Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » March (the month) 2015 Update
March (the month) 2015 Update
By dustinfoley 2015-03-12 07:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

After parsing some stuff i ran into the issue of actually overloading quite a bit even with KKK and macros for burden.

I used to go wind/thunder/fire before kenkonken but have recently switch to wind/win/thunder since max haste >>> 10% atk on pretty much anything.

Long story short:
Macros for burden gear blow now that maneuvers are instant, i feel half of the time it wont even equip the gear till after the maneuver (even using gearswap), so yeah, longer duration would reduce overload rates, even with kenkonken. (happens at about 15 minutes in of wind wind thunder, using maneuvers when @ 10s remaining.) I guess i could be popping cooldown every 5 minutes, but with kenkonken i never thought id overload on a regular basis. I also dont want to add a /wait into the macro and hurt my dps just for a maneuver, it defeats the purpose of removing the jawait.

Fighting i113 stuff or lower for solo/cp, you really do kill stuff before deploy is back up a lot of the time. Which makes me sad that they wont add an auto engage option for the pet. Poor guy misses every 3rd fight or so. Any time i open with a ws, i dont bother deploying since it means it wont be up again before the mob dies.

Even with no jawait on maneuvers, deploy and weapon skills still get in the way a lot of the time, so not having to use maneuvers as often will actually be a bit more relaxing.

So i guess well see what kinda duration they are talking about, and how long the pet has to be out to get there.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-03-12 14:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Long story short:
Macros for burden gear blow now that maneuvers are instant, i feel half of the time it wont even equip the gear till after the maneuver (even using gearswap), so yeah, longer duration would reduce overload rates, even with kenkonken.

Ah, that's a really interesting point that I hadn't considered. Makes perfect sense, and I guess I should rethink still using "old fashioned" maneuver gear macros.

One note is that burden might be also improved to some extent this month with reforged empy body, if that ends up being a good TP body (wouldn't be surprising).
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-03-12 14:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Long story short:
Macros for burden gear blow now that maneuvers are instant, i feel half of the time it wont even equip the gear till after the maneuver (even using gearswap), so yeah, longer duration would reduce overload rates, even with kenkonken. (happens at about 15 minutes in of wind wind thunder, using maneuvers when @ 10s remaining.)

Why would GS not be able to detect it? is it because there's no delay? Would it be possible to create a custom precast similar to how spellcast could have a precast delay of 0.03?
By dustinfoley 2015-03-12 14:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that it cant detect it, because it can.

Its just on my screen Im seeing my hands glow -> blink ->blink sometimes and sometimes i see blink->glow->blink.

In theory, yes i could add a 0.03 delay before and after to ensure it goes off correctly but part of me doesn't want to lose master DPS just to ensure my maneuvers work correctly.

When there was a 3 second wait no matter what, it didnt bother me to swap gear, it made sense to do it. Now that I have kenkonken and maneuvers are instant, i rarely overload unless im fighting in a cp party and doing wind->wind->thunder. Even then i could probably stop it just by using cool down (which ill admit i havent used since i got KKK). So my motivation to decrease my dps (even slightly) to reduce overloads is just meh.
By dustinfoley 2015-03-26 06:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a lot to be excited about honestly;

Pretty much the only empy piece worth getting is the body for macros (if you dont have KKK). Pretty much every other piece is worse then an augmented taeon piece, which is arguably easier to get.

Ill test maneuver times when i get home.
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-03-26 06:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that it cant detect it, because it can.

Its just on my screen Im seeing my hands glow -> blink ->blink sometimes and sometimes i see blink->glow->blink.

In theory, yes i could add a 0.03 delay before and after to ensure it goes off correctly but part of me doesn't want to lose master DPS just to ensure my maneuvers work correctly.

When there was a 3 second wait no matter what, it didnt bother me to swap gear, it made sense to do it. Now that I have kenkonken and maneuvers are instant, i rarely overload unless im fighting in a cp party and doing wind->wind->thunder. Even then i could probably stop it just by using cool down (which ill admit i havent used since i got KKK). So my motivation to decrease my dps (even slightly) to reduce overloads is just meh.

If you are currently doing an animation, sometimes you don't blink.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-26 07:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt GS fails to precast maneuver burden gear now that they are instant, but you can easily check that with Autocontrol, since it intercepts burden packets and display them on screen. Can see if maneuvers produce more burden than they should (hinting that precast gear wasn't correctly equipped).

If you find this to happen you should submit a bug report on windower so that Byrth can fix it.
I'm skeptic, but it could be possible that there's a bug with GS and maneuvers.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-26 07:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what would be the price of a abyssea nm pop now lol
By dustinfoley 2015-03-26 08:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing since most of the pieces arent worth upgrading for, and it can be completely soloed.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-03-26 08:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn then vagary won't be as popular as I thought
By dustinfoley 2015-03-26 08:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda thinking the same, aside from 1 or 2 piece per job, most is trash, making vagary pretty much DoA
By baroma 2015-03-26 11:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The set bonus may be worth it. i wonder if it was boosted along with the other stats.
By Elazar1 2015-03-26 11:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What a load of trash, only thing worth bothering with is the brd so I don't have buffs in 90 gear. Rest is disappointing. From whT I saw briefly last night.
By baroma 2015-03-26 13:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Love the time extension of the manuevers!
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-26 13:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Most abyssea pops come from gold chests anyway and many of them are 1 KI pops like Azdaja.
[+]
By baroma 2015-03-26 13:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

pup needs Caraboss gems so 2 KIs (this is a pup thread btw)
By dustinfoley 2015-03-26 14:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

baroma said: »

Whats the time extension like?

Out for 5 minutes and maneuvers last for 2 minutes now?

Curious to see how long they last when i get home.
By baroma 2015-03-26 14:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

baroma said: »

Whats the time extension like?

Out for 5 minutes and maneuvers last for 2 minutes now?

Curious to see how long they last when i get home.

Yes i havent precisely timed it but its definitely 90-120 seconds.
By Jadey 2015-03-26 15:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Good item. Is nice. I like. +27558 all, SE plz nerf
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2015-03-26 15:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a list of the stats on empty reforge items?

Specifically looking for DRG :3
By dustinfoley 2015-03-26 16:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

check the drg forums, bg forums, or the general chat, they are posted in like 20 places

as far as pup news.

maneuver change is huge.

For every second spent engage, your pet adds maneuver duration. So you cant just deploy - retrieve and have the timer start. having my pet constantly deployed against enemies i am up to 4 min 4 sec per maneuver.

i applied 1 manuever, and every time it faded re applied it

60s
65s
80s
95s
2 min 25
3 min 3
4 min

etc, its not perfect since timer stops when mobs die and waits until you deploy again, but you get he idea. not sure what the upper limit is yet and not sure ill have time to find out tonight.

As of right now i am up to 5 minutes on the dot, which makes me think that might be the max.

At 5 minutes per maneuver, no need for maneuver gear at all to suppress overload >< Kinda makes me wish KKK would increase maneuver potency so each maneuver =2 maneuvers or something.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-03-26 18:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

5 min is the cap it seems. Needs to be deployed for roughly 10-15 minutes to get there.
By dustinfoley 2015-03-26 19:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I doubt GS fails to precast maneuver burden gear now that they are instant, but you can easily check that with Autocontrol, since it intercepts burden packets and display them on screen. Can see if maneuvers produce more burden than they should (hinting that precast gear wasn't correctly equipped).

If you find this to happen you should submit a bug report on windower so that Byrth can fix it.
I'm skeptic, but it could be possible that there's a bug with GS and maneuvers.

Just to clear a few things up, you apparently dont know how burden or 'reduces' overload gear works.

1)Autocontrol does track burden, but no matter what it always gives 20. there is no good burden/bad burden, and the value is the same even for dark. So either autocontrol doesnt track burden correctly, or the old testing is incorrect.

2) Gear that reduces overload doesnt change burden, its still 20. So there is no way to track if gear swap is switching the gear before the maneuver or not. What it does is increase the amount of burden you can accumulate before you have a CHANCE to overload.

3) According to old testing, the threshold is 30 burden (2 good maneuvers)

If autocontrol is actually intercepting packets and measuring burden that way, the old testing is slightly off. The number of maneuvers is the same, but the burden is different. To top it off, overload % on autocontrol doesnt account of good burden, bad burden, or your threshold due to gear.

You can overload any time:
You are over 40 burden (master stat<auto, anytime after 2 maneuvers). Cirque body+2 raises this to 80 before overload.
You are over 80 burden (master stat>auto, anytime after 3-4 maneuvers). Cirque body+ raises this to 120 before overload

Each piece of gear just increases the threshold by x amount before you have a chance of overloading.

4) If i full time dispersal mantle, cirque body, buffon collar, and hands with kenkonken, i can hit 200+ burden before i overload (says its 225% or something)

5) i can test till i am blue in the face to see if gearswap is actually switching 100% of the time before maneuver, but due to the statistical nature of a % chance to overload its not a concrete easy to measure.

With just kenkonken only, on either good/bad maneuvers, any time burden is over 200 you can overload. Full timeing all -overload pieces i have gotten to 240~290 with both types of maneuvers.
By baroma 2015-03-26 19:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

check the drg forums, bg forums, or the general chat, they are posted in like 20 places

as far as pup news.

maneuver change is huge.

For every second spent engage, your pet adds maneuver duration. So you cant just deploy - retrieve and have the timer start. having my pet constantly deployed against enemies i am up to 4 min 4 sec per maneuver.

i applied 1 manuever, and every time it faded re applied it

60s
65s
80s
95s
2 min 25
3 min 3
4 min

etc, its not perfect since timer stops when mobs die and waits until you deploy again, but you get he idea. not sure what the upper limit is yet and not sure ill have time to find out tonight.

As of right now i am up to 5 minutes on the dot, which makes me think that might be the max.

At 5 minutes per maneuver, no need for maneuver gear at all to suppress overload >< Kinda makes me wish KKK would increase maneuver potency so each maneuver =2 maneuvers or something.
I knew it was long but i didnt realize it was 5 mins. holy ***
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-03-28 05:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Unity hella bones pup off mnk only h2h and nothing else for pup at all
By dustinfoley 2015-03-29 04:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not suprised, since unity doesnt change the jobs that can use the weapon, just stat vomits the original