Best Ways To Get Gil In 2015?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Best ways to get gil in 2015?
Best ways to get gil in 2015?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Pantafernando 2015-02-24 19:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, buy alex everyday. Currently is a massive pain the stock of alex, and soon its price will rise to suit the demand.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-02-24 21:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
1) Salvage - daily. Can be soloed and only takes 30 minutes a day.
2) Sparks. 50000 sparks = 500k gil. Just buy the lvl 70ish spark equipment, NPC them for gil. All the spark equipment has the exact same gil/spark conversion ratio.
3) Dynamis. A focused dynamis solo run can yield 500 coins.
4) Delve. Plasma - sell AirLixir+2 or relic upgrade items.
5) Unity. Bazaar the upgrade items for various pieces of equipment.
6) Login campaigns. If you have mules, log them all in, every day. Use the points to buy the wailing stone+2, or whatever the best item is at the moment for the points.
7) Skirmish upgrade stones. Wailing Stones, and all of the dusk, snow, and leaf stones are extremely popular at the moment. Farm the new & old skirmish for these - sell the stones. Upgrade your equipment later when prices have dropped.
8) This next part is for people building a Relic, Mythic, Empy 119. Stop buying new shiny items while you are building your weapon. As your gil starts to pile up, its tempting to buy that Windbuffet Belt +1 (as an example), its only 3M. Don't do it. Treat yourself to it *after* you finish your R/M/E.

While I wouldn't suggest that someone tons of gil into optimizing gear when building a R/E/M, people need to understand that gear > weapons right now. I'm not saying go drop 40 million on skirmish stones to optimize brand new shinies, but dear god the insurgence of 5/5 Sparks or T1 Yorcia skirmish gear disgusts me. I can't tell you how many monks I've seen who fulltime 5/5 otronif +1 and black belt. I'd take an oatixur monk over a glanzfaust monk 10 times out of 10 if the oatixur had good sets vs a glanz monk who has no 119 gear because they spent all their gil/effor making the weapon. I've always held the philosophy that you keep your job optimal while creating an 'ultimate' weapon. By the time you finish a R/E/M, you should already have most of the optimal gear. After finishing, you can start spending money on skirmish stones etc to maximize your sets. For example finishing a sphari over a tinhapsa gives a ~2.5% boost in damage. Whereas upgrading from skirmish (otronif+1) based tp/ws sets to near optimal sets is a ~23% increase. It usually ends up working out in your favor anyway since if you don't suck, you will probably win more events, therefore making more money and being invited to come back.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 22:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Once upon a time I knew a black guy that played FFXI. He was a Galka.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-02-24 23:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Once upon a time I knew a black guy that played FFXI. He was a Galka.

I remember Volvagia from an old linkshell.

He was a 6 foot 7 black dude of a basketball player. Played a Taru lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2015-02-24 23:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvage, Dynamis, PW, Voidwatch, Delve, Skirmish, Sparks, Login campaigns, Merc high tier, Farm lair reives etc
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2015-02-24 23:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Prize Powder from accolades ~> NPC
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2015-02-24 23:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There are clearly better ways to spend your unity points in order to attain more gil, but converting your accolades into prize powder is easiest aside from the crystals which will eventually plummet.
By mortontony1 2015-02-24 23:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well now I'm expecting SE to nerf that.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2015-02-25 00:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also farm Marid's. Their hides sell for about 2k NPC and their tusks/hairs NPC for about 1/3rd depending on fame. This is a big one used by RMT recently. Anywhere you can find Marid's, you'll probably find an RMT botting them, aside from abyssea where there is a time-limit. Farming these is a lot easier seeing as they stack to 12. If that doesn't appeal to you, you can always do Goob in The Boyahda Tree for Wisteria Lumber which NPC's for about 6-7k each. Also drops Boyahda Moss and Tree cuttings, Geodes, -ites. I personally feel the tree is a better route, but you tend to run in to more competition.
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-02-25 00:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Johnb said: »
What is the best way to make money in FFXI these days besides salvage and dynamis? I am doing mythic and relic at the same time so I cannot use salvage and dynamis to make money unfortunately.

Play the game, farm gil and don't spend it. Best way to get gil in 2015 I have noticed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 00:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
If that doesn't appeal to you, you can always do Goob in The Boyahda Tree for Wisteria Lumber which NPC's for about 6-7k each. Also drops Boyahda Moss and Tree cuttings, Geodes, -ites. I personally feel the tree is a better route, but you tend to run in to more competition.

Quote:
The vendor prices of the following items have been lowered.

Great Boyahda Moss / Wisteria Lumber

Iirc they dropped it down to ~1k each
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2015-02-25 00:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, must be why all the RMT moved to Marid's instead of the tree recently lol :)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-25 00:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Orc Piercers, Shellbusters and Yagudo Freezers.

Oh wait, that was ages ago.
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 00:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn I've been playing this game way too long.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-25 00:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »

Definitely don't look to see how long ago they nerfed that.

It feels like it wasn't too long ago, except it was forever ago.
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 01:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »

Definitely don't look to see how long ago they nerfed that.

It feels like it wasn't too long ago, except it was forever ago.

I hate numbers like that. That was 8 years ago. 8 years
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2015-02-25 01:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You do know 2008 was 7 years ago... correct? ;)
By mortontony1 2015-02-25 01:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You do know 2008 was 7 years ago... correct? ;)

*** math.
[+]
By jubehnka 2015-02-25 01:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

2) Sparks. 50000 sparks = 500k gil. Just buy the lvl 70ish spark equipment, NPC them for gil. All the spark equipment has the exact same gil/spark conversion ratio.
6) Login campaigns. If you have mules, log them all in, every day. Use the points to buy the wailing stone+2, or whatever the best item is at the moment for the points.
7) Skirmish upgrade stones. Wailing Stones, and all of the dusk, snow, and leaf stones are extremely popular at the moment. Farm the new & old skirmish for these - sell the stones. Upgrade your equipment later when prices have dropped.
8) This next part is for people building a Relic, Mythic, Empy 119. Stop buying new shiny items while you are building your weapon. As your gil starts to pile up, its tempting to buy that Windbuffet Belt +1 (as an example), its only 3M. Don't do it. Treat yourself to it *after* you finish your R/M/E.

As a person with multiple mules (15), I can vouch for this, but to some extent.
Having mules, my usual day takes about 2 hours to get started, if I"m distracted with something else, about 1.5 hours if I'm concentrating.

-Get your mules to Adoulin, takes ~45 min, one time run, start at San D'Oh ria because it's the shortest way to run to Jeuno.

-Get gardens and farm them daily. Use any kind of seeds or cuttings you get from groves for furrows, this is just to increase your ranks. Once rank 7, hold onto all the tree cuttings you'll be getting. Also you get lots of dark crystals from farming and mining, hold on to those.
Don't bother selling any items in AH. AH is dead, servers have no population. NPCING to garden mog is just as good, and like another comment said, you end up making ~75k per day, per mule at rank 7.

-Do coalition imprimaturs, ad-nauseum, till you get the option to do Marjami ravine. The run to Marjami can be soloed except for col. reives along Morimar that either 1.) Your main can solo, or 2.) You can wait for them to break. once you get to Woh gates, you have two options: 1.) run straight to Marjami Ravine which will leave you by waypoint 4, or 2.) if somebody with BLM or /BLM can help, party with them and have them escape you, where you'll end up at Yorcia, then run back into Woh, and straight up into Kamhir. Then you have to deal with more col. reives to get to at least Biv 3. IMHO the last one is not worth it, because Marjami biv 4 runs give you 4,500 Bayld per run, while Kamhir 3 and 4 are just 250 more (4,750).
Stay on the imprimaturs daily, and it's up to you to do 1 run of 3 imprimaturs, or 4 runs of 1 daily. It makes a huge difference in the time it takes you when you're doing 15 characters, and the Bayld difference, at least IMHO, is negible.
Flush your characters off of HP-Bayld one per day once you've hit 1M bayld, wait for Japanese time, that's when ppl buy.

-Floatsam and Daily tally. Floatsam you don't do anything but get it, that's it.
Daily tally, if you get pop items, etc, trade them back to box to increase daily tally. If you're lucky, your tally never decreases. Time will come where you'll have to take a break to replenish tally, though. Just wait it out. It's a gamble anyway.
All other stuff sell to npc. And if you're lucky you get the ocassional 1M stuff for AH. My rule of thumb is, for stuff that sells fast (transaction dates are all from today) sell on AH stuff that goes for at least 10k. For slow stuff, only sell if it's worth more than 200k. With limited AH slots and a slow AH, you have to be picky on what you sell.

-Unity/RoE
Chances are, if you have 15 mules, you're not leveling them. All my 15 are stuck at lv50 mnk. However, do complete those RoE that give you vouchers and items so you can sell them.
Since you're stuck at lv 50, you can't do much else, unless you do crafting or harvesting in which case keep the appropriate RoE active. As others said, sell Sparks for gil.
Sign up for unity and do daily "[ctrl]U .[Enter]". Eventually you'll have 15k points on every char, sell 1 stack of cape augment item at AH.

-Mog Pells
Red ones use them for skirmish upgrade stuff, unless you want them for yourself. Green ones, use them for copper vouchers>sparks>gil.

-Login points
This one is really the least profitable. Selling 2 beastly shanks per character, at current prices (~200k) nets you only 6M. In a month, that's pathetic, and slooow. Selling next best item is Wailing stones +1. You get 5 stacks for all 15 characters, currently going a 400k, so 2M, again, for something that's a whole month in the making, it's pathetic, but at least it's extra gil.

Sorrah for the long post. Won't let me put this in. But this is so you get an idea of the options available to you for an extra $15 a month.
It's a little time consuming, and takes ~2hrs till you can finally log to your main, but, like anything else in this game, be consistent, and eventually you'll reap your rewards.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
Server: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-02-25 02:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Don your knee-high boots and get yo *** street-side gurl
By Pantafernando 2015-02-25 03:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, dude ask the best way to farm cash and npcing stuffs is recomended?
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-02-25 03:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

jubehnka said: »
-Get gardens and farm them daily. Use any kind of seeds or cuttings you get from groves for furrows, this is just to increase your ranks. Once rank 7, hold onto all the tree cuttings you'll be getting. Also you get lots of dark crystals from farming and mining, hold on to those.
Don't bother selling any items in AH. AH is dead, servers have no population. NPCING to garden mog is just as good, and like another comment said, you end up making ~75k per day, per mule at rank 7.

What to do with tree cuttings? Use them on furrows or NPC them?
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-02-25 07:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There are clearly better ways to spend your unity points in order to attain more gil, but converting your accolades into prize powder is easiest aside from the crystals which will eventually plummet.
I saw the NPC price was 102 gil per 10 accolades. So, 10,200 per 1000 accolades and 510k for 50k accolades. Still, refractive crystals are better on my server at the moment.
By Muffz 2015-02-25 07:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

jubehnka said: »

As a person with multiple mules (15), I can vouch for this, but to some extent.
Having mules, my usual day takes about 2 hours to get started, if I"m distracted with something else, about 1.5 hours if I'm concentrating.

-Get your mules to Adoulin, takes ~45 min, one time run, start at San D'Oh ria because it's the shortest way to run to Jeuno.

-Do coalition imprimaturs, ad-nauseum, till you get the option to do Marjami ravine. The run to Marjami can be soloed except for col. reives along Morimar that either 1.) Your main can solo, or 2.) You can wait for them to break. once you get to Woh gates, you have two options: 1.) run straight to Marjami Ravine which will leave you by waypoint 4, or 2.) if somebody with BLM or /BLM can help, party with them and have them escape you, where you'll end up at Yorcia, then run back into Woh, and straight up into Kamhir. Then you have to deal with more col. reives to get to at least Biv 3. IMHO the last one is not worth it, because Marjami biv 4 runs give you 4,500 Bayld per run, while Kamhir 3 and 4 are just 250 more (4,750).
Stay on the imprimaturs daily, and it's up to you to do 1 run of 3 imprimaturs, or 4 runs of 1 daily. It makes a huge difference in the time it takes you when you're doing 15 characters, and the Bayld difference, at least IMHO, is negible.
Flush your characters off of HP-Bayld one per day once you've hit 1M bayld, wait for Japanese time, that's when ppl buy.

-Floatsam and Daily tally. Floatsam you don't do anything but get it, that's it.
Daily tally, if you get pop items, etc, trade them back to box to increase daily tally. If you're lucky, your tally never decreases. Time will come where you'll have to take a break to replenish tally, though. Just wait it out. It's a gamble anyway.
All other stuff sell to npc. And if you're lucky you get the ocassional 1M stuff for AH. My rule of thumb is, for stuff that sells fast (transaction dates are all from today) sell on AH stuff that goes for at least 10k. For slow stuff, only sell if it's worth more than 200k. With limited AH slots and a slow AH, you have to be picky on what you sell.

-Unity/RoE
Chances are, if you have 15 mules, you're not leveling them. All my 15 are stuck at lv50 mnk. However, do complete those RoE that give you vouchers and items so you can sell them.
Since you're stuck at lv 50, you can't do much else, unless you do crafting or harvesting in which case keep the appropriate RoE active. As others said, sell Sparks for gil.
Sign up for unity and do daily "[ctrl]U .[Enter]". Eventually you'll have 15k points on every char, sell 1 stack of cape augment item at AH.

-Mog Pells
Red ones use them for skirmish upgrade stuff, unless you want them for yourself. Green ones, use them for copper vouchers>sparks>gil.

-Login points
This one is really the least profitable. Selling 2 beastly shanks per character, at current prices (~200k) nets you only 6M. In a month, that's pathetic, and slooow. Selling next best item is Wailing stones +1. You get 5 stacks for all 15 characters, currently going a 400k, so 2M, again, for something that's a whole month in the making, it's pathetic, but at least it's extra gil.

Sorrah for the long post. Won't let me put this in. But this is so you get an idea of the options available to you for an extra $15 a month.
It's a little time consuming, and takes ~2hrs till you can finally log to your main, but, like anything else in this game, be consistent, and eventually you'll reap your rewards.

Since you seem to be so open about your methods of using all these mules to make money, about how much gil does this turn over per day? per week? per month?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-25 07:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
in answer to the OP. theFASTEST is to buy it, but then you know, you're dead to me, and most other people!
 Leviathan.Mckeag
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-02-25 07:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.epicnpc.com/forums/29-FFXI-%28Final-Fantasy-11%29-Buy-Sell-Trade
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
Server: Carbuncle
user: Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2015-02-25 08:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

hahahaha you beat me to the punch i was gonna post a site also i think this would be the easiest way to get your gil OP, and i'm sorry but alot of post that i've seen like omg it's insane like do you guys actually have that much time in your hand to do so much of these crazy npcing and other etc strategy for making gil? OP there's plenty of ways to make and i understand you need your dyna money for relic but sell the coins that you don't need if not do some research and do your homework because there's plenty of ways to make gil that don't involved into making 15 mules lol for you to be trying to get some petty amount of Gil for the amount of playing time you will be putting into if not go ahead and screw it buy Gil it's 2015 who gives a rat with what you do with your real life money buy Gil but use it wisely and level up a craft that will bring you some good income trust me i'm lucky i took advantage of leveling up Goldsmithing during the craft skillup campaign and now i don't break a sweat to make a huge amount of profit of Gil.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-25 09:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Yellowman said: »

hahahaha you beat me to the punch i was gonna post a site also i think this would be the easiest way to get your gil OP, and i'm sorry but alot of post that i've seen like omg it's insane like do you guys actually have that much time in your hand to do so much of these crazy npcing and other etc strategy for making gil? OP there's plenty of ways to make and i understand you need your dyna money for relic but sell the coins that you don't need if not do some research and do your homework because there's plenty of ways to make gil that don't involved into making 15 mules lol for you to be trying to get some petty amount of Gil for the amount of playing time you will be putting into if not go ahead and screw it buy Gil it's 2015 who gives a rat with what you do with your real life money buy Gil but use it wisely and level up a craft that will bring you some good income trust me i'm lucky i took advantage of leveling up Goldsmithing during the craft skillup campaign and now i don't break a sweat to make a huge amount of profit of Gil.
For the love of all that's good and glorious, please use these keys on your keyboard more often:

It's not going to bite, I promise you that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7