Best Ways To Get Gil In 2015?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Best ways to get gil in 2015?
Best ways to get gil in 2015?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-02-24 10:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best way to make money in FFXI these days besides salvage and dynamis? I am doing mythic and relic at the same time so I cannot use salvage and dynamis to make money unfortunately.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-24 10:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Johnb said: »
What is the best way to make money in FFXI these days besides salvage and dynamis? I am doing mythic and relic at the same time so I cannot use salvage and dynamis to make money unfortunately.

VW, Skirmish (sell the augment stones), Delve (use plasm to buy mega boss materials), etc.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-24 10:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The one thing I know about making money is that, just like in the real world, the people who are good at it aren't going to tell you squat lest you cut in on their action.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-24 10:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretend to be a girl and have people give you gil !

That or start your own LS and horde all the high gil items.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-02-24 10:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

step 1 leave port jeuno any opportunity that presents itself even if you don't need chapters from a chapter run just go do anything you can get into everything pisses gil these days
[+]
By Andromida 2015-02-24 10:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Many beastmen in Vana'diel drop gil, may I suggest genocide?
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-02-24 10:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fish
By fonewear 2015-02-24 10:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Andromida said: »

At that rate you'll have a million gil in approximately 10 years.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-02-24 10:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Make that 5 years with some good gilfinder !
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-24 10:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a mule.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-02-24 10:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Salvage - daily. Can be soloed and only takes 30 minutes a day.
2) Sparks. 50000 sparks = 500k gil. Just buy the lvl 70ish spark equipment, NPC them for gil. All the spark equipment has the exact same gil/spark conversion ratio.
3) Dynamis. A focused dynamis solo run can yield 500 coins.
4) Delve. Plasma - sell AirLixir+2 or relic upgrade items.
5) Unity. Bazaar the upgrade items for various pieces of equipment.
6) Login campaigns. If you have mules, log them all in, every day. Use the points to buy the wailing stone+2, or whatever the best item is at the moment for the points.
7) Skirmish upgrade stones. Wailing Stones, and all of the dusk, snow, and leaf stones are extremely popular at the moment. Farm the new & old skirmish for these - sell the stones. Upgrade your equipment later when prices have dropped.
8) This next part is for people building a Relic, Mythic, Empy 119. Stop buying new shiny items while you are building your weapon. As your gil starts to pile up, its tempting to buy that Windbuffet Belt +1 (as an example), its only 3M. Don't do it. Treat yourself to it *after* you finish your R/M/E.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-24 10:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want a long and tedious way of making gil !

Get an internship at SE work you way up the corporate ladder...boom drag and drop gil into your inventory !
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-02-24 10:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
2) Sparks. 50000 sparks = 500k gil. Just buy the lvl 70ish spark equipment, NPC them for gil. All the spark equipment has the exact same gil/spark conversion ratio.
6) Login campaigns. If you have mules, log them all in, every day. Use the points to buy the wailing stone+2, or whatever the best item is at the moment for the points.
7) Skirmish upgrade stones. Wailing Stones, and all of the dusk, snow, and leaf stones are extremely popular at the moment. Farm the new & old skirmish for these - sell the stones. Upgrade your equipment later when prices have dropped.
8) This next part is for people building a Relic, Mythic, Empy 119. Stop buying new shiny items while you are building your weapon. As your gil starts to pile up, its tempting to buy that Windbuffet Belt +1 (as an example), its only 3M. Don't do it. Treat yourself to it *after* you finish your R/M/E.

For Unity, do you mean refractive crystals @15k accolades?
For login campaigns, I don't have many mules but I saw some people have been using their points to buy beastly shanks.
By Lyncath 2015-02-24 10:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
The one thing I know about making money is that, just like in the real world, the people who are good at it aren't going to tell you squat lest you cut in on their action.
This.

Having said that, it's a good idea to try predict what commodities (items) might have a high demand after future updates. I know a few people who stockpiled Skirmish pieces as soon as Yorcia Weald Alluvion was announced. These same people, who shall remain anonymous, made an absolute *** fortune re-selling the same pieces at a much inflated price. Basic economics really.

If you're looking for an immediate solution then I suggest seeing what is currently in-demand and trying to slot yourself into the producer's market. Alexandrite is sure to sell within hours if not minutes of you finishing an Arrapago Remnants II run. Dynamis currency is going nowhere fast even though it's falling price on some servers has reduced its appeal somewhat. Voidwatch materials such as Heavy Metals, Riftcinder, and Reforge Materials are likewise steady bank.

Just takes a bit of research really. You can sort of tell what items are in demand by looking at the front page of this website to be frank.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-02-24 10:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

VW, Skirmish (sell the augment stones), Delve (use plasm to buy mega boss materials), etc.
Shiva.Larrymc said: »

^ What these guys said
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-24 10:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Larry covered most of it. Generally you can make money doing anything besides idle in town waiting flit a shout. Even doing cp yields accolades and Sparks, which = gil. If you add farming reives to your list, they drop skirmish parts, hpb, and bayld, which = hpb which = gil.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2015-02-24 10:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

maybe 7 if you make sure you have Moghancement: Money?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-24 11:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

For unity, he is referring to those possibly, but likely the upgrade items the monsters drop.

For instance, Intuila drops hides which are used to upgrade his gear he drops. Simply doing a few unity and along the materials is a fair share of gil. Of course, do the math. If a refractive crystal is more than 15000 accolades worth of a particular crafting material, opt for the crystal instead. And vice versa
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-02-24 12:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Fish

I'm only Fishing 60s. Are you suggesting Matsya or Black Sole?
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-02-24 13:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
Fish

I'm only Fishing 60s. Are you suggesting Matsya or Black Sole?

I'm guessing that was a sarcastic response. Fishing hasn't been profitable for quite some time.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-24 13:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope and dream that some day you might win the Moogle Bonanza while telling people you don't need gil to feel rich.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Debodopimp
By Lakshmi.Debodopimp 2015-02-24 14:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

>>>moc.emagorb<<<
coupon code: hahausuck
By Keido 2015-02-24 14:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pimping out Mithra? Isn't that still a thing?
By Pantafernando 2015-02-24 14:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i will do 60m just using the red cupons i earned just by logining during the right days (all 1$ mule got 2 cupons, and i was just lazy to turn them at that time).

And every login campaign all mules gets 4 wailing stones +1 to sell it. In the past i used its points to convert beastly to savory shanks, while it costed 4m. It was 4m for 1h work.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-24 14:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

pick one. dont do both.

general rule in ffxi is that if you have money and gear you can get money and gear easy. otherwise it takes work or... people.

gil comes from 2 different sources. saps who want convenience or cant do whatever it is that you do, or npcs. npc gil will get you banned if you do it enough. tho these days anything will get you banned!

but yeah if you have to ask how to make gil, its probably not going to happen. those that know, dont tell. everything mentioned here is 'common' ways to make gil. Averaging maybr 1.5m an hour if you have good groups.

making good gil is 2mil+ per hour per character. no one is going to explain those or they are hacks that are using on throw away characters.
 Leviathan.Xsoahc
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Xsoahc 2015-02-24 14:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Level THF.
By mortontony1 2015-02-24 14:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do VW or worm parties in abys, cruor>blinkers is still... kinda decent? Better than doing nothing with all that cruor. Have heard of people still doing the cells too
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-02-24 14:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyncath said: »
Ramyrez said: »
This.

Having said that, it's a good idea to try predict what commodities (items) might have a high demand after future updates. I know a few people who stockpiled Skirmish pieces as soon as Yorcia Weald Alluvion was announced. These same people, who shall remain anonymous, made an absolute *** fortune re-selling the same pieces at a much inflated price. Basic economics really.

If you're looking for an immediate solution then I suggest seeing what is currently in-demand and trying to slot yourself into the producer's market. Alexandrite is sure to sell within hours if not minutes of you finishing an Arrapago Remnants II run. Dynamis currency is going nowhere fast even though it's falling price on some servers has reduced its appeal somewhat. Voidwatch materials such as Heavy Metals, Riftcinder, and Reforge Materials are likewise steady bank.

Just takes a bit of research really. You can sort of tell what items are in demand by looking at the front page of this website to be frank.

I totally lucked out on that. Bought about 10 mil worth of yorcia 1/1/1s while making idris and ended up making my gil back by selling about 20% of what I bought.
By mortontony1 2015-02-24 14:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »

I totally lucked out on that. Bought about 10 mil worth of yorcia 1/1/1s while making idris and ended up making my gil back by selling about 20% of what I bought.

If only they were higher tiers, eh?
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-24 14:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Asura.Hoshiku said: »

If only they were higher tiers, eh?

I actually did higher tier faithfuls and heads for yorcia. Its kind of ridiculous how much people pay for stuff first day. eudeamon items alone where 4-10k each and now sell for 150-200k.

Foresight is effortless gil making.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7