Why I Quit FFXI For The 100th Time.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why i quit FFXI for the 100th time.
Why i quit FFXI for the 100th time.
By Draylo 2015-06-27 09:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
FFXI died about 5 years ago some people are just afraid to accept the truth !

You died 5 years ago
[+]
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-06-27 10:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
There's a psychology behind these threads and comments. They want to take a veiled jab at the people still playing this game as it somehow gives them satisfaction and justifies their choice to themselves. People can't just leave the game and be at peace. They linger around forums or make negative comments about it in different places. I haven't figured it out yet as to why but anyone can pretty much see it happening. As we near the end we'll see more and more disgruntled people.

It's a shame for an awesome game that people grew up with and had a lot of fond memories with. You'll see people who spent years of their life on this game just bash it relentlessly after they quit. Probably won't stop until the end or into their phone game port lol.

The FB group for my server is like this, we have people who desire wanting to come back, and you get those who have quit and are salty towards the game to try to discourage them from doing so. Also they pull this s**** too, "Hey you wanna play on the era-server? it's FREE! We are ALWAYS level 75! No abyssea, No Adoulin!!" =_=
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-06-27 11:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Over the years plp change and this game has changed. Its real simple. If you still enjoy playing, play! If not, don't play. Is it harder to ge the things I want in game now, yes. But I still have fun login in every time!
 Asura.Blittzjr
Server: Asura
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-06-27 11:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Haters gonna hate
 Bahamut.Gorion
Server: Bahamut
user: Gorion
By Bahamut.Gorion 2015-06-27 12:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If that was true then we wouldn't even be having this discussion. The Game has changed, and its only dead to those that have stopped playing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-27 20:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
I don't care that FFXI is an older game.

I've been playing RPGs since I was seven, watching my best friend's dad playing the original Final Fantasy on NES, then begging him to let me borrow it. He did, and I've been playing the series ever since.

Some of it's nostalgic, I suppose. There's a lot of old-school elements in the game, some good, some bad. Fetch quests in particular are really annoying but those have been in RPGs since the dawn of the genre. There's always going to be pointless things; however, going through those generally nets great rewards.

Population has gone down some, and I personally dislike soloing. Trust may do a job, but they don't crack jokes or lot against you when a desirable piece of gear drops. Sometimes just seeing who gets it is exciting.

Part of the reason I like this game is being able to interact with others. I've made friends I'd never have been able to meet through any other means, and that's a wonderful thing. Yeah, there's gonna be douches. That's a fact of life. I don't let them ruin my game, though; I ignore and move on.

I took a two month break not long ago and when I came back, everyone did their best to make me feel welcomed and helped me get back up to date.

Yeah, it's just a game. The entertainment I get from such a small amount of money is more than worth it. For the price of one midrange dinner out, I get hours of fun (and frustration, but sometimes that's part of the challenge!).

If a player finds that they're finding it more like work than fun, then they shouldn't be playing. That's a personal decision. I think no more or less of people who drift away from FFXI.

Some of them I miss. It's always saddening when a friend quits.

I'll personally be around for awhile. I find plenty to do, sometimes more than enough, lol. A lot of my time is spent helping other people, mainly returnees who lack clears for newer content. I get a lot of satisfaction from that, and 99% of the time they're grateful and shocked that someone would take the time to help without expectations of payment.

People helped me get what I have. A good friend of mine just came back to the game after almost two years away. He'd helped me with my LB5, loaning me gear and giving me the strategy needed. Now I'm more advanced than him, and I've been assisting him with what he needs now. He says now I'm his mentor, as he was to me long ago.

That sort of thing is worth staying around for.

(TLDR version: if you enjoy the game, play if. If you don't, then don't.)

Well said seeker. I'll be around for a while as well. Was contemplating moving to ffxiv but way way too much stuff still to do in this game like mastering blue Mage, beast master scholar which includes getting max gears, spell and 550 jps .
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2015-06-28 21:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say i'm a person who has gone back and forth with playing this game and trying to put it in my past.

I think remembering the days back in 2004, the ultra grind, sitting waiting forever in the dunes for a party pick up to maybe get, 3-5 levels in a few hours in the early 10s. I remember the roughness this game gave and it was a challenge to get up to 75, and even more challenge to get into end game content (Joining a Endgame LS, and building "points" so you can earn the right to lot on a drop of relic armor or weapon)

The old system was fun in it's time but also had created a lot of problems within group dynamics.

The level cap increase, level sync, xp rate increase, removal of level caps from story missions, trusts, RoE and sparks, and now the Final story line RoV, giving out things from an NPC that you'd have to spend time hunting for or crafting or farming to build up funds, so easy now.

I think with all the things they added, I felt there were things I could complete, When I first started, I never finished any story lines (not even rank missions) but with all the changes, I've gone through all the nations, Zilarts, Chains, Treasures, now working towards wings of the goddess. I can finally see those plots unfold for me and my character.

The speed which to get to max level and easy of limit breaks (now allowing for trusts in LB5 fight for example) I can jump right back into full gear from being gone so long, instead of having to wait a long time to get back there.

Reforges of JSE like armor and End game Weapons isn't as soul crushing as it was in the past. Easy set ups for NM fights to get what you need as well as from sparks to build up quickly to the rest.

Im glad for the changes, and I know the memories of the past seem great (not denying that) But like most memories, we remember things better than they actually were. And trying to re-live the memories won't get us the satisfaction that we once had.

I will, like most people, move on from ffxi once the last storyline is complete and i feel content with my time in Vana'diel.

whether I spend a lot of it on my own, or journeying with other players through the goals, I will enjoy what time is left here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Turqone
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Turqone 2015-06-29 05:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkblight said: »
Why I quit FFXI again….

i stoped after that .. :x ..
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-06-29 06:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

^Same. Too weak.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-29 06:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
^Same. Too weak.
"Too weak to be worthwhile"
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2015-06-29 07:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Reason why I quit, All the people on my friend lists quit, and all I was doing was dyna with bst for 2hours a day and then sitting afk for the other 22hours, I got a relic.....didnt even upgrade to 99, and just quit....

Also when SE announced we had to pay with crysta or w/e its called, I was using playonline, and got the message to switch to crysta or w/e, when I got that message I just nvr switched, and stopped playing...
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2015-06-29 07:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to point out if you were in my linkshell and quit over and over again, I wouldn't want to help you with missions and gears either. In the years I did play many times I saw people who hardly ever came to events or even socialized in the ls come practically into the chat demanding help. It almost seemed like they had a circuit of linkshells they would cycle through to see how much help they could leech.

Unfortunately with the dawn of Abyssea came the rise of more solo/low man material. At this point unless you had tight friendships with people it became harder to get some things done as the symbiotic relationship of you and a large links hell began to crumble. I'll spare the debate on whether this was a good or bad turn for the game as there might literally be close to a thousand threads on this forum alone on the topic.

The game may be old but I still enjoyed playing it. I mainly quit because a large portion of my friends did. I'm also taking a break from any kind of online games as it seems like games are being released "unfinished," are on easy mode, or are rampant with hackers/modders. So I'll argue that "new games" suck too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-29 07:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
Reason why I quit, All the people on my friend lists quit, and all I was doing was dyna with bst for 2hours a day and then sitting afk for the other 22hours, I got a relic.....didnt even upgrade to 99, and just quit....

Also when SE announced we had to pay with crysta or w/e its called, I was using playonline, and got the message to switch to crysta or w/e, when I got that message I just nvr switched, and stopped playing...

I have two friends who came back just to build a mythic cause you can complete it in less days then before but still the same amount of grind. How the heck is that fun? They gonna quit after they complete it or before they even make it lol.

I have a variety of stuff to do. Even tho I play a good numbers of jobs, I can still gear blue Mage gear scholar gear geomance augment stones for beast master gears. It's very mind boggling the things I want to do. It's seriously not for the weak. It's fun once I get to use those jobs to near potential and trying to master it.
By Soraishin 2015-06-29 09:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd be lying if i said i'd welcome habitual quitters into any LS w/ open arms , even a social.
[+]
 Sylph.Ticu
user: ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-06-29 10:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I don't think it's a jab at people playing, I see it as more of opening discussion about the game's social and design issues. The social issues kinda revolve around the fact that it's not easy to find people who you'd want to spend your time with. Some players have no LS or crew or whatever, and can only catch a break with a lucky pick-up group, or if they offer a reward (ie: mercs for clears). What's fun about a social game where the only people who you can socialize with are dickish and self-interested?

The design issues, well, yeah some shitty ideas and systems made their way into this game, but you generally don't think about them as much when you're having a fun with friends. That aside, I get a lot of satisfaction making my own .bgws and models, and more so seeing them work in the game. I know that's a bit extreme for everyone, but I'm getting more outta the game when every zone has a tune now, and I can fight Balamor to this Jenova cover.

I've always wanted to replace the in game music with the orchestral versions. Do you know of a guide out there that could teach me?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-29 13:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticu said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I get a lot of satisfaction making my own .bgws and models, and more so seeing them work in the game. I know that's a bit extreme for everyone, but I'm getting more outta the game when every zone has a tune now, and I can fight Balamor to this Jenova cover.

I've always wanted to replace the in game music with the orchestral versions. Do you know of a guide out there that could teach me?
To replace existing song files, you'll need a program called XIMC, which converts .wav to .bgw (FFXI's music file format). Unless you already have looped song files, you'll need to manually loop them using an audio editing program, like Audacity. You can get a large variety of already looped song files from this Smash Bros site, though you'd need to use one of their programs to convert from Smash Bros' file type to .wav. Unless a song loops start to finish, you'll want to use this brief guide to have songs begin normally and loop at a proper looping point.

To play songs in areas that don't normally play them requires fancy Lua work, like with the addon SetBGM. My brother made his own version of SetBGM to prevent updates overwriting it, which has all of the songs we want for each zone. There's a surprising amount of stuff you can do with this. One of my favorite features is that the Delve music goes silent when we approach the boss, and then plays an individual theme for each boss when we pull it (all from Monster Hunter, like Zinogre for Cailimh). It then plays a victory tune when we kill it.
[+]
By volkom 2015-06-29 13:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the few games I don't mind spending $12.95 every month. But $40 destiny dlc~ *** that
By Armyguy 2015-06-29 14:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Its so funny when people say the game is dieing or dead, just because its now different. This game has so many different things in it to do. Yes leveling is easyier, you dont need an alliance to kill things anymore, there less people on and the graphic's arent like todays games. but theres more things you can do with small groups and tons of ***you can do with people or solo. If you dont like the game anymore sorry to hear that.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-06-29 14:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Armyguy from diabolos?
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2015-06-29 14:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Wut? LOL! Seemed to be going strong enough to warrant another expansion in the time, rendering your statement, unintelligent.
By Zackan 2015-06-29 14:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Will be quiting in April myself. Going for FF14 or Skyrim. I don't have nice things in game anymore. But I am having fun still. If I could just get Josi to help me get a wing so I can toss this sparks dagger, lol.
The solo attempt went poorly huh? Did you see my solo video to help give advice? but yeah I'll help this weekend /grumble! : P

why i quit ffxi^^ i don't play mmo's to play solo^^ thats the only reason.(well that and rl>game) lol.. i get obsessed if i play.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2015-06-29 14:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Needs a "Why I came back to FFXI for the 100th time" thread, so we get the complete picture.

This, is exactly why I don't assist returning players as much as I used to. Person quits, comes back, expects everyone to help them catch up, quits again. After several years of that, it got old. Now my assistance is largely reserved for those that haven't quit.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2015-06-29 15:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Needs a "Why I came back to FFXI for the 100th time" thread, so we get the complete picture.

This, is exactly why I don't assist returning players as much as I used to. Person quits, comes back, expects everyone to help them catch up, quits again. After several years of that, it got old. Now my assistance is largely reserved for those that haven't quit.
This^^^^

I know I'm one of those people who takes breaks for severs months on end then returns for a few months then leaves again. However i know i can't burden my friends with helping me all the time so i try to pay them or help them with stuff in exchange
By Armyguy 2015-06-29 16:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-06-29 16:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Armyguy said: »
Yes

HEYO!

good to see you around. this is Irish / Kiddo. we got to kick it around quite a bit, many moons ago. I was always runnin' with that taru chimichanga. hmmm - mmmm. good times.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-29 17:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »
Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Will be quiting in April myself. Going for FF14 or Skyrim. I don't have nice things in game anymore. But I am having fun still. If I could just get Josi to help me get a wing so I can toss this sparks dagger, lol.
The solo attempt went poorly huh? Did you see my solo video to help give advice? but yeah I'll help this weekend /grumble! : P

why i quit ffxi^^ i don't play mmo's to play solo^^ thats the only reason.(well that and rl>game) lol.. i get obsessed if i play.
can you imagine if you had many jobs 75 and you whined and moaned for a full alliance to help you kill dark spark for each AF you want?

It's a waste of your time and disrespect to the people's time, need to grow up at that point and realize some things in game will always be a joke to solo if you put effort in, and not demand to be hand held constantly.
I'm assuming BBB is refering to Skirmish, why would you need to solo that? I know you can, but there are plenty of people still doing it so making a group shouldn't be difficult. It's nothing like demanding help for AF quests.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.