Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 176 177 178
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-14 13:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
I tested for other modifiers, including hp.
as you say, there were none.

I am sure I know the answer to this already, but does that also hold true for the breath-type pet attacks? i.e. Dark Spore.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-14 14:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I tested for other modifiers, including hp.
as you say, there were none.
Did you test max and current hp?

Hey Falk might I ask your testing data. Like what you tested against/pet mab. Cause going back all except acid spray gives some pretty funky dint multipliers unless there is some pet mab involved or I guess it actually being a wsc instead of dint or just dint
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-02-14 15:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Hey Falk might I ask your testing data. Like what you tested against/pet mab. Cause going back all except acid spray gives some pretty funky dint multipliers unless there is some pet mab involved

They're all level 119 pets, so did you account for the base MAB pets have? Maybe have a peek back at your work here.

If you're looking for a formula from the numbers it might be difficult, since the testing was done with and without Minnikin Monstrosity atma on Shore Spiders. I kept the level consistent per Ready move, but it wasn't the same level target for the entirety of the testing because of the Level Up system there.

Question: am I remembering wrong, or did we not confirm that Breath+ from Skirmish armor has no effect on Dark Spore, Pestilent Plume, etc?
By Xilk 2017-02-14 15:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I put on all 3 best hp+ atma
there was no change in damage
I didn't test w/ lower hp than max, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes down.
I feel like all but frogkick were breath attacks for funguar.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-14 15:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Hey Falk might I ask your testing data. Like what you tested against/pet mab. Cause going back all except acid spray gives some pretty funky dint multipliers unless there is some pet mab involved

They're all level 119 pets, so did you account for the base MAB pets have? Maybe have a peek back at your work here.

If you're looking for a formula from the numbers it might be difficult, since the testing was done with and without Minnikin Monstrosity atma on Shore Spiders. I kept the level consistent per Ready move, but it wasn't the same level target for the entirety of the testing because of the Level Up system there.

Question: am I remembering wrong, or did we not confirm that Breath+ from Skirmish armor has no effect on Dark Spore, Pestilent Plume, etc?
Ah totally forgot some mab testing was done though it appears incomplete so can't really figure out the dint multipliers. tsk tsk. And wasn't really looking to make a full formula just dint multipliers which should work since I had assumed you'd made sure no lvl changes per move.

As far as the breath it sounds familiar but I can't remember. On one hand would actually make sense for it to work since MAB doesn't and well the stat is pretty useless otherwise. On the other hand SE... actually wasn't even confirmed to breath dmg or just elemental dmg that didn't use mab?
By Xilk 2017-02-16 11:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah totally forgot some mab testing was done though it appears incomplete so can't really figure out the dint multipliers. tsk tsk. And wasn't really looking to make a full formula just dint multipliers which should work since I had assumed you'd made sure no lvl changes per move.

As far as the breath it sounds familiar but I can't remember. On one hand would actually make sense for it to work since MAB doesn't and well the stat is pretty useless otherwise. On the other hand SE... actually wasn't even confirmed to breath dmg or just elemental dmg that didn't use mab?

SE nerfed the hp modifier on bst pet breath attacks when things started moving away from abyssea. It took a bit for me to remember. I didn't think much of it at the time, because breath attacks were not very useful for bst anyway.

damage is still reduced when hp is low for Aqua Breath, Silence Gas, etc. But increasing max hp doesn't increase the damage. It just builds a buffer of hp in which damage from breath attacks will not reduce until you drop below the pets normal max hp.

but they are plainly breath attacks.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-02-16 14:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to increase droopy dortwin wild carrot healing?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-02-16 15:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Is there any way to increase droopy dortwin wild carrot healing?

Just TP Bonus and Pet:MaxHP (Familiar/Mochi/Haubert: Path D/Vorseals/Atma).
By Xilk 2017-02-20 11:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna bug you with one Falkirk, and anyone else familiar enough w/ lua.

I updated to your newer lua a month or so ago. I like to use a script of aliases to directly assign Jugmode.

ex:

alias ken gs c set JugMode 'Blackwater Broth'

This was working fine until I upgraded to your newer lua (which has alot of nice features I like).

I'll try bugging motenten also, though I'm not sure how active he is anymore.

I get these errors.

Gearswap: Lua runtime error: Gearswap/flow.lua:339:
Gearswap has detected an error in the user function self_command:
... Mote-SelfCommands.lua:56: Unknown mode value: 'Blackwater

I've poked at the functions in flow and Mote-SelfCommands, but I've never learned lua or the intricacies of these scripts.

Any ideas what you changed to make it so that you cannot manually change JugMode? or does manually changing it work for you?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-02-20 12:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

alias ken gs c set JugMode 'Blackwater Broth'

Gearswap: Lua runtime error: Gearswap/flow.lua:339:
Gearswap has detected an error in the user function self_command:
... Mote-SelfCommands.lua:56: Unknown mode value: 'Blackwater

JugMode can also be the pet's actual name instead of the broth, so try changing your JugMode list from this:
Code
state.JugMode = M{['description']='Jug Mode', 'Meaty Broth', 'Bubbly Broth', 'Livid Broth', 'Tant. Broth', 'Blackwater Broth'}

to
Code
state.JugMode = M{['description']='Jug Mode', 'BlackbeardRandy', 'BouncingBertha', 'WarlikePatrick', 'VivaciousVickie', 'HeadbreakerKen'}

and then altering your alias to:
Code
alias ken gs c set JugMode HeadbreakerKen
By Xilk 2017-02-20 12:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks that 1/2 fixed it, the other part i needed was to use double quote marks for some reason.

nice to have this back!
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-06 09:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the cap on valorous gear augment for a combined pet acc/atk+? The OP physical ready sets have either a dedicated atk (str/atk+) or a dedicated acc (dex/acc+). But what about having both atk and acc?

The op set listed as each acc and atk capped at 30 separately. But i do have one piece already with a pet atk+29 and pet acc+5. Granted the acc on that aug is low, but it still would seem better then a single straight +30. So whats the cap for a combined pet acc/atk aug on valorous gear? And would that be better then a straight up atk or acc.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-03-06 09:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
What is the cap on valorous gear augment for a combined pet acc/atk+? The OP physical ready sets have either a dedicated atk (str/atk+) or a dedicated acc (dex/acc+). But what about having both atk and acc?

The op set listed as each acc and atk capped at 30 separately. But i do have one piece already with a pet atk+29 and pet acc+5. Granted the acc on that aug is low, but it still would seem better then a single straight +30. So whats the cap for a combined pet acc/atk aug on valorous gear? And would that be better then a straight up atk or acc.

30 / 15 and you can have +stat on top of that as well as something like DA.

Pretty much nothing but a dream until a real augment addon gets underway imo.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-06 09:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »

so chances are i wont get much better then this auged peice without going crazy? (this piece leaning toward dmg side rather then acc)
Valorous hose bst physical rdy
Pet: str+9 atk+29 Acc+5 dblatk+2 crithit+2%

edit: assuming cap on that would be
pet: str+15 atk+30 Acc+15 dblatk+? crithit+?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-03-06 09:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

so chances are i wont get much better then this auged peice without going crazy? (this piece leaning toward dmg side rather then acc)
Valorous hose bst physical rdy
Pet: str+9 atk+29 Acc+5 dblatk+2 crithit+2%

Unlikely to do better. General "you should have at /least/ a set for ATK and a set for ACC" but do you.

Also crit is essentially worthless for pets. Off the top of my head idr if DA alone has a higher cap than DA+crit, but if it does, it is better.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-06 11:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Also crit is essentially worthless for pets.
Really? I thought/was told that was a good stat for rdy moves?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-03-06 11:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet:STR+15, Atk+30, Acc+15, DA+3% CritRate+3% would be the particular cap for this.

When the Double Attack augment is isolated, it caps at 4% (5% with Fern).

Also crit is essentially worthless for pets.
Really? I thought/was told that was a good stat for rdy moves?

Sath is correct. There are only 4 Ready moves that can crit (Foot Kick, Big Scissors, Power Attack, and Sickle Slash) and because they have "Critical Hit Rate varies with TP" instead of "Damage varies with TP", their damage ceiling caps out around 10k. So specifically gearing for Pet:Crit has very niche benefits.

Since Valorous always has Pet:CritRate+ paired up with Pet:DA+ anyway, it's not a big deal. But if you were choosing between the two augments on a piece of Acro or Taeon gear, Double Attack is more valuable (especially for Pentapeck/Sweeping Gouge/Tickling Tendrils/Chomp Rush).
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-06 13:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

well, that sucks.. All those skirmish stones wasted on trying to get crit hit rate on the weapons.

Which stones are best for getting the physical rdy stats, and the magic rdy stats? I was trying (i think) Taupe for magic, and fern for physical. Are others better?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-03-06 13:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

well, that sucks.. All those skirmish stones wasted on trying to get crit hit rate on the weapons.

Which stones are best for getting the physical rdy stats, and the magic rdy stats? I was trying (i think) Taupe for magic, and fern for physical. Are others better?

Depends on priorities. If you want stat+15 you need Taupe. If you want higher chance at 30/15 ACC/ATK stats you need to settle for +10 stat on pellucid or just dumb thousands of stones per piece.

I probably wasn't playing when the bulk of the testing was done Falkirk, do we have good intuition as to the effect of STR / DEX / etc on ready moves yet? i.e. should we weight +5STR higher than +10ATK or the like? I assume each ready move has distinct modifiers?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-03-06 14:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

For comparison, mostly you are simply getting the extra Attack form STR. Just like players 2STR = 1 Attack (though I guess I was away when this ratio changed for 1-handed weapons. which most bst pets are, so it might be 3/4 ratio for pets too. not sure myself)
So 15 STR + 30 Attack nets you 37 Attack. However, there is of course a little more to it.

Just like players When thee STR/VIT ratio increases, you do better damage. In fact, attack will become capped at some point, but STR improvements will not. You'll notice this easily enough doing melee or ready moves vs low level content. Attack is easily capped (My randy has capped attack vs King Behemoth as an easy example). In such cases adding STR increases damage, but adding attack does not.

That being said, specific modifiers to physical ready moves are not known. The magical ones are much easier to find, and many of them do NOT have WSC modifiers.

Its a safe bet that STR will help all physical ready moves, and that any other stat will probably not help at all.

Best way to test would be in Abyssea. its pretty easy to cap attack there, and easy to add Stats to pets thru atma.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-03-06 14:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume each ready move has distinct modifiers?

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Apologies for the double post, but do we also know the WSC modifiers for pet ready moves?

There actually aren't any.

When you get a Pet:STR or Pet:DEX augment you can simply think of them as contributing to your pet's attack or accuracy stat.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-03-06 14:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That is actually the answer I wanted to hear. Makes life a lot easier in terms of min/maxing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-03-06 14:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

testing str or dex affect on pet attack or acc is easy enough w/ /checkparam
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-03-13 12:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for Falkirk and Malthar (idt anyone else who posts here?):

I'm finishing AG Farsha later today probably, and it started as a joke + reward swap that got kind of out of hand. But the more I got to thinking about it the more I started wondering if I could find actual uses for it. Do you guys ever bust if out for anything but Reward and actual use on CS (do you use this over Barbarity?)? It seems like it'd be a great offhand to Triedge for Mistral Axe, but I'd love to hear of other niche uses for it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-03-18 11:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on the axe, man. That prestigious BiS Reward gear.

Do you guys ever bust if out for anything but Reward and actual use on CS (do you use this over Barbarity?)?

I personally don't, unless the extra Magic Accuracy Skill is needed.

Aside from Barbarity/Barbarity +1, I think Kumbhakarna [WS DMG+4%, MAB+20, STR or MND+17] is a strong contender for max Cloudsplitter damage.

As an offhand option, you make a good point that any STR-based WS would benefit from the high STR modifier there. The only other thing I can think of would be for solo BSTs trying to hit that 2000 damage auto-attack in Omen?
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-03-18 11:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for Falkirk and Malthar (idt anyone else who posts here?):

I'm finishing AG Farsha later today probably, and it started as a joke + reward swap that got kind of out of hand. But the more I got to thinking about it the more I started wondering if I could find actual uses for it. Do you guys ever bust if out for anything but Reward and actual use on CS (do you use this over Barbarity?)? It seems like it'd be a great offhand to Triedge for Mistral Axe, but I'd love to hear of other niche uses for it.

When I want to really piss off a mob, I main-hand this, get 3k AM, put on all my crit hit rate gear, get max haste (and da when I can), then go to town. You can see as much as 4-5k crits. Calamities regularly get me over 20k. This axe works best on war, though, because ironically, war is a bst. lol
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-03-18 11:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish SE would show our pet status icons and give us a better way to take off negative status effects. :-\

I guess we'll get that when we get the sic/ready recast -5. lol
By clearlyamule 2017-03-18 11:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw we will get it when we get the pet th gear they promised...
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-03-19 09:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished afterglowing my Aymur. I'm not that impressed. :-(
By Undula 2017-03-20 08:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished mine, and i'm very impressed!
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 176 177 178