How long did it take you to get Dring
 Asura.Jkun
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2015-06-06 05:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could tag a certain someone from our linkshell in this post >:D

To answer your question, I stopped counting around 0/15 and got it one or two campaigns later. At some point I began buying sav shanks I could find below 1.5M but my Dring finally dropped from a login shank
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-06 06:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Unrelated but i was thinking, supose you sell drings. Selling a dring isnt actual selling but a contract, you pop a shank and sell it if the ring drops. But, supose one side of the party break the terms. Can the other player call a Gm to intercede? Would the gm confiscate the dring or there is nothing he can do if soneone cheats like not paying and having the ring, or not giving the ring after paying, etc?
Yes.

The GM will remove the item from the player if proven guilty. The item will then be destroyed.

There is absolutely nothing that can be done toward the players that got ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-06-06 06:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Unrelated but i was thinking, supose you sell drings. Selling a dring isnt actual selling but a contract, you pop a shank and sell it if the ring drops. But, supose one side of the party break the terms. Can the other player call a Gm to intercede? Would the gm confiscate the dring or there is nothing he can do if soneone cheats like not paying and having the ring, or not giving the ring after paying, etc?
Yes.

The GM will remove the item from the player if proven guilty. The item will then be destroyed.

Depends on the GM. I know right now they are typically a lazy bunch, but a few years ago, some GMs took it seriously, some didn't. We had one guy lot and not pay, and the GM did nothing to the person, because "You can't technically sell an item you don't have in your possession.", then later, we had another GM not only take the item from the person, but also the agreed upon amount of Gil, and pay our leader with it.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-06-06 07:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

1/44 on my part!
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-06 07:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Yes.

Depends on the GM. I know right now they are typically a lazy bunch, but a few years ago, some GMs took it seriously, some didn't. We had one guy lot and not pay, and the GM did nothing to the person, because "You can't technically sell an item you don't have in your possession.", then later, we had another GM not only take the item from the person, but also the agreed upon amount of Gil, and pay our leader with it.
No, you're mistaking 3 different situations ans just treat it as "GMs are lazy and do whatever they want".

There are strict policies.

If the agreement is bad, nothing will be done as the GM cannot prove that there was a proper agreement, and therefore cannot prove the scam.
If the agreement is good, the player who's guilty will be dealt with.
If it was a trade based scam and the item is still on the guilty player, it can then be given back (money, items in general). However, there are absolutely no guarantee of this, ever. The GM will always tell you "we will do our best, but we cannot guarantee anything". There are many factors, many things to check with the policy, before you can move items, or even create them if the situation requires it. The only thing a GM can be lazy about is not doing the investigation properly/at all, but it's a grave mistake and is very rare.

If you were scammed of a rare/ex item like the example given above, it has never entered your inventory, so you aren't allowed to have it being given to you.

If you were trade scammed and the item has been sold/traded to other players, then the investigation becomes much more difficult, as in, it becomes much more difficult to give it back to the player.
If it was sold on AH or through bazaar, you are ***.

GMs may be lazy, just like any human being doing a repetitive work task and dealing with (mostly) idiots, but they still follow specific policies.
Brainless bashing like you do is specifically why players are very difficult to take seriously and are very often told to kindly go *** themselves. In a corporate way and if policies allow, obviously.

Most GMs are pretty enthusiast about the job and aren't allowed to be lazy anyway, they can even be pretty pro active. It's not correct to straight dismiss them.
Just like it takes 2/5min to understand if a player is stupid or not when receiving a call, take the time to understand the policies behind in order to be sure if there is laziness or if it's just policies being harsh.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-06-06 07:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend in my LS, who totally deserves good things, is in the hundreds of kills. I, on the other hand, went 1/1 on Savory and 1/1 on ring, and don't deserve it. Wish I could donate my ring to him.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-06 08:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

1/13, give or take a couple.
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-06-06 09:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

1st character: 1/3
2nd character: 1/2
3rd character: 1/16
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-06-06 09:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I've been trying since the first login campaign, add in a few bought savories and shanks gained from Horns of War. 3 characters worth of login campaigns.

Still no D ring.

EDIT: Also what the hell is with this forum selection for the topic?
Just want to know friends did buy me shanks to try and help me get it as well before i did get it and i used all 5-6 off my shanks from my main and mules each log in(that i remembered they had s shanks in the log in)
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-06-06 09:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Yeah, no idea why this was in Spellcast Scripting > Paladin. It's in General now.
I thought it was in the plds forum sorry i forgot to check iff it was a spell cast forum or not sorry.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-06-06 09:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

All in all, I think I used up around 40 Beaslty Shanks and 12 Savory Shanks from login campaigns. Never bought any Savory, only Beastly and only when cheap.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-06-06 09:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
All in all, I think I used up around 40 Beaslty Shanks and 12 Savory Shanks from login campaigns. Never bought any Savory, only Beastly and only when cheap.
I used more b shanks then i can count. the s shanks like i said it was more then 37 something like 65 but i lost count and then just started again as i started to try again.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-06-06 10:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

a follow up question now what are you going to do with the s shanks from the next log in now that you who have d ring got it.

me i am going to take the 1.1mil-1.5mil and buy my self 3 more stacks of dyna coins so i have 3 more 100s i need.

what about you guys.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-06-06 10:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have killed King behemoth over 300 times and only ever saw Pixie Earrings. (People on Cerberus, especially people who sold the pops know how bad my luck was on this.)
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-06-06 10:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just buy some +2 stones from Skirmish to augment Alluvion armor/weapons :P
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-06-06 10:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Just buy some +2 stones from Skirmish to augment Alluvion armor/weapons :P
#I don't play anymore, I went full Scumbag and went to FXIV where the fights are harder than 11, although there needs to be far more... content we'll see with the Heavensward Update making us have to farm all the shitty dungeons to get good enough gear to beat Alexander
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-06-06 10:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I have killed King behemoth over 300 times.

0/30ish myself, went 1/1 for WW leader back at 75 cap :<
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-06-06 12:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said: »

No One Cares Valmur!

I hate you, and reiden, and Midgitis for going 1/1
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-06-06 12:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said: »

No One Cares Valmur!

I hate you, and reiden, and Midgitis for going 1/1
see someone shares my pain. i know like 5 people in my ls who went 1/1 and i wanted to yell.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-06-06 12:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-06-06 12:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I used more b shanks then i can count. the s shanks like i said it was more then 37 something like 65 but i lost count and then just started again as i started to try again.
And I only had that shank that finally dropped it for you because we had 500 more login points than usual. (That char is behind on trusts and needed all four of them.) So, double lucky there.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-06-06 14:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »
And I only had that shank that finally dropped it for you because we had 500 more login points than usual. (That char is behind on trusts and needed all four of them.) So, double lucky there.
You and everyone in the linkshell know i am greatful so thank you i want to say again.
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-06-06 14:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it even count now with all the free shanks from mules and cheap ones on bazaar? 1/26/100+ going back when shanks were 8 mill and kb was still a lottery pop.

As for the stolen pop, sounds like alliance/party leader was too stupid to collect gil or kick member before it dropped.
 Odin.Jsmooth
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-06-06 15:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

1/10. I only actually bought 4 savory's. I went out 6 times with the intention on just buying the ring. Popped it 4 times in a row, got it on final pop of that round! No thf ftw!
 Ragnarok.Paimeii
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Paimeii 2015-06-06 15:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My ls went 1/86 in the days of kings. Only about 3 a year were dropping on Ragnarok before it was made a pop nm. I then went 1/68 post update. Anyone who is 1/1 can ESAD!
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-06-06 15:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jsmooth said: »
1/10. I only actually bought 4 savory's. I went out 6 times with the intention on just buying the ring. Popped it 4 times in a row, got it on final pop of that round! No thf ftw!
having a thf dose not matter. TH dose not work on KB.
 Cerberus.Decimation
By Cerberus.Decimation 2015-06-13 10:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got my D ring last week, 1/35, been trying since before loggin campaigns were around.
 Siren.Dagget
Server: Siren
By Siren.Dagget 2015-06-13 10:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

1/1 on Dagget, 0/11 on my alt
 Odin.Spyderhawk
By Odin.Spyderhawk 2015-06-13 10:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

1/20ish for Spyderhawk 1/3 for Alt

Selling the ring this month if anyone is interested PM in game or on here. Nothing lower than 20m. Thnaks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2015-06-13 10:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

1/151, I kept track in my bazaar comment so I may have missed a few kills. A friend and I spent a ton of gil on nq and hq shanks.

After he spent millions on shanks for me, his ring dropped the next day on his first kill.