:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

The masters don't go in there to melee just the pets. 5 bst with 1 cor can get lots of Jps with each multi multi and multi aoe ing

You want to gather the mobs together for AoE, and the easiest way to do it is to have one master link a group. The master is going to take some damage. And you only need 1 BST, MAYBE 2. Using 5 means either your BSTs suck or you have a whole lotta downtime. Even using just two BSTs we were having trouble with killing too fast. Or you could rotate BSTs in and out of AFK so no one gets fatigued, I suppose.

This is in Sih Gates and Moh Gates, btw. We used to wreck Woh Gates, but it's honestly kinda meh compared to the other two. Plus regular people like to go there to farm.
By fillerbunny9 2015-08-13 09:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

dedrummer000 said: »
just a pain to farm em on rune lol. gotta find a blm buddy

with the new gear that they have tossed at us from Sinister Reign coupled with Yorcia A Skirmish gear, you're kidding, right? RUN has access to an incredible amount of multi-attack gear that two-handers can be envious of, can switch to using a one handed sword if you want to Savage Blade it up instead of Reso spamming with Macbain or the new SR great sword, and if you're soloing have a strong hybrid gear potential to minimize damage. RUN is the only job I had to 550CP before the update, and could potentially be the first to 1200 once I finish some other side projects.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-08-13 10:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

You want to gather the mobs together for AoE, and the easiest way to do it is to have one master link a group. The master is going to take some damage. And you only need 1 BST, MAYBE 2. Using 5 means either your BSTs suck or you have a whole lotta downtime. Even using just two BSTs we were having trouble with killing too fast. Or you could rotate BSTs in and out of AFK so no one gets fatigued, I suppose.

This is in Sih Gates and Moh Gates, btw. We used to wreck Woh Gates, but it's honestly kinda meh compared to the other two. Plus regular people like to go there to farm.

I never get 5 bsts. It's usually me a cor plus 1 or 2 beginner bsts or sometimes anybody that can pull. Me alone was good for 20 Jps when it wasn't double cap campaigns.

I gather up 3-5 acuexs after those are done move on to bats after those are done gather up the leeches at leech and bats room then restart back at aceuxs. More veteran bsts just means even quicker kills leading to more Jps, there's no issues with re pops because we can just move on to another room full of leeches n bats. We don't sit and just wait ok acuexs to repop like you do so no idea how you get repop issues when there's 30 plus mobs full of acuexs bats and leeches.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-08-13 10:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandmaster said: »
Playing with a Koga Sam it is plainly obvious that he gained TP faster then I did, but we were still both getting TP as fast as we could use it and the differene in WS DMG (should just say Fudo DMG) was very noticable.

Koga's Fudo damage is assisted by the fact that AM3 can trigger on WS. I haven't spreadsheeted Nenekirimaru because it was garbage before the third augment was added, but I'd imagine that AM3 procs counter the lower damage, somewhat.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-13 11:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

I never get 5 bsts. It's usually me a cor plus 1 or 2 beginner bsts or sometimes anybody that can pull. Me alone was good for 20 Jps when it wasn't double cap campaigns.

I gather up 3-5 acuexs after those are done move on to bats after those are done gather up the leeches at leech and bats room then restart back at aceuxs. More veteran bsts just means even quicker kills leading to more Jps, there's no issues with re pops because we can just move on to another room full of leeches n bats. We don't sit and just wait ok acuexs to repop like you do so no idea how you get repop issues when there's 30 plus mobs full of acuexs bats and leeches.

We don't wait either. We're just killing the whole part of the map we are farming too fast. I think there are 31-32 mobs in our rotation in Moh Gates. I don't know exactly, I just recall Beaztmaster mentioning it.

Ideally, we fight things weak to fire. Use lizard pets. PUP in party for PUP roll, COR chaining 11s so we always have a full power PUP and COR roll going. SMN uses Garuda's fleetwind since using fight/ready doesn't remove quicking. You blow through the whole place pretty quick. Occasionally the mobs will get through the gathering BSTs shadows and do some damage, but SMN can handle it or WHM puppet can.

Sih Gates are best, but it's not always empty. Moh gates almost always are.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-13 15:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

-best Pro/Shell
-Cureskin
-AoE -na's
-Extremely MP efficient

Since JP's aren't transferable between jobs, specific job orientated setups aren't viable as general rule. Once those BST's have 1200JP you are SoL if you need to get some on another job. You should factor in one or two blank slots for <generic job that can help us somewhat>.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-14 05:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Koga's Fudo damage is assisted by the fact that AM3 can trigger on WS. I haven't spreadsheeted Nenekirimaru because it was garbage before the third augment was added, but I'd imagine that AM3 procs counter the lower damage, somewhat.

I wasn't aware of that, so presumably it gets AM2 procs on a regular basis?

Even so, with Along with gearing slightly differently, I stopped adding DA gear in for Fudo; that was a personal choice based on sometimes when you see a very small Fudo, and I mean, a TP return of like 11-12% and 1-1.5K DMG kinda Fudo; So I just stopped gearing for DA because I'd rather rely on one strong hit, but obviously I can see if that bit of DMG is getting added on a 80%+ basis, along with AM3 procs then I can see how that would add some more. Still, if I can ever get my parser working with Steam this guy said he is more then happy to parse with me. I like DMG calculators, but combining them with parse data for certain things like 'saying weapon A is hands down the best for Job A and nothingelse even comes close' kinda thing takes into account human variables that calcultor's do not, because we do not play like a calcultor would etc.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-14 06:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

AM3 (Occasionally attacks 2-3 times) can proc on WS.

AM2 is Attack+, while AM1 is accuracy+. Both are also assumed to affect WS.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-08-14 07:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

If I'm not mistaken, my Omniscience damage increases when I use it it with AM2 up, for the added MAB, so I would also assume since MAB affects magic based WSs, then Attack+ from AM2 would affect physical WSs
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-08-14 08:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's hoping full cure removes weakness
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-14 08:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've changed my opinion about PUP's 1200 gift. It's pretty good.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-14 20:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

If I'm not mistaken, my Omniscience damage increases when I use it it with AM2 up, for the added MAB, so I would also assume since MAB affects magic based WSs, then Attack+ from AM2 would affect physical WSs

I was confusing AM3 with the chance of getting 3hits proc on a WS. Yes I can't think of a physical ws where att wouldn't increase its DMG (unless ratio is capped, and many ws's receive an acc/att boost on the first hit). What I was trying to mean, is when I get a DA proc on Fudo it add's some 800-1.5K's worth of DMG, which I can only go by from Fudo's where I get an 11% TP return, meaning the main hit missed. So even with AM3 up and the double or third hits kick in on Fudo the DMG still seem's on the lower end.

Once hasted up to 80% (with Hasso giving SAM 13% JA Haste, only needs Haste2 and one PC March to cover the other 42%) you become limited by WS Delay/animation, how fast you can WS, and if your wanting to SC off someone it's almost gurenteed a Koga SAM, and myself using the Nenekirimaru with a 22% (eventually 27%) Hasso-Zanshin-Ikoshten will be on or close to 3000TP when closing the SC. The differences are Koga has more DoT dmg from more swings and is the Nenekirimaru hit's like a truck having over 50DMG more then the Koga and also having a straight wsdmg+ Augment on it. Koga also uses a 5HIT, The attraction of Tsumaru was you can make an easyish 4HIT using STP in the TP phase to give 250+TP/HIT, and you don't need to worry about STP in your WS gear because hit or miss you will always get 250TP after a ws. Nenekirimaru has a longer delay so keeping the 4HIT and being able to WS in all STR/att/acc is easily done aswell. Regardless, it is a GKT that maybe due to low populations, or the dislike of random augments, has slipped thro the net. When it is augmented properly it has a spot within the top 2 GK's.

I think the above is a discussion suited for the SAM forum (but I think all the SAM's are now BST's), but I just wanted to say that I think the 100 & 1200 JP gifts are massive boosts to a SAM's DMG IF used and geared for correctly. I think any GK can take advantage of them, I'm, just not sure where Hassozanshin fits into a Koga's AM3.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-08-16 00:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Death already been talked about? A friend got it tonight and we played around with it on Cowll Hippogryph:

http://www.twitch.tv/giraffeme/v/11157598

He MB'd it for almost half of the NM's health. They were saying it was like over 80k damage, but I had filters on. He did it again and nearly killed it. He started both from nearly full MP, haven't tried any from low MP. The recast on this thing was like 1 minute 15 seconds.
By Felgarr 2015-08-16 00:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Death already been talked about? A friend got it tonight and we played around with it on Cowll Hippogryph:

http://www.twitch.tv/giraffeme/v/11157598

He MB'd it for almost half of the NM's health. They were saying it was like over 80k damage, but I had filters on. He did it again and nearly killed it. He started both from nearly full MP, haven't tried any from low MP. The recast on this thing was like 1 minute 15 seconds.

Jesus. Thank you for posting this!
By Ceas 2015-08-16 00:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD... was hoping for massacre elegy... maybe next time.