The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 150 151 152
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-06-29 01:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gutsu said: »
Wanted to post a strat for the new unity nm that drops the carby and cait sith mitts. Tried doing what papesse said and it went horribly wrong. First time i tried with just 1 pt of 6 people i had both earthern armor which i casted and bard from our ls cast scherzo. The first 2 times all three elementals did astral flow most of us took no damage. But shortly after people started to get ko'd. You either take almost no damage or you die instantly. Its good to cast earthern armor and sherzo but its not full proof you will have many people dying. So im going to list better strat and more info about the fight. He usually summons 2 elementals at the start followed by a third one shortly after. These elementals will all astral flow at the same time if left alone however if you kill them they will not use astral flow. The tonberry nm will resummon them but you have a decent amount of time to dd him down before he summons more. Usually around 20~25% of his health he will summon 3 carbuncles and they will do astral flow instead of the elementals doing it. Killed him many times and we never had any astral flows go off except for when he summons the three carbuncles. Only on one occasion did he not summon all three carbuncles but not sure why this was. So just bring couple of mages to nuke down the elementals and have the other dd focus on the NM. I would keep up earthern armor and help kill the elementals then deal damage to the NM when no elementals were up. Near the 20~25% mark you can have all but the tank back up away from the NM and wait for him to do his carby astral flow. While waiting for the carby astral flow to go off if he summons more elementals just have 1 person pick them off and take them to the group waiting in back for astral to go off. It is possible to sleep the elementals so you could try this also but i just went ahead and killed them.

My group must be incredibly lucky then, on over 40 fights Searing Light never killed us when both Earthen Armor and Scherzo are present. The only time we got killed by SL is when one buff wears off right before SL (happened once or two for us).
Our setup : PLD, SMN, BRD, GEO (Regen+Frailty) and COR (Beast+Hunter but already won without rolls)
Realmrazer/Atonement > Volt Strike (Light) takes 25-35% and up to 40-50% if Volt Strike crit.
We don't kill elementals and we never seen them use Astral Flow, only the NM. Elementals stay on the PLD 95% of time if we don't cast something on him (basically, only cure if it's really necessary, Ramuh get the hate after each SC anyway), Shock Squall if they start to attack someone else.
NM dies in 3-4 skillchains (2 min~ fight)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-06-29 02:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's been said, but if you guys want to go with the "Earthen Armor + Scherzo" strategy, make sure to avoid:

1) Shell (any)
2) Phalanx
3) MDT gear
4) Bar-spells of the related element (well... there is no bar-light and bar-dark :P)
5) No Vallation/Valiance of the related element
6) No Carols of the related element
7) Anything else that reduces magical damage

Stuff like Stoneskin is fine, it gets calculated after Scherzo and EA.
The formula for magic damage taken calculation applies Earthen Armor and Scherzo reduction at the end.
You get the rest by yourself, you don't need me to explain.

Basically you increase magic damage taken on purpose, to greatly increase the chance of EA/Scherzo to proc.
People originally used this strategy against VD Avatars with melee setup (no tank) and they were easier than D ones lol.
Pretty confident it works on these 3 new avatars as well.
By TrickedAsura 2015-07-05 16:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Has any explanation been given for the blood pact nerf?
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-07-05 16:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

None
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-07-05 16:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There have been 3 reports from japanese players on the official forum. 2 are now in "Unable to Verify" section, the third is still in "Accepted Bugs". There is one in the english section too but idk if they will ever read it.

From my personal testing :
The nerf/glitch only affects magical Blood Pacts and is rather strong depending on the BP.

Before the update
Somnolence Vs Wild Rabbit : 3057 damage
Nether Blast Vs Wild Rabbit : 5267 damage

After the update (with the same equipment)
Somnolence Vs Wild Rabbit : 1721 damage (43,7% dmg decrease)
Nether Blast Vs Wild Rabbit : 3971 damage (24,6% dmg decrease)

The "Blood Pact damage" job point category doesn't seems to be the cause, although it was the only SMN thing patched on this update.

Lv 99 SMN with 0/10 JP on Blood Pact damage
Nether Blast 757
Somnolence 303
Night Terror 1104
Impact 1366
Wind Blade 1254

Lv 99 SMN with 1/10 JP on Blood Pact damage
Nether Blast 762 (+4)
Somnolence 307 (+4)
Night Terror 1108 (+4)
Impact 1371 (+5)
Wind Blade 1258 (+4)

Avatar/Spirit Mag. Damage has 0 effect on our BPs also (is it normal? was it always the case?) but I don't think it can be the sole reason to explain a so big drop in damage.

This nerf is very, very annoying for me, especially in Escha.
[+]
By TrickedAsura 2015-07-05 17:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We can only hope it wasn't intended and that it gets corrected.
 Sylph.Gutsu
Server: Sylph
user: Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-07-07 01:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My acuex camp from woh gates is a bit tougher now. I use to be able to oneshot them with shiva did around 17~18k i believe and now doing 12~14k. And avatar magic damage from job points did add damage to bloodpacts i remember marking down my damage with heavenly strike on the mandies in ceizak battlegrounds before i had any magic damage job points then after i got 10/10 i had different numbers. If i remember correctly it was damage increase of like 300~350 on those mandies. Next month supposed to be a balance adjustment to jobs and more ja's. So hopefully we get something to compensate for our nerf in avatar magic damage and maybe get a new pet ring or something with decent chunk of pet mab in next escha zone to slowly start getting back the damage we lost. This still my favorite job and has been for many years wont give up on it.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-07-07 01:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
There have been 3 reports from japanese players on the official forum. 2 are now in "Unable to Verify" section, the third is still in "Accepted Bugs". There is one in the english section too but idk if they will ever read it.

It's been placed under "accepted bugs" on the English forums too, so I have hopes that it is indeed unintended.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-07-07 02:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

"Accepted Bugs" only means it's under review / transmitted to the devs. The 2 first JP reports were there before being moved in "Insufficient Information" and then in "Unable to Verify".
I have no doubt it's an unintended glitch but nothing will change if the devs are unable to find what's wrong or to verify how were the damage before the update.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2015-07-09 03:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally, they found the problem. Something about avatars not getting anymore "magic damage +" traits with ilvl gears (Nirvana, Seraphicaller etc). They have also confirmed that the job point category "Avatar/Spirit Mag. Damage" isn't working properly. Everything should be fixed in tomorrow's maintenance.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-09 03:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Took their *** time...
Better late than never.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2015-07-09 08:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Finally, they found the problem. Something about avatars not getting anymore "magic damage +" traits with ilvl gears (Nirvana, Seraphicaller etc). They have also confirmed that the job point category "Avatar/Spirit Mag. Damage" isn't working properly. Everything should be fixed in tomorrow's maintenance.

Link? I can't find an official word on the JP or English forums. =/
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-07-09 08:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the one

Quote:
召喚士のアビリティ「契約の履行」に関するご報告です。

「「契約の履行」のダメージが以前よりも低い」とのご報告を受け、
検証を重ねた結果、原因が判明しました。
以下の装備品により召喚獣のLvを上げた際、
本来、召喚獣が得る「魔法ダメージ+」が正しく反映されていませんでした。
ニルヴァーナ
ニルヴァーナ(アフターグロウ)
アステリアミトン+1
ラマスミトン+1
コンヴォカーラー
ダシャバタラサシェ
エミネンサシェ
イダラージャ
セラフィコーラー
ジョブポイント「神獣と精霊の魔法ダメージアップ」の効果が正しく反映されていませんでした。

現在、修正・検証作業を進めており、このまま大きな問題が発生しない場合には、
明日(7月10日(金))のメンテナンスで修正予定です。

Google Translated:
Quote:
This is your report on Summoner abilities "fulfillment of the contract."

In response to your report of the "" lower than the damage of the fulfillment of the contract, "the previous"
As a result of repeated verification, cause was found.
When we raised the Lv of summon by the following equipment,
Originally, servitor get "magic damage +" was not correctly reflected.
Nirvana
Nirvana (After Glow)
Asteria Mittens +1
Lamassu mittens +1
Convocaller
Dashavatara Sachet
Eminent sachet
Idaraaja
Seraphicaller

The effect of the job point "God Beast and spirits of magic damage up" was not correctly reflected.

Currently, the Company has been carrying out a correction and verification work, if this remains a big problem does not occur,
This issue will be corrected in the maintenance of tomorrow (July 10 (gold)).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2015-07-09 08:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I was looking under the bug section. Explains why I couldn't find it. Thanks Shiraiyuki =D
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-07-09 09:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the Japanese reps are a lot more involved with the playerbase than the English so also post in discussion threads.
A lot of information can be found by browsing the DEV Tracker as that accumulates everything posted by SE staff in both English as well as Japanese.
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-07-09 16:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the official translation:
Quote:
Greetings,

The development team has been looking into this as we’ve been receiving various reports. As a result of testing, we’ve discovered that magical Blood Pact damage is lower than usual, and we’ve also determined the cause.

When equipping the following items to increase your avatars’ level, the additional magic damage that they should have been receiving was not being properly reflected.
Nirvana
Nirvana (Afterglow)
Asteria Mitts +1
Lamassu Mitts
Convocaller
Dashavatara Sachet
Eminent Sachet
Idaraaja
Seraphicaller

Additionally, the effect from the gift that gives increased spirit and avatar magic attack was also not being properly reflected.

We’re currently working to resolve this issue, and we are planning to fix this during the maintenance tonight.
[+]
 Sylph.Gutsu
Server: Sylph
user: Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-07-10 03:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well damage seems to be working correctly so far 12,289 heavenly strike to mandie in ceizak battlegrounds. Although as i said in previous post was not going to stop playing smn because of it. But of course im happy damage is back :). And i like the post Verda lol.

Did some kills at my acuex camp in woh gates.
All is in order dont see anything wrong as of now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-10 13:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I start using my Nirvana again? :)
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-07-10 13:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-07-10 13:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been messing around on SMN recently and was wondering if anyone had a current Flaming Crush gearset. I know it's s hybrid BP, so I'm not really sure what to emphasise in the macro.

Thanks in advance!
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-07-10 14:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The set on the guide on the first page is still the best, except I swap out Evokers Ring for Thurandaut. And it doesn't specifically say, but the Conveyance cape can get a 5 BP damage aug.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-07-10 14:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying for skill and BP dmg+ on my second Conveyance, because I managed to get Delay II -3 on the other one and I'm keeping that.

How much damage, on average, am I missing out on due to lack of Esper Earring? I intend to try and farm one up, but that's easier said than done.
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-07-10 14:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BP damage actually doesn't influence it by very much, at least not as much as MAB gear does so I'd say you may miss out on 1k extra damage at most. Probably not even that.
As for a gearset, this is mine:

ItemSet 332424

And yes, I do swap out Nirvana for my augmented Keraunos on this one.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-07-10 14:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much for the help!

Now to go broke augmenting Helios...
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-07-10 14:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck! That delayed my Nirvana project by a couple of months. ._.
By TrickedAsura 2015-07-11 14:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So now the Bp nerf has been fixed, do the blood pact damage and magic damage job point categories work the way we originally expected they would?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2015-07-15 00:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was bored and decided to test something that might not have been known about Elemental Siphon. Each use of Siphon absorbs 20% of the Spirit's Max MP, regardless of the MP restored. Tested this at full MP and at low MP, using the same summoned Spirit.

EDIT: Doesn't appear to be consistently 20% as Spirits MP gets lower. Once it reached 40% the next two Siphons absorbed 18% each. Still absorbed the final 4% when I used Siphon but I was full MP so I have no clue if the MP restored would have been reduced or not.

EDIT2: Day changed to Lightsday. % Absorbed from ThunderSpirit was less than when day matched. Seems day/weather play a part in how much the Spirit loses as well.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 150 151 152