Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 176 177 178
 Siren.Dolphjagfan
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: inmanab
By Siren.Dolphjagfan 2015-07-03 22:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, Trulusia. Been trying to figure out ways to solidify hate on the pets ever since the enmity adjustments, but its only rocky at the beginning of fights. The only real enmity issue is with the GEO in our group...luckily I'm dualboxing said GEO so its easy to control casting at the start :P
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-04 07:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was camping lottery NMs for one of the beginning Farsha trials, because I wanted to make a 119 Farsha for +7 MND over Mafic Cudgel for Reward, when a friend had a profoundly amazing idea.

2x MND+17 (currently only have +17 and +12, ran out of duskdim) axes for reward. Haven't tested the new cap yet but I was at 3487 before (outside of Escha). I still lack second MND+4 earring because Fenrir's goldsmithers are lazy.

Enjoy your -2 inventory, Falkirk. I couldn't resist doing it once it was suggested.
[+]
By Israfelx 2015-07-04 13:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

With so many duplicate items such as the above-mentioned Kumbhakarna, how do you differentiate them in a typical windower macro script?
For example: /input equip main "Kumbhakarna[1,2,3,4]" ?

Thanks!
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-04 13:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The syntax for gearswap goes like this:
back={ name="Pastoralist's Mantle", augments={'STR+2 DEX+2','Accuracy+2','Pet: Accuracy+17 Pet: Rng. Acc.+17','Pet: Damage taken -5%',}}

So I assume it will a similar system, probably not the exact same, but should give you a baseline to try stuff out and see if it equips it (until someone gives you a real answer).
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-07-04 13:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
I still lack second MND+4 earring because Fenrir's goldsmithers are lazy.

I wouldn't say that the lack of +4 mnd earrings is due to goldsmithers being lazy, but instead due to the earrings being a pain in the butt to make. Personally, I think all the earrings can be annoying to make compared to the rings, but the mnd earring is the worst because it uses fire, water, thunder, and earth in the synergy recipe, so it's extremely tough to get a perfect alignment. Also most goldsmithers are probably worried about getting stuck with an earring that won't sell well (and for less than a str earring) if they do happen to get lucky with hq.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-04 15:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

2x MND+17 (currently only have +17 and +12, ran out of duskdim) axes for reward. Haven't tested the new cap yet but I was at 3487 before (outside of Escha).

Brilliant! :)

Saw you got Kumarbi's Akar too - grats man.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-04 15:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
2x MND+17 (currently only have +17 and +12, ran out of duskdim) axes for reward. Haven't tested the new cap yet but I was at 3487 before (outside of Escha).

Brilliant! :)

Saw you got Kumarbi's Akar too - grats man.

Thanks! There was much celebration.

Also I don't know if you have implemented it already / have room for it, but Despair Gauntlets have 31 MND, making them the highest MND piece for hand slot BST can wear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-04 15:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also augment Taeon Gloves with MND+10. MND+38 total.

... I know, it's gross, but it's there. :(
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-04 16:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also augment Taeon Gloves with MND+10. MND+38 total.

... I know, it's gross, but it's there. :(

Oh geez...why did you tell me this?! Duskdim also I assume?

Either way it's -1 inventory, I don't use despair gloves for anything but reward because they are awful.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-04 16:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My inventory is weeping in the corner as it is. Please stop making me want to add to its pain.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-04 16:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Realized my Pet: MACC set doesn't have any dusk augments on it. Threw MND+10 on Taeon hands. You actually gave me inv +1 with that, good call! MND+169 now. 2 more from second axe and then 2 more from HQ earring which doesn't exist...that bring us to cap without food / external buffs?

No external buffs. MND+169
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-04 16:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Realized my Pet: MACC set doesn't have any dusk augments on it. Threw MND+10 on Taeon hands. You actually gave me inv +1 with that, good call! MND+169 now. 2 more from second axe and then 2 more from HQ earring which doesn't exist...that bring us to cap without food / external buffs?

No external buffs. MND+169

Very nice. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-04 18:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
My inventory is weeping in the corner as it is. Please stop making me want to add to its pain.

I had to retire my SCH recently due to inventory. I didn't play it anyway, but still.
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-07-05 02:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have some questions that has been bothering me:

When do I want to use BST AF3 Reforged 119 hands (for TP Bonus)?

When do I want to use Acro Gauntlets with some Pet: MAB/M.Acc augments?

Is it possible to use AF3 hands and Acro guantlets at the same time for the Lizard pet? Or receive the effect of TP Bonus and Pet:M.Acc//MAB? (When I say "same time", I mean through swapping, of course).

thank you!
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-05 08:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

nukumi manoplas +1 are best-in-slot for all physical Ready moves up until your pet's effective TP from traits/bonuses reaches 3000.

They're especially important for non-WAR pets to reach that sweet 2000 TP threshold:

Basically, you wouldn't use them when Unleash is active, or if you somehow earned enough TP in-between Ready moves to cap with just Fencer/Axes.

The effectiveness of TP (for 'Damage varies with TP' attacks) is greatly diminished over 2000 TP (less than ~1/3rd potency compared to the 1000-2000 TP range).

So for magical attacks, anytime you're hovering around or above 2000 TP you should use Pet:MAB hands instead.

Did a quick comparison to illustrate this.

Pet: TP Bonus vs Pet: MAB
(1900 effective TP, using Fireball on Wild Rabbits)
Nukumi Manoplas +1: 3304 damage
Skirmish Hands w/Pet:MAB+25: 3511 damage

Now let's consider a BST who hasn't augmented their Skirmish Axes yet - they should be using Nukumi Manoplas +1 instead of Pet:MAB hands because they're in the middle of that sweet 1000-2000 TP range.

(1500 effective TP Fireball)
Skirmish Hands w/Pet:MAB+25: 2861 damage
Nukumi Manoplas +1: 3137 damage

Is it possible to use AF3 hands and Acro guantlets at the same time for the Lizard pet? Or receive the effect of TP Bonus and Pet:M.Acc//MAB? (When I say "same time", I mean through swapping, of course).

Pet: TP Bonus and Pet: MAB/M.Acc are both processed during Pet midcast which means you can't gain the benefits of both at the same time.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-07-06 18:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

would that all go for someone with just 109 hands generally speaking?

*edit* love the little pictures btw im a visual person :P
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-06 18:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
would that all go for someone with just 109 hands generally speaking?

*edit* love the little pictures btw im a visual person :P

Yessir. :)
By Felgarr 2015-07-06 22:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

nukumi manoplas +1 are best-in-slot for all physical Ready moves up until your pet's effective TP from traits/bonuses reaches 3000.

They're especially important for non-WAR pets to reach that sweet 2000 TP threshold:

Basically, you wouldn't use them when Unleash is active, or if you somehow earned enough TP in-between Ready moves to cap with just Fencer/Axes.

The effectiveness of TP (for 'Damage varies with TP' attacks) is greatly diminished over 2000 TP (less than ~1/3rd potency compared to the 1000-2000 TP range).

So for magical attacks, anytime you're hovering around or above 2000 TP you should use Pet:MAB hands instead.

Did a quick comparison to illustrate this.

Pet: TP Bonus vs Pet: MAB
(1900 effective TP, using Fireball on Wild Rabbits)
Nukumi Manoplas +1: 3304 damage
Skirmish Hands w/Pet:MAB+25: 3511 damage

Now let's consider a BST who hasn't augmented their Skirmish Axes yet - they should be using Nukumi Manoplas +1 instead of Pet:MAB hands because they're in the middle of that sweet 1000-2000 TP range.

(1500 effective TP Fireball)
Skirmish Hands w/Pet:MAB+25: 2861 damage
Nukumi Manoplas +1: 3137 damage

Pet: TP Bonus and Pet: MAB/M.Acc are both processed during Pet midcast which means you can't gain the benefits of both at the same time.

Lovely, really! ...but do you mind editting your images to include the Aymur that I have? I'm a visual person as well. :/

Edit: since I have an Aymur, should I bother with 1 offhand Skirmish Axe with MAB and TP Bonus?
By Beaztmaster 2015-07-07 01:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lovely, really! ...but do you mind editting your images to include the Aymur that I have? I'm a visual person as well. :/

Edit: since I have an Aymur, should I bother with 1 offhand Skirmish Axe with MAB and TP Bonus?

Just add the difference of 300TP when substituting one Kumbhakarna for Aymur.

In the first visual (tiger), Effective TP Total would be 2800.

In the second visual (crab), Effective TP Total would be 2300.

In the third visual (lizard), Effective TP Total would be 2200.

And yes, you should absolutely bother with 1 offhand Skirmish Axe with MAB and TP Bonus!
[+]
By Felgarr 2015-07-07 02:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Beaztmaster said: »

Just add the difference of 300TP when substituting one Kumbhakarna for Aymur.

In the first visual (tiger), Effective TP Total would be 2800.

In the second visual (crab), Effective TP Total would be 2300.

In the third visual (lizard), Effective TP Total would be 2200.

And yes, you should absolutely bother with 1 offhand Skirmish Axe with MAB and TP Bonus!

Aymur gives +1000 TP, no? or is it +500 before and after?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-07 04:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Aymur gives 500 TP when you use a Ready command (precast) and then another 500 TP during the pet's midcast phase.

2 Alluvion Skirmish axes w/Pet:{MAB+20 and TP Bonus+200} is actually superior to Aymur+Kumbhakarna.
By ithorien 2015-07-07 14:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Switched to the OP gearswap sheet, and admittedly my fault 100%, lost Bertha.

Do any of you or have any of you found out if there's a way to prevent that jug from being used unless Bestial Loyalty is off CD? I wasn't used to the sheet and didn't switch out of Bertha mode.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-07 15:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting around line 882, there's a section dedicated to equipping the correct Jug Pet Ammo. Find the pets you want to exclude and add
Code
if spell.english == 'Call Beast' then
    add_to_chat(123, spell.name..' Canceled: [HQ Jug Pet]')
    return
end

ie.
Code
elseif state.JugMode.value == 'BouncingBertha' then
        return
    end
    equip(sets.precast.JA['Bestial Loyalty'].BouncingBertha)
By ithorien 2015-07-07 15:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting around line 882, there's a section dedicated to equipping the correct Jug Pet Ammo. Find the pets you want to exclude and add
Code
    return
end

ie.
Code
elseif state.JugMode.value == 'BouncingBertha' then
        return
    end
    equip(sets.precast.JA['Bestial Loyalty'].BouncingBertha)

Thank you!!
By Felgarr 2015-07-07 21:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Aymur gives 500 TP when you use a Ready command (precast) and then another 500 TP during the pet's midcast phase.

2 Alluvion Skirmish axes w/Pet:{MAB+20 and TP Bonus+200} is actually superior to Aymur+Kumbhakarna.

Oh man. That makes me so sad. Is this true for > 2000% TP? (Or is Aymur + Kumbhakarna only better < 2000% TP?)
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-07 23:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For > 2000% TP with a WAR pet you probably want 2x Nibiru Tabar or etc.

That's pretty much the reason I tanked my Aymur progress. BST's real mythic is called Duskorbs.
[+]
By Thandor 2015-07-09 03:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed there's no Eald'narche entry on the high tier battlefields chart.

What's the strategy (and gear requirements) for that?
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-07-09 04:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty much the reason I tanked my Aymur progress. BST's real mythic is called Duskorbs.

I'm not following - why stop Aymur progress and instead use axes (Nibiru Tabarx2) with no TP Bonus on them? Unless your saying that the pet accumulates enough TP from melee hits by the time you use the ready move + Fencer V (500)+ hidden 1000 + 600 from hands so the store TP from the axes is not needed?

Nukumi Manoplas +1 are best-in-slot for all physical Ready moves up until your pet's effective TP from traits/bonuses reaches 3000.

It seems that based on this statement reaching effective 3000 TP for WAR pet physical moves is greater than any pet attack bonus (for any slot)?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-09 05:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »

I'm not following - why stop Aymur progress and instead use axes (Nibiru Tabarx2) with no TP Bonus on them? Unless your saying that the pet accumulates enough TP from melee hits by the time you use the ready move + Fencer V (500)+ hidden 1000 + 600 from hands so the store TP from the axes is not needed?

Sath is specifically talking about when using a magic based ready move, as TP has a less profound effect after 2k TP. Aymur is still BiS for physical ready moves so long as pet tp isn't otherwise capped somehow.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-07-09 05:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

He mentioned nibiru tabars because Path C has Pet:MAB+15 and Felgarr was asking about magical ready moves at high Pet TP amounts. :)

mdomo axe and mdomo axe +1 are also options until you have the money/luck to finish a pair of Kumbhakarnas for Fireball etc.

Edit: Dang it, Tru. Ya beat me to it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 176 177 178