Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Buying Delve clears
Buying Delve clears
 Ragnarok.Sango
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Suture
By Ragnarok.Sango 2015-05-06 12:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on ragnarok said it'd be 30m for all 6 clears. At least greed is still alive.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-05-06 12:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You're right, who really cares? All I'm saying is, it's kinda stupid to waste gil on runs that are so easy to clear. And really you don't need to leech and I'd advise against it. There are plenty of nice person who wouldn't care if you are in ilvl 117 gear and would invite you anyway.

To not invite anyone because of them having sparks gear is just discrimination. Everyone should have the ability to go especially if they need the ilvl 119 stuff that an nm or boss drops. If they know how to play their jobs and have the skills needed to keep on their toes then they should get an invite. Honestly, I would never deny someone if I was hosting a delve run or skirmish run because they were in all ilvl 117 gear, everyone deserves a chance.

Seriously, this game is on life support and really no new content will be added besides the final storyline that's coming soon, and at this point, people who deny invites to non ilvl 119 players deserve to be /slapped and /blisted.

I can't agree with people who openly discriminate on players who don't have ilvl 119 gear and want to come to an event but chose to deny them an invite.
When most people make pug groups they aren't doing it out of the kindness of their heart, they are doing it to gain something (in delve case this is usually gil). Not only is inviting a sparks player more risky, as you can still easily lose with DDs like that, but makes the runs much much slower which directly hinders the amount of gil you gain. Not to mention they are much less likely to have that skill you mention if they've essentially not played the game.
By protectorchrono 2015-05-06 12:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sango said: »
Someone on ragnarok said it'd be 30m for all 6 clears. At least greed is still alive.

LOL 30m. Hope they kissed ya first.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sango
By Ragnarok.Sango 2015-05-06 12:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

protectorchrono said: »

LOL 30m. Hope they kissed ya first.

That's more pricey than when I bought them when they were popular. Somethings not right. lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
Server: Bismarck
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2015-05-06 12:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »
Hellsangelz will sell you Delve clears 8M a clear. I don't remember if that was the price with drops or w/o. Be ready to drop ~60M on Bismarck.

My god. Do they use lube or no lube? LOL

Not sure where he got the 60 mil from, but we are not charging that much.

Seriously this sh*&^ is so freakin easy now. You should be able to find a group that can get you these wins for free without having to go out of pocket for that crap. Siviard is offering free wins, Illistillusion is offering free wins. Paying for this sh^% at this point is stupid, but w/e it's your gil even if you waste it on runs that are easy to clear anyway lol.

Yes they are easy, especially the T1 Delves. But it's not always easy to get, and I don't really see that many shouts anymore for Delve, at least on my server. We also have a lot of PUG groups at times, least of which is Ladysorrow (who I strongly recommend you run, don't walk, away from).
By protectorchrono 2015-05-06 12:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Vespertaru said: »
Hellsangelz will sell you Delve clears 8M a clear. I don't remember if that was the price with drops or w/o. Be ready to drop ~60M on Bismarck.

Seriously this sh*&^ is so freakin easy now. You should be able to find a group that can get you these wins for free without having to go out of pocket for that crap. Siviard is offering free wins, Illistillusion is offering free wins. Paying for this sh^% at this point is stupid, but w/e it's your gil even if you waste it on runs that are easy to clear anyway lol.

Yes they are easy, especially the T1 Delves. But it's not always easy to get, and I don't really see that many shouts anymore for Delve, at least on my server. We also have a lot of PUG groups at times, least of which is Ladysorrow (who I strongly recommend you run, don't walk, away from).

Quote:
But it's not always easy to get, and I don't really see that many shouts anymore for Delve, at least on my server.

If they are hard to find, then now is a good time to make use of the reduced price in transfers. I'm sure there are plenty of delve, etc shouts on some other servers. Plenty of good LS's I'm sure will welcome new/returning players looking for a good LS that can get them the clears they need as well.
By Giaden 2015-05-06 12:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For the price, 30mil really isn't to much to ask for. Assuming you take 6-8 people with you, all the right jobs/gear and assuming you obtain all the drops(maybe not the money items) Its a pretty good deal imo.

And yes you can get into pickup groups to but your never guaranteed a win, gear or items. Just really depends on how bad and quick do you want the clears.
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2015-05-06 12:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What gets me, is people look at the whole 30 mil+ thing and scoff at it. What needs to be realized is, you have to make it worthwhile for those mercing it out to do it, otherwise whats the point. If each person is getting 250k per run (assuming T1 delve), you will be hard pressed to find people willing to merc the run. Yes there are people that will help out for free, that's nice and all. But we all make gil in different ways. If people are willing to pay, and the price is reasonable or doable, there shouldn't be an issue. I have had quite a few people come to my ls on Bismarck for stuff: Delve, HTMB items, Capacity Points (dead serious), Incursion items, Vagray. Sometimes it much easier to just throw down the gil, have someone that is well experienced in the content do it, than go through the pain in the *** of finding people who have their heads shoved half way up their *** and worry about "Are we gonna win?".
By Giaden 2015-05-06 13:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Vesp on that. I'm not saying 30mil is easy to come by. For some its a lot of time and effort. But, for Delve, 6 Wins, Gear and plasm, 30mil is a decent price.

In the end, you will just need to do what you feel is right for you. If you feel you can find someone else to do it cheaper or free, by all means keep searching! If you want to start throwing up the shouts for PUG groups, again no one is stopping you. ^.^
Its about convince and what your time is worth to you.
By protectorchrono 2015-05-06 13:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What gets me, is people look at the whole 30 mil+ thing and scoff at it. What needs to be realized is, you have to make it worthwhile for those mercing it out to do it, otherwise whats the point. If each person is getting 250k per run (assuming T1 delve), you will be hard pressed to find people willing to merc the run. Yes there are people that will help out for free, that's nice and all. But we all make gil in different ways. If people are willing to pay, and the price is reasonable or doable, there shouldn't be an issue. I have had quite a few people come to my ls on Bismarck for stuff: Delve, HTMB items, Capacity Points (dead serious), Incursion items, Vagray. Sometimes it much easier to just throw down the gil, have someone that is well experienced in the content do it, than go through the pain in the *** of finding people who have their heads shoved half way up their *** and worry about "Are we gonna win?".

LOL @ Capacity Points.

Seriously, I defeated all 6 Delves, heck all the content I went through and won without relying on mercs and throwing down gil to do it for me. Sure it took a little while, but it all got done, with hard work, determination, and other great players who contributed to the wins. That's the basis this game was found on "working hard to get what you want", guess that concept is dead now since nowadays it seems throwing gil away is the only way. :/
 Ragnarok.Sango
By Ragnarok.Sango 2015-05-06 13:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind PUG it if I had been playing a little bit longer than I have. But, I don't the jobs needed to get it done. Believe me, I don't feel like handing away 20~30m. But I need it done.

By Giaden 2015-05-06 13:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

As I said, making 30mil gil isn't that easy. It puts time and effort into making that amount of gil for a lot of people. Getting the clears in Delve, either with a PUG group or a group of friends that want to come and "help" is great to, but I've seen to many times when friends want to help and they come on half useless jobs for the setup that your friends have avlib. So then that's more time and effort going into, leveling a job, gearing it up properly for the runs.
No one is saying you shouldn't set up PUG groups or getting your friends together to do Delve, but with todays updated content and asking people, who have done delve many times over. It can be troublesome to get people to want to help you.

I've run into to many people on this game that just don't want to do delve because they've done it "way to much" or they don't need anything from it so they won't help.
Sometimes its easier just to throw gil at the problem then set up these runs, only to have failure and issues because you get half hearted players doing it or PUG groups that just suck as a team.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-05-06 13:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

30m is also for all six zones, most jobs don't even have a relevant piece of gear in every zone. I can easily see dropping 5-10m on a Foret win because Sam does absolutely need Tsu to be worth playing, the 70~ STP you need to 4 hit with a sparks GKT is just impossible to get as a new player. The same argument could be made for paying to get Oatixur when every group only wanted Mnks with Oatixur, these items are high impact and give you the ability to do other events.
By protectorchrono 2015-05-06 13:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Giaden said: »
As I said, making 30mil gil isn't that easy. It puts time and effort into making that amount of gil for a lot of people. Getting the clears in Delve, either with a PUG group or a group of friends that want to come and "help" is great to, but I've seen to many times when friends want to help and they come on half useless jobs for the setup that your friends have avlib. So then that's more time and effort going into, leveling a job, gearing it up properly for the runs.
No one is saying you shouldn't set up PUG groups or getting your friends together to do Delve, but with todays updated content and asking people, who have done delve many times over. It can be troublesome to get people to want to help you.

I've run into to many people on this game that just don't want to do delve because they've done it "way to much" or they don't need anything from it so they won't help.
Sometimes its easier just to throw gil at the problem then set up these runs, only to have failure and issues because you get half hearted players doing it or PUG groups that just suck as a team.

Quote:

Hmm...sounds lazy if you ask me. Honestly, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I don't agree with that line of thinking.

Yeah it's easy to throw gil at your problems but really it just shows blatant laziness and lack of dedication. It takes away the thrill of accomplishing something you couldn't beat/get before. Like "omg I finally beat ________ and got __________! Epic!" And that thrill of telling your LS or friends "hey I finally cleared ______ and got the _____ I wanted!" Know what I mean?

It's like Real life, sure you can throw money at your problems but that doesn't necessarily mean your problems will go away. It just means your lazy and lack true dedication and the willingness to get what you set out for. Beating that boss that always gave you problems and finally getting the gear you always wanted. That's the thrill, the rush and the accomplishment that FFXI used to have.

Maybe I'm just too old school :/

It's sad what the game has devolved into. :(
[+]
 Asura.Aldrai
user: Aldrai
By Asura.Aldrai 2015-05-06 13:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just be warned that if you buy a delve clear, most people will let you lot the gear only. The expensive items from the mega boss and the airlixer +2s will be reserved for the person you're buying it from. All in all, they'll make well over the amount you've paid them if they sold it all.

Find someone who will do the tier 1 (Trex, Shark and Bee) for 8M if you must. They're quick and easy to do. If you do those just once you can have in upwards of 180k plasm.

You can get into groups for Yorcia Weald Alluvion and get gear that way as well. A lot of it is far superior to the gear (aside from weapons) you would get from Delve, once augmented.

It's your gil, use it how you want to and don't let desperation drive your spending.

Last tidbit: If you don't see shouts for it, make your own. You would be spending that time looking for it anyways.
By Giaden 2015-05-06 14:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I do agree with you Prot. Its wonderful to complete all these things single handed. Making groups, getting friends together. One of the biggest things I got out of this game was that feeling of accomplishment.

It Great. ^.^ But the reality is, to many people at this time want things handed to them for free. To many people go through this game excepting to be caught up just because the feel like they should be, not willing to put the time and effort into making things happen. This makes it hard for returning players or new players that want that feeling of accomplishment to actually happen.

Though I'm not here to preach the pros and cons of buying Delve clears or throwing money at the problem. I'm not trying to advocate laziness, but what I am saying its time vs the amount of gil you are willing to spend on making things like delve clears happen.
The amount of time and effort into making the gil on your own, (unless they are buying gil, which I still don't like to this day), still takes time and effort to make that amount of gil for returning players and can be a easier thing to do then set up all these groups.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2015-05-06 15:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant 50M
Was 2AM when I posted it, eyes were tired from all that Monster Hunter in the dark. Still, 50M lol. I get it, business. I didn't run with your group cause that was when I had surgery and I didn't have 8M for the run and I knew I wouldn't be playing and making gil either so I cancelled. I just wanted to do tree cause I came back to XI, was told I needed it done so I did as much as I could by myself and hit you up for the tree. even since then, I still haven't gone back to Dynamis or done anything else for gil. I really would have done it if I had it back then but by now I see I just don't even need it for anything other than to say I cleared it.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-05-06 15:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Proto. A few things. I spent 2 yrs collecting that gil. Can use it anyway I want. As for friends left . I really only have a few. All with jobs not suited for delve. Plus not going threw the horror story that are PUG shouts on Bis. I am also a busy guy now with summer coming up. I play on the 360 and my FF life is short now. I really don't see any other way to get the all the things I want in game or see all the content I want without mercing. Sorry if that offends anyone.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2015-05-06 15:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Its your sub, do what you want. Really its all just advice to save you gil but you should do things your way. Go with Vesper and Hell.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-05-06 15:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well come April of 2016 that gil is gone. Spent years making it, lol. If I have not blown it all by the last going to do something fun. Like a contest for all my gil. Can't take it with you in game or RL lol.
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-05-06 16:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are there so many shirtless dudes in Avatars in this thread?
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-05-06 16:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its where the buff FF players hang out! Hey Hellz how's it going?
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-05-06 16:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on topic! Wanting Ilv119 SMN ammo really bad also. Offering 7 million gil, my eternal soul, and my 1st born when there born for it!
By Selindrile 2015-05-06 16:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Over here we charge 1M a run for Delve1, and for Delve2 2M+ Whatever beads are needed at the time (depends on who we have on who wants to go and what job distribution, we sometimes we don't bead, when it would be annoying we do) and for that, you can lot on all the gear, we take the Airlixirs/Mats, we're pretty dirt cheap, but it's just kinda a fun occasional way to make a bit of money for us, if you want to motivate us to get together and do it sooner, feel free to offer more.

And too bad you're not over on Fenrir Bloodbath, we'd happily take such an offer.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-06 16:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I should start selling wins. We've just been giving them away for free...
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-05-06 16:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sell them to me plz! Only seen 1 shout for Tonji here. But I did not have the jobs they wanted top geared so no love for B3.
By Selindrile 2015-05-06 16:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Bloodbath, you saw the pricing for us but you'd have to hop to Fenrir, that said, at that price it's a "whenever we get around to it" sort of thing, if you offer more, we do assemble quicker lol.