Sinister Reign!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Adoulin » Sinister Reign!
Sinister Reign!
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-03 05:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

JP which runes do you use for SR and how do you rotate them?

Can Close Quarter be absorbed by anything? Perfect Dodge? Invincible? Elemental Sforzo? Liement?
I guess it's non elemental breath damage? Or what?
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-09-03 05:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

stoneskin and phalanx will reduce the damage. But abviously won't avoid instant death.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2015-09-03 06:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Can Close Quarter be absorbed by anything? Perfect Dodge? Invincible? Elemental Sforzo? Liement?
It can't be avoided by Sam's 2 hr so I doubt it can be avoided by anything. Other than having party absorb damage dealt.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-03 06:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

AFAIK the only way to avoid No Quarter is to run out of range, haven't managed to pull that off myself.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-03 06:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a big deal, most of the times he's dead before he can use it (our record SR clear without SP abilities was like a bit more than 4 mins I think), I'm just being curious.
I can still hardly believe SE would create such a move without any gimmick to avoid it/mitigate it.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-03 06:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a big deal, most of the times he's dead before he can use it (our record SR clear without SP abilities was like a bit more than 4 mins I think), I'm just being curious.
I can still hardly believe SE would create such a move without any gimmick to avoid it/mitigate it.
You can break his wings, that's probably how SE intended the player base to deal with No Quarter.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2015-09-03 06:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it is conal, so there's that.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-03 07:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen Wings disappear before, but I don't really know how or what produces that.
By Faero 2015-09-03 07:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A few people mention Dark damage somehow being able to break wings. I went Cor last night and broke wings with a 3k Leaden Salute in high (but not best) MAB gear. Got August again next round and failed to break them though. Perhaps there's a dark damage threshold that needs to be reached? Didn't check my figures so I'm afraid can't say much more than that.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-09-03 07:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Our PLD absorbed No Quarter with 5/5 Chevalier +1 once early into the Sinister Reign spam.

Stun would be the obvious easy solution to No Quarter, if you can't kill him fast enough.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-09-03 08:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to No Quarter, a PUP tank can basically just ignore it. I turn my auto away from the other pets, He uses No Quarter, I summon another auto and continue like nothing happened.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-09-03 08:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »

Our PLD absorbed No Quarter with 5/5 Chevalier +1 once early into the Sinister Reign spam.

Stun would be the obvious easy solution to No Quarter, if you can't kill him fast enough.

My PLD's have out run No Quarter/Counter before. It's sometimes annoying and repetitive but it works. Just ensure the WHM keeps Bind off him/her.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-09-03 09:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
In regards to No Quarter, a PUP tank can basically just ignore it. I turn my auto away from the other pets, He uses No Quarter, I summon another auto and continue like nothing happened.
I can get Arise and tank like nothing happened as well, the few times where he manages to use No Quarter before dying.

I was just curious what type of damage it is and why nothing seems to be possible to avoid/mitigate its damage.
The only reliable system seems to be to let him take his wings off, which in the end is no reliable at all because, afaik, there's no 100% method to make him get his wings off.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-03 10:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Varies by boss, and if I'm in a mage run I'll briefly switch for Gambit.

Arciela: Tenebrae, Barfire/amnesia
Ingrid: Tenebrae, Barfire/amnesia
Darrcuiln: Gelus, Barstone/petrify
Rosulatia: Flabra, Barstone/petrify
Teodor: Lux, Baraero/silence
Morimar: Ignis, Barblizzard
Super Arciela: Tenebrae, Barfire/amnesia
August: Tenebrae, Barthunder/amnesia
Sajj'aka: Tenebrae, Barblizzard/paralyze

Using aliases and binds, I can rapidly switch my rune macro and put up Barspells. List of aliases I put in my init.txt file:
Through this, I press Alt+9 to use a rune and it's set to whatever I put in. When it starts, I type //tene at first cuz 66% chance of Arciela or Ingrid. After round 1, I usually type //flabra because if it's Rosy, I wanna be ready instead of fumbling while her and vines are scrambling. Round 3, it's always //tene. Since they take no time, I put barspells up after I've used Flash and stuff.

I also conserve certain wards, partly for hate control and more so to manage what each boss does worst of all. I only use Battuta in round 1 against Ingrid, and round 2 I like to have it for Rosulatia's vines. Pflug also for round 2 to resist Rosy's slow/petrify, Teodor's dispel, and Morimar's bind. Gambit I never use in round 2 cuz all three bosses have a self-erase move.

As far as breaking wings are concerned, I'll have to pay close attention next time I do a mage run to see if it's dark damage (Leaden Salute, Darkness, and bursted Tenebral Crush). So far I've had no problems breaking it using Ground Strike > Stardiver > Rudra's. As a precaution, I just use Hymnus when wings are up since RUN can still grab hate and tank effortlessly while weakened.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2015-09-03 10:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to No Quarter, I've managed to avoid it at maybe a 50% rate, but you have to be spot on with the timing, as in already moving a fraction of a second before he starts the dialogue. (Not using jazero, by the way).

I've found the best method to be to run diagonal past him, and that about 1 minute so upon using Daybreak (up to 1:30 depending on his actions) he'll use No Quarter, so you can gauge it with time.

Pretty funny when I do it in a pick up and the party freaks out asking how I survived it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-03 10:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had friends in BST runs complain of PLDs trying to do that, and regardless of whether they succeed with it or not, it will frustrate your BSTs (this would apply to most people actually, since melees would have to run, GEO effects on him won't keep up, etc). I suppose it's a trade-off, you can either spend time raising/rebuilding hate, or you can spend time not dealing damage in order to survive it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2015-09-03 10:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually the pets are directly behind him, and if I run diagonal, which is the only time I've ever survived it (running sideways/away fails) it doesn't kill them. Granted if the pets are to the sides, I won't do that. Geo bubbles are really not a concern and if I or my PLD dies, honestly hate is super easy to reclaim and never an issue. Not sure how RUN fairs, but this is just talk from 2 enmity+ geared PLDs, one with Burtgang. Probably harder if it's a melee set up though, which I've never tried; just BST strategy since it's popular/easy to get going.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-09-03 11:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Faero said: »
A few people mention Dark damage somehow being able to break wings. I went Cor last night and broke wings with a 3k Leaden Salute in high (but not best) MAB gear. Got August again next round and failed to break them though. Perhaps there's a dark damage threshold that needs to be reached? Didn't check my figures so I'm afraid can't say much more than that.

August is the best damage you can do with Leaden in Sinister. Ever since the people I go with started DD setups (COR, THF, BLU, GEO, WHM, PLD, usually. BLU's slot is interchangable), I haven't seen a No Quarter. Leaden and the Darkness SCs can do up to 30-40k on him.

e: Last run we did in under 6 minutes. I can't stand going with a BST setup anymore.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-09-03 11:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We've started going SAM GEOx2 BLM WHM BRD and most of our runs are 6 - 10 minutes. Considering we spend the first full 3 minutes of the run just buffing the fights are pretty darn fast. (And it could be faster if one of the GEOs wasn't a buff only mule).
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-03 11:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Faero said: »

August is the best damage you can do with Leaden in Sinister. Ever since the people I go with started DD setups (COR, THF, BLU, GEO, WHM, PLD, usually. BLU's slot is interchangable), I haven't seen a No Quarter. Leaden and the Darkness SCs can do up to 30-40k on him.

e: Last run we did in under 6 minutes. I can't stand going with a BST setup anymore.
Can really cater to the Leaden Salute/Tenebral Crush damage if you can manage to bring along a SCH with Voidstorm II and a RUN for Tenebrae Gambit. But yeah I agree, I've never particularly liked BST for this, but then I've only ever gone with pick-up BSTs, and the mages/melees have always been friends.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-03 11:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

We get 6min runs with Byrth as DNC as our main source of damage.
GEO/WHM/BRD(mule)/COR/DNC/PLD setup
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-03 11:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite setup so far has been Blu, Cor, Brd, Geo, Pld, Whm. Using Hunters, Samurai, March, Madrigalx2, Frailty, Vex. I at least seem to be able to cap accuracy with this setup and be able to keep up with CDC->CDC lights due to Samurai roll. Vex seems to work for keeping amnesia and such off. If the Cor is good doing CDC->Leaden is a huge chunk of burst damage, when this works it makes fights insanely quick but most Cors suck.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-09-03 13:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
We get 6min runs with Byrth as DNC as our main source of damage.
GEO/WHM/BRD(mule)/COR/DNC/PLD setup
Get about the same time with GEO GEO WHM BRD BLM SAM, unless we count active time after buffs, thats usually 3:30-4:00 depending if we get august last. (He's the faster time due to yaegasumi)

And I just saw that Hoshi post. One of the geo's is dualbox and the brd and whm are tribox'd by the sam.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-03 13:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried to see if Vex or Attunement alone is enough to avoid charm on leaf or do you need both? Cause thats the only mob I find cockblocking for clear times and it charms at least once per fight.
If charm can be avoided I think our clear time would be faster by a bit.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-09-03 13:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried to see if Vex or Attunement alone is enough to avoid charm on leaf or do you need both? Cause thats the only mob I find cockblocking for clear times and it charms at least once per fight.

It varies. Vex/Attunement can be enough to avoid charm from Hyoscya, but it's not always 100%. With Rosulatia, she's probably a level 125+ NM.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-09-03 13:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Vex and nocturne are not enough to avoid the charm. One of its charm moves is a gaze charm though.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-03 14:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Would have to try BoG vex/attunement sometime then, or bolster it to see, since I hardly get around to using bolster much anyways.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-09-03 14:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Can really cater to the Leaden Salute/Tenebral Crush damage if you can manage to bring along a SCH with Voidstorm II and a RUN for Tenebrae Gambit. But yeah I agree, I've never particularly liked BST for this, but then I've only ever gone with pick-up BSTs, and the mages/melees have always been friends.

I'm a huge fan of teamwork.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-03 15:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Vex and nocturne are not enough to avoid the charm. One of its charm moves is a gaze charm though.
Having the tank wear charm/status resistance gear might help too. As RUN that kind of stuff comes easy enough, and I would imagine PLD would want to sub RUN for this event too. Tenebrae Pflug would grant a flat 30% resistance for /RUN.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 12 13 14