Thinking Of Returning To XI - 2+ Yrs Away!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Thinking of returning to XI - 2+ yrs away!
Thinking of returning to XI - 2+ yrs away!
By Draylo 2015-07-20 16:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully they server merge by then, they have way too many servers atm.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-07-20 16:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Fenrir.Badda said: »
Thanks for all of the comments guys - it's really appreciated to see the forums are still helpful.
Taking everything into consideration, I'll give it a go soon - look out for me!!
Be kind lol.... Its been a long time!
I'll be returning to Fenrir- with the scope to join a friend on another server, just wanna check in on my life long server and see who's still around - if anyone!?

Thanks again

Keep in mind, pugs are dead. If you are depending on pugs then you are going to be disappointed. I never liked doing stuff with pickup groups, because (at least on Sylph) they are run by some of the server's worst players. But it's not even an option anymore. I've done two pugs in the last three months. The pug shouts are all the same two or three Unity fights or Vagary, and it's the same lazy setups- now featuring beastmaster instead of ranger, for the most part. No thanks!

Pug is not dead, not on bahamut at least. There's still lots of shouts, the shouts last night 9-11 were vagary, delve, unity (my shout), skirmish escha.

Also teaming up with Japanese players is still good. 1000 players means 1000 players you can team up with Japanese too.
By protectorchrono 2015-07-20 17:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Hopefully they have a change of mind and do so earlier than that tho. Like have Bahamut, Odin and Asura as the only 3 servers as they have the high populations atm and merge all the lower population servers with those 3 servers. Only need 1-3 servers at this stage of the game's life anyway. No need for 7-8 servers anymore anyway :/.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-07-20 17:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

@423 online at the moment.
By Draylo 2015-07-20 17:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »

Hopefully they have a change of mind and do so earlier than that tho. Like have Bahamut, Odin and Asura as the only 3 servers as they have the high populations atm and merge all the lower population servers with those 3 servers. Only need 1-3 servers at this stage of the game's life anyway. No need for 7-8 servers anymore anyway :/.

There are 16 servers man, that is way too many atm lol. I was against it before but I mean 16 is a bit much for the current numbers.
By protectorchrono 2015-07-20 21:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »

There are 16 servers man, that is way too many atm lol. I was against it before but I mean 16 is a bit much for the current numbers.

That's why they need to merge sooner than later lol. 16 is a little much especially at this stage in the game's life. Shorten it to 1-3 servers and it would be more beneficial for the remaining and any returning players who need help or content done and might need help with them. Waiting til November is kinda of a pointless move to make, even if more resub for RoV doesn't mean all will resub for a long time lol.

SE needs to think about these things when making these kind of decisions lol. Merging now would probably increase population and some resubs as well, but if they wait til near the end of the year when major stuff is done, then there's no real point. I say merge now, it would be a more beneficial move now more than later lol. :P
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-20 21:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect it'll be 16 -> 4 after November.

You want servers to have populations and an economy, but crowded isn't any good either.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-20 21:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has flubbed the server merge, I had every intention of coming back in Nov 2012 pre-Adoulin if they announced a server merge, (yes it was needed then) fast forward 3 years and still mum is the word and a lot of people like me are long gone.
By Draylo 2015-07-20 22:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Long gone to their other MMO, you sure showed them.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-07-20 22:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

...Wasn't trying to show them anything. Point stands, the server merge is 3 years late and nowhere in sight.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-07-21 01:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

600+ again, i would move servers and change my situation if i was you /shrug/