Game: FFXI
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-12 20:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Celoria said: »
You are a lost cause.

You came solely to pick a fight, so i can not say your cause can be saved also.

I think you are blinded by a biased opinion about me for some reason or another. I have dealt with this guy in game, and clearly he has refused to take anyones advice both in game and on here. I didn't come to pick a fight I came in the hopes to help open his eyes and see that just once instead of arguing and debating information he doesn't have, to instead be silent and listen. But I thank you for doing the very thing to me of what you tried to say I was doing.

Youre hilarious.

I should have just said I'm going with relic Annihilator save the agro lol
We sure have a nice community chasing me away lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-12 20:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless they fix/rebreak/adjust(break) enmity again. Annihilator is a dead weapon.

Zero reasons to make it now.

(They could i120 relics so that they end on top... or maybe even 125... but don't count on that ***happening.)
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-04-12 20:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »
You are a lost cause.

You came solely to pick a fight, so i can not say your cause can be saved also.

I think you are blinded by a biased opinion about me for some reason or another. I have dealt with this guy in game, and clearly he has refused to take anyones advice both in game and on here. I didn't come to pick a fight I came in the hopes to help open his eyes and see that just once instead of arguing and debating information he doesn't have, to instead be silent and listen. But I thank you for doing the very thing to me of what you tried to say I was doing.

Youre hilarious.

I should have just said I'm going with relic Annihilator save the agro lol
We sure have a nice community chasing me away lol

Nah you are doing that by yourself by being idiotic. Neither relic are BiS weapons for rng and a lot of people in here have already told you this.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-12 20:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You are a lost cause.

In fact you think I'm good but I'm not lol
Wtf?! I NEVER said I thought you were good. You are in the gimped class even with your "end game gear."

I take that as a compliment because I love you to bit man lol

Just stick to the topic please I give you Like to show I'm friendly lol

Also regarding you said "Everyone knows J.R. is a broken *** ws"
I just don't believe what someone says give me proof?

Firstly, all the butthurt to one side, why ask something and then not take peoples information?

Pure maths wise, Jishnu is broken as ***, you don't need to test it game, the maths is there in a very easy to use spreadsheet if you need proof (Maths being the only PROOf pf anything out there) which shows Jishnu's being so Ahead of every other alternative, it's not remotely a contest.

More importantly however, if you are going to test it anyways, why bother asking for advice, when as you are clearly "competent" enough to test it yourself in the first place and come to your own conclusions?

Long story short: Jishnu's own every WS rng has by a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE amount, it's not by 10 or 20 damage, we're talking thousands before a critical hit, which Jishnu's is great at doing.

In case you don't know the links for DPS calculations:

https://docs.google.com/folderview?usp=drive_web&id=0B0A0wGYYRRdaZjdlNTdkNTEtMDMyYy00OTVmLWI4N2ItNDMwMDI1N2VkYWZk

Enjoy
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
Server: Asura
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-12 20:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
You are a lost cause.

Wtf?! I NEVER said I thought you were good. You are in the gimped class even with your "end game gear."

Firstly, all the butthurt to one side, why ask something and then not take peoples information?

Pure maths wise, Jishnu is broken as ***, you don't need to test it game, the maths is there in a very easy to use spreadsheet if you need proof (Maths being the only PROOf pf anything out there) which shows Jishnu's being so Ahead of every other alternative, it's not remotely a contest.

More importantly however, if you are going to test it anyways, why bother asking for advice, when as you are clearly "competent" enough to test it yourself in the first place and come to your own conclusions?

Long story short: Jishnu's own every WS rng has by a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE amount, it's not by 10 or 20 damage, we're talking thousands before a critical hit, which Jishnu's is great at doing.

https://docs.google.com/folderview?usp=drive_web&id=0B0A0wGYYRRdaZjdlNTdkNTEtMDMyYy00OTVmLWI4N2ItNDMwMDI1N2VkYWZk

Enjoy

I think this topic can rest now thank you :P
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-12 20:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
You are a lost cause.

Enjoy

I think this topic can rest now thank you :P

Glad you got something from it then!

P.S those spreadsheets work for every job too btw, although in future if your english isn't that great, might I suggest adding a footnote in a main page question to avoid the aggro you got on here from repeating
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-13 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to beat a dead horse, but be aware the RNG DPS sheet from the link posted has a few minor issues.

It assigns 119 Yoichi and Annihilator a 5% relic proc rate instead of the correct 13%. The Data tab F140, contains a formula.

=IF(OR(LEFT($'R.Gear'.$B5; 11)="Annihilator"; LEFT($'R.Gear'.$B5; 12)="Yoichinoyumi"); IF(OR(RIGHT($'R.Gear'.$B5; 2)="119"; RIGHT($'R.Gear'.$B5; 2)="99"; RIGHT($'R.Gear'.$B5; 2)="95"); 0.133; 0.05); 0)

Marked the error above. RIGHT() is looking for a 2 character string, so it fails the comparison for "119".

Easy fix.
RIGHT($'R.Gear'.$GB; 3)="119";

Also, the Ratk% from Caban isn't accounted for, so don't expect it to compare with any validity.
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2015-04-13 17:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

Also, the Ratk% from Caban isn't accounted for, so don't expect it to compare with any validity.

This is easily fixed as well. I have the caban listed in my data list as Amini +1 so my equation looks like this

Data Tab
F66
=IF(AND(Setup!$F$5=1,R.Gear!$B$11="Amini +1"),TRUNC(F59*22%),IF(Setup!$F$5=1,TRUNC(F59*15%),0))

G66
=IF(AND(Setup!$G$5=1,R.Gear!$Z$11="Amini +1"),TRUNC(G59*22%),IF(Setup!$G$5=1,TRUNC(G59*15%),0))

H66
=IF(AND(Setup!$F$5=1,R.Gear!$B$37="Amini +1"),TRUNC(H59*22%),IF(Setup!$F$5=1,TRUNC(H59*15%),0))

I66
=IF(AND(Setup!$G$5=1,R.Gear!$Z$37="Amini +1"),TRUNC(I59*22%),IF(Setup!$G$5=1,TRUNC(I59*15%),0))

I haven't changed the -7% delay on velocity shot with Amini+1 yet.

Edit: Fixed H and I columns to reflect the correct cells from R.Gear sheet.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-14 10:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tummie said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

This is easily fixed as well. I have the caban listed in my data list as Amini +1 so my equation looks like this

Data Tab
F66
=IF(AND(Setup!$F$5=1,R.Gear!$B$11="Amini +1"),TRUNC(F59*22%),IF(Setup!$F$5=1,TRUNC(F59*15%),0))

G66
=IF(AND(Setup!$G$5=1,R.Gear!$Z$11="Amini +1"),TRUNC(G59*22%),IF(Setup!$G$5=1,TRUNC(G59*15%),0))

H66
=IF(AND(Setup!$F$5=1,R.Gear!$B$11="Amini +1"),TRUNC(H59*22%),IF(Setup!$F$5=1,TRUNC(H59*15%),0))

I66
=IF(AND(Setup!$G$5=1,R.Gear!$Z$11="Amini +1"),TRUNC(I59*22%),IF(Setup!$G$5=1,TRUNC(I59*15%),0))

I haven't changed the -7% delay on velocity shot with Amini+1 yet.

Yeah, modifying the velocity shot field in data is probably the easiest way to do it. I'm sure you probably noticed Mote had velocity shot as F59 * 0.2 instead of 0.15 like it should be. bgwiki still lists it as such, so not surprising. Apparently nobody ever updated it post /checkparam

I added an R.Att% field to my gear sets to account for caban. Probably should have done it like you did..
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-19 18:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay got my relic today now for endless kills :< might take me ages for the trials will c maybe a week ><
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [306 days between previous and next post]
By Feanorsof 2016-02-19 18:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone looked into the answer to this age old question now that the upgrades are out?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
By Odinz 2016-04-04 18:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Trueflight > Jishnu's

/end of story
By iambatman3131 2016-04-04 20:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

that wasn't the question, considering anni. CANNOT use trueflight.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-04-04 20:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

iambatman3131 said: »
Umm any xbow or gun can use Trueflight! Go unlock the WS.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-04 20:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have an Annihilator, so I don't know. But why can't you use Trueflight with it? I can certainly use King's Justice on my Bravura, and I absolutely use Trueflight on my Doomsday, so why can't you use Trueflight with Anni?
[+]
By iambatman3131 2016-04-04 21:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you use a Xbow WS with a gun ?
[+]
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-04-04 21:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they are both Marksmanship weapons. There no such thing as an xbow vs gun WS if you can unlock it only Marksmanship.
[+]
By Odinz 2016-04-05 03:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Look before you jump, Mr. Kangaroo.
[+]
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-05 04:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »
Trueflight > Jishnu's

/end of story
That's not always true, a 1000tp JR with the right support can get high numbers (20k is not unusal) and that's physical damage. In the end, the truth is a career rng is gonna have *at least* both the gun and the bow (with xbow being even better for TF), and should aim for aeonics.
[+]
By Feanorsof 2016-04-05 04:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up going with both. Also Trueflight is usually the best choice but some things are highly resistant to it making it useless in those situations.

I would say going marksmanship gives you the most options as you have 3/4 of the level 2 skillchain properties including 2 magic ws which cannot miss. Last stand can is still decent as well.

Getting access to Namas gives you the missing property (distortion). I do enjoy how fast bow shoots as well.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-05 05:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Trueflight > Jishnu's

/end of story

Ehh not really. TF is magic damage while JR / Apex are physical. They will have different ideal buffs and factor different into strategy. If you are getting Fury / Frailty and doing physical damage, then JR / AA will beat TF. If you are getting Maliase / Acumen and closing a SC then TF will beat those other two. It's kinda like Savage Blade vs Cloudsplitter as Fencer WAR.
By Odinz 2016-04-06 07:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Trueflight > Jishnu's

/end of story

Ehh not really. TF is magic damage while JR / Apex are physical. They will have different ideal buffs and factor different into strategy. If you are getting Fury / Frailty and doing physical damage, then JR / AA will beat TF. If you are getting Maliase / Acumen and closing a SC then TF will beat those other two. It's kinda like Savage Blade vs Cloudsplitter as Fencer WAR.

In those same situations where where JR/Apex shine, so does Last Stand. Granted Jishnu's is just bacon crazy when it crits, Last stand isn't garbage. Gun offers you many options and Barrage Eradicator bullets make me ***.
[+]
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-06 08:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, dont forget a 3hit (ws+2 hits) is very possible with yoichi, given the current gear (and a cor), and thats quite a gain in dps to be able to spam JR at 1k tp (plus tp bonus). Pld rng rng geo cor whm (or smn, depending on the fight), has so much potential. If only the community accepted that spamming "the flaming Z" is not the only way (nor necessarily the fastest) to do ***!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-06 08:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Trueflight > Jishnu's

/end of story

In those same situations where where JR/Apex shine, so does Last Stand. Granted Jishnu's is just bacon crazy when it crits, Last stand isn't garbage. Gun offers you many options and Barrage Eradicator bullets make me ***.

I didn't compared Archery to Marks, merely noted that TF and JR / AA are used in different situations and thus your statement isn't correct.

As for which should the OP get? That's entirely up to them though Annihilator does offer specialized utility over Yoichi.
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-06 08:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Trueflight > Jishnu's

/end of story

I didn't compared Archery to Marks, merely noted that TF and JR / AA are used in different situations and thus your statement isn't correct.

As for which should the OP get? That's entirely up to them though Annihilator does offer specialized utility over Yoichi.

I got both relics, and honestly, as much as i love my annihilator, i fail to grasp what that "specialized utility" is
 Odin.Vuq
Server: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-04-06 09:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoich during decoy shot, only use barrage with namas am.
Anni for decoy shot down. Only use last stand with coronach am.
Very simple. There is no one or the other you should have both.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-06 09:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Annihilators needing to use Coronach to control enmity is a thing of the past. There is no need for it. After the enmity update I never ripped hate spamming Last Stand or Jishnus Radiance. One thing I am curious about is the current viability of a Anni 3 hit build, without having to sacrifice r.acc and r.atk. And how does that build stand up against good bow builds.
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-06 09:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Annihilators needing to use Coronach to control enmity is a thing of the past. There is no need for it. After the enmity update I never ripped hate spamming Last Stand or Jishnus Radiance. One thing I am curious about is the current viability of a Anni 3 hit build, without having to sacrifice r.acc and r.atk. And how does that build stand up against good bow builds.
Thing is, you can hit a 3hit yoichi build without having to sacrifice too much either, and shooting is way faster than annihilator. Sure, you need much more stp, but you're not sacrificing too much racc, since am gives you a wooping 30 acc, and arrows give you 35 (5 more than anni's bullets). As for r.atk, you would use a cor and a geo regardless, so that should put you to cap. What's more of bother is that you would be subbing /sam, which is not that bad.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2016-04-06 10:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd really like to see how gandiva stacks up against other weapons. On the bright side if you had gandiva you'd actually be taking advantage of aftermath without having to waste tp on a throwaway ws.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-06 11:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If Gandiva AM procs on double shots/barrage I could see Gandiva easily annihilating the other 2 relics. I think Gandiva vs Fail-Not vs Fomalhaut would be a better comparison at this point, imo