Chanti Handicaps The Republican Field

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Chanti handicaps the Republican field
Chanti handicaps the Republican field
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-28 17:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Clinton also did damage to this country. His sexual escapades dominated the national consciousness for over a year the campaign, his entire presidency and forever afterwards . It was unneeded and ridiculous. Obama has had some scandals, but none on that scale.

I don't know how he makes him the best president ever....
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 17:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Best president ever tie between Abe Lincoln and Jimmy Carter !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-28 17:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What is Jimmy up to nowadays anyway?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-28 17:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Lincoln fought against vampires, according to absolutely historically correct sources.

You can't top that.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 17:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
What is Jimmy up to nowadays anyway?

Farming peanuts and fighting in Palestine !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-28 17:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Well Lincoln fought against vampires, according to absolutely historically correct sources.

You can't top that.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is actually a really good book.
By fonewear 2015-07-28 17:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst president ever Chester A Arthur. Cause *** em that's why !
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-07-28 18:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So, we're discussing the possibility that Clinton was the best of the recent presidents, only to be potentially beaten by Obama? The rose-tinted glasses are strong with this one.

I've asked you and others to make an argument for a better president in the last three decades than Clinton. So far no one has done so. You're saying that Clinton isn't the best. If he isn't, then which president is?

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Clinton also did damage to this country. His sexual escapades dominated the national consciousness for over a year the campaign, his entire presidency and forever afterwards . It was unneeded and ridiculous. Obama has had some scandals, but none on that scale.

I don't know how he makes him the best president ever....

I never said that he was the best president ever. He's not. The best president ever was FDR, followed closely by Lincoln. No other president is close to those two. edit: could make an argument for Washington and Teddy Roosevelt, I guess, I take that back.

Where I live now Clinton is definitely not seen with rose-tinted glasses.

Yes but you live in flyover country so who cares?

fonewear said: »
It is significant yes but the public was ready to support it. It was heading towards gay marriage being passed for years.

As for the affordable care act I don't see what is so "affordable" about it.

My policy doubled because of it. Maybe in the future it will be good but right now I think public opinion is still against it.

Plus I don't like the government telling me I have to buy it. Or be penalized.

I agree re: what you said on gay marriage. Obama waited until it was politically convenient to support gay marriage when there's record of his personal opinion in the 90's as being in favor of it. He still gets credit for being the first sitting president to announce his support of it but I give him an asterisk for being chicken.

I also agree re: the ACA. It's flawed. It's a stop-gap piece of legislation, though, not an endpoint. Forced enrollment or penalty was a necessary part of the ACA. Otherwise it just doesn't work.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 18:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have too many problems with Slick Willy. I mean personal problems aside.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-28 18:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What country is that again?
By fonewear 2015-07-28 18:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What country is that again?

Serbia to most Americans you might as well live on the Moon. They are more familiar with it !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-28 18:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I wanted them to answer.

American ignorance of other countries is their [other countries] strength.

You think Serbia is a flyover country?

Then no one gets to use any inventions of Nikola Tesla and his name ever.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 18:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tesla that guy that helped create Alternating Current. Otherwise known as the other half of AC/DC !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-28 18:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've asked you and others to make an argument for a better president in the last three decades than Clinton. So far no one has done so. You're saying that Clinton isn't the best. If he isn't, then which president is?

Reagan has done better in favorability polls than Clinton. If you want to argue between those two, that sounds about right. You were mostly just sounding like, "Gee, I favor the left, so obviously the Democrats are the only good presidents lately, and only a moron would say Carter, so... Clinton and Obama yay!"
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-07-28 18:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm curious to know which president out of Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Jr, and Obama was a better president than Clinton. Surely not Reagan? The only president out of those who has a claim of beating Bill is Obama:
Spoken like a true partisan hack.

The ACA, flawed but it's the groundwork for true socialized health care in America
At least somebody admits that this is the endgoal of ACA. Besides the fact that it's so obvious, any Republican who would have stated that would have been labeled a fearmonger racist.

Brought Bin Laden to justice
So, you are saying basically that Obama went out there and captured/killed Bin Laden himself? Never mind that the efforts of almost 10 years by various other people, mostly those who worked in the Bush Administration, lead to his eventual death. But, according to you, Obama pulled the trigger....

-Lowered unemployment from 10% (result of Bush's disastrous presidency) to 5.3% currently
While making overall workforce participation at it's lowest since the Great Depression Jimmy Carter levels. Great job there buddy!

-Saved the American auto industry with bailouts
You mean those same bailouts that Bush started before he left? Even though it was a bad idea to start with and should have never happened?

Don't worry, we all know that if the bailouts failed, it would have been Bush's fault (and rightly so!)

-Stymied Iran's efforts to get nuclear weapons with a groundbreaking international treaty
So, you are guaranteeing that Iran will never create WMDs? Yeah, sure. Go ahead and believe that....

-Nominated two Supreme Court justices who were part of the historic decision to allow gay marriage across the US
Like he knew that this issue would have been brought up when he nominated them... Or are you going to say your Lord and Savior Obama can also see into the future? If so, can you ask him what the next lottery numbers are for me please?

-Essentially ended the war in Afghanistan and drastically lowered the number of troops in Iraq
Again, Bush was drawing down the war before he left office. He even left a timeline for a pullout which Obama ignored. But hey, anything to rewrite history, right? It's not like you haven't done that already....

Not even going to talk about Clinton's "accomplishments," especially those that happened during a Republican Congress....
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-28 18:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
While making overall workforce participation at it's lowest
What does this mean?
By fonewear 2015-07-28 18:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The unemployment rate is low because of lot of people gave up looking for a job !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-07-28 18:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

While making overall workforce participation at it's lowest
What does this mean?
Less people actually willing to go to work.

The unemployment rate is determined by those who actively seek work. If you have less and less people actively seeking jobs, and no other events happen, the unemployment rate goes down because the number without a job and actively seeking work is a lower number.

And I stand corrected, workforce participation rates have fallen only to Jimmy Carter levels, not Great Depression levels...

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-28 18:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would unemployed people not look for a job..what do they do?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-07-28 18:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would unemployed people not look for a job..what do they do?
Get on welfare.
Create a "disability" to get SSD benefits (aka defraud the government).
Retire very early.
Be stay-at-home parents.
Become homeless.
Live with relatives.

Among other things that probably wouldn't be appropriate for this forum.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-28 18:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's nice to see KN back again. I was a little worried.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-07-28 18:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's nice to see KN back again. I was a little worried.
I didn't get banned, I just had a whole lot of issues in my life that prevented me from even getting home until very late at night.

There was a week where I didn't even get to go home at all....
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 18:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I claim FFXI addiction as a disability that sounds like fun !

Maybe if I gain a bunch of weight I can get on disability like Homer did. More time to work on that relic weapon yo !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-07-28 18:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-28 18:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon...
That question mark is all that stands in the way...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 18:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm addicted to having addictions !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 18:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have considered looking up sex addict anonymous. You know having sex with sex addicts is part of their therapy !

http://saa-recovery.org/
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-28 18:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm addicted to hearing about people who are addicted to addictive things. Addictionception, yo.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-28 19:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe people aren't really addicts. They just feel guilty about things they enjoy...so they stop doing them.

My therapy for addiction requires you replace one addiction with another.

You are addicted to crack try heroin. Addicted to beer try liquor !
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-07-28 19:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Bill's lies were miniscule in comparison.

Whitewater. money laundering for cocaine dealers. Giving money to other countries, then accepting a portion of that money back into his 'foundation'. etc. Yea totally miniscule. And I was referring the the republicans as the old white men someone previously cried about.

Any president was going to be forced to invade Iraq. Keep deluding yourself that there's really a difference between a republican and a democrat politician.

Also, the .com boom blew up around Clinton. He was lucky to be able to ride it. Although since Al Gore created the internet, it is only fair.

As for the question of best president? Imo they all sucked. Some did better in some areas, such as economic growth or military use. Just because I took a nice dump today doesn't mean I can call it the best. A turd is still a turd. I am hopeful, in my lifetime, that at some point people will get serious about their children's future and vote accordingly. Not because of feels or parties. JFK part 2 <<Can I have it?>>

The aca just helps reinforce the theft of the citizens that is medical insurance. The cost for care should be nowhere near where it is today. Instead some fat people in tall buildings profit off of what should be peoples savings accounts, instead making lifetime payments for medical issues that *could* happen.

Sorry bro, actual unemployment is near 28% after deducing disabled, children, and people over 60 according to us census data. Feel free to math me wrong.

Stymied Iran in the same way Clinton stymied North Korea? Yea that worked out well. lol.

Sorry, but the supreme court ruling goes far beyond same sex marriages. It allows for incest, and any other marriage that adults consent to. If you are giving Obama credit for the ruling, why did he not just executive order it like he has so much else? Did he not run the first time against same sex marriage?

Bush started the withdrawl, sorry. Instead Obama and Clinton destabilized the middle east and made relationships with russia fall back to cold-war tensions. Totally a win!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9