MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-21 20:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Considering a JP graph:

Damage is attack^1.8 divided by def^-0.5

That means, damage is exponential to attack, almost being a square function.

that makes sense... small increases in attack lead to huge damage increases even at max level.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-21 20:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Update is on!

New stages and realms.

Wakka, Rydia and Kain relics campaign. Plus buster sword increased drop rate.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-04-21 21:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got sucked into this, i can't stop X_x

I'm still pretty early on and just unlocked rydia, decided to swap out my whm unit and put her in the party instead. went and spent 5 mythril for an upgrade, got Rydia's 5star ice whip (also gives her level II summon, shiva)

mfw Rydia in the backline is doing way more dmg than everybody in my frontline.... X_x
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-04-22 06:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got the Buster Sword & Judgement staff 5* from the 11 relic draw :o
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-22 06:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was playing this on BlueStacks (an android emulator) until one day, I got a nonsense crash error saying "It seems your system has been upgraded. Please click OK to configure and run BlueStacks App Player". Clicking OK pops up an UAC (user account control) window and allowing it pops another error and shuts down the program. I tried the registry fix from their support page, but it didn't work. Did anybody else come across this error?

This is what I am talking about: http://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/202755449-Why-I-am-seeing-system-upgraded-message-

I will try reinstalling today. The reason is probably some windows update, rather than an "upgrade" since I am still using windows 7 and that means the problem can reoccur time to time even if a clean reinstall fixes it (hopefully not).

Back on topic: I can't see the fundemantal difference between "upgrading" and "combining" gear. They both rank up the gear you select first and spend the other(s). The only difference I saw is that the gear has to be at a certain level first to be available for combinable.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-22 07:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Back on topic: I can't see the fundemantal difference between "upgrading" and "combining" gear. They both rank up the gear you select first and spend the other(s). The only difference I saw is that the gear has to be at a certain level first to be available for combinable.

Rank is rarity/stars (*). You can increase stars by combining same type equipment (one at max level and the other at any level).

Upgrade is leveling up the gear. It increase weapon/gear stats and its done by using materials (metal or gear) plus some cash.

Leveling a gear is limited to its rarity/rank/stars like this:

1* -> 3 lv
2* -> 5 lv
3* -> 10 lv
4* -> 15 lv
5* -> 20 lv
6* -> 25 lv
7* -> 30 lv

You can combine a gear 2 times, meaning a rank 1* gear can reach 3*, 2* gear can reach 4*, etc. Obviously, gear natively 3*+ its almost impossible to combine due to rarity of gear (before current update, there was just a single 3* gear farmable - all the rest were just available through relic draw options). Hopefully new stages can bring some more equipmente 3* so we can farm it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-22 10:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just landed my first 5 star relic from a draw.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-22 12:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I be saving any of the 1 star items, or just selling them to make room in my inventory? I read a few pages back about some specific combination or something to make a good weapon, but googling hasn't shown something akin to a crafting recipe yet.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-22 12:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Should I be saving any of the 1 star items, or just selling them to make room in my inventory? I read a few pages back about some specific combination or something to make a good weapon, but googling hasn't shown something akin to a crafting recipe yet.

I've combined 2 of the same fully upgraded items before and they've served their purposes, but overall I generally just use 1-star items to help upgrade superior items to max.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-22 13:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The best use for them is selling or using to upgrade. Because 1* is too weak.

You can find plenty of 2* gear, combining you can reach 4*. Plus Black Cowl thats farmable and a 3*, so reaching 5* if you farm 3 of them. Normally if the base weapon is low ranked, it will be inferior to other of natively high rank (for example, a 4* combined will be inferior to a 4* native). So no point in combining 1*.

Now for some tips of the new stages:

- Vector (FFVI) seems the best place to exp. Repeating the second stage, that has 5 waves, at the cost of 6 staminas, you can get 7000 exp. So far, the best ive found.

- Acording to JP guide, Josef is the second strongest char in game (considering JP progress).

- Elite Chaos Shrine (FFI) lv24 has a excelent 4* helmet as mastery reward, that has high defense plus attack. Very nice item to look after if you dont have any armor 5*.

- Elite Magitek Factory (FFVI) lv30 has a 4* vest (Gaia Vest) as a mastery reward.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-04-22 15:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

been dabbling a bit here and there, i never spend money in a game till im sure i know what im doing. So is there anything important for mythril really or should i just use it for rare draws?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-04-22 15:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The best use for them is selling or using to upgrade. Because 1* is too weak.

You can find plenty of 2* gear, combining you can reach 4*. Plus Black Cowl thats farmable and a 3*, so reaching 5* if you farm 3 of them. Normally if the base weapon is low ranked, it will be inferior to other of natively high rank (for example, a 4* combined will be inferior to a 4* native). So no point in combining 1*.

Now for some tips of the new stages:

- Vector (FFVI) seems the best place to exp. Repeating the second stage, that has 5 waves, at the cost of 6 staminas, you can get 7000 exp. So far, the best ive found.

- Acording to JP guide, Josef is the second strongest char in game (considering JP progress).

- Elite Chaos Shrine (FFI) lv24 has a excelent 4* helmet as mastery reward, that has high defense plus attack. Very nice item to look after if you dont have any armor 5*.

- Elite Magitek Factory (FFVI) lv30 has a 4* vest (Gaia Vest) as a mastery reward.

Just obtained the Diamond Helm about 5 minutes ago coincidentally.

Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-04-22 16:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

best place to level for 15-20?

edit- also anything in particular i should be farming for from aerith event? (other than her ofc)
By Pantafernando 2015-04-22 16:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
been dabbling a bit here and there, i never spend money in a game till im sure i know what im doing. So is there anything important for mythril really or should i just use it for rare draws?

Given how strong are the 5*, i advise you to save mythril exclusively for relic rare draws. Gather 50 for 11 chances. When i did mine, i was lucky and got 4 4* and 1 5*, mostly gear, and 1 sword 4* that i gave to cloud. After upgrading those, even at average 32 lv ive been rolling all stages at my lv with auto.

Currently you cant farm mythril, the amount available is fixed (up to 2 each stage conpletion) aside 2 extra mythril each 10 days. But at that rate, you have enough for 11 relic draws each update without paying.

A second use for mythril is restoring stamina, restoring party or repeating a lost fight with extra stats. All of those are nice for situations, but i still would save mythril for relics. They are worth.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-22 16:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

don't ever use mythril to restore stamina or continue a battle

however eventually you'll want to increase your item and ability storage -- not more than 30 items or 10 abilities though I would say
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-22 17:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

however eventually you'll want to increase your item and ability storage -- not more than 30 items or 10 abilities though I would say

1 useful use however is the ability to use a tent in a dungeon ---- some of the later lvl.90-100 event dungeons just can't be mastered without restoring your abilities. And those dungeons have exclusive accessories you can't get anywhere else --- so it's a 1 mythril vs 1 accessory tradeoff which is almost always worth it
By Pantafernando 2015-04-22 17:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
best place to level for 15-20?

edit- also anything in particular i should be farming for from aerith event? (other than her ofc)

Most stages reward about the same exp, so i would first try to complete all stages first (to receive the mythrils and stamina gems - luckly you should be close to 50 mythrils once you finish the classic stages so you can try the relic draw to boost your party). Aside that, doing daily dungeons is your best bet. Today is gil and orbs. You can bank some cash or store few orbs to acquire melee abilities, while leveling up.

For aeris event, i advise grabbing the 3 protect vest. Its a cheap 2* armor. If you combine all of them, you can get a decent 4* vest. Same for staff if you have mages. Aside that, probably the power wrists if you missed some, mythrils and finally orbs. Orbs are required to buy magic/abilities, but they arent easy to farm. Some orbs are often in demand like white/holy orbs for white magic of power orbs for abilities. Farming shards while exping is a good way to grind but imo not worth unless you do difficult. So aside mythril, protect vest/staff and power wrist, i would skip the event at earlier stage, just farming there if you need a specific orb.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-22 17:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

1 useful use however is the ability to use a tent in a dungeon ---- some of the later lvl.90-100 event dungeons just can't be mastered without restoring your abilities. And those dungeons have exclusive accessories you can't get anywhere else --- so it's a 1 mythril vs 1 accessory tradeoff which is almost always worth it

Personally, if i need restore, i would resort to buying gem (100 for $1). Because its not that expensive and relics, in the end, is all that matter in term of progress.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-04-22 17:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

around what level should i be attempting hard modes? atm I'm around ~20ish, and even some of the normal runs can give me trouble still.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-22 17:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

around what level should i be attempting hard modes? atm I'm around ~20ish, and even some of the normal runs can give me trouble still.

aren't there level suggestions for each of the dungeons? on the JP version the suggestion is lvl 14 for the first FF7 stage

and I think in general, if you're within 5-10 levels of that suggestion then you're good
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-04-22 21:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

aren't there level suggestions for each of the dungeons? on the JP version the suggestion is lvl 14 for the first FF7 stage

and I think in general, if you're within 5-10 levels of that suggestion then you're good

Ah i was mostly talking about event modes lol
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-04-22 21:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Given how strong are the 5*, i advise you to save mythril exclusively for relic rare draws. Gather 50 for 11 chances. When i did mine, i was lucky and got 4 4* and 1 5*, mostly gear, and 1 sword 4* that i gave to cloud. After upgrading those, even at average 32 lv ive been rolling all stages at my lv with auto.

Currently you cant farm mythril, the amount available is fixed (up to 2 each stage conpletion) aside 2 extra mythril each 10 days. But at that rate, you have enough for 11 relic draws each update without paying.

A second use for mythril is restoring stamina, restoring party or repeating a lost fight with extra stats. All of those are nice for situations, but i still would save mythril for relics. They are worth.
thanks! next question, is there a collection of the characters and stats per level, or at least a general acceptance of which are the strongest base wise before gear?
By Pantafernando 2015-04-22 21:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks! next question, is there a collection of the characters and stats per level, or at least a general acceptance of which are the strongest base wise before gear?

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Character_Rankings

Sucks that the strongest isnt available anymore, neither should come so soon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-04-22 22:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger ranked last ;;
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2015-04-23 08:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay after Tifa 5* H2H, just got Wakka's ball :p
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-23 12:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The "Job" characters are always the weakest ones. Other than that, you'll have to see the tier list

however, the MC / デシ/ Tyro is nice because he can equip any spell / ability / weapon
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-04-23 12:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
All I ever get is mage ***... Got a few 5* staves and a shield =\ . My DD's rock x2 3* daggers, 3* spear, and tyro has a 4* bow. I'm at lvl 30... Not sure how much further I can go in elite with that 3* garbage.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-23 13:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
All I ever get is mage ***... Got a few 5* staves and a shield =\ . My DD's rock x2 3* daggers, 3* spear, and tyro has a 4* bow. I'm at lvl 30... Not sure how much further I can go in elite with that 3* garbage.

30 is enough to get the diamond helm, buy the 3 protect vest from aeris event to create another 4* vest.

Aside that, you can work in some droppable items:

Boss Drops
Realm
Synergy
VII Mako Reactor No. 1 Guard Scorpion Mythril Knife II
VII Mako Reactor No. 5 Air Buster Mythril Rod VI
X Zanarkand Sinspawn Ammes Mythril Staff IV
X Besaid ? ? ? Bowgun XII
IV Mist Cave Mist Dragon Mythril Shield IV
IV Underground Waterway Octomammoth Mythril Helm IV
X S.S. Liki Sinspawn Echuilles Heavy Lance XII
IV Antlion's Den Antlion Protect Vest VII
V Wind Shrine Wing Raptor Slasher XII
IV Mt. Hobs Mom Bomb Bone Mail V
V Torna Canal Karlabos Gaia Gear IV
IV Fabul Castle Dragoon Whip IV
V Ship Graveyard Siren Black Cowl IV
V North Mountain Magissa & Forza Beret VI
VI North Mines Ymir Mythril Hammer IV
IV Baron Castle Baigan ?
Cagnazzo Mythril Armlet VII
VI Abandoned Mineshaft Guard Leader Mythril Armor IV
VI Figaro Castle Magitek Armor Zwill Blade XII
VI Mt. Kolts Vargas Shell Helm III
VI Imperial Camp Magitek Armor Oaken Pole XII
VI South Figaro Cave Tunnel Armor Mythril Claw VI
I Chaos Shrine Garland Sage's Miter IV
I Western Keep Astos Mithril Helm IV
II Semitt Falls Cavern Sergeant Scholar Robe III
II Snow Cavern Adamantoise Heavy Shield VI
II Snow Cavern (Return) Borghen Frost Bow V
IV Lodestone Cavern Dark Elf Scholar Robe III
IV Tower of Zot Magus Sisters Kodachi V
IV Tower of Zot - Spire Barbariccia Chopper XII
IV Dwarven Castle Calcabrina War Hammer V
Golbez Flame Helm II
IV Tower of Babil - Depths Lugae ?
Lugaeborg Mythril Armor IV
IV Cave of Eblan Rubicante Healing Rod XII
IV Tower of Babil - Heights King & Queen of Eblan Oaken Pole XII
Rubicante Giant's Helm II
IV The Feymarch Asura Iron Sword XII
Leviathan Coral Sword V
VI Phantom Train Phantom Train Ninja Gear VI
VI Esper Valley Kefka Mythril Rod VI
VI Zozo Dadaluma Metal Knuckle VI
VI Opera House Orthros (Opera House) Heavy Shield VI
VI Magitek Factory Ifrit & Shiva Flame Helm II
VI Vector Crane Beret VI
VI Thamasa Flame Eater Flame Bow V
VI Esper Caves Orthros (Esper Caves) Kodachi V
VI Airship Orthros & Typhoon Whip IV
Air Force Mythril Sword IV
VI Floating Continent 1 Ultima Weapon Coral Sword V
VI Floating Continent 2 Nelapa Ogrekiller IV
VI Solitary Island Black Dragon Mythril Dagger IX
VI Mobliz Humbaba Mythril Sword IV
VI Figaro Castle 2 Tentacle Slasher XII
VI Daril's Tomb Angler Whelk War Hammer V
Dullahan Bone Mail(V) V

All boss drops are 2* aside black cowl (3*). Combining 3 2* you can get a fake 4* (2*++). Black Cowl can be 3*++.

You can use the airplane trick (turning off wifi to see if boss drop item, if no, crash game and redo boss fight just using stamina from boss stage without the need of redoing all previous stage).
By Pantafernando 2015-04-23 13:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Elite zones have fodder normally weak, but some elite boss are troublesome. But for bosses, using abilities are your best bet.

Check in FFRK guide whats the mob weakness, then equip the appropriate spellblade to Cloud. Using boost+spellblade, defense reduction if available, you can do pretty stupid dmg even on elite boss.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-04-23 14:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloud + retaliate + full party of double cut = dead bosses

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/33fdj8/retaliate_the_most_powerful_combo_in_ffrk_so_far/
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 159 160 161