The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 150 151 152
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-11-21 20:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like it would be very tough Liz. I would duo with a GEO friend. And like you, I really need to finish my mmythic staff. I am 0/3 so far on T1.
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-11-21 22:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried soloing Merlinic Gloves NM, I have a Nirvana, but I didn't fair too well against it. Any recommendations on a set up for it? Or a NM I could try to solo.
 Asura.Prophecyy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-11-21 22:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I don't have nirvana and solo'd most of the t1 (minus tonberry and mimic). All were done with flaming crush except bugard which is weak to ice. Some took one conduit, others took 2. I have 2100 JP and a lot of gear though not all the apogee+1 yet.

Setup is just summon a trust like king of hearts for dia 3 refresh 2 and other buffs/debuffs, gessho my go to trust, I use cherukiki as whm I find the fact she does regen when no other whm trust does among other things to amke her good if you not in Apu or Yoran's unity. Nashmeira II is also a solid whm however. Iroha II very hand in that she can aoe restore hp and mana and does skill chains. For my last trust I experiment so, up to you. August as a backup tank or Selh'teus also good but honestly the trusts don't matter too much because the fight is over in the span of 40 to 90 seconds anyway. Food is Kusamochi or Grape Daifuku.

The Merlinic hands NM is hard if he starts using death gaze but otherwise I didn't think he was too hard, I did have to kite him around with only healer alive before tho he seems to take reduced fire damage. I only recommend doing it this way tho if you don't have a GEO and/or COR friend because with them it's way easier and you won't burn as much silt. To get a revitalizer you need 20k kills in escha. You also wanna have a lot of vorseals especially for attack, accuracy, magic attack, magic accuracy and str, dex, int.
Personally I havent done many solos but I'm curious how your fight was against Oryx, the unicorn. Easy/difficult solo?
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-11-21 23:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Coolio. I'll give it a shot. Thanks Verda.

Edit: I had my doubts but you're right. I was able to solo it. The fight was a bit messy, and used alot of temps, but it worked. Thanks again!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-11-22 13:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No baby! I love you!
I tried a few Dulahan and Ahirman, as SCH, BLM, SMN, PLD with Aparuru and King of Hearts. They took roughly 8-13 min each, I guess GEO does make a difference, was doing magic burst strategy, because my Flaming Crushes are not that great I guess :) Anyway, guess a GEO would be way to go.

Also, I noticed that if I cast Accessioned Storm on a Trust, my avatar also gains it, won't work if I cast it on my self or an actual party member. What's up with that?
[+]
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2015-11-22 13:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
Also, I noticed that if I cast Accessioned Storm on a Trust, my avatar also gains it, won't work if I cast it on my self or an actual party member. What's up with that?
My friends and I also noticed this recently. If the WHM/SCH does accession Protect V/Shell V on the trust, it will also give your avatar protect and shell. I verified the def increase with checkparam. We also saw Regen IV go onto the avatar, and yagrush was removing debuffs off my avatar (when first targeting a trust).

Also works on BST pets and PUP automaton.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-11-22 13:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I do recall somebody asking me to cast Cure on my avatar and on their pet. I couldn't cure their cricket, but I cast it on my avatar but it had no effect. He had mentioned it was somewhere on update notes but couldn't find it and I didn't bother looking for it or trying anything after trying that. It was just til I saw that only by casting on an accessioned spell on my trusts that I saw it hopped over to my avatar.

I glanced at the SCH and BST forums and didn't find any mention of this. I wonder what the possibilities could be if a SCH were to give Embrava, Adloquium, and Regen 5 to a BST pet or Automaton. Unfortunately Avatars don't typically live long at times.

Also, I think I need adult supervision, I can't make up my mind on which stats to pick on Merlinic Gloves, Had BPD+10 Pet: INT+8 MAB+8 and then BPD+4 Pet: STR+15 MAB+28.
[+]
By Elizabet 2015-11-22 21:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have nirvana and solo'd most of the t1 (minus tonberry and mimic). [...] I have 2100 JP and a lot of gear [...]

I guess the JP makes all the difference. Curious though, what path Espiritus are you using for FC? I'm always going back and forth from C to D to C to D... I *think* D works best... I really need to get a 2nd one >.>;
By Elizabet 2015-11-22 21:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I think I need adult supervision, I can't make up my mind on which stats to pick on Merlinic Gloves, Had BPD+10 Pet: INT+8 MAB+8 and then BPD+4 Pet: STR+15 MAB+28.

I'd kept the bpd+10 one.. I feel that, the gloves because of the native MAB / ATK and BPD on them, with a BDP+10 aug and 20+ MACC (the rest is bonus to me!) are hard to beat for just about any dmg BP wether phys or magical. Makes for a great inventory saving piece!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2015-11-22 22:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Prophecyy said: »
My friends and I also noticed this recently. If the WHM/SCH does accession Protect V/Shell V on the trust, it will also give your avatar protect and shell. I verified the def increase with checkparam. We also saw Regen IV go onto the avatar, and yagrush was removing debuffs off my avatar (when first targeting a trust).

Also works on BST pets and PUP automaton.

Is it possible to entrust a indi to a trust and have it work for pets too >.>? Being able to give an avatar their corresponding Storm II could have potential for a massive damage increase if it still functions correctly.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Elizabet 2015-11-22 23:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my set:
ItemSet 339591

Helios augs are BPD+6/7, Cirt+3/4, Mab+29/30. Merlinic gloves augs are BPD+10, MACC+26, MAB+6 STR+8. Espiritus is Path C/D (switcihng a lot these days trying to figure it out) Cape relevent augs are BPD+5 SMN Skil +8.

Tried Crom, without poping Astral flow, using shiromochi for accuracy, was seeing ~4k Flaming Crushes. I'll go try again using astral flow... But at this juncture, I think it's the diff in JP. I'm at 500.
[+]
 Sylph.Gutsu
Server: Sylph
user: Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-11-23 02:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No baby! I love you!
I tried a few Dulahan and Ahirman, as SCH, BLM, SMN, PLD with Aparuru and King of Hearts. They took roughly 8-13 min each, I guess GEO does make a difference, was doing magic burst strategy, because my Flaming Crushes are not that great I guess :) Anyway, guess a GEO would be way to go.

I subbed /sch on smn and went out to ceizak battlegrounds and put firestorm on ifrit and at first didnt think was going to get damage boost since cant have avatar wear the obi but he actually did gain a nice chunk of damage. My meteor strike went from 16,234 to 17,933 on the mandy. Also the stormspells give certain boost of a stat depending on spell like thunderstorm will give dex and every 2 dex equals 1 acc so avatar did gain some acc. Did firestorm which gives strength and pet gained attack according to /checkparameter. Pretty cool find Garota this can be useful when soloing stuff till they patch it i guess. Only tried three meteor strikes without stormspell and 3 with stormspell but it seems to be working. Bst pets getting regen 5 is kinda broken when you combine that with companions roll from corsair.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-11-23 06:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Will be trying out Verda's recommendation on solo Rei T1's. Hope it goes well.

My main and my mule both have Nirvana's so I will make the mule stand back in-case things go south. Both will have revitalizers.

I need a few gears from these NM's.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-11-23 07:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So as /SCH your storm spells granted stats to the avatar as well? I figured this was only possible by SCH75+ with merited Stormsurge. As for Entrusting an Indicolure spell to a trust, it may be worth checking out. They way I had understood the Indicolure aura mechanics, pets do not gain the buff, but this may be a way to over write it similarly to how Accessioned spells cast on Trusts are hopping over to pets now. Worth checking with /checkparam

I just discovered it by accident, I decided to use Accession an Aurorastorm for Aparuru, King of Hearts, and my PLD all at once for their cures I guess. Then I saw the Storm hop over to Ifrit since he was next to her. I tried the same thing with Firestorm and surely enough it happened again.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-11-23 07:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's likely a bug that'll be fixed when someone reports it. (Some janky code treating the owner of the Trusts as if they were pets that could be buffed and the avatar being buffable by that loop.)
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-11-23 10:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »

I'd kept the bpd+10 one.. I feel that, the gloves because of the native MAB / ATK and BPD on them, with a BDP+10 aug and 20+ MACC (the rest is bonus to me!) are hard to beat for just about any dmg BP wether phys or magical. Makes for a great inventory saving piece!
Yup the BPD+10 ones were almost certainly the correct choice. I've done the math on this one extensively because I was trying to reroll my BPD+10 MAB+14 roll, and I got a MAB+40 with no BPD option. I was in that dialog for about 20 minutes mathing it out.

The BPD+10 MAB+14 ones beat the MAB+40 ones even for pure magic BPs. Garota's options were a little closer together I think, so they might be pretty even for magic BPs but I think the BPD+10 one would've been much better for Flaming Crush.
 Sylph.Gutsu
Server: Sylph
user: Gutsu
By Sylph.Gutsu 2015-11-23 10:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never taken a video before so I apologize for lack of quality (it's slightly sped up but I think it's cuz it lagged my computer so much and the thumbnail shows it letter box but vid isn't). Here is me beating Crom. Was first attempt today. Notice how I make sure ifrit behind or to the side of him, I don't know if his shield can block hits from ws or flaming crush but I didn't wanna find out.

YouTube Video Placeholder

A few pacts have missing hits, which makes me think maybe I should go back to the apogee mitts for accuracy. With my set above you have 50 accuracy and 30 magic accuracy which is more important than the crit chance from helios imo.

Make sure to haste 2 and earthen armor before the fight. Sometimes trusts will still die, Naja I don't think ever hit him so a 2nd healer or tank trust really useful for that.

I find it hard to land shattersoul on Crom but if you can land it and then do x2 flaming crush with apogee its double sc for big damage and very worth attempting. Props on win though without nirvana.
 Asura.Keja
user: Cleric
By Asura.Keja 2015-11-23 12:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...

I wonder how Scintillating Cape compares to a BPDMG+5 Conveyance? I'm thinking, for FC (and other physical BPs), Scint might be best (Physical and Magical bonuses there), but for magical Blood Pacts I want to lean towards Conveyance.

Any word on that, Verda? I see you use Scintillating.
 Asura.Rakshaka
user: Rakshaka
By Asura.Rakshaka 2015-11-23 14:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Accession and buffs:

So I can finally Deodorize Titan?

Invisible might be fun to play around with. Boom! avatar out of nowhere!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 150 151 152