New campaigns 6 Mar 2015
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 11:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Please apply pain soothing salve on the buttocks area.
By fillerbunny9 2015-03-06 11:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »
fillerbunny9 said: »
people already ARE AFKing on a hill to get CP because it's so goddamn boring. meanwhile, SE catches a few, the rest keep on getting away with it, and the entire system remains broken because SE thinks "well, all these people are getting CP. working as intended!" but do, please, continue to jerk yourself off in the corner over your own self righteousness.

Really which one? Which CP camp do you go to with 9 AFK mules and 3 people playing the game getting any CP? What people are getting away with what? The botting of CP points? I see people getting banned for it makes me happy.

The system isn't broken. What is broken is peoples need for immediate gratification and if they cant get it cheat to get it or complain until they do. So it is working as intended. Please go play a different game because playing a MMO seems to be too hard for you. I am sorry you cant get CP as you would like in a worm party doing nothing. Again Boo Hoo.

wait, you think I am complaining about a shitty system because I don't have the CP? I've spent close to 300 on my DRG alone. you want to know where people are botting them? try Outer Raz butterfly camps, the frog camps in Marjami Ravine, and right outside the gates to Adoulin on Mandragora just for starters.

but hey, whatever,
By Keido 2015-03-06 11:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Right and those very same people are getting removed? What MMO do you play that has no grind? All of them have some sort of grind mechanic. CP isnt hard to get its not like its unobtainable yet players seem to think that its this magical make or break your toon because of SU1 or SU2 gear. CP is just an extension of leveling your character your not forced to do it. 300 huh? Wowzers that's amazing balls! Impress me more by telling me how many of those you botted.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2015-03-06 12:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

doing CP is really boring so i just pay 400k per hour to leech that way i go watch some TV or do something much more entertaining then having my eyes bleed to death of the boredom of CP lol.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-03-06 12:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
let's remember the overall playerbase we are speaking about, however. if they don't have a BRD/GEO and a WHM minimum they're not leaving town. remember, FFXI is "if it's not optimum, I'm not leaving Port Jeuno."

Idk who you play with but I never have these problems.
I have had CP parties with no healer just a npc can bst smn geo cor cor, and numerous others with blm thf geo bst pup pld nin drk war blu drg rng and we did quite well farming CPs and no one complained. Perhaps it's just you who won't leave town w/o optimum setup?
By Kooljack 2015-03-06 12:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

rational is correct thinking it sucks., personally. i like to remember the game being maintained for as long as it has is a perk in itself. anything that signifies the 22 classes this game has built to make them more class defining is a good thing. A very good point again underlining that certain portions of the player-base wanted a job adjustments and definition and depth to what we have for our jobs in the game. remember that is what the holy grail of FFXI is.. the 22 jobs that interact together. Their(SE's) attention is much much more greatly appreciated by the JP and hierarchy elitesXD(u liked that) to focus attention on job defining adjustments and additions rather then just straight 'OMGcontentOMG'

If their choice is to roll it out slow and bring a suck-y stipulation for the BST, BLM's, PUP's, whathave you etc...idk we all are in this together. good point to bring up the tediousness of the campaigns and nudge SE to make double CP gain permanent.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-06 12:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***a coherent post from kooljack I can die having seen it all
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-03-06 12:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
KaariLaLa said: »
Job points arent required, it's just something you can do on the side to endhance your capabilities. that's how i see it

Thats where your wrong

The gifts at 100 jp are class defining stuff.

tell that to the crappy T5 nukes my rdm got. or zomg a whole 5 h2h delay reduction on mnk. thf maximum treasure hunter to 13 o.O so class defining.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-06 12:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SE dont need to make double cp permanet. It can just create more gear with "cp +%". I never saw anyone complaining that the only piece we have "cp +%" is cape. Could as well make skirmish gear augment slot be "cp +%" capping at 50% each piece, and 300% total.
By Kooljack 2015-03-06 12:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

but..but.my.punctuation XD. loved whoever recently commented over yonder' about forum posting etiquette^^ /cheers**
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 12:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Physical attack
Defense bonus
Magic accuracy

so class defining.
[+]
By Kooljack 2015-03-06 12:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

good point Pantafernando... and who knows...how big CP ladder will go at this point.. I remember when delve came out, the waves of progression was very intense.. We're at 210 CP scale, by the way we're taking this(not goodXD), and panta reminds us remember every 3CP or so upgrades is a static CP increase in addition to cape. It seems to me this CP of 210 is just the start of something a little bigger then most of us were anticipating no? what are some more thoughts?
By Kooljack 2015-03-06 12:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Physical attack
Defense bonus
Magic accuracy

so class defining.

Am i wrong in thinking the core mage jobs have all been substantially altered in a way that makes them much more powerful then a negligible amount of att/acc/def increase?.. that 9ACC/11mab geo gets from it's last upgrades, in addition to the new gear, in addition to the new spell line; in addition to the recent MP adjustment for nukes; makes a bunch of little things add up to something more then you might first expect. I mean sure not every job is being altered by leaps and bounds, i would question anyone trying to do to much to fast.

kudos for the humor thoXD
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-03-06 12:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Right and those very same people are getting removed? What MMO do you play that has no grind? All of them have some sort of grind mechanic. CP isnt hard to get its not like its unobtainable yet players seem to think that its this magical make or break your toon because of SU1 or SU2 gear. CP is just an extension of leveling your character your not forced to do it. 300 huh? Wowzers that's amazing balls! Impress me more by telling me how many of those you botted.

Your annoying... go away
[+]
By Kooljack 2015-03-06 13:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

corsair needs something a little extra for star power, i do believe that whole hardheartedly Sehachan I have no hate for you. Maybe at CP bonus 700 corsair will get something niceXD only for the coveted cor's who didn't bot to 700 will get it. and you know what. who else where there be around to get it but you Sehach!!!XD and then you can come to phoenix server chill here with me))
By Keido 2015-03-06 13:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

3rd roll please
By Lyncath 2015-03-06 13:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Physical attack
Defense bonus
Magic accuracy

so class defining.

Blue Mage: Job Trait Bonus (100)
White Mage: Reraise IV (100)
Geomancer: Tier Vs (100)
Red Mage: Tier Vs (100)
Black Mage: Tier VIs (100)
Scholar: Tier II Storms (100)
Rune Fencer: Enhancing Magic Duration Bonus (100)
Warrior: Critical Hit Rate Bonus (100)
Dark Knight: Endark II (100)
Paladin: Enlight II (100)

Sure I've missed a few.
By protectorchrono 2015-03-06 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
Dear God just make the double capacity points permanent, they do enough campaigns for it already.

This. All of THIS. For God sakes, SE just make them permanent so I don't end up falling asleep at my desk after the first boring full hour of JP grinding.
By dustinfoley 2015-03-06 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You can write off the 100 jp gift as much as a you want but.

You know thfs are gonna be asked "th12 or 13?"

And while it might seem small to give rdm and geo t5 nukes and blm t6...thats progression not available to people who dont do cp, so saying cp is optional to people who dont want to do it is like saying its optional to get all your spells.

Its true, you dont have to have them all, but it now means you lack in functionality.
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-03-06 13:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The system isn't broken.

There wouldn't be much botting if the Job Points cap was 10 or less at a time instead of 200. It would force people to spend them every so often.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 13:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaving alone the actual usefulness of certain gifts....attack+5 is not job defining at all. Chose other words.

Only a handful of jobs got something actually new and interesting.
[+]
By Keido 2015-03-06 13:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

And while it might seem small to give rdm and geo t5 nukes and blm t6...thats progression not available to people who dont do cp, so saying cp is optional to people who dont want to do it is like saying its optional to get all your spells.

Its true, you dont have to have them all, but it now means you lack in functionality.

TH is never my first question to a thief.
By mortontony1 2015-03-06 13:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

TH is never my first question to a thief.

"What do you mean I can't TP with Thief's Knife and Sandung?"
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 13:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

"Why are you in full bronze set? And why did you just warp to Valkurm?"
"Didn't you say exp party..?"
By mortontony1 2015-03-06 13:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

{Sneak attack}>{Viper bite} to the front of the mob.
By Keido 2015-03-06 13:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats TA for I have no idea even at 99 with this Rudra's storm...
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-06 13:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats TA for I have no idea even at 99 with this Rudra's storm...
I'd explain it but can't tell if I'm being whooshed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-03-06 13:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
{Sneak attack}>{Viper bite} to the front of the mob.

I imagined you making the Edge face in your avatar as you typed that.
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-03-06 13:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much was actually.
By dustinfoley 2015-03-06 13:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not saying everyone is gonna ask every thief if they have TH,... just that its gonna happen, and its gonna be the toss up of who gets the party invite.

It has happened before,... for years, so lets not pretend there arent those old school people who will ask for it.