The Empyrean Equipment Winners.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Empyrean Equipment Winners.
The Empyrean Equipment Winners.
 Ragnarok.Nanaky
Guildwork Premium
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Dianetix
By Ragnarok.Nanaky 2015-03-27 08:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How do the PLD empy upgrades stack up?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-27 08:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Looking for winners from these jobs: BLM RDM PLD BST RNG SAM NIN PUP SCH GEO RUN

RNG:
Hat - New best preshot head piece. -54 enmity while double shot is up "might" be worth taking off arcadian beret for as well. Arc. Beret normally adds straight 50 TP per shot, but it does not proc on double shot's 2nd bullet. Worth considering.

Body - Even without ilvl stats, Caban+2 was very close to Kyujutsugi / Arcadian+1 as far as DPS goes due to it's massive Ratk. Now, it's likely miles ahead with +7% ratk +7% snap.

Hands - best
Legs - best

NIN:
Hat - likely best in slot when Innin's up, and you're not delay capped. (This probably never happens) It has really high DEX, so it could be best in slot for Blade: Shun, even more so with Innin up.

Body - Great piece for Hi and Jin. However, it's outclassed by Taeon body with TA+2% WSD+3% Acc/Attk +20 by about 50 DMG. Still worth getting for Migawari.

Legs - Appear to be the highest accuracy legs for nin.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-27 20:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Still looking for WAR, RDM, PLD, BST, SAM, SCH and RUN winners.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-27 20:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM body is better than it was, but still fills the same niche it did before, same for the set bonus, and unneeded extra enhancing skill. It's pretty meh overall. Most of the sets basically just got some ilvl safety tacked on for the ones that were still useful for whatever reason.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-27 20:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Still looking for RDM, PLD, BST, SAM, SCH and RUN winners.

SAM
#Legs: OK I guess, I can see a use but Acro gear is owning that ***hard.

Body lets you dodge having to get lol Unity stuff.

Feet however are the most interesting, Conserve TP+10 19 STR attack and acc?

Seems like a good mid tier acc WS piece but not sure about it being BiS
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-27 21:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious what the -dt on pld body caps at, but I'm sure the tartarus mail will be the best
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-03-27 21:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Feet.
 Odin.Quixacotl
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-27 21:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

JP wiki already has the entire Empyrean reforged 109 and 119 +1 stats for every job.

Might need to use Google Translate. http://ffxi.wikiwiki.jp/?%A5%A2%A5%A4%A5%C6%A5%E0%2F%A5%A8%A5%F3%A5%D4%A5%EA%A5%A2%A5%F3%C1%F5%C2%AB
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-03-27 22:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Any info on "Set: Augments", has proc rate improved?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-27 23:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Quixacotl said: »
JP wiki already has the entire Empyrean reforged 109 and 119 +1 stats for every job.

Might need to use Google Translate. http://ffxi.wikiwiki.jp/?%A5%A2%A5%A4%A5%C6%A5%E0%2F%A5%A8%A5%F3%A5%D4%A5%EA%A5%A2%A5%F3%C1%F5%C2%AB

Thanks for this, it has confirmed certain things for me.

DRK head is annoying, because it has double attack+4 but no accuracy or attack.

THF feet has 44 agi, but only 2 more than Vanir boots for Trick attack.

COR body is the best ranged accuracy piece now. +22
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-03-27 23:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK head is annoying, because it has double attack+4 but no accuracy or attack

it has 28 scythe skill :D
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-27 23:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Squah said: »

Oh, I didn't see that. lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-27 23:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Squah said: »

That's not going to do much for anyone without a mythic.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-28 00:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For rdm I would say feet. That duration is huge.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-28 00:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For RUN, the whole set is useful, but I'd say the most significant piece would be a toss-up between the head and legs.

The head boosts Refresh (the spell, not auto-refresh) by 1 (or 2 for the 119), which is incredibly handy for events where your MP is taxed and you don't have a RDM. It also extends enhancing spell duration and adds an invaluable status removal effect to Vivacious Pulse.

The legs are just a crazy high PDT piece what what I assume is a +2% boost to parrying rate.

Hmm. You know, after writing it out, the head seems more important.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-28 00:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »

Another 10% is nice, but they were already using the feet for enhancing spells, they're just a slightly better version of the feet you were already using.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-28 00:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Any useful pieces for SAM SCH BST and PLD?
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-28 04:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Another 10% is nice, but they were already using the feet for enhancing spells, they're just a slightly better version of the feet you were already using.

Yeah but as for the rdm gear though I think that was probably the clear winner
 Bahamut.Lyncath
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyncath
By Bahamut.Lyncath 2015-03-28 06:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that RUN is a clear contender for the best Empyrean equipment.

The great thing about the set is that all of its pieces have a use. The head is fantastic for enhancing magic outside of Regen IV and is especially great for Refresh. The head also allows the RUN to remove status ailments from itself, finally. The remaining four pieces all work in a tanking build that packs some offensive stats. I posted this in another thread in the RUN forum but this is what a hypothetical tanking set would look like, Empyrean pieces are highlighted.

Futhark Bandeau +1 (4% PdT)
Erilaz Surcoat +1
Erilaz Gauntlets +1
Erilaz Leg Guards +1 (7% PdT)
Erilaz Greaves +1 (5% PdT)
Twilight Torque (5% DT)
Evasionist's Cape (3% PdT / 4% DT)
Flume Belt (4% PdT)
Defending Ring (10% DT)
Vocane Ring (7% DT)

That's 49% overall with 23% being PdT-% and 26% being DT-%.
This isn't taking into consideration the Aettir (I find myself using the Macbain and now Soulcleaver these days) which would break the 50% cap if it was on. The main problem with this set is that it requires a near-perfect augment on the Evasionist's Cape to pull it off as well as both Vocane and Defending Rings. If you had a perfect -5% DT augment on the cape then this set would put you at 50% exactly, offer some good offensive stats to maintain hate, and to have 4/5 set pieces to occasionally absorb damage outright.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-28 07:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM has legs for hasso augment, that beats Wakido hands and has higher stp total. SAM body is well balanced, and a clear upgrade for Hime Domaru+1 if people are like me, that plays in low ranked unity to earn more accolades, with plus of acc/att similar to a high augmented acro. Possible the 12 stp from body can beat acro in dps be it with max stp augment or ta augment, but not sure. Hands are the best for Namas Arrow (highest STR+AGI and racc/ratt). Head has highest stp but no acc/att so i wouldnt use it in high level content.

Feet has sengikori 1% higher than original empy armor. Sengikori had importance increased after burst update, but still an expensive ja piece upgrade.

Personally, i must have the legs and body. Second hands for my namas but its not like it will be a noticeable increase in dmg over others options. And last head and feet.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-28 09:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Yeah but as for the rdm gear though I think that was probably the clear winner

I'd say hands or body if that's your criteria.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-03-28 13:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lyncath said: »
I think that RUN is a clear contender for the best Empyrean equipment.

Absolutely agreed, and between the excellent gear and enmity system changes I think this update made RUN a much more useful job overall.

Great set effect, and pieces are all useful:
- Legs/Feet are incredible for tanking
- Body has all kinds of cool utility if you can build a capped or near capped PDT- set without PDT-/DT- from body slot (which you can now)
- Head to at least 109 is a great macro piece
- Hands are solid overall, nice for status resist and set bonus
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-03-28 15:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Any useful pieces for SAM SCH BST and PLD?
SAM legs seem to have made a comeback, in situations where you don't need the Acc/Crit Rate from the higher dDEX on Wakido Kote +1. The Store TP alone is very nice, much less the additional STR. The feet might be good at 119 for WS, though I have not seen the stat vomit on them yet.

As for SCH, I only see them as swap-ins, like normal empy. The Bonnet appears to have changed from a flat +1~5 to a +10% on Regen, which is better. All the Strategem enhancements went up slightly, usually 2% on 109 (maybe 3% on 119?) The legs confuse me a bit, as the old descriptor had been defined as forcing Conserve MP on Penury/Parsimony, but the new one says "Penury and Parsimony +3" so perhaps it is just a flat 3% less MP consumed (47% base?) The feet aren't necessarily awful for nuking, having a 10% damage increase on matching Klimaform nukes.

PLD, The head is the new cream of the crop for precast Fast Cast, though Cizin +1 still has a leg-up if you need gear haste on midcast. With the shield skill and "Converts 5% of physical damage taken to MP", it could be a worthy head piece to use regularly. The body and legs, in my opinion, are undeniably the best to use in any party dynamic, as the legs reduce enmity lost whilst taking damage and the body mitigates damage based on aforementioned enmity. The hands could be nice, offering a chunk of sword skill, plus Shield Defense Bonus to mitigate more damage upon blocking. The hands also offer an increase to the set bonus of "Occasionally absorbs damage taken", which can be very useful. The feet, whilst having accuracy, don't confer much else of a bonus to anything other than the set bonus.

I don't know BST well, so I can't answer that.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-03-28 15:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC hands are the best hands for closing a SC in any situation, as expected. Body only gains +11 Dual Wield at 119 (compared to +10 on Charis), so while it's the highest attack speed body it's questionable how often it's really worth using over Taeon.

Everything else sort of falls under "interesting, but inferior to Taeon."
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-28 20:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at Beastmaster reforged, the hands are amazing. Legs also give Stout Servant 2. The feet give a lot of accuracy and double attack+4 as well. So hands legs and feet are the winners to me.

I have winners for every job in the OP now. Feel free to scan through them and let me know if it's right. Hopefully this list helps those who have multiple jobs and want a basic guideline of which Empyreans they can start working on right away. Thanks for all the information given.
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2015-03-29 02:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have winners for every job in the OP now. Feel free to scan through them and let me know if it's right. Hopefully this list helps those who have multiple jobs and want a basic guideline of which Empyreans they can start working on right away. Thanks for all the information given.

You should add WAR feet and DRG legs to the list. Crit DMG +11% is hot for Drakesbane, jumps and w/e crit WS WARs are using. Should be bis during mighty strikes too.
PLD hands are also nice for TP, WS and for PDT sets if you can cap PDT in other slots, since shield defense bonus reduces dmg even more.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-29 04:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Brocovich said: »

You should add WAR feet and DRG legs to the list. Crit DMG +11% is hot for Drakesbane, jumps and w/e crit WS WARs are using. Should be bis during mighty strikes too.
PLD hands are also nice for TP, WS and for PDT sets if you can cap PDT in other slots, since shield defense bonus reduces dmg even more.

Done.
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-04-17 13:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm body hands legs+1 are good pieces not just feet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-04-17 13:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM body/legs #bestempyarmour /endthread
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-04-17 13:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is PUP head listed as a winner? It's a macro piece for auto WS at best, since Taeon has 2 TA/2 Crit/20 acc/atk and more STR/DEX.

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
WHM body/legs #bestempyarmour /endthread

Yes. Critical upgrade pieces for an S-tier job that you literally bring to every group event.